Child Adoption

Do not throw away the receipts which you have attended those adoption talks as you might need them as proofs. As long as you do not reach 50 years old, you are able to adopt baby.

we fail 2 IVF attempts which put a lot of stress on my wife and myself both physically mentally and financially. I would hate to see her go through another cycle of this as during that time she really suffered. We want a complete family with baby as she love kids. Thanks for helping

As I mentioned before, quickly go and fill the home study application form. These forms consist more than 10 pages and both of u & wife are required to do medical check up. Doctor is required to fill up some section.

thanks Emily. I do not have anything to proof as we attended the adoption talk but its through computer booking. We submit a survey after the talk though. Maybe they have our records captured. So the next step is to fill in home study application right? How about looking for babies?

Home study report takes about 2 months or more times for the accredited institution to process. There is a fee incurred. I think it is now around $1.2k or 1.5k. (During my time it was $900) if you want to adopt baby from China.... Yes. The waiting time is that long.

As for sourcing for Baby, one of the reputable agents is lotus adoption. The babies are from Malaysia or Indonesia. Another way is to register with MSF. The waiting time can be as long as 10 years!

I am a Buddhist. My wife want a Chinese baby that's why I need to check if i go to agency looking for china baby, will it be faster?

that's why I don't want to register for msf as by the time they found the Baby I will be 55 time for retirement how to wait like this right? If I am young maybe can but looking at our age I think its best to go for agency that have china babies from legal source instead of joining the waiting que. Didn't know adoption can also be that troublesome...LOL

It can be stressful filling up the home study form.... But these questions are good for both of you as they really make you think deeper and also prepared both of u. Just be truthful when answering those questions as there are no right or wrong answers. Once filled up the form and done the medical reports, send the form to the accredited institution. Both of you will be interviewed by the institution. The officer will based on the questions and interview both of u so both of u must be sure what both of u have written on the form.

Meantime.. Do some research on some adoption agents. Talk to them so that you have a better understanding. Also both of you decide on the gender of baby.

thanks Emily, you have been a very big help in explaining the things to me. I read at the beginning of this thread that some agency with china baby is quite fast in sourcing for baby but it has so many page so I never really read all. Would like to find a agency with china baby then go and find out more infomation or maybe any one here has any recent information regarding this. Actually, my wife and me has been married for over 10 years already and without a child , it seems life is like becoming stagnant and boring with no motivation. Sure we have our work, house, friends but when at home its only 2 of us.

RayGooh, I have gone through that! Stagnant lifestyle.... Just 2 persons at home.... TV and Phones are our only companion. China babies do have a lot of restrictions. This is way I did not bother to think about adopting from China. Recently, the government also posed a strict ruling as there are many cases of baby smuggling in China.

thanks Emily, I really hope we can be as lucky as you. I will try to get the hsr done asap. Its quite late and I really appreciate your effort to explain to me . Do get some rest. I will report back once I got the hsr done. thanks for your kind help again.

Hi ladies

I've contemplated adoption n attended talks. But decided to give a last shot to do donor egg program in Bangkok. Failed once but second time successful with my son. Did 6 times ivf prior the eventual success. This is a possible option for women with inferior eggs. My hubby had very abnormal sperm but they picked the best to do icsi anyway. Hope this will give you gals some consideration.

As for us, we are very lucky. Our first kid is local and second one is from Malaysia.
Hi Emily04, I have just completed HSR process. We prefer local first and then if need be we go for Malaysia. How did you manage to get local kids? We have yet to start looking out...:) If possible can you share on your journey after HSR.

Hi New journey,

Looking for locals one is purely depends on your lucks. I'm indeed very lucky to find my son. If your religion is Catholic or Christian, go to the church and talk the members so they can keep a lookout for u. At times, the members of church or pastors need to counsel unwed teenagers, they are the bridge to the adoptive parents. Some organisations also provide counselling. Go to these organisations to register yourself. However there is a validity to the HSR .... 2 yrs so don waste any more time waiting.... However, the cost of local and foreign is a big big gap so you must be mentality and financially prepare.....

Good luck!
Emily04

Hi Emily04, Thank you for your reply. Points noted. May i know how long you took to adopt locally within the 2 yrs? Cause i would prefer to wait for local if need be. How much is the difference on cost for local against foreign adoption? I understand foreign one is ard 30K. Local, is it half or less? Any idea?

What adoption agency that you used for on your foreign adoption? i understand there are 3 that are quite prominent ie Joyful, Lovely and Lotus...I find Lotus the business address is a HDB ie in Jurong and as well as in Peninsula Plaza. Not a great feeling but then we nvr know. I have yet to visit those places. Any recommendation on which is more trustworthy and professional in dealing with oversea adoption?
There is so much to action now so that i wont waste valuable time. But then again, local adoption we dont know when our luck will kick in.

Thanks
New Journey

If there is anyone in this thread can share what is the journey after HSR would be great for my understanding....currently the fear of not know much. I have no friends whom have adoption experience so i m relying very much on websites discussion and sharings. I believe i m in the right path of searching for informations that are helpful. Would like to gain confidence as well moving forward..:) help!

Hi! I am helping a close relative who is contemplating adoption (but has a lot of questions) ask the following questions. If you can share, please do so (don't flame the messanger). My relative is still holding back as his parents are not in favour as they do not know what kind of gene pool will come into the family. They rather he and his wife be childless.

- What makes you very certain that adoption is what you want?
- Do you have hidden fears when a child is identified for you? Such as how did the child end up in adoption? Is the child actually kidnapped from poor villages and "sold" to their countries' adoption agencies? Or if the child is born to prostitutes or girls who live "lose lives and then got pregnant", child born from rape or is the child's birth parent(s) having low intelligence and this may be partially passed down to the child as well? Or some lose behaviour / rapist tendancies could be inherited by the child as well.

Hi,

Based on my past experience, I must really said that this path to adoption does not come easily as there are many uncertainties hold for the future! Firstly both couples must be supportive to each other and able to overcome many queries from the relatives and even friends. For me, I have undergone multi- miscarriages and my husband cannot bear to see me suffering. What other options do we have? Either we grew old without a complete family or find alternative=> adoption. I loved babies too much and the fact of unable to carry a full term pregnancy is very hurting to a woman. Having own baby or adopted baby does not matter to us anymore, we just want a complete family with lots of laughter in our lives! I remembered my husband told me that we might not have a healthy baby if we keep on trying. ( I had lots of many episodes of heavy bleeding during my last pregnancy)

Most of the times when people learnt about our adopted children, they are very curious and raised many questions. Both my husband and I just answer their queries and shared our experience so that they can have a better picture of adoption. Of course, some people can be very rude and inconsiderate about their comments. Just learnt to let go and carry on what you believe in. We do not know about the future but one thing for sure, my husband and I do not regret on our decision on adoption. When a couple decided to choose this path, be strong and have lot of faith. Do your own research and go website to search information on adoption. You will be surprised that there are lots of information which you can discover.

Emily04

Hi New journey,

To answer your questions..... The cost of Local adoption can be half of the cost of foreign adoption. Reason being... There is no agency involved. For foreign adoption, there are two agencies involved,
Paper works, traveling, nanny and local legal works incurred for two countries. That is why the cost for foreign adoption is so high.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was very lucky. If I remembered correctly, it took me less than 6 months to have my first adoption. However, I did a lot of reading online.

Emily 04

Hi everyone, I have been contemplating about adoption for many years. recently I finally attended the pre adoption workshop by lutheren, but I have many doubts, I feel they did not give a very clear picture and left many couples with questions marks. I will like to seek support here, if Anyone could help

Hi angelbaby924,

Please post your doubts and questions so that some of the readers can help.

Regards,
Emily 04
Thanks for responding. I wanna know where do I head for looking for a baby? they keep saying arranging a baby in private, but I dunno anyone who will be giving up their baby....

Hi Angelbaby,

Do some searching on local adoption And adoption from nearby countries. I have shared before about local baby... (The chances of locating local baby is very slim). Explore your search to nearby countries and at the same time start your doing your document, Home Study Report now. Read those questions first and give a thought of those questions stated in the home study report. They are not difficult to answer. Just some tips.... Be truthful and sincerely on your replies.

Regards,
Emily04

Hi Emily

Could you share the name of your child adoption agency? My hubby and I have tried to ask MSF but they say they don't have small kids. Do you mind sharing how old was your child when you adopted him?

Hi Angelbaby, attending the talk was a good start. Check out: http://app.msf.gov.sg/Adoption. Choose one of the 6 accredited agencies to do your Home Study Report. That will take about 4 months on average; could be more for some agencies, less for others. Once you have received the approval to adopt, approach MSF, ask the agency you've done your HSR with and commercial adoption agencies. Meantime, read up on adoption. I highly recommend "Raising Adopted Children" by Lois Ruskai Melina. Also spend loads of time together to make sure your marriage has a good foundation before parenthood begins : ) I'd recommend too that you attend the Disclosure Workshop (compulsory for legalisation of adoption papers anyway) after baby comes home. All the best!

For medical test for the baby in Singapore , anybody did a more detailed medical test beside the basic test of blood test, hearing?

We took our babies to our pediatrician to further check. Did a HIV test. If baby is delivered in S'pore hearing tests & test for G6PD are done by hospitals here. If not, pediatrician can advise on what tests to do. We see Dr Terence Tan/Dr Lee Kwang Hsien at Kinder Clinic in Mount Alvernia.

Hi. I read about the FB group and would like to join. However, my friend request to Giftsatbudgetprice was accepted but no pm received. What else was I supposed to do? Thanks in advance.

For benefit of all other members who have problems in joining the fb group :)

Reposting:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "giftsat budgetprice".
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in the reply"
4. if you are serious in joining the group, you have to reply to the pm within 2 weeks. if you didn't reply, your request will be turned down.
5. please allow 1 week for admin to "approve" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding
Hi New journey,

To answer your questions..... The cost of Local adoption can be half of the cost of foreign adoption. Reason being... There is no agency involved. For foreign adoption, there are two agencies involved,
Paper works, traveling, nanny and local legal works incurred for two countries. That is why the cost for foreign adoption is so high.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was very lucky. If I remembered correctly, it took me less than 6 months to have my first adoption. However, I did a lot of reading online.

Emily 04

Hi everyone. I just adopted a BB girl recently and waiting to get the in principle approval for dependent pass from MSF. Was wondering if there are any support groups for fellow adoptive parents to join.
Hi, I just had my HSR report, can you share to me ho
Hi everyone. I just adopted a BB girl recently and waiting to get the in principle approval for dependent pass from MSF. Was wondering if there are any support groups for fellow adoptive parents to join.
Hi, I just had my HSR report ready, can you share with me how is the process and time to find the baby and ready to bring into Singapore while waiting for the DP approve ?

Hi all, I am new here. I am seriously thinking of adopting a child. Just attended a talk at fei yue . Seems very complicated to adopt a baby from china. Me and my wife ( Yes, I am the hubby) are still blur blur about the whole procedure. to my understanding, fei Yue is providing the administrative work and I have to go look for my own baby? I have read the first few page and know about agencies . Can someone kindly point me to the right direction? I have also send a friend request on facebook to the group. Didn't know adoption can be such a hassle . Sigh....in fact after attended the talk , its discouraging especially the 5-7 yrs waiting list for china babies. Seems that by going the agency way would be the faster alternative but am worry about the fees incurred. Can someone kindly advise me? Thanks.
Hi,i want to give baby for adoption..please contact me at [email protected]

Back