Child Adoption

angelbaby6683, Please read the previous posts for the procedure.

dear PAP, i recently accepted friend requests of about 7 people. if you are one among them, please do the needful accordingly. just friend request accpetance, doesn't get you an entry to the group.

thanks
Hi mom 2 be, can adding me into your PAP group. my really need Experience parents to share the adoption procedure.

We took our babies to our pediatrician to further check. Did a HIV test. If baby is delivered in S'pore hearing tests & test for G6PD are done by hospitals here. If not, pediatrician can advise on what tests to do. We see Dr Terence Tan/Dr Lee Kwang Hsien at Kinder Clinic in Mount Alvernia.
Hi Vickysmommy, can you share is there a medical check up form to follow beside HIV test,hearing tests & test for G6PD at Mount Alvernia ?

Hi i am looking for a baby to adopt.I am a singaporean Indian.I am also getting my HSR ready.It will be great if they are twins also.If anyone ready to legally let me adopt please let me know.No gender preferrance..

Thanks.

Just to check with you guys, do adoption agencies in Singapore usually draft a contract with adoptive parents? There is one agency i know that does not practise that. They told me that only a receipt is given on first payment. Seems dubious to me.

Hi, we are in the process of finalising our HSR. we are open for domestic adoption, if there are anyone out there who wish to give up their babies, please get in touch with us, many thanks.

Just to check with you guys, do adoption agencies in Singapore usually draft a contract with adoptive parents? There is one agency i know that does not practise that. They told me that only a receipt is given on first payment. Seems dubious to me.
better make sure legal documents are in place. maybe check with lawyers??

Hi,

Based on my past experience, I must really said that this path to adoption does not come easily as there are many uncertainties hold for the future! Firstly both couples must be supportive to each other and able to overcome many queries from the relatives and even friends. For me, I have undergone multi- miscarriages and my husband cannot bear to see me suffering. What other options do we have? Either we grew old without a complete family or find alternative=> adoption. I loved babies too much and the fact of unable to carry a full term pregnancy is very hurting to a woman. Having own baby or adopted baby does not matter to us anymore, we just want a complete family with lots of laughter in our lives! I remembered my husband told me that we might not have a healthy baby if we keep on trying. ( I had lots of many episodes of heavy bleeding during my last pregnancy)

Most of the times when people learnt about our adopted children, they are very curious and raised many questions. Both my husband and I just answer their queries and shared our experience so that they can have a better picture of adoption. Of course, some people can be very rude and inconsiderate about their comments. Just learnt to let go and carry on what you believe in. We do not know about the future but one thing for sure, my husband and I do not regret on our decision on adoption. When a couple decided to choose this path, be strong and have lot of faith. Do your own research and go website to search information on adoption. You will be surprised that there are lots of information which you can discover.

Emily04
Emily thanks for sharing this, my hubby and i are finalising our hsr, pretty excited to start on this. very lucky indeed for you to get a local baby! which local counselling do you think i should reach out to so that they can help me take note of local babies?

Hi dear all - anyone keen to adopt a 5 year old Vietnamese girl?
We came across this cute girl on our trip to Malaysia with an adoption agent; the agent asked us if i could ask around my Singaporean family and friends if anyone is keen to adopt.
We are fostering her for the time being and really want to help her find loving parents and permanent home.

She is healthy, smart and social!
She doesn't speaks the same language with us but picked up a lot when staying with us for 5 days!
She learnt the basics of swimming within half an hour;

If anyone is keen to know more about her, please call the agent's number in Malaysia: Peter +60 12 775 1811
Anyone wants to visit her while she is still in Singapore, please quickly send a message to Iris on 81868962.

Thanks!

Hi. My husband and I have just finished our home visit and will be starting our adoption process. My husband is English and I'm Singaporean. We are in our 40s, financially sound, and running our own company. We will be getting intouch with adoption agencies...but if anyone knows of any babies looking for a loving home, please let me know. Obviously any recommendations on adoption agencies to approach, hugely appreciated. Thank you all.

Hi, I've gotten my approved HSR just last week from Fei Yue and am looking for an infant Chinese girl to adopt.
Any good recommendations? Heard some horror stories of adopting through agencies and that's why decided to leverage on forums instead.
I've also asked to place on Fei Yue waiting list but thought I'll try out here also well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hi Vickysmommy, can you share is there a medical check up form to follow beside HIV test,hearing tests & test for G6PD at Mount Alvernia ?

Hi Angelbaby, sorry for not replying sooner! Havent been online here for quite sometime. If you let the pediatrician know that your baby was adopted, discuss with him/her the test you can have done. Bear in mind that the tests done are all physical so intellectual and psychological states can't be detected.

ADOPTIVE PARENTS - YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED TO ATTEND THIS TALK:

Facing the Hard Truths – Talk cum Discussion
Topics covered :
• Handling sensitive questions & sharing difficult information about birth family – when, how to and how much to tell
• When is a child ready for a search / reunion?
• Managing fears and supporting a search
• The impact of a search, reunion & ongoing contact

Come join us for a time of learning and sharing to address your fears and better understand how to support your child.
Speaker : Ms Vivienne Ng, Chief Psychologist,
Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)

REGISTRATION Fee: $30 per person

Date/Time: Thursday, 27 August 2015, 7pm – 9.30pm

Venue: 5 Stadium Walk, Leisure Park Kallang, #04-06, Singapore 397693

To register, go to https://app.adoption.gov.sg/WorkshopPARegistration.aspx , look for item 3 and click on “Register for Workshop”.

Attachments

• Chat Time-27Aug2015_Facing the Hard Truths.pdf
    528.3 KB · Views: 503
Hi all, I am preparing to start the adoption process. I felt very lonely coz everyone around me are able to have their own kids...but why can't I? My hb and I both adore children but I couldn't fulfil his wish, I feel so terrible and guilty. My next best option is to go for adoption. I glad I found this forum, at least there is someone out there who can understand and support me.

I have sign up for the pre-adoption talk. So what's the next step after the talk?

Do not get too overwhelmed with this loss... I strongly believe that there must be a reason for everything happened to people like you and I.

Once you have make up your mind in adopting, stick on with your decision. I promised you that you will not regret this path.

Now list out the questions and doubts on a piece of paper.... Raise these questions during the workshop. Next step... Go to MSF website and search for "adoption"... There are few things for you to read up and understand the processes. Do HSR. Once you have completed HSR, then you can identify the adoption agents.

Now list out the questions and doubts on a piece of paper.... Raise these questions during the workshop. Next step... Go to MSF website and search for "adoption"... There are few things for you to read up and understand the processes. Do HSR. Once you have completed HSR, then you can identify the adoption agents.
Thanks Emily! It's good to know that there are some sincere listening ears here.

I heard about this agency named Lotus, anyone tried out this agency before?

Good morning! Chanced upon this thread when I dabbled with the idea of adoption. Been married for almost 5 years and after 2 unsuccessful IVFs, I wonder if going down the adoption route might be my best option to have the family that I envision.

Any advice or lobangs on adopting a local/overseas baby?

Hi,

Just completed home study report. Thought would be good to connect with other adoptive parents to journey together.

So exciting!

starry
Hi starry, congrats! hv u identified your baby yet? I can recommend my agency if u are keen? We hv adopted 2 gals, now they are 7yo and 2yo. Anytime u need any support let us know. Rgds

hi, my wife and I had been trying to have a baby for the past 3 years but unsuccessful (1 miscarriage and 2 ectopic pregnancies). We are looking to adopt a child if possible. We had gone for the pre-adoption talk but have not apply for the HSR yet. Also apply to join mom_2_be facebook group but no news after being added to her fb account

Jiayou all adoptive mums to be! Sorry i have been MIA for a while cause I was busy taking care of my girl. Very blessed that the process was smooth and shorter than expected. I met my bb when she was 6 days old, now she is almost 3 months old.

Hearts are with you all, I have got through failure IUI, IVF, ectopics as well... guess once you have made a decision jointly, you just have to move on and stay positive :)

For benefit of all other members who have problems in joining the fb group :)

Reposting & Re-edited:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "giftsat budgetprice".
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in the reply :)
4. please allow 2 weeks for admin to "add-in" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))
NOTE4: My fb page was a place for cheap gifts :). I dont write or post anything regarding adoption on my wall. I respect the privacy of my family(group members). i cant tag them on my wall , everyone have their issues. please understand
NOTE5: We're a very active family of almost (nearing 100 people) & we answer all questions to the best of our ability & knowledge.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

Hello!

My husband and I have just completed our hsr, our preference is to adopt a local baby who is in need of a new home, maybe those who are currently under state care. But I heard chance is quite slim, very unpredicatable, as most are for fostering and not adoption.

So the alternative is to approach an adoption agency I guess... May I know if anyone has any feedback on joyful adoption agency, ministry of baby adoption singapore and/or Singapore adoption agency? I couldn't find much feedback on them online. I've called alicefrom lotus and left my name so guess just need to wait?

oh, congrats! from my knowledge, Singapore adoption agency only handle adoptions from Vietnam. we had spoken to joyful. They are nice people. We met Alice and she's very nice too. waiting list might be quite long for her agency. i had contacted msf about children under state care but most children put up for adoption under state care are likely not infants and have very specific needs so a match might be difficult as we might not be able to meet their specific needs. nonetheless if you are keen to enquire you can email them. though have not contacted ministry of baby adoptions, heard it's quite good too. good luck!

Last edited:

Back