Child Adoption

Hi mom_2_be,

Season Greetings. My husband and I are looking to adopt a baby. We are very keen to join this FB page to find out about adoption proceedings, learn and share from other couples adoption experiences, etc. We are attending the PAB early 2014 and currently preparing the HSR report documentation. We are very excited but totally lost too as we have thousands of queries in our mind.

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "giftsat budgetprice".
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin
PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in the reply"
4. if you are serious in joining the group, you have to reply to the pm within 2 weeks. if you didn't reply, your request will be turned down.
5. please allow 1 week for admin to "approve" ur request

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

Hi
I am so happy to see this support group giving advises and encouragement for adoptive parents.

My husband and myself just got our HSR approved. We are looking forward to our search for a baby. We are really unsure of which agencies are reliable as we heard horrible stories about them.

Can anyone gives recommendations on the adoption agencies? We have a recommendation by a friend. However I saw really bad reviews on another forum about it. Has anyone tried this agency called ministry of baby ?

I will really appreciate all help and advises.

By the way, is the Facebook group adoptioninsg still working? Tried to get in several times but there's always an error message. Can anyone advise on this? I am really interested to join this group.

Thanks!

Lam Sok Mun, please follow the steps that i has mentioned earlier.

Ofc, yes...we're very much a active fb group.

Note to all prospective parents who would like to join fb group: Please don't send in your messages without sending the friend request( Even though you don't me, you have to send a friend request, for me to add in the group, no choice.,,that's how fb workso_O). Reason: 1. I'll not be able to add you in the group 2. All the non-friend messages go to öther"folder "& i don't check it..

So, if you're really interested in joiing the group, please follow the steps that I had mentioned in my previous post on Jan 1st, 2014.

Thanks

Hi mum 2 be

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I have a problem regarding the friend request on the FB. I did went into giftsat budgetprice but I cannot find the " add friend" button. Can you teach me how to send you the friend request ? But I did send a message to you but the message will be in your "the other folder".

Sorry for all the trouble. I am not very good in social media.

Thanks again for all the help! Have a great weekend!

Hi mum 2 be
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I have a problem regarding the friend request on the FB. I did went into giftsat budgetprice but I cannot find the " add friend" button. Can you teach me how to send you the friend request ? But I did send a message to you but the message will be in your "the other folder".

Sorry for all the trouble. I am not very good in social media.

Thanks again for all the help! Have a great weekend!

Lam Sok Mun, please follow the steps that i has mentioned earlier.

Ofc, yes...we're very much a active fb group.

Note to all prospective parents who would like to join fb group: Please don't send in your messages without sending the friend request( Even though you don't me, you have to send a friend request, for me to add in the group, no choice.,,that's how fb workso_O). Reason: 1. I'll not be able to add you in the group 2. All the non-friend messages go to öther"folder "& i don't check it..

So, if you're really interested in joiing the group, please follow the steps that I had mentioned in my previous post on Jan 1st, 2014.

Thanks

Lam Sok Mun, I did read through a couple of messages from people, who wanted to join the group. I had send them the friend request instead. But none of them replied or accepted the request. If you're one of them, who had messaged me, please check your friend request section :)

The group helps prospective adoptive parents. so, its just a service. Nothing to apologise.:)

c u on board soon

Hi

I have received your message on FB and I have sent you a friend request.

Thanks for all the help and looking forward to joining all of you on the fb group :).

Sok Mun

Lam Sok Mun, I did read through a couple of messages from people, who wanted to join the group. I had send them the friend request instead. But none of them replied or accepted the request. If you're one of them, who had messaged me, please check your friend request section :)

The group helps prospective adoptive parents. so, its just a service. Nothing to apologise.:)

c u on board soon

A Gentle reminder to parents who would like to join the fb group:

Please be reminded that just by sending the friend request & me accepting you doesn't entail you to join the group.

you must answer this & send it as a pm to me...
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

Thanks

during the last few days I have been getting a couple of friend requests. If its you, please do the necessary to join the group.

A Gentle reminder to parents who would like to join the fb group:

Please be reminded that just by sending the friend request & me accepting you doesn't entail you to join the group.

you must answer this & send it as a pm to me...

Thanks

during the last few days I have been getting a couple of friend requests. If its you, please do the necessary to join the group.

Hi mom_2_be - I just added you as a friend but as you haven't yet approved me, when I go to send a message to you the Facebook system prompts that it will go to your other folder which you said you don't check. If you can approve and then I will PM you with info :) Thank you!

KVR81, I've cleared all my friend requests...please check.Also, if I've added you, please answer the required for me to add in the group

A Gentle reminder to all Prospective adoptive parents (PAP) ;), please note that just by adding yourself in fb through "friend request", doesn't entail you to join the group.

For the past few days, I've added atleast a few of them. if you happen to be one, please do the necessary. I always check the óther' folder for messages, whenever I login.

Thanks for the patience

Hi all, we have 2 kids on our own, and planning in time to expand our family through adoption. Really excited though I know it's hard work.

I didn't think adoption was a shy topiic at all. Perhaps some people just feel awkward talking about it cos they're not sure of your reason for adoption. I have a church friend who adopted both their kids from Touch services. It's great to see them grow up!

Hi mum to be,
My friend req has been accepted for one month plus. I forgot to send a message back. I tried to do it just now but an error message pop out. Is there way to recover? My name is chin Ping. I have adopted a girl two years ago. Think now is right time to expose my girl to the world of adoption. Thus keencto join the group. Thanks. Between, may i know the actual procedures for adopted kids to do renounce when they turn 21st years old? The name is different. Just wonder how to submit the form under different name.

A Kind Note to all Prospective Adoptive Parents, who want to join the fb group.

Please donot just in the "friend req" & once I have accepted it, you all just go through my fb wall & ask me whether are we as a group active? our adoption group is a very much active group & we are around 53 parents helping each other.

So, if you want to join the group, Please do follow the procedure, that had been posted in this forum a couple of times earlier. ( the same place from where you got my fb id to send the friend request :mad:...) Please dont send me a message after a long time that you dont see any kind of messages from my id....

thanks & please follow the steps accordingly:)

SENSITIVE QUESTIONS, HONEST ANSWERS - A FORUM & WORKSHOP FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTS

Are you worried about what questions your child will ask when he/she gets older and understands more about adoption?
Do you feel uncertain when your child is seeking more answers than you can give?

• Hear from a panel of adoptive parents and adult adoptees as they share their experiences and insights on how to handle sensitive and unexpected questions.
  • Share your thoughts and concerns, and learn from others.
  • You can turn a ‘heart-tugging’ question into a special moment of affirmation for your child!

Date: 21 May 2014 (Wednesday)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: Blk 162 Bukit Merah Central 4th Floor Room 5
Fee: $20 per person, $10 for TAFNET members,
FOC for SHG Facilitators
(Fee includes 7% GST)

Dinner is provided & will be served from 6.30pm.
Forum will commence at 7.15pm sharp.

REGISTRATION
To register for the Forum, go to www.adoption.gov.sg and click on “Register for Workshop”.

Fees will be collected on that night.

Hope to see many of you at the Forum!

Hi Fellow Adoptive parents - just a forum I think you'd benefit from especially when you have started disclosing to your children or thinking about it. We can always learn from others further into their disclosure journeys.

Anyway, here's wishing all a very HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY - especially if it's your first Mothers' Day! What a privilege it is, isn't it?!

cheers,
Andrea

This is a reminder to sign up for our upcoming Forum on “Sensitive Questions, Honest Answers” to be held on Wednesday, 21 May.

Come and enjoy a buffet dinner with other parents and our panel speakers at 6.30pm, with the Forum commencing at 7.15pm! (Please see attached flyer for more details)

This Forum will take on a slightly different format from previous ones as we will be discussing 20 questions that adopted children usually ask as they get older, with personal sharing and input from our panel of 4 invited speakers as well as the adoptive parents who will be attending the Forum and have many stories of their own to share.

We are most privileged to have a great panel of speakers – 2 adoptive parents and 2 adult adoptees - who are as follows:

1. Lim Shun Shun – an adoptive mum who is Singaporean Chinese and married to David (Singaporean Indian). Their son (Singaporean Indian), aged 11, was adopted at 15 months.
  2. Dan Gedal – an adoptive father who is American and married to Lalaine (American). They have a biological son, aged 14, and a daughter adopted from Nepal, who is aged 9.
  3. Norhaya Fong – a Singaporean award-winning music and film director, who was adopted as a baby and has since reunited with her birth family.
  4. Debbie Hogan – a Marriage and Family Therapist who was adopted when she was 5 years old from Korea and comes from a family of 6 siblings, 4 of whom were adopted from mixed parentage.

Don’t miss this opportunity to come and be blessed, encouraged and inspired! Mark your calendar and sign up now at www.adoption.gov.sg!

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My husband and I just received our HSR. Can anyone recommend any reliable adoption agencies? We are very excited to start on this new phase.

Thanks!

c u on board soon

Hi , Can add me into the group, Thanks !

angelbaby6683, Please read the previous posts for the procedure.

dear PAP, i recently accepted friend requests of about 7 people. if you are one among them, please do the needful accordingly. just friend request accpetance, doesn't get you an entry to the group.

thanks

dear PAP, i recently accepted friend requests of about 7 people. if you are one among them, please do the needful accordingly. just friend request accpetance, doesn't get you an entry to the group.

thanks

Hi ,When I click the link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/adoptioninsg/
Only can see on this page !!!

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

thanks

Angelbaby,
please read the following:

Steps:
4. if you are serious in joining the group, you have to reply to the pm within 2 weeks. if you didn't reply, your request will be turned down.
5. please allow 1 week for admin to "approve" ur request

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))

Hi
I've been getting some friend requests from a lot of them in the last couple of weeks & many are inquiring about the fb group.
1. the fb group is very active & is a secret group & how to join can be found in my last post.
2. please take note that a friend request accepting doesn't get you in the group :)

thanks...hope it answers those questions

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. We will like to go for Adoption thru legal.
I'm looking for chinese baby for adoption, pls pm me.

Can also add me in FB group?

Hey all! I am new here to this forum.. Hubby and I are looking into adoption, but honestly clueless about it... I've sent a friend request to the facebk gp, pls add me to the facebk gp - pm me (lmk if something didnt go thro... paiseh I am also new to FB :D). thanks alot for your help!

Hello all, eh.. didn't see any response from FB (no msg in the 'Messages') , after sending out the friend request to "giftsat budgetprice" .. not sure if there's anything that i have 'set' incorrectly.. let me know ya... thanks alot!

pupnui, please read the above messages for the procedure for FB group adding :)

agapeolgl , please check your fb notifications...not sure..if it was your friend request...please leave a message in fb if it was you...

people, plese do note that I check my fb mails, when i get time...so it'll take some time for me to respond...i know it'll be daunting...

thanks

thanks so much for adding! have left a FB message (hope I did it correctly)... we're planning to meet up some agencies soon.. hmmm, seem like many out of biz? their websites either down, or no longer exist... any advice on the whats and hows will be much appreciated! thanks gals!

Hi mom_2_be - the instructions for joining your FB group seem really confusing... i dont know how to reply to... and from the thread of conversations, a lot of people seem to be having problems too.

I have therefore decided to set up a new FB group called "adoptive families in Singapore. Hopefully, becoming a member would become easier.
Just go to FB, login and search for "doptive families in Singapore" and send friend request. Thanks.

I have 2 adopted children aged 5 and 7 and am very keen to connect with other adoptive families in Singapore.
Looking forward to talking and maybe even meeting up with some of you soon!

regards,
Jo

Attachments

• IMG_6443.JPG
    IMG_6443.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 506
For benefit of all other members who have problems in joining the fb group :)

Reposting:

Steps:

5. please allow 1 week for admin to "approve" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

happy.gif

NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))

Hi All,

Is anyone new in the process like me? My husband and I are just at the beginning but have been thinking about adoption more and more. I have found this site really helpful for information: www.adoption.com. I am on there pretty regularly now. They have children listed. Mostly American, but some from Asia/Europe too. I hope to see more of you on there!

Hi Admin,
i have requested to add me in the facebook. am awaiting for the pm in order to reply the reason. thanks.
By the way, just to make sure i requested to the correct facebook group, may i check the profile pic of this giftsat budgetpriceis it a bag?

Hi all,
i am new to this forum. just signed up with this forum yesterday.
i am a single lady and i would like to have a family of my own.
it has been my childhood dream to get married early and then have the first child by 30 years old.
however this childhood dream can no longer be fullfilled.
i am exploring any opportunity to adopt... to set up a family of my own, even though i know becoming a single mom is going to bevery hard.

Coolkel, you had sent the fb request to me - fb group admin ( admin of SMH is a different person. I dont know anything about the admin of SMH).
i did add you in the group & the group had dropped a welcome note to you, but unfortunately, you didnt have anytime to respond to it..
thanks

Coolkel, you had sent the fb request to me - fb group admin ( admin of SMH is a different person. I dont know anything about the admin of SMH).
i did add you in the group & the group had dropped a welcome note to you, but unfortunately, you didnt have anytime to respond to it..
thanks

Hi mom_2_be, thanks for your reply. i hasnt log on fb for a while. i will check it out now. cheers.

Hi all, I am new here. I am seriously thinking of adopting a child. Just attended a talk at fei yue . Seems very complicated to adopt a baby from china. Me and my wife ( Yes, I am the hubby) are still blur blur about the whole procedure. to my understanding, fei Yue is providing the administrative work and I have to go look for my own baby? I have read the first few page and know about agencies . Can someone kindly point me to the right direction? I have also send a friend request on facebook to the group. Didn't know adoption can be such a hassle . Sigh....in fact after attended the talk , its discouraging especially the 5-7 yrs waiting list for china babies. Seems that by going the agency way would be the faster alternative but am worry about the fees incurred. Can someone kindly advise me? Thanks.

thanks budgetsat for adding me as friends but I cant seem to see the forum except for some post. How do I go on from here? So far no respond here and there. Pls help , I know I am a guy here and most of you here are ladies. My wife don't know about how to go abt it to get more info that's why I am here. Hope some kind soul could help or at least reply here. Thanks

In order to adopt a baby from other countries like Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam, you must get ready of Home study report. In order to have home study report, go to MSF to download the form. There is details of information guiding people on adoption. There is a fee of doing home study report from credited institute. One of them is touch community and another is feiyue . This report is valid for two years.

If you have own contact of locating baby... Good for you as the fee will not be so high as compare to adoption agency.
hi Emily, thank you so much! I been waiting for someone's reply and it seems this discussion is dead. I am stuck at the facebook group . My friend request to giftsat budget price has been accepted but seems like I am not in the group yet as I will need to reply to a question to join the group but the pm has not been send to me yet.

I have attended the talks on adoptions with fei yue and got to know that if I were to adopt a china baby, the waiting list is at least 7 years. I am turning 46 soon. Wonder if going through agency will be a faster option. Also , I may need some recommendation for trustworthy agencies that is legal and from proper sources. Thanks for your help. I wanted to adopt because we have been trying for at least 6 years for a baby but not successful. We even go for IVF but fails 2

Back