Child Adoption

hi..i am excited reading the successful adoption stories here..I have been trying to conceive but fail, we both malaysian and rules of adoption and the waiting time really dissapoint us.. by the time the procedures done, the baby already 1year above. i believe most of us here, are not only looking for adoption but bond of love of taking care a newborn rather we missed all of part of seeing how they learn to turn theirs body, sitting up and breastfeeding part...

i really wish to get one from local...

Hi. My husband and I are happily married and have been together for 12 years. We would love to adopt a baby girl. My husband is the kindest man I've ever known and I think it is a pity if he never gets a chance to be a father. He'd make a wonderful father. I am looking forward to be SAHM, I want to spend all my days nurturing my baby! Even before we found out that I can't get pregnant, I wanted to adopt. There are so many babies out there who need a loving home. I prefer newborns or under 9 months so I guess a local adoption is more feasible? I've been through this thread many times over and been searching online for more resources. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi ALL

Does anyone have any experience adopting directly from China without going through agency?

By the grace of God, I have been given a contact by a friend who knows a China mother wanted to give up her unborn child.

Can anyone give me advise on issues I have to look out for regarding the baby and family?

How can I legally bring the baby back to singapore? etc....

hi, is this thread alive?

i wanted to ask all adopted mommies, do u choose your babies? as in, have u mommies rejected any babies u have 'viewed' before?

hi juzyounme,

There are several ways to go about it:

1. Contact MCYS (the govt way).
2. Approach an adoption agency.
3. Look for potential adoptive parents, list your terms (usually monetary to cover expenses, etc), head to a lawyer familiar with adoption procedures (PM me if you need a good one). The lawyer will do the rest.

Do consider carefully before deciding to give your child up. I'm sure it'll be heartbreaking for you. It should be the last option, even though there are many eager adoptive parents out there.

Take care, God bless!

Planning to have a second adoption. This time i want to have a baby boy not more than 6 mth. Any 'lobang' please PM me. Thanks
happy.gif

hi all,
I just want to share my recent adoption journey. My hubby and I have applied for a china adoption back in June 2007 last year through Touch community services. However late last year we got notified the wait is going to be long, even up to 5years. I was rather disappointed and even resigned to the fate that we will be childless for the rest of our lives. (This is after 2 failed IVF tried). However in my heart I still havent give up, have thoughts of even approaching adoption agencies but because of the high cost I hold back. But my strong instinct to be a mother still lingers.

Then just middle of this year we recieved a call from Touch community that there is a local infant who single mother is giving up for adoption. We were both shocked and disbelief..We went to see the baby and he was so small and prematured but we just fell in love with him. After 10days stayed in the hospital for jaudice we bought him home on 20th June, and our journey of parenting begins. With no 9months preperation everything happen so quickly for us, from never ever be a parent to a parent of an infant. We just felt that our life has changed and this is like a dream..came true.

Today our baby is four month old and he is adapting really well into our lives. I guess we were just lucky that the baby came to us at birth. All I want to tell those who wished or planning to adopt is do not give up, and keep believing and praying and god will just answer your prayer one way or another!!!

We've brought Nathan home for 5 mths and we finally got his birth cert on Thu. I was so happy that I bursted into tears. It's quite a challenging journey for me and my husband cos the changes that Nathan brings to our lives are just much more bigger than we expected, but we thank God every day for having Nathan as part of our lives and part of our family.

There will be even more challenges when Nathan grows up but I think it's one of the best decisons I've ever made in my life and I am really grateful to have Nathan!

hi all,

i'm looking into adopting a baby girl.

it will be great if you can contact me if you know of anyone giving her infant up for adoption.

thanks alot.

Hi,

I'm also very keen on adopting a baby girl (preferably newborn onwards), kindly PM me if you know of anyone who intends to give up their child for adoption.

Thanks

Hi there,

my sister is looking for baby for adoption. Been married for 12 years. If there's anyone who intends to give up their child, either girl or or boy, please pm me and I will give you her number directly. She's looking for newborn.Thank you very much.
P.S: By the way, our race is Malay but she don't mind the race of the baby. Thanks.

Dear Everyone,
My husband and I are looking for a Singaporean child, at least 3 years old to adopt. We would welcome a boy or girl of any ethnicity or race.

We have been married for 14 years. If anyone knows of a child who needs a loving home, we are ready and our paperwork is complete. Please PM me with any information. Thank you...

Dear all,

My wife and I are married for 8 years. Last year doctor confirmed that her chance of having baby is near zero. We love kids, my heart aches whenever I see tears in her eyes every time she envies couple with little angel. I am committed to adoption. Any kind soul has little angel let me know, I wanted to make my wife happier, spread the words. Luv is in the air.

Hello,

I just completed MCYS's home visit for my boy that i adopted since he was 2 days old,last august. My family is much happier and we are much closer with his presence. I am glad that I took my chances and give adoption a try. Hope that all of you couple will get your dream come true to be a parent.

Hi! Is this thread still active? I'm currently filling in my HSR forms and am just wondering if anyone's in the adoption process at the moment?

Hi AH (shasha),

Thanks for responding! Can I ask how you managed to find a local child available for adoption? Is it through an adoption agency OR through personal contacts? Do you know if the shelters for unwed mums in Singapore deal in adoptions too?

Yuli,

I went to a local adoption agency. If you know someone who want to up the babies , you can also do that way. From what I know, many people had told me that there are always some unwed mum who want to give up their child. But I think it is better if you don't have much personal contact with the adopted child's parent. Just let the lawyer do all the work.

As in the shelters, from what i know, most of the mum would like to keep their baby, unless they cannot handle it. There are actually people in line for such babies.

If you are interested in adopting, i would encourage you to do the HSR first. That way when the baby arrival, you will not be worrying so much like I am now!!

i'm looking for like minded people who are going to start the adoption process. We have a failed IVF which consisted of a few Frozen embryos transfer and we are open to adoption. We intend to go for the pre-adoption workshop organised by Touch.

I think you should start by doing that. Before deciding on adoption. Are you looking for local or foreign adoption?

Thanks for replying Shasha. I'm open to both since local adoption might have a long waiting list. I have to go to the pre-adoption to know what's the difference. Did you wait long your local adoption? Later on, I will have to ask you for a contact of the local agency.

Actually, the first baby fall thru' as the mother changed her mind. I was very disappointed. Then months pass, ( about 8 months later ) I re'ved a call from the agent, she will be having a baby in 3 weeks , i can have the baby under the condition if it's a boy. As there were couple waiting for baby girl. I was not very particular about gender. My main concern if that there must be some kind of connection between me and the child. I become a mother within 24 hours after holding him. Now my big day is here. Hopefully , by next monday, my son's birth cert will have my name as his mother..... Tears rolling from my eyes as I waited for this moment a long, long long time..

Yes, all done. I have the birth cert. Everything look good. you actually cannot tell if he is adopted.. I am glad that it's all over.Now ,i can enjoy every moment of my child 's life as a family. To those who are going thru' the adoption process.. be strong yeah

AH,
May i know which agency u went to? I hv just submitted my HSR report and is waiting for the 1st interview. Wanted to look for it at the same time waiting for the approval.

Dear BlesswBB, did Shasha write to you? I emailed her on Sun 10th May but no reply from her todate. :-( Mayb she's busy as a new mum.

By the way, has anyone used the adoption agency Kid & Tot?

Hey, I'm going to a pre-adoption workshop tonight at touch Community and am very excited. I haven't used any agency yet. But do share your experiences. I will write shasha about the agency she uses too.

Hi BlesswBB, can I ask who you used to do your HSR and have you been asked for yr first interview already? I just handed in my HSR at TOUCH and am hoping for a smooth process!

HI iwantitvmuch, hope you had a good time at the pre-adoption workshop. My husband and I attended it too and found it useful ;)

Congrats yuli, you've completed your HSR. I am still struggling with mine. :-( I noticed that most people are submitting HSR through Touch. I am planning to submit mine to SBL. Yuli, can you tell me why you decide to go through Touch? Is Touch easier to pass? Is it to do with adoption of kids from China?

Hi wish2bmum, thx! I really struggled to complete mine. Locating all the forms/statements was a bit tedious ;) I selected TOUCH cos when we were planning to adopt, I surfed the net for information and TOUCH was the first name that appeared. They were conducting the pre-adoption workshop then so we signed up, found out more and then decided to do our HSR through them.

I haven't done any comparisons between TOUCH and other organisations so don't know if it's easier to pass or not.........anyway, I'm sure there's a particular protocol that all the organisations have to go through when assessing the HSRs so regardless which one we use, it should all be the same. All the best to you as you fill your forms up ;)

I am 21 weeks pregnant and I am looking to put my child for adoption. My story of why is long and I am very much confuse, can anyone advise me??? been posting here in several thread but just dont get any advise, just need somebody to share with or read somebody else thought.

There are many people interested to adopt a child in Singapore. I understand that there are at least two ways to do so, one is to contact MCYS directly to tell them you have a child to give up for adoption. The other is someone like me who is interested in a local adoption. :) Can u pls email me at [email protected] to discuss further?

Back