Child Adoption

Hi Wendy,

It's best to adopt foreign close door bb to avoid any bad experience & its sad especially after bonding with the bb.

All the best for your next bb.

Esther

hi wendy, sorry to hear about your predicament. hope that all things work out fine for you.

i believe whether the adoption is a private arrangement or via an agency, a HSR is still required by MCYS. i hope you didn't engage Amman for your previous adoption

Hi Wendy.. sorry to hera about your bad experience.. but for local bb adoption, we don't need to do the HSR. It applies for foreign adoption only. I hope the next one will be better..

@ Andrew.. i can send u any pm..

@ Regina, like my case, me and husb told the agency that we prefer newborn.. so this is what happened.. we told them our prefered race and gender. so they have a few mothers that matched the category and told us a bit of their background and all and narrow down the list (so-called) they even provide us with the medical reports (during the pregnancy) so we are 99% aware of the unborn child'd development before she was born.

@ Joyful. I agree with Esther.
my journey with the agency was fine initially but things happened and it gave me and husband a hard time but we hang in there for the sake of our lil' angel. We fell in love with her the momment we laid our eyes on her.. and we brought her back home after being discharge frm the hospital..
My take is that, perhaps you shud really commit to the one agency that u really think suits ur needs and u r comfortable with.

well, life moves on...

But i heard from Touch that if you are doing a closed adoption for local is still require HSR report. not sure if its the new ruling. Only open adoption no need HSR report...

Now waiting on my foreign baby.

Hi all,
Thanks for sharing so many useful info. Fyi i
Just adopted a malaysian baby gal. The dependent pass will be out next friday. Can i bring the baby back to malasia my mum's place once got the dp? I am a singapore PR and my hubby is a singaporean.

Our little girl is 4yo this year, she has a couple of good friends from church whom she grew up with and play regularly almost on a weekly basis.

We're afraid a time will come when she'll feel left out if she were to learn that all her current good friends are from their mommy's tummy, etc. instead of her...

We're seriously hoping to help her find some good friends and playmates of similar background... sorry no offense, preferably near NE area, and around the same age (perhaps 3-6yo) as our girl.

Hope parents here can relate how we feel. Thanks!

Hi Sunshine,
I've a 6.5 & 2 yo and yes, I think your little one will come to that point when she realises that she is 'minority', it will be but a phase which she will outgrow... how well she does that might depend very much on how you help her with it.

Coming from another mummy's tummy does make her different but also unique. Depending on your child's personality, she might even like the difference. This noted difference is another disclosure opportunity for you. Take this chance to talk about adoption and how happy it has made your family, for eg, and how life without her would be.

Being part of a support group is good though the reality is majority of friends around us are biological families and embracing it will help your girl sail through this.

When my girl was 5, she reacted in 2 ways: she cried when she asked me why her classmates' mom can have so many babies unlike me and on another occasion, she said she preferred not to tell others she has 2 mummies and daddies because 'how would they feel, mom, they only have 1 each!'. Like as if I was the insensitive one! Which was very funny.

All the best,
Andrea

Hi all, so sorry i have been a silent member for quite a while. Really encouraging to see so many sharing in this thread. Just wonder can anyone answer my question posted few days ago? Would there be any prob if i bring the gal in and out of Malaysia after i got the dp? Eventhough both myself and the baby are Malaysian. Many many thanks!!

Hi elainen,
You can bring your baby to Malaysia once you get the dependant pass. However, you should bring the legal papers of adoption along just in case you are questioned by the Malaysian authorities. I keep copies of bb's birth cert and lawyers letter stating that my husband and i are in the process of adopting the bb in my bag. You do not need to show them these documents unless they question you. If the custom officer asks, you can let him know that you are adopting this bb. Singapore side will be satisfied with the DP. Put the dp in bb's passport when entering or leaving Singapore custom.
I hope that answers your question.
happy.gif

We have brought bb to Malaysia a couple of times without problem.

Regards,
Projecta

Hello everyone, it is very inspiring to read about your adoption journey. I read through the past year's posts but could not find anything on adopting a baby when you are staying overseas. Can someone advise if we are eligible to adopt if we are singaporeans living overseas for work and we are not sure when we can move back to Singapore for good?

Hi Project A,
Thanks thanks for the sharing.Really worry will face problem. Really appreciate your help. Will bring the baby to visit my mum this weekend after getting the DP tomorrow. Excited!!

Pink, you need to apply for HSR report in order to adopt a foreign baby in Singapore. And you must apply in Singapore as the officer needs to interview you in person and a home visit too. They would advice that the baby to stay in Singapore until the Court Order is out. If you are saying that you worked overseas then i'm afraid that the visa cant be approve. Only Court Order is out then officially the child is your. And that's when you need to do a new birth cert for your child. HSR report processing time estimated 3 months unless special case like mine took about 5 months.

Hope this helps.

And i am still waiting for my baby boy... dunno when will i receive a call... Greenhouse told me ytd there was a baby boy in Malaysia born few days ago but the parent have not decided to put up for adoption yet.... I think i should be next ba.... Fingers Cross. Where else Lotus told me about next month as her queue is quite long...

Hi Wendy,

Are you looking only for Malaysian bb? I know of an agency dealing with Malaysian bb called Lovely Baby but they are pricey.

If you don't mind Vietnam bb, they have a shorter waiting list & i got mine bb from him called Singapore Adoption Agency.

Hope this helps.

Happy searching!

Esther

Hi Pink,
A Singaporean friend of mine work overseas with her husband. Her husband is also a Singaporean. They successfully adopted a baby from the country that they worked in. The baby has been awarded citizenship and has been issued a Singapore passport.

You can consider looking online or talking to the local authority for information.

Cheers,
Project A.

Thanks Wendy and Project A. We have already registered our interest with the local adoption unit, briefing coming up in a month's time after which I think the home study will commence. We are so excited about it. However, I read on forums that the waiting list is quite long, so it may take more than a year to be assigned a baby. Seems like it is much faster in Singapore as some of you said it only takes 3 mths. That's why I wanted to find out if it's possible to adopt in Singapore instead.

i know a couple in Malaysia would like to adopt a newborn baby ... thought it will be easier there, but they couldn't find any .. anyone know any contact there?

Feeling so nervous my little baby flying in on 2nd may. So excited and starting to have sleepless nights. Hmm not sure what else have not prepared.
Can i know how many days aft apply dp will officer come to our house ? Can we have the bb with us when the mcys come by?

Feel happy for you. I have the same feeling when my bb was here.
MCYS officer will visit your house less than 2 months after collecting your DP. Of course your bb need to be around when the officer is here & they will take a look around your house.

Hi to all you out there! I adopted in 2009 n was a lot more active in the thread back then. I just wanna share that it's been a wonderful experience and wanna encourage all of you that are thinking of adoption or already in the process! All the best!

i wonder anyone here is currently on Q for Malaysian babies? I wonder normally is how long of waiting period? As one of them actually told me by End Apr... No News till now....

Hi Wendy,
I did not have to wait too long before hearing from my agent. I believe I only had to wait for a week. Can you enable your PM?

We just had our home visit, it took about 3hrs of talking. The accessor who looks like a pinoy left.
She told us the company will let us know by 5 weeks if there is anything that is needed, disappointed. Alot of ppl in this forum said that normally they will tell us if it's approved on the day of home visit.

ADOPTIVE PARENTS , which agency you use ?
mine took 5 weeks too.. i think some agency they manage to get the report the next working day... hmm.. but i think generally they will approve lah.. i heard unless one of the adoptive parent have previous treatment of depression very severe type than more doc needed to support but other than that so far i think most in forum are able to obtain loh.. stay cool ;)

esther,
baby prince have been with me for coming two weeks so happy that my dp also coming out soon.. esther when is your court order targetted to be ? esther how's your little princess ?

Bell,

Nice to know! Coping well with your prince?
Life MUST be different now for both of you?

1st court order is done, now waiting for 2nd court order. Not sure when.

Life with my princess is totally different, enjoyable n looking forward to eagerly going home everyday. My princess is now going 5 months & is getting cheeky.

Sorry.. Amendment to my previous posting.. Had some problems with the iPad... Was wondering if anyone can recommend some agencies I can speak to? I have just finished my interviews and am thinking of going to the adoption agencies to find out more about waiting time etc.. But wud prefer a recommended agency as compared to just walking into one. Thanks.

Hello
happy.gif

Its been a looong time since i visited & scribbled soemthing here. My prince is really keeping me busy.
happy.gif

Life's really great after his entry. Just celebrated his 1st birthday & been amazed to see him grow very smart
happy.gif

When i read through all the posts that i had missed reading...it takes me down the memory lane where, i was also one of the ladies, waiting to become a mom for a baby..I understand the thrill & the tension & most importantly the stressful days every couple would go through. But its all worth the wait for the treasure box that u'll get at the end of the journey.

@babyjul28
I believe most of us here (atleast the senior members from whom I knew & including me) have adopted babies from Malaysia through Lotus Adoption agency:

http://www.lotusadoption.com/contact.html

Hey Mrs Ha, thank u for the info. Will pay them a visit soon. So nice to know that all d parents who have adopted r having a fabulous time w their little ones. Looking forward to a little one of my own soon too..

@ mrs_ha: Same here! Its been a while I visited this site.. well just celebrated my girl's 1st birthday too! Pheeww!! time flies very fast! so fast!

Gd luck to the rest!
Its definately worth the wait!

I tried Greenhouse and Lotus both did not get back to me till now... But luckily Thanks to Project A, after calling her agent within 2 days there was a baby boy from Malaysia, I went in on last Friday to see the baby boy and have confirm a baby boy, everything is within a week =) now waiting for him to arrive to Singapore.... should be 2-3weeks as Malaysia side is having school holiday, passport might be delay... ^.^ But just the fees is slightly on the higher side compare to others. Agent also quite nice guy.

Heard from agent that mostly adoptive parent in Singapore 70%-80% prefer girl so the queue for girl will be longer then boys...

Hey April, congrats, how exciting, you'll enjoy the bb even more when they learn how to walk and talk, etc. haha!

Sorry don't mean to scare you.. but with the situation you were in the last time, you still have to be 'extra' careful cos S'pore is such a small country, etc, if you know what I mean...

Take care!

i just received a call from greenhouse that there is a baby boy but i have confirm with another agency.So i need to pass on this, wish that someone here will received a call from greenhouse soon =)

Malaysian Chinese baby girl due in Singapore on 23 June. Anyone interested? Please contact
9858-0517 from Faithful Family Services.

Esther

jas u can pm me regards viet. By the way can somebody pm me the breakdown from greenhouse what it includes n does it include those visa n deposit to mcys? Saw two other couples at mcys who hv adopted n so nice to see their lovely babies also

Esther my bb got his dp two days bk now waiting for court order process ;) bb also getting funny. Imitating our laughter!
The bb girl fom faithful born in sg? So sg or malaysian? Don't knw if my aunty would be keen she adopted one in malaysia she told me before she keen to adopt one- two more

Esther : bb is coming 3 months. But like u say loh it's a joy. Should hv adopted earlier instead of wasting all my time,money n physic on ivf.

Splw18 , I hv adopted frm vietnam. now waiting for court order. U can pm me

Wendy : so which agency you took from can pm me. By the way when is your bb prince coming in? You went Malaysia to see bb already?

Back