BEDOK mommies club

happymum123

I realized I overpaid because another unit just one floor below transacted $17K lower than mine & a lower floor unit transacted $33K lower than mine. I didn't view those 2 units, didn't see the advert at all leh.

Other than the price, I am very happy with my house. Lots of privacy, almost private lift access with only 2 units per floor
biggrin.gif

Your working hour is wonderful! I hope to return to work when both my kids in morning session. This kind of timing will be ideal.
Are you teaching primary or secondary?

juz me
I enquired at Tien Hsia previously. They only teach 2 words each week, seems quite little. Now I am teaching dd1 personally. Her Chinese is quite weak, stressed....

sleepy resolutions, hi hi.. my #3 coming 1yo liao.. hehe.. Very cute and fun to play with now..
happy.gif
BTW, school holidays are coming again.. any plans to go anywhere or do anything? i can take a couple of days off, so maybe we can go out together..
happy.gif

Winniebear, i bought my Chai chee flat 2007 feb if my pea brain didn't fail me.. think was 2k above valuation only.. To me, very worth it loh.. Plus, i got in those sub-contractors and bought most of my items at home myself, i ended up spending bout 10k for my reno and furniture. And BTW, i think my 5 room valuation then was either 247k or 274k..

one agent told us valuation has gone up recently.

And one of the buyers told our agent our flat's valuation is too high ...

Hi SNG's mummy

u have 3 kids? how old are they? how u manage 3? With 2, i m already pulling my hair.
Are you FTWM or SAHM?

hello winniebear
welcome back, of course still rem u. me too mia for many mth too just post on and off.
so now u sort of cfm coming back bedok officially ah? keke u still rem where i stay, true my side not 5 year yet so guess no one will sell. recently saw lesser advertisement in bedok ard, guess wif the more new one coming out demand for older flat are lesser too.

i agreed weekend parent lose alot of the kids growing milestone. Now I bring both my girls back daily tot is very tiring but very big sense of achievement. PIL age oso catching up and all those ailment ache here and there, so not very nice to let them look after at night too..
u searching yurself are through agent?

keclqi
me too agreed to happymum point of view, (sorry to be so mean). I feel yur mil will not take care of yur baby wholeheartedly. I would suggest u send to infant care better less worry. whose know next time she happy happy tell u today i not free tom not free then how, u haev to find alternative care, might as well leave to infant care though in other ppl hand but at least u can be at ease while working. At least the teacher will feedback to u abt the bb lifestyle there, do u tink ur mil will feedback u?

ladies... long time din see caymon ard, anyone in conact wif her?

Winniebear.. i used to be a SAHM, but i have a helper.. so anytime i feel tired, i pass them over to the helper
happy.gif
Now, FTWM.. U want the contact of that agent who found me my flat? He's a nice chap..
happy.gif

Sleepy resolutions.. understand u have a contact of a piano teacher for 3yo.. does she teach violin? my #2 seems to be very interested..

BTW, are u on msn?

That teacher lives in Sembawang, I think too far for her to travel to Bedok. She teaches piano only

not on msn leh

I found her through an agent. Let me search for that agent's contact. I think he collects a commision from teacher, somewhat like tuition agency kind of arrangement

hippo2002,
My unit is one level above lift level, only after I have kids then I realised how inconvenient it is, eveytime has to lug stroller and baby up one level. Now, my block going to upgrade and have lifts on every level, so when finished, I will also have private lift access, haha. But hor, by then, my kids already big, probably no need sit stroller anymore…

I like my working hours too, location is also very near my place, and I like this job very much. But I’m not teaching in mainstream pri or secondary school. I’m teaching in a special school. Don’t think mainstream teachers can have this kind of working hours, my frens who teach mainstream all have to work almost full day cos of lots of other work besides teaching time. For my job, there’s admin and planning to do too, we even have to prepare our own resources, but I have been teaching for a few years, and have accumulated a lot of resources and many of the work can be done in our own time, so quite flexible. There are days I have to stay back after school, but not on daily basis. And I like teaching special children, so really like this job.

Sambucol
A fren gave her girl but dont' find it marvellous. But has other people who swear by it....

Dear all

just a quick update. We went for second viewing for a 4NG flat at bedok south last nite. Hmm we offered 25k cash above valuation and place the 1k deposit. We didn't get to meet owner yet and the agent said she will convince the owner to take up our offer.

Now we are keeping our fingers cross ...

And also a couple had came to view our flat for the second time yesterday. Hopefully they like our flat to give us an offer soon.

Now we are praying hard that we can conclude both the buy and sell deals around the same time so that we can do contra
happy.gif

Hope to become an official "Bedok Mommy Club" member soon
kao_cheers.gif

Winniebear,

Wow, 25K cash is quite alot, is that the norm for buying resale flat in Bedok? My bro-in-law will faint when he hears this, he's thinking of buying too.

anyway, good luck, hope you can get both deals done successfully.

hi winnie,

congrats!!! hope u can join us officially hahaha. last year me oso wait till neck long long. which part of bedok south u bot? my mum and sis all at bedok south.

happymum
so envy that u have a gd job and flexi hour. me in the mid of looking another job but to start all over again, i had many ting in mind!!!

married woman wif kids
any mummies feel the pressure from society?? i had went for several interview, 1st time they ask "oh u are married wif kids, can u work OT? wat if yur kids sick who look after? etc" all these made a job search more neg and the chances of getting is half of those wifut kids and family.
It so unfair, the govt wan us to give birth more to boost population but the socitey is giving us such neg point!!! fyi one of the place i went interview is a stat board they ask me such qns too!!!

Winniebear, i agree 25k cash is too much.. Is it just beside the MRT? Err.. maybe u want to visit that home at ur free time and speak to the owners directly?

Wendypooh, yes.. 90% employers as these question leh.. I interview married woman also ask the same question and if they have kids, i have to repeat that same question 3 times because of our working hours.. Although most of us have the luxury of working from home as well, we do need to remind all married woman with kids that this is not a recommended option as we also understand that with children running around, MILs assume that can work from home means very free etc, it's almost impossible to get work done. Our people here are on 24/7 standby, so married woman and people with children, usually resign after 1-2mths. BTW, both my parents work in stat board and, they also take work home to do till wee hours, so i guess the employers could be just telling u in advance loh..

Dear all

latest update ... the seller has rejected our offer of $25k, being too low
sad.gif

agent said she will nego w the seller again

hope that no one offers more than us so that he have no choice

Re: Married Woman With Kids
I thou only small companies have concern with these. Ya I had being to interviews where the interviewer asked whether I can work late or not.

A few years back, I went for one interview. The company finally only short list two .. myself and the other lady. I am married with one child then and the other lady not married. I remembered during the interview, I told them no problem, I can stay late till I complete my work to meet the deadline. I also told them I m a weekend mum. In the end, they employed the other lady instead even though my experience is more relevant. Reason being I cannot work late due to family commitment!! This was what my friend told me as she overhead from the interviewers. My friend was working there then. I was so shocked because they twisted my words.

Then about 1 1/2 years after the incident, they called me again saying there's vacancy and that my experience is relevant. I rejected them flat.

No way I am going to step into that company again.

winniebear, if beside mrt usually ask for 40k cash at least!..
sad.gif

As for married woman looking for jobs.. small and MNCs also similar.. So unless u have a boss who takes care of his/her kids, otherwise they also don't understand the problems we undergo. My boss got 2 kids but she's a bo chap mother.. so when u tell her ur kids got fever, need to see doc, she will give u that disgusted look.. And, in my current office, my boss and myself are married... The rest, all either single or divorced.. So they have all the time in the world to WORK!

sng' mummy / winniebear
me too my office only i am the one married wif kids thee rest are single. i am alway the 1st one to leave office. they cna go out in gang for dinner etc but i cant , this somehow strand the relationship.

I ever went for an interview in a telco company. That job required frequent travelling (around 40%) to & fro China. The interviewer seems quite concerned I have a 6 months old baby. Anyway, I was looking for another job because my job then involved crazy hours (yeah, colleagues mostly singles in their 30s so can devote lives & souls to OT). So no point jumping into another pot of boiling water lor

But the most ridiculous interview I had was before getting married. The interviewer actually asked personal questions like am I attached, going to get married? I said yes, & he said 'then you have no time to work because you will be distracted by your wedding plans'. I was super pissed off! He is so unprofessional yet assume everyone is unprofessional like him

hippo, err... that's the norm loh.. If u are married, they will ask do u plan to have children and who will take care.. And if u have 1, they will ask are u planning to have another.

Wendypooh, me too loh.. My boss who is married will go along and sometimes they classify me as anti-social loh. But well, i complete my job, so they cannot fire me..

Hi, mummies
Just came back from from biz trip in Beijing. First time I leave home and kids to go overseas. Good feeling to go shopping without kids pulling at my sleeves ; P

When I started looking for job last year, those companies which tell me must work late, I straightaway write those off. Rather go for lower pay but family oriented working environment.

Dear All

the seller had rejected us once again. And he's asking for 50K!!

Agent is asking us to look somewhere instead. She offers us another unit, 4I no toilet in masterbed room and no storeroom and on 4th level. Told her we don't want to view.

She has another unit at Wendy's area and is very expensive val 355k and asking for 50k cash as well
sad.gif

On Sunday papers, it already state the cash portion is going down dun understand why people still ask for so much

winniebear,

what about looking at 5rooms? I think 5room should all come with master bedroom toilet.. Also, cash for 5room should be lesser.. but of cos, govt bonus and rebates for 5room also much lesser..
sad.gif

sng mummies
ya we completed our task they cant do anyting to us. but somehow ppl name us as anti social so dun feel good lor.

winniebear
oh my side hse cna sell alry? ya the market like robbery anywhow sell one

winniebear

initially we wanted 3 & half room or 4 room only because can buy same block as my parents. But 3 & half room asking ridiculous cash as high as $23K above valuation (market not hot then). We gave up & bought 5 room instead, lower cov except for point block

wendypooh, don't care so much loh.. they also used to "suan" be bout going home at 6pm SHARP! so what? i don't work lesser than them in terms of hours loh.. I also have a fair share of working till 3-4am at home... if they want to compare, i will say i am a better worker. I go home at 6pm, don't claim cab fare. Spend my time with spouse and kids.. 11pm, all fresh to start work again! while they, after 6pm, smoke, eat dinner, go shopping, 10pm come back to office and "work" with brains half asleep.. 3-4am, claim cab fare.. See...

Sngmummy / Wendypooh
In my ex-company, I have some colleagues who go for long dinner from 6 to 8pm, then come back work till 9pm then call cab home. I think a great selling point that we "mature lady" have is that we work smart and we don't job hop every 1 year like the younger singles.

After I gave birth no. 2 and come back from maternity leave, my boss give me double work to do as he said I have "rested" enough during maternity leave. This type of boss I want to throw the paper into his face.

talking about work. Staff Appraisal period was starting before I give birth. Ended up doing Staff Appraisal Reports during my MATERNITY LEAVE for 5 Staff! I struggled to do coz only can do when baby sleeping and always interupted n hard to concentrade.

End up only used 3 of the report coz the other 2 staff were posted out. My boss said I ex-coach have to do end up I do for nothing! SOOO Angry.. Some more they all come my house to have coaching sessions with me! Fell sick becoz of too tiring. Some more my ex-boss came last min arrangement at 10PM!... coz so she can rush my SAR... when I still ard at work dunt wanna see me, see other staff...

HUMPH!!...

My previous workplace too many change in bosses and staff coz too frequent movement... Just changed to office setting where most of my collegues are married ladies with kids... my boss too.. So far so good hopefully.

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this thread and am staying at Bedok Reservoir area.

My gal's turning 4 this year and I'm intending to switch her to a nursery near my place. She's currently attending a church kindy at pasir ris near my ils' place but we find it a bit too far.

Any mummies here with good recommendation for nursery or kindy in/around Bedok?

<font color="ff0000">Wendy,</font>
I'm back! Paiseh, very busy at work these few mths. Dunno why I was suddenly loaded with a lot more work. Maybe I was on maternity last year and people feel that I should make up for it.
crazy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Winniebear,</font>
Yah, sellers still asking for high cash and the valuation has indeed went up. Too high I think so I am not actively searching liao. Prices all went up but pay still the same. How to afford?
sad.gif

Hippo,
You changed your nick again.
happy.gif

Actually, I think discrimination is so prevalent these days. If not married, interviewer ask when getting married. If married without kids, they ask when having kids. If got kids already, they ask how to cope, can work OT or not.

Dear All

my eldest gal 3.5 yr is getting difficult for us to manage. She will always shout when she's angry or even scold anyone who make her angry.

I beat her backside this morning for shouting at me twice. My hubby also smacked her backside yesterday for misbehaving in the public.

Sometimes I really dun know how to correct her temper. She can be stubborn and keep saying no all the way.

Sometimes I wonder is it because we only fetch her home during weekend that she become like that?
sad.gif

Back to house searching, that unit which we are interested, someone has offered 35k and the owner rejected. The crazy part is there's a unit at opposite block asking for 65k cash!!

We don't want to commit to 5 rm cos the val is around 450k-480k. Plus cash will hit 500k at least. We don't want to burden ourselves with so much bank loan hence settle for 4 rm instead

caymom
When I came back from maternity leave, one of my colleague resigned and they didn't replace the staff. We have 4 people in the team. so by right, should be all 3 remaining persons share the workload. In stead, my boss give all his work to me and said I should make up for my "long leave" by doing more now. That's one of the reasons why I resign 3 years ago and be SAHM. Same pay but more work and longer working hour and discrimination from boss and colleagues - they think that I'm collecting pay and do nothing while on leave. When I was preggie on final term, I even have to carry heavy files while all the guys just pretend they never see. Btw, it was a Japanese bank - famous for being MCP.

Winniebear, when my kids scream, i usually walk away. I come back when they have calm down and try talk sense to them. Sometimes it's tough, but u just have to keep being patient and try to explain to them..

BTW, some 5 room flat valuation may not be as high as 4 room also.. but i think u need to search around..

caymom

long time didn't chat. your girl still in Juzmusic? how's her music classes?

winniebear

when my kids screamed, I will refuse to talk to them till they calm down. They must say sorry to me for being rude. I will also ask them to repeat the definition for sorry. Sorry means don't do it again.
So far ok lah, they hardly scream, unless very agitated. They know screaming is something I tolerate

Whenever my kids did something undersirable, I will correct them right away &amp; explain to them why they shouldn't do that. I have to do it consistently till they finally understand what is acceptable action, what isn't. They have short memory lah, took a while to register what I said

your contact time is not probably not enough, don't have the opportunity to correct her on the spot &amp; let her understand. Kids will forget very quickly so must correct them before they forget. Can ask your caregiver to be stricter?

I saw an advert last week. a low floor 5 room flat near Red Swastika asking $15K above value. Valuation quite low $385K only. I thought quite resonably priced leh

welcome back caymon

sng,gin,caymon
yes agreed i also face the same problem afte rmy ML. In fact I am now working in the "wonderland" my boss take advantage of my jobscope. I am a all rounded in the office which ever dept ppl on leave i had to cover. Recently I trash up wif them and now many many ppl not happy wif me. now I am buying time and lookign for other job. my boss alway say he dun like politics but he din know that he is creating many himself.

winnie,
my elder girl behave like this too. when ever she do soemting wrong and got caught she will scream and yelling "no" and try to hit us.

Winnie / Caymom,
Yelling throwing tantrum seems more like a girl problem. Maybe gals more sensitive and emotional? I dun have this problem with my boy. The big headache I have with him is that he is super stubborn. Can scold till my throad sore and he still refused to do his homework. Whereas my girl scold a bit, she will kwai kwai finish her work (unwillingly lah). I recently tell my friend I think it's easier to raise a boy than a girl nowadays.

Hippo,
There are many courses in CC like dancing, Art holiday program. I will still sign up despite HFMD. I think depends on heng sway as even go shopping also may get HFMD. Just remind the kid wash their hands more often and don't put things into the mouth.

<font color="ff0000">Gin,</font>
Jap cos very neow one! My co was previously with a Jap co and he was not allowed to take leave during my confinement. His boss even told him when I can't settle family issues on my own. She said in Japan, the men dun bother about domestic stuff. Biang!

<font color="aa00aa">Hippo,</font>
My gal stopped music lessons liao. She wasn't very keen but the moment we stopped, she started singing, dancing etc. She just started ballet last week. She likes it better. We may be considering music again when she is older.

Hippo, me a lazy mummy.. havent started looking at holiday classes. With the current inflation, i might even consider putting it on hold for now..

Gin/Caymom, my dh also with Japanese company. Good thing is his immediate superior is a SGean.. So for leave wise, he's still ok. When dh was attached in Japan for 3mths last year, i visited him once and stayed over for a period of 3 weeks. His, then japanese superior, commented that i am such a dependent woman.. 3mths also cannot leave him alone, need to fly all the way to Japan with my kid to see (i think it also means check!) him. I guess family values are different bah.. Their mentality is like those olden days MCP man when they bring the dough home, everything else also they won't help out. This is so "outdated" and i don't even see my dad doing that. hehe.. i prefer the new age dads that helps out and get involves with the children..
happy.gif

I guess i am pretty fortunate in this sense as my dh is also brought up in a family where the mom does everything at home, and the dad reads papers when he returns after a work... I see that in his brothers and sisters family. And the most irritating part, they always tell my dh that this is not what a man is supposed to do. He is supposed to eat at the main table and left the feeding of the 3kids to me and the maid.. what crap! And not that his family is those rich type.. The dad is only a rubber tapper! lol... Sorry, i think i sound crude..

Hi Hippo
thanks for telling me about e unit Red Swastika.
But is low floor lei. We looking for a unit at least 7th floor and above

my boy has been coughing no stop for at least 2 weeks liao. Seems that the medicine is not working.
my heart ache each time he cough. any advise what can I do?

And also any good PDs to recommend at bedok?

winniebear

my younger girl also coughed for 3 weeks in a roll. she seems to take a longer &amp; longer time to recover from common cold after starting kindergarten. Before attending nursery, she hardly falls sick, highest record 9 months without seeing doctor. Now every alternate week she seems to be getting running nose lah, cough lah, very frustrating!
I served notice to withdraw her from kindergarten, will keep her at home after school holiday to improve her immune system before sending her back to K1.

now I gave them seven seas cod liver oil &amp; vitamins C 100mg everyday. Think still not enough lor. Ordering some vitamins from US. Yet to receive. Will let you know effective or not

your girl is in childcare? even more germs passing around since the kids sleeping together

I bring them to see GP only.

hippo, the vitamin C, the last i spoke to my PD, he recommends we feed the children for 1 mth and have a 2 weeks break.. this is to prevent them from getting too dependent on oral vits.

My boy who is attending childcare, is taking cod liver oil, vit c, Colostrum powder and Sambucol For Kids. i alternate between Sambucol and vitamin C.

BTW, u believe in TCM? I brought me kids for this tua na at kembagan.. Seems pretty helpful too.. the 2 younger ones now fall sick less often liao..
happy.gif

Winniebear, if u need a PD, i have one in Pasir Ris.. But seriously, i dont like seeing him as he charges me a BOMB.. Dr Lesley's charges is reasonable 20+ to 30, also depends on the medicine he gives. He gives my baby girl Prospan for cough. it's more of the herbal kind of cough medicine unlike those we get from the usual docs that they give those artificial cough syrup..

SNG's mummy

you gave one day VitC, one day Sambucol?
cod liver oil daily? which brand?

my elder girl also taking colostrum but not daily, doesn't seem too effective leh

Hippo: my girl is in nursery, 3 hr kind. She has almost recover from her flu but the virus was passed to the youngest one. Because my younger one is only 9 mth old, the GP that we frequent visit has reservations on the medication for him. Hence my sister is asking me to change to PD instead.

Currently my daughter is on block nose medication. The doctors at KKH said she might have sensitive nose. Till she see the doctor again 4 months later, she need to be on the medication alternate night
sad.gif

my poor children
sad.gif
... ever since the start of this year, they have always been on medication

winniebear

so young his immune system is even weaker, must be extra careful. Children under 2 years old should see PD. By the way, do you have an ioniser at home?

I have a sharp ionise machine in the kids' room. My elder girl used to attend childcare &amp; they slept together, so I switched on that machine whenever they are sleeping or playing in their room

dd2 also attending 3 hours kindergarten but keep catching bugs from her classmates. She didn't go childcare like her sister so not that immune to common cold

maybe you can consider keeping your girl at home. Nursery doesn't teach a lot, can still catch up in K1. Not worth falling sick lor

hippo, i give vit c.. 1 bottle finish.. i stop.. during that period i stop, i give 5ml of sambuccol for bout 20+days.. Cod liver oil i also use 7seas. Colustrum, i use the one my g'friend help me to buy from elkey.. i never tried the Lucky vitamin one..

Winniebear, all my 3 kids got sensitive nose.. Am using combination of western and TCM. Western, ventolin puffs. TCM, tua na. so far it works for the youngest as well..

SNG's mummy
thanks for reply
happy.gif

mommies
do you take vitamins yourself?
I kept falling sick too, catching all kind of irritating bugs from my kids.
I think I seriously need to build up my immune system, more so than my kids
biggrin.gif

hippo, me and dh takes vits also.. Cod liver oil, DHA (our brain failling us), vit c and calcium pills. i get them from DS spree.. i think 1-5th of the month got 50% off 2nd item..
happy.gif

Back