BEDOK mommies club

hippo,
i dont think yr girl has got attention decifict, dont think it is that serious. Probably like what other mummies mentioned, she might be bored with what she is doing. I believed all children get distracted easily, dont have to worry.

Iwg26

I'm thinking of restarting her on Kumon. We dropped out last year because she procastinated. I thought she was stressed. But can't find another replacement that allows her to progress at her pace. At least Kumon has tests & criteria to move to next level. Sort of a motivating factor for her

Dilemma lor. I have the same school of thoughts as your friend. Don't want to give her unnecessary stress. Hesitating since Kumon is quite stressful with daily homework, she may not have time as she will be starting P1 next year. Don't know whether should jump into that pot of boiling water again when we just got out last year

dd1 took piano for a year when she was 3+ years old but refused to practice. My intention was to let her have some exposure, no need to go for exam. Since she didn't enjoy playing, we stopped her class after 1 year

So tough to be mommy nowsaday. Pushed too hard, stressed them. Let them enjoy childhood, worried they cannot catch up in primary school. Don't think my mom worried so much last time leh

ssm
so young already feel bored. Boredom should be a luxury reserved for tai tai only
biggrin.gif
Kids so hard to please nowsaday

How's your house moving? Shifted into your new place?

hippo,
My son too! He tells me this very often, "Mummy, I'm so bored! Can you tell me what I should do?" Then when I suggested to practice his Eng/Maths assessment books, he dont want. *faint* Recently I bought this Monopoly Junior (30% off at Isetan Sale!) and also Sudoku sticker books. So far, I've not heard him complaining. *keeping fingers crossed*

Not ready to shift in yet cos only got the keys during CNY period and just started the reno this week. Think I will only shift in late May or early June.

Any idea what is the feeder bus no. that goes to Bedok South?

hippo,
On tuesday's TODAY, there was an article on parenting. In summary, the author says that parents always assume young children know how to make their choice. In reality, they do not have the capacity to decide on what they like or want. Hence, a good parent's role is to identify the strength and talent of the child and maximise her capacity. The author himself was forced to learn tennis when he was young and he hated it. But he appreciated this skillset that his father has "forced" upon him when he grew up. He was subsequently a very good tennis player till university days and it helped him to gain confidence.

S'times I get guilty on the various enrichments that my dd goes to. But I made sure she enjoy those courses otherwise I will stop them. Life is never a bed of roses so the child can learn to handle moderate amt of stress.

ssm,
My ds oso same. Write 1 line of Chinese then complain hand tired ; X But play gameboy he never complain. I sort of give up. I think boys are like that. My dd slightly more on. I oso have Monopoly Jn. S'pore has v limited board games so recently I bot Toysrus USA. More variety and cheaper. Now my kids like Dinosaur board game.

Btw, how do you find your renovation contractor? Need to make a new kitchen top at my kitchen.

Gin, I think pictionary and scrabble are very good learning games. I've been playing with them since young and still enjoy it today. I remember I always tried making up words last time. Now still enjoy making up words, I also have these games in my own DS lite now. Hehe...

sahm, I agreed with you that kids are so hard to please nowadays. Even now before my own baby is out, I'm already worrying. Sometimes I dunno is myself giving myself worries or it's the education system and culture that is worrying me. Really hope next time my child is at least normal.

I'm not expecting her to be the top scholar or anything. But at the average line, I'll be a happy mummy already. Haha...

gin,
haha, same here! So i always "threatened" him saying, if his hands are tired, then i doubt he has the energy to play his DS lite during weekend. Then he just gave me a cheeky smile and continue to finish his assessments quietly. What Dinosaur board game are u referring to?

So far, I have not seen the workmanship for carpentary work, so cant give any comment at the moment but hopefully it is good! But mine is not a contractor, she is an ID.

Hi ladies..
Just stumbled upon this thread, interested in joining in coz I've been staying in Chai Chee Rood and have a new home at Bedok North Road. Just completed reno still a bit here and there but not moving in so soon... coz my aunt is taking care of my daughter while I work. She's only 5 months old!

Seems that most of ur kids are all gown up... looking for childcare and primary schools...

So good that some of mommies are SAHM! Can play and teach your kids yourself! I'm working so.. I will try to teach my daugther flash cards whenever I can and mostly whenever she is bored! She quite likes it so far!

ssm,
I bot some board games from Toysrus overseas spree in S'pore motherhood. US has more variety of board games.

Kelcqi,
Scrabble is more for older kids right? I doubt my kids will like scrabble. I bot a junior version. They played once or twice then it's left on the shelf. At what age can they play Pictionary? I remember it is v fun. One of my fav game is Life and Risk but these are for older kids. Maybe 1-2 yrs time, I can introduce to my kids.

Styliciously,
Welcome to bedok mum thread. IS your new home somewhere near Bedok CC or Bedok Swimming pool?

Gin,

Got ToysRus oversea spree meh? guess I'll be interested to join that also...

Scrabble got 2 version. 1 adult and one junior one. How come they don't like to play? They dunno how to count points or wat?

Pictionary also have 2 versions. Adult and junior version. Think Junior version as young as 5 yrs old can play liao. Cos it's afterall a drawing game.

In fact, I played it with 4 yrs old before. I was there to assist lah of cos. Like teach them how to read or sometimes help them to draw. Last time my class of kids loved it. I played drawing games with them in class last time, I draw, they guess... We had alot of fun!

I thought of one more learning game that some childcare centers using. There is this game call Boggles or something like tt. They have an hourglass with 16 dice inside a box, and we are supposed to form as many words from that as possible. Think the whole box is blue in colour one.

Heh, I never played Life before. But I remember risk. That one will need to know how to strategise alot one rite? Me lousy at that game. Keke...

I always still believe Boardgames are still better than children. Even with the technology development nowadays.

Styliciously, Welcome to this thread! Btw, my bb haven come out yet. So your baby is not the youngest. Hehe...

Gin,
my home is between the stadium and the Tanamera condo. looking forward to spending weekends at my home! Are u staying anywhere nearby?

Kelcqi,
How long more have to got? counting down alredi? yeah, my baby just got a new cousin also.. so fast not the youngest in the family hehe..

styliciously

you bought the new flats at Blk 18X series?

convenient location

there is also a childcare at the multi-storey carpark

Iwg26

we received the scrabble junior as one of the birthday gifts. hehe, also gathering dust

my kids love monopoly (Disney princess version), can play for hours

thanks for sharing that article. I am still exploring what they like. hmm...am thinking of signing them up for hip hop dance. dd2 really loves dancing but I hesitated about ballet, must go for grading exam. I think she just want to dance for the fun of it

ssm

oops, not too sure about buses in Bedok South

you decided on a kindergarten for your kids? are they transferring this year after you moved house?

hello mummies
i back again, so long din log on, both girls and myself down wif cold for 2 week plus.

ssm
which part of bedok south u looking at? got 229 and 38 .

styliciously
welcome,which blk are u at? i at blk 181. we are neighbour haha i stay there for abt 5 mth alry. recently lot of reno gog on. weekend my kids had problem sleeping haha. my girls are 15mth and 3 yr

Kelcqi
Toysrus spree is under Overseas spree. Bot 2 board games so far. I prefer to buy board game than toys. Usually it can keep their interest longer and also need to use some "brains" to strategise. Besides, my kids are getting a bit old (4.5 and 6yo) for kiddie toys. My dd can read but not ds but dd can interpret for ds so I can sit there shake leg... hee hee.

hippo,
I've already registered for my dd's K1 in 2009, hopefully she likes the school. I will only start her next year, so meanwhile even after when we shift house, she will still attend the current school which is near my mil's place.

wendypooh,
hi! hope your dds and yrself are feeling better now. I am referring to the bus stop near Blk 163, not sure what bus is available there.

gin,
didnt know got such spree! i was browsing the toysrus website and the toys there are much cheaper.

Styliciously, Me now at wk 30. But my gynea told me to prepare to give birth early. Cos I had contractions at wk 27, although already on ventolin since week 24. My gynea worry that I might have preterm baby, sent me to TMC for steriod jabs last Mon. The jabs hurt big time. Ouch...

I realized this yr suddenly got alot of preggies. Everywhere I go see big tummies. I told hubby that I worried 6 yrs down the road I cannot find a school for my gal. Must do more volunteer work liao. KS mummy. Keke...

SAHM, Monopoly is all time favourite! I Love playing them even at this age. Your kids let them play monopoly can teach them to plan their finances at a young age. I think it's gd.

Gin, I agreed board games make us use brains also.
Hehe, your dd so guai, still can interpret for her bro. Now see your kids grow up, like relax already hor?

I go see the Oversea spree later. I don't mind buying now since US currency so low now. Hehe...

Mummies, ask you all hor, anyone of you staying with your MIL? I'm vomiting blood soon. Can't wait for my house key in Chai Chee...

Hi Kelcqi ,

Me staying with MIL . I understand at times also vomit blood as she interfer with the way we do things . But no choice I close one eye otherwise cannot stay with them for 7 years as they look after my gals and cook for us .

hi kelcqi,
Me staying with mil too. Initially i cannot get along with my mil, though we didnt openly point fingers at each other, but somehow, i didnt like the idea of having pple to tell me how i shd manage my life. I only learn to appreciate her when i had kids. She taught me alot when comes to taking care of children and she's also the one who taught me cooking too! Yes, our lifestyles are still very different but we learn to compromise. I think sometimes have to give and take lor.

hippo & wendypooh,

Yup, I'm st Blk 182 overlooking the playground. Its a nice new neighbourhood. Convinient location so hoping it will make me put off getting a car and save $$$... recent reno is coz pple still moving in but all units must have been taken up already. wendypooh, are you working or SAHM? So Far, seen a few babies n todllers enjoy time at the playground.

Kelcqi,
How come need to be on ventolin n steroid jabs? coz of contractions? Tot ventolin for pple like me with asthma! If able to go on till full term, still got 2 months.. quite a long wait. Otherwise, preterm babies need more care and money. My cousin had emergecy c-section at 32 weeks. Her baby come out small and stay at hospital almost 1 and half months.. Are u still working? Better take as must rest as you can. Don't stress yourself and baby!

In-laws

at least your MIL still willing to offer help. Mine favouritism. She sold her house to move near to us & BIL but only help BIL to babysit his kids. BIL & his wife really cling on tight to MIL, she's like a maid, cook for them, babysit for them, do everything. They finally hire a maid to help out after their 2nd child arrived

Worst, my SIL (BIL's wife) is jealous, thinking so luxurious that I can stay home to look after kids. But it's because I have no support at all (they cling tight to MIL), how to return to work? SIL ignored us whenever we visit MIL. Cannot understand her mentality, as if she is the one suffering an injustice. huh?

Yet, when MIL went for operation, they refused to share the cost. They had money to go for expensive long haul holiday but refused to share MIL's operation cost. We foot the bill lor.

We get zero support all these years. Even when I was down with a cold, hubby need take leave to take care of our kids. Aiyo, MIL live so near to us also no used leh. I thought we were in an island by ourselves without any help. So bo bian, sold my house to move near near to my parents. Now so blissed. My mom is the BEST
happy.gif

sorry, just need to vent...

my 2 uncles also like that. Cling on to my grandma when she was 'useful'. Then when she's old & weak, she ran out of usefulness to them, they dump her to my eldest uncle. Hardly visit her, didn't contribute allowance to her. So heartless. They claim that my eldest uncle has a share too in taking care of grandma but never occur to them to share with my eldest uncle last time when my grandma was still useful to these 2 uncles

I told hubby I am placing my bet. When MIL runs out of usefulness to BIL & his wife, they will do the same thing, remember to 'share' then & dump her with us lor.

Sigh...so scary to think of old age & unfillial children like that. Make me determined to bring up my children well.

Want to ask you mummies, anyone here using Pureen Dry5 L diapers, Drypo L diapers, Prokids L diapers & Kiddysoft L diapers?

Want to buy 2 pcs each to try. Anyone willing to sell me those loose pcs?

Please PM me?

Hi ssm
for blk 163 u cna take 229 from bedok interchange, my parent stay at blk 156 keke...

kelcqi
dun get so stress, early labour no joke, better rest now ok. dun walk so much.

stylicious
i am a working mum, yur is 4rm or 5rm. u select the flat last June right?

Sahm (hippo)
i can understand yur MIL headache cos i facing it now, i am slight luckily at least they can help me look after my kids. but i cant stand them just have to close 1 eye. they feed my girls all sort of foods now hoping to send the 2nd girl to cc.

well since they can help me look after the kids, i alway feel "qian" owe them so alway shower them wif food and $$ end up my BILs take advantage of us. my hubby being the elder and his gap wif 2 bro was 8-9 yr so the 2 of them are born in the 80s. cant stand there attitude alway take $$ from home din contribute after they start work. the 2nd BIL earn more then me but he contribute none. PIl birthday, mother's day etc all come under our bill. we stiil have to feed our 2 girls, i wonder how long we can tahan. they din offer to pay when we go for meal pretend pretend, they can even make coment like 'oh da ge pay $$ can oder the most expensive fd' i nearly walk over to give them a tigh slap. but have to ren lah or else pil not happy. i ask hubby to tell pil dun bother abt them but they simply cant let go although they know both are useless, sigh wat to do. worst is whenever we wan to bring the folk out to eat mil will go chio the bils sick lor and we still have to ferry them the whole car all load till so pack till my 2 girls had to sit on lap, our car is alway overload wif those BIG ppl till hubby had to send for serivce regualy. now sometime i tell myself have to be more "heart heated" dun care abt them go eat ourself.

sorry i oso wan to vent out my anger on pil i feel my BIL are so sick, they are a bunch of useless bum

Hi ladies

think it will be hard for us to get along with MIL esp if MIL has sons only, no daughter. Staying with MIL will confirm have friction unless MIL very very nice person and understanding. Now I on 6 day shift work so my off day too tiring to go PIL house so far in Sengkang. so once never go until 1 mth. At first we try every week meet, then think got a few times we went to shopping mall supposedly to meet them there but nv meet at all coz PIL with BIL family already move to somewhere nearby. We walk ard 1 hr shopping to wait to meet them but they nv come at all! Bring out my baby still young until her shit is green (to us means she was frightened/shocked by environment)

Think our own mum is the best. Will always care for their own daughter n help out. For me, lucky my hubby move in with me and my sister move out to her own home. Depend on my mum and aunt to care for my 5mth daughter and also cook for us coz my mum still working. Think either SAHM or FTWM both also tiring. I cannot imagine staying with my own family fetching kids to childcare or babysitter and having to cook dinner daily!! I think sooner or later will outsource cooking or doing house chores to part-time housekeeper.

Wendypooh,
yup selected in June got key in sept exactly on our 1st wedding anniversary... so sweet. Reno delayed coz I gave birth n confinement then delayed again coz Xmas/New Year/CNY season so all orders delayed. So frustrating... even now delaying to call grill contracting to come fix coz nobody to supervise. me n hubby busy n tired with work

Hi mummies

Wow, seems like most of us have issues with MILs. For me, haiz, long story. Earlier on, my PILs drove me into depression. Now still seeing counsellor at KKH.

My PILs depended heavily on hubby for survival. Actually FIL driving part time cab, dunno why still not enough considering huby paying for the house, the electricity bills, any household bills even furnitures, and every mth still give them 500 to spend. Everytime they still need to use hubby's credit card and dump the bill to him. Imagine our Ang Pow money from wedding all went to pay off FIL's credit card bills. U can imagine how much he chalked up. We spent 1 yr clearing up our damages for the wedding.

Now pregnant, PILs told me, after this one, stop having anymore babies liao. I think they worried if I have more kids, hubby have to support his own kids, cannot support them. MIL told hubby he spent too much money buying bird nest for me, and said I eat bird nest no use, cos benefit me not the baby. COs she pregnant, she also never take bird nest so she said I dun need to take. Others pregnant, their MIL make tonics for them. Mine instead of not making any for me, can even get jealous and don't want me to take while she herself drinks chicken essence, those tonic wine etc... I dunno what wrong I had done in my life to deserve that?

I wanna vomit blood becos she herself is a housewife, but the house is dirty and she rarely cook. We still have to tabao for her. Most times, even we tabao, she always have complaints abt the food, even we queued up for half an hr for famous stores. Everynite, either is mahjong or watch tv till sleeping time. Lose money in mahjong, just stretch hands and ask for more money from hubby. Every small mistakes I made, she'll highlight to hubby to bring conflicts between us, den pretend to be peacemaker and tell hubby to give in to me. Haiz... Next time my gal she wanna take care, I'm so worried my gal picked up all the wrong things from her.

Alot more things abt my family until I really cannot tahan already. But I dare not tell hubby my unhappiness cos I know I'll put him in a difficult position. His parents already giving him so much financial stress, I don't wish to burden him more with what kinda nonsense I'm getting from his parents. Sometimes dunno who I can talk to...

I agreed our parents are the best. I dunno why. Our MILs will take care of our hubbies as if they are their own sons, but why our MILs treat us like outcast even though we tried so hard to please them... Sigh, some days I really dread coming home, thats why can't wait for my keys in Chai Chee so that I'll be happier without them ard.

Sometimes really wish I have a more thoughtful PILs. But hubby didn't say anything but just support their spending cos he feels that they brought him up, he oath to repay them.

Styliciously, wendypooh,

I really hope the steriod jabs can buy my baby more time inside me. I already feel that this pregnancy is giving me enough problems apart from the ones I'm facing with my PILs, I don't wish to chalk up any more financial problems for hubby. Esp our house is coming, still need to plan for Reno.

I always tell myself. Hubby's parents nv think for him nevermind, at least I wanna think for him. He's already very nice enough to allow me to rest 6 mths at hm after birth, really don't wish to put hubby into anymore stress.

And becos of that, I'll take even more care of myself. When the going gets tough, its when they tough gets going. I can do it one!
happy.gif

So sorry mummies to bored u ladies with my PILs issue. Really dunno where to vent out my frustrations. Can't vent it on hubby cos I don't want him to be sandwiched in between. So sorry to be ranting here...

hi kelcqi,
looks like u are going thru a tough time with yr in-laws. But don't let this affect you for too long cos it will also affect your baby. You wont want to have an unhappy baby right? The best thing you should do now is to get plenty of rest and don't stress both yourself and baby. As for your in-law problem, i think it is very sweet of you not to bother yr hubby but if you need an outlet to vent your unhappiness and frustrations, I'm sure we, the Bedok mummies will be happy to lend you our listening ears. Cheer up!

styliciously
i got my key in oct only due to some paperwork issue. my anniversary also in sept keke...
where yur parent stay?

kelcqi / styliciouly
yes our parent is the best, my mum make so much tonic for me during and after my delivery. mil din make for me at all she too claim last time she dun eat all these too. yes sometime she claim to boil chk soup for me but is a bowl share by everyone in the dinning table. so it for me meh?

now we shifted nearer to PIL and my parent, due to caregiving we spent our time mostly wif pil. yes they rely alot on us metally and financialy. heng that it we feel gulity tat they took care our girls tat we shower that wif food and gift, so far they din ask for it themself. my fil is a relief cab driver too mil not workign taking care of 1 of my girl. sometime i feel she is alright lah just tat she like to "suay" me wont direct say me.

kelcqi, dun get too stress during pregncny or else next time baby will be very difficult to handle. i myself goes thru both stressful time in both my pregancy. 1st time during 6 mth, doc keep claiming bb small do lot of check, then evry night have to send my sis to hosiptal due to dengue fever (her hubby outsatiton) a very stress week and help wif all the chores and look after her kids, cos my mum not very healthy.
2nd one same time again, my mum down wif mild stroke in and out of hospital a very stress period cos she just collaspe anytime. funny ting is all these stress cause my bb refused to coem out both time have to induce.

end up now both my girl are so difficult to handle, cry at slight ting, fuss, hard to settle down sleep etc. dun mean to scare u, but pls relax a bit or else takign care of them at later stage is really tough.

just come in to share wif us if yu have any problem to relive yur stress, believe most those stay wif pil sure have have big and small problem

kelcqi

for the sake of your baby, do take good care of yourself and ignore your PIL. your baby is your top top priority now. dun ku le yourself and your baby. stay cheerful so that your bb will be cheerful as well.

my PIL is also helping me to look after my 2 kids. am grateful for their help and at the same time also have to close 1 eye. struggled alot with them from breastmilk, sarong, way to cook baby food to food options...
just last weekend, i have to supress myself so badly and swallow my words when i objected to my MIL pinching some kueh for my baby (11month) to eat. want to stand by my principles and at the same time fear of souring the relationship...
there is so much of contradiction till i feel so stress and depress.

struggled with MIL abt my 6yo gal development (had a big fight over feeding issue), complain abt childcare...there was a time she intervened into our family life so much i feel suffocated. thus i reduce the interaction and things gotta better. I told my hubby, we are not defying her, i just want to built and create the kind of lives we want, how we want to bring up our children, agree and make decision ourselves (taking their advice into considerations).

hi mummies
sorry to branch into this topic suddenly cos i am really at a loss to the situation, going crazy. dun know wat to do! even this can make me so bu an where i shld feel most at ease, peace, comfort, relax in my very own house.
anyone staying in Bedok North Ave - pt block?
do u experience gecko in the house often?
i kept my place clean, empty bin every nite, seldom cook as both of us are working.
i just don't understand why these baby gecko keeps coming to my house and i get startled every time and get very fearful everytime i get home or when i try to retrieve smth from the table.
i have sprayed the gecko pesticide as well as insecticide to keep them at bay but seem useless.
anyone can tell me what to do?
i know its normal to see them but every other day...smth not quite right, right?

spagoh
yes i agreed have to close 1 eye if to let them tae care. they feed my girls all kind of junk since 6 mth. sometime they can keep saying then I had to "agreed" to let my girls eat. I dun dare to tell or say so alway let them feed "right in front of my eye" i feel so bad as a mummy but dun dare to stop. they feed junk fron cracker, ice-cream, cake sweet, PEANUT etc toi my girl after 6 mth and can still yaya tell me see elder girl dun feed oso sick often so no logic say cannto eat mah so they start feeding my younger girl.

Kelcqi

Must try your best not to let your PILs affect you. I know it's easier said than done.

I was scolded by MIL when she first learnt about my 2nd pregancy. She was very angry that I got pregnant & her immediate comment was 'oh shit'. Throughout my pregnancy, she passed scarcastic remarks & criticize my dressing whenever we visit her. I always came home feeling upset & angry. Even hubby felt that his mom was too much & apprepciates how much I 'ren' for his sake.

The only reason that I continue to greet her, respect her is because she is hubby's mom. My upbringing doesn't allow me to be rude or raise my voice at her so everything swallow lor

Fortunately my baby is cheerful & chubby with a sweet temper despites me suffering all these mood swings because of MIL. Heng ah

mommies
I changed my nick again. hippo2002

wendypooh, spagoh

my MIL did that too, feed my eldest girl forbidden food when she babysit her many years ago when I was still working. Actually, my mom does that too.

I can tell my mom (she listens to me) but very hard to tell MIL because she will continue to do so since we can't be there to monitor during the day when at work

my eldest girl slept in a sarong too. Told MIL from day 1 no sarong but again, she secretly let her sleep in sarong during the day & move her to a cot whenever we came to visit my girl. Caused so much sleeping problem when we brought her home on weekends to sleep in cot. She cried & wake up every hour! We nearly go crazy with deprived sleep. MIL dare to proudly declared my girl missed her

styliciously

Agreed. My mom is the best. I really appreciates my mom after having my own kids. She genuinely cares for me, not measured in dollar & cents

By the way, <font color="0000ff">how much do you pay your MIL to babysit?</font>

MIL said market rate (that time was 6 years ago) $700 for baby who stayed overnight + $100 for marketing. Milk powder, diapers &amp; everything we also supplied. Plus $200 for FIL. She thought we were earning big bucks since both of us are graduates but didn't take into account we emptied our savings to pursue our education &amp; setting up a new home &amp; renovation &amp; wedding. Very shiong lor, cannot even afford to buy a car then

She really hated me when I quit my job to stay home with my eldest girl. Lost of income to her since she stopped babysitting for us. She even told hubby she going to wash dishes. But we continued to give her allowance wah, just not as much as $1K since we really cannot afford her market rate

But she special offer to BIL. Only take a token sum. That's why I said favouritism lor

Then again, blessing in disguise. My kids development are so much better than my nieces under her care. They watched TV whole day!

hippo, ya lor, i also said no sarong from Day 1 but she secretly put him in sarong when i am out of sight then one time i saw it, from then onwards open alr. i quarrel with my hubby many times over it and he sandwiched lor. MIL insisted that under her care, baby sleeps better in sarong and said bb more secured sleeping in sarong and sleep longer and head round round lor! Argued with me that her daughter's daughter (my niece) does that also..blah blah..and FIL joined force to 'attack' me.
we at work like u said, so bo bian. its bothers me alot when i see it with my own eyes.
luckily we bring him home every nite and i insisted no sarong in my own home...so boy was able to sleep on mattress. phew..cross finger!

my hubby gave him mum allowance...not really for babysitting. cos she cooks for my children. she is quite generous in cooking good fish for them and so far she follows my opinion not to add seasoning to the fish or porridge. hopefully she really didn't.

but 6 years ago, my gal was looked after by a bbsitter. it was $700 including nite and marketing. we supply the milk powder and diapers.

wendy
after reading my reaction was *faintz*
oh dear...how can feed a 6mth old bb all these?
did u take over looking after your kids from then onwards?

Hippo, My hubby said give my MIL 500 for babysitting, stay overnite. Haha. I told hubby firmly that we'll not hire any maid. Cos if she wants a maid, I'll stay home to babysit.

Cos every mth hubby gotta pay for his parent's house, pay the electricity bills, still give them 500 to spend. Every time they still say not enough. Imagine my MIL, she have my FIL give her money, my hubby give her money. No need to do marketing cos she rarely cook, we have to tabao for her dinner. Everytime still not enough.

That's why hubby in some way wanna put baby under their care so we save on babysitting.

My PILs tried to psycho my hubby to ask me to abort the child when they found out I was pregnant. Keep saying "Are you sure you guys are ready for a baby?"

And they told me to stop after this. Such self-centered parents...

My MIL everytime told me I must have a big size baby cos hubby weighs 7 over pounds at birth. But she did nothing loh. Never offer me any tonic and even stop my hubby from buying birdnest for me claiming that I eat those, is I who benefit, not baby.

PLus hubby and I not those big size one, my MIL only knows how to use her mouth, and no action one. That's why alot of times, her words are like bullsh*t to me.

So glad I found you mummies. Cannot talk to hubby about his parent's issue, sometimes I feel so trapped.
sad.gif
Earlier on, so many issue, with morning sickness, my MIL still say my MS nothing one lah. Imagine I can even wake up at 4am to vomit, and she can say that. And with alot of problems, thats why I fall into depression.

Hippo, Wendypooh,

Actually I feel that it's ok to give kids some junk food at times, but of cos not at the age of 6 mths lah. I have my reason for saying that.

My hubby's friend, who nv took any junk food one, sometimes eat Mcdonald fries, or potato chips, next day sore throat liao. But my parents last time buy me junk food to eat, cos they feel that the more you restrict junk food from a child, the more the child might indulge themselves in junk next time when they have their own money. An example is my BIL.

So now when grow up, Me or my friends who eat junks during childhood, can down 1 pack of Lays and no pro with that, except we feel guilty for the calories. Hehe. But on the countary, just a few chips, my hubby's friend fall sick liao. Sometimes I think his life sucks. Cos cannot even eat chocolates. So just sharing my 2 cents on junk food issue...

spagoh

The issue that irked me was she 'demanded' market rate. That's her first grandchild, not some other kids she babysit for income purpose.

Super calculative towards us lor. Yet rent her spare room to her relative cheap cheap at $150 (market rate $350) Then come running to us, claim not enough money for household expenses but we were in fact subsidizing her relative.

During confinement, we borrowed some of her martel for brewing tonic because we ran out of martel (she dried up the many bottles of martel I stock up because she don't know how to brew tonic) Stupid me to allow her to do my confinement!

We were too busy with a new baby to run out to buy some more martel. Since she has spare ones so we asked her to use hers first then return her after confinement over. Before my confinement was over, she CRIED &amp; complaint to my mom that her martel was supposed to reserve for my BIL's wedding. But his wedding is one year away, need to be so drama, as if we wish to con her martel. Gosh!

Hubby &amp; I quarrelled everyday during my 2 months confinement. After his mom moved back home, I find him very lovable again. Other than that 2 months, hubby &amp; I hardly had any disagreement. I told hubby we will surely end up in divorce if his mom live with us. That's not even a threat, it's a fact!

Kelcqi

Junk food is not good for brain development, especially sweet stuff like chocolate &amp; soft drinks will make the child hyper. Moderation is fine (once in a blue moon) but a definite no no to become part of normal diet.

I only allow my kids soft drink when they attend wedding dinner. Once, my dd2 mistook 7-up as plain water &amp; she split out the 7-up immediately after 1 slip
lol.gif

Hippo, Your gal so guai so cute!

No lah, of cos not let them take as normal meals. I was only allowed Mcdonald once every wk to every mth.

My Parents are those who always think that children should not be too restricted, else when they start having the freedom to do things, they tend to overdo it. Which is why my mum n dad do buy us chocolates or chips once awhile.

I think their beliefs kinda work. Cos even grow up, we don't spend alot on junk food etc, whereby i see some of my friends whose parents restricted them, they ended up buying alot of junks and eating fast food so frequently. I personally it's like a psychological thing like the forbiddden stuff is usually the best and most exciting to start with.

I'll be ok if my kids are given junk once in a while, but if my PILs make junks their every day diet, I'll prolly poison them first. Haha...

Kelcqi

Must brace yourself for MORE conflicts with PILs after baby arrives. Usually conflicts arise because of different parenting styles &amp; values you wish to impart to your kids

my girlfriend live with her in-laws for 8 years until she nearly divorced her hubby. I do not know the specific details but she is a demure person so must have been driven to the wall liao. Her in-laws finally agreed to look for another flat after she offered them money to buy another flat

in-laws are a sure spark for conflicts lor. Unless very heng, MIL very understanding, easy going &amp; treat you like a real daughter. Sigh...chances as good as striking toto

I did some self-reflection too. Maybe it not MIL but me the problem? why am I not in MIL's good book? Am I too straightforward or didn't phrase my words sweetly such that it is not pleasing to her ears?

But hubby said I don't have to do any self-reflection, that I am not going to have another MIL so there is no need to learn anything from this experience. He doesn't think I did anything wrong. So touched to hear this from him.

Anyway, now want to visit MIL also cannot. BIL &amp; SIL phycho her to rent out her flat to collect rental. So they are now living together. SIL doesn't welcome us, gave silent treatment &amp; ignored us. Probably my kids quite noisy &amp; she felt we are invading her privacy. So how to be so thick skinned to go their house? I ask hubby to visit his mom alone lor

spagoh

Have you found an enrichment class for your child?

East point in Simei has plenty of enrichment centers. Tien Hsia, Kumon, I can Read, Christofori are all located there.

Mummies,
After hearing so many mil stories, I wonder what kind of mil will I be next time?

As for the junk food issue, I dont really restrict my kids on that cos both me and my hub and even my mil love junk food! :p But we will only give them once in while and in moderate portion and make them drink plenty of water. When we adults want to eat junk food, we have to hide in the kitchen to eat it or when they are in bed...keke.

hippo,spagoh,kelcqi

i have no choice but to close 1 eye cos they takign care. even i "fight" oso no use, infront of me dun eat, i not ard they feed oso like tat. i can accept a but of junk but i feel wat they feed is too much. I cant get hubby to say cos he is a mummy boy and i would say "dumb" if ask him to say mil sure know is i ask him say one sure i sure kanna one.

so far din "open" declare ware yet lah, just tat my sis tell me alway must ren go back own hse then trash out, sometime i pity my hubby but no choice since i so "boil".

during my 1st confinment, happen to be during tsumi she told me cant eat fish cos water pollution, end up i dun have BM at all. Instead she buy liver for me say replenish blood end up later I heard liver retrict BM i was so upset when i knew it. she din brew any ting for me just normal cooking jsut wat ever end a bit ginger consider confinment food alry. ok lah thank to her "help" i lose all my pregnancy wt and further lose more then my pre-pregancy wt. maybe i should be grateful to her haha...

ssm
i dun have a chance to "torture" my dil leh cos i dun ahve a son hahaha.... maybe my son in law will kanna keke...

Hippo, I also did some self-reflections. But my hubby nv said that.
sad.gif
He can even tell me in the past, those DILs suffered more than I did. Wah, I heard liao I told him off. I said" Want me to send your parents to enrichment class to learn how to torture your DIL? Or perhaps they already attended it liao!"

Hubby also bo bian. Cos he sandwiched in between. So after so many rounds of quarrels and we almost ended up in divorce becos of PILs, I decided to diam diam. Only when I go counselling, I blunt out my unhappiness to the counsellor in front of my hubby. So many times my MIL gets scolded by the counsellor, I hear liao so shoik! And poor hubby had to diam diam cos even 3rd party agreed my PILs are way too much...

SSM, I tell myself. No matter what, Next Time I wanna be a GOOD MIL! I think I should sign a pact. I always think, no matter what, the other party is also a human with feelings, we must always think for others. Brought up by my dad thinking this way.

My parents treated hubby like their own one leh. WHatever I get, he gets from them also. They cook tonic for me, hubby also gets to drink.

SOmetimes I feel like provoking my MIL tell her wat kinda of tonic and good food he's eating at my place. Wonder what will her reactions be? Keke...

Cos my MIL rarely cook. Always tell us to tabao for her dinner. And later complain the food not nice. Used to it liao. EVen hubby sometimes also very pek chek of her never contented attitude.

I only worry next time what if she really take care, what food will she give my gal. I dun want my gal to eat so much outside food esp she's so young. Imagine all the MSG, flavorings and the amount of oil used outside. Think liao I starting to feel heartpain le

I thought usually if taken care by own relative, always cheaper?

I agreed with styliciously, if have to pay market rate, might as well go Infantcare. I told hubby. If MIL after we pay her 500, still ask for maid. I'll rather not work and take care myself.

Hi Mummies,
Need your feedback. I am looking for hob and hood and yesterday when i went to the 1st shop, I was told by the sales staff that brands like Rinnai, EF, their latest products were made from Asian (i.e. China, Taiwan, Msia) instead of Japan and France. And she kept pushing this brand "Brandt" to me, claimed that the products were made from France and is a sister brand of "De Dietrich" which is a very high end brand wor. Then went to another shop and this sales staff recommended this brand "Hobz" which he claimed that it is from Italy. But to be honest, I have not heard of this brand before although he claimed that his customers were very happy with it. He also mentioned "Teka" is good and made from Germany but expensive. Any mummies here has got any experience to share or any brands to recommend? Tks!

hi ssm...

my mum's house uses Uno - cheapest brand around. so far no prob since 2005 i think. I also bought Uno -hob,hood n oven but havnt use yet. Its ard $1100 for all 3.

all the brand u mentioned shd be considered to be quite branded.. Teka common among contrators.

Back