BEDOK mommies club

hippo,
does yr dd1 really enjoy art lesson? Or maybe being dreamy is just her nature?

Gin,
I dare not go shopping cos like what u said, very crowded. But last Fri lunchtime, went down to Robinsons, managed to grab 3 pairs of shoes! Did u manage to grab anything? I also want to start to look for CNY clothings liao.....

<font color="ff0000">Best Wishes for the new year!</font>

Thanks mommies for your concern. Now I take more care of myself so that I can enjoy my new year celebrations.
happy.gif

After I recovered, I lost some weight (because no appetite when I had fever) and looked so haggard. Feel the need to do something to my face.
lame.gif

ssm,
At Taka, we bot a dress for dd1 for CNY as it was 20% off. BTW, I was also at Robinson Fri lunchtime leh. Bot a pair of shoes there, some vitamins for kids and myself. Maybe we saw each other without knowing ; } he he...

caymom,
How abt facial and some massage to relax yourself? I need to go for a facial soon... and a nice haircut + color.

Woo , CNY is just about 5 weeks away . Today school reopens and a lot of people must be busy .

Me too also lazy , go straight to bed without toner , moisturizer , softener etc .. I using Shisheido products .

dear mummies, sorie for my mia...have been reading the postings.

i begining my cny clothes search soon..so excited. like to dress up my children and look nice nice. hee...:D

i used to use Dermalogica products but have been slowly changing to this brand called omhealth.
the founder got give talk to share tips on health and beauty on radio fm97.2 and also gotta interviews published in wan bao and i-weekly. but but the prices of his products are not as expensive as thot wor...
i dun know if i can post his blog here onot!
mummies, pls advise.
his blog got many health and beauty tips which we can learn.

no no promoting for him...me no related at all.

just want to share some goodies so that all of us can still look young and pretty and when walked beside our children, still look as a young mummy without having to spend a big hole in our pocket. :D

gin,
haha, ya maybe we bumped into each other w/o knowing. i think i was overwhelmed in the shoe section, too busy looking for my shoes cos i needed black working shoes badly but still didnt buy any in the end but other designs instead. just now i went to vivo cos i was on a.m. leave, bought a few clothings for cny. at least buy now and wont kancheong later...keke....actually didnt realised cny is just 5wks away...kept thinking its 2mths away! any mummies going chinatown to get cny goodies?

oh mummies, how's 1st day of school for yr kiddies? today is 1st day for my dd who's in nursery, she's very excited and kancheong and my ds went round to intro his little meimei to his classmates and teacher.

ssm,
I was also looking for a pair of black court shoe. Bot a pair at Itti &amp; otto in Robinson. I took leave today to bring my kids to new kindergarten. Is your ds in church kindy?

I think chinatown sure v crowded. Maybe go one of the weekends to feel the atmosphere. Usu we buy CNY goodies at the market near OG Albert complex. They've the cheapest CNY stuff in town.

spagoh,
why dun you give us the link to the blog?

dear mummies
here's the link...
http://www.bryanomhealth.blogspot.com/
the info is for reference only...
he got come to my office give talk 2 years ago but i mc so miss it and known abt him thru the radio this year.

i try his products cos he believes in chemical free or minimal chemicals...which i like lor

gin,
i went itti &amp; otto too, i like their design but dont have my size and becos my feet is broad in the front, hence finding a comfortable pair is not easy. My ds n dd are in PAP cos its just downstairs at my mil's place, more convenient for her to fetch the kids. Where is yr kids' new kindergarten?

I just want to go chinatown to buy peanuts, the farmer's brand cos IMO those weigh and pack are fresher than those ready packed. And I heard there is this particular makeshift store which sells all kinds of melon seeds which are quite nice. So wanna go down and look see.

today no class for my kids' kindergarten

they are having staggered session. N1 &amp; N2 will start tomorrow, then K2 next week

Yes me loves to go Chinatown to buy some goodies like Nian Guo from Da Zhong Guo , Lin Chee Guan Bak Hwa ... melon seeds ... sweets ...

Buy some handmade stuffs to do my handmade mandarin oranges etc ...

Hi mommies,

CLARINS eye products work on me, i have tried other very expensive brands but not effective.

I have bought all my cny clothes and for my son too, very kiasu right.

School re-open..., kids are happy, mommies will feel happy too.

Hippo, where is your dd1 attending arts lesson, and you withdrawn her? Actually, i also wanted to stop my son from his drawing, Art &amp; Crafts, but i don't have the heart, he love it so much and enjoying his classes.

Wishes, what is the playgroup name at Blk 546? There is one, Little Rainbow at Blk 526...., but make sure the principle, MRS LIM is teaching at that branch.

<font color="ff0000">Gin,</font>
I definitely want a facial soon but now quite bz at work and still need to take leave because my gal started playgroup this week... nearly wail the whole school down. Sigh.

ssm,
My kids just started PAP at Blk 135 (behind swimming pool). So far the teachers are good. I was quite impressed with their organisation skills and their equipment. They've a gym room with gym equipment, big music room, computer room. The classroom has many playareas incl dressing table with mirror, costume (princess, power ranger etc), woodblocks, lego etc. Previously, they had a plant corner where the kids grown plants like onions, carrots. On the 1st day, the teacher told my dd1 to bring a insect to school as she is setting up an science corner. So we caught a praying mantis for her. They will go for field trips every month. Afterwhich, they will paste the group photos and write down their experience in the portfolio book. Seems to be an enriching environment. I heard that some PAP kindy is not so good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wishes,
My friend told me the playgroup cum childcare in Kampong Chai Chee CC is quite good. It's call Sunflower Childcare.

I feel that PAP syllabus is insufficient to prepare for P1, too simple so the leap from K2 to P1 will be quite huge. Parents need to send for enrichments or teach more at home

don't say PAP , think some childcare syllabus also not good enough to prepare the kids for P1 , the one my girl previously attend is one good example . My girl was there since pre-nursery and I found that she learns nothing from the childcare and I had to send her for enrichment and teach her at home then she know all the maths , reading . U know her classmate at Nursery or even early k1 don't even know the letters A to Z after attending the childcare for almost 2 years . The childcare main aim is just to earn money the rest don't really bother . Luckily I changed her to a new school early last year and found she really learn a lot from this new school as the principle aim is not earning money , she had a small group to just breakeven the overheads will do so she can really focus on the kids . My girl classmate that don't know A to Z learn to recognise the letters and simple words within a month .

A&amp;E,
What's your dd's school? Is it private kindy?

Hippo,
I agree. PAP and even church kindy syllabus is insufficient. Parents need to send for outside enrichments. Most church kindy only 3 hours. If you minus off assembly, toilet, snack time, queueing up time and play time, probably only 1 hour for learning. My dd previous church kindy, only teach them read and write basics like A-Z. And no learning corners AT ALL. Luckily I send her to enrichment. If not, until now she won't be able to read yet.

mummies,
i agree that attending PAP alone is not good enough and thats why I send my ds for enrichment classes. Also I think we parents also have to play a part, cant just leave it to the childcare/kindergarten to teach our kids.

My dd's school is a private Childcare centre at Sunbird Circle . Previous one is at Simei , a lousy one .

My dd2 also goes to childcare last Sept and she only 2years 3 months when she join and she don't even know A to Z . About 2 months after joining , she read A to Z to me . So surprise she progress so much from the school . Happy with her progess .

Yes I do agree that parents need to teach the child too and cannot just rely on childcare alone . But as FTWM , we also hope the childcare can at least teach them some useful stuff . You know what my dd1 told me , ask her like her new school , she said yes , ask her why , she told me old school everyday just colouring .. colouring .. nothing new or interesting when she already in K1 .

A&amp;E,
Is the CC under Pat's schoolhouse? I should have gone to take a look. My kids were at a full day CC at Tanah Merah estate in Dec. Was a nightmare for me. Everyday they cry and refuse to go to school. Think I choose wrong school for them. The existing kids were unfriendly to them so I think they had a hard time. Luckily only 1 mth. Now everything back to normal... whew...

My dd ask me why her new PAP classmates so friendly to her whereas the CC children not friendly at all.

Hi Gin ,

No it's not under Pat's schoolhouse . You interested , can PM me and I let u know offline as don't really nice put here .

A good childcare is impt as children not happy , we parents also not happy as more stress to handle somemore pay extra $$$ to get stress .. sigh ..

A&amp;E,
Thanks for sharing but not necessary liao. I only need the CC for 1 mth as my maid went home. I console myself by telling hubby at least the CC is clean and safe and that they din catch some HFM disease back. Now they've started Kindergarten very happy. Everything back to normal routine. You're right. Children happy = Parents happy. No point spend $ to stress ourselves up.

Pre-school syllabus insufficient..., parents still can coach or send for enrichment classes.

The big problem is when a pri sch teacher, ask students how to solve maths problems. Any mommies heard of that? This happened at my friend's daughter school.

aiyo, I have withdrawn dd1 from all her enrichment classes. Now I am her teacher. Sit right next to her she can also day dream

foocj

no need plenty of time lah. I intend to sign up for aerobics at nearby cc 1 hour a week

hubby can babysit for me

mommies

thanks for your earlier suggestions &amp; input. dd1 had her birthday party just now. The kids had lots of fun
happy.gif

Hippo,
I also hope I can find time to exercise. I have a lot of clothes (before I had kids) that I can't fit. Don't feel like throwing them away but I will need to slim down a lot a lot before I can squeeze into them.

Glad that your dd1 had a great party.
happy.gif

Hello Everyone

how's everybody doing? Has been ages since I last posted. I am busy with work since returning in late Oct.

Weekend busy with kids as I am a weekend mum. My eldest gal has also started her nursery. So far she is reacting fine to it and I hope she will enjoy it. Was very worried she will cry as it is a new environment to her. Hope that she will continue to look forward to her classes ...

I juz sign up my kids for 1.5 hr of gym. I tell myself to exercise while they also exercise. In the end, they did 1.5 hr and I only run for 15 min then give up. Ha Ha. Maybe too long never exercise, no stamina.

i think no matter how busy, we must try to squeeze some time for exercise. Me also started yoga 2mths ago....but i think i shd cut down on my carbo, else my spare tyre wl just stay....

winniebear,
my girl also started nursery and she enjoyed very much. At least no crying for the first few days of sch, but then still cant help but to worry, wonder if she can take care of herself......

I agreed that we must find time to exercise but really for FTWM , night time and weekend need to look after kids and do housework , where got time to exercise . Weekend if kids don't take nap , worst as they ask you to do things with them and then housework can only be done at night when they sleep .

usually kids will get use to going to school after a few months . they will not want to go school if teacher scold them or the children fight for toys so we had to coax them to school .

SSM , hope everything goes well for your girl . When my dd2 went to pre-nursery , first day ok . Second day onwards cry for a few days then later she realised cry no use and get use to going to school . After 2 - 3 weeks , ok already .

dd1 started her K2 today. I asked her how many friends she talked to today? Guess what? ZERO. She just kept quiet. Faint!!!!!

very worrying, she's very slow to warm up. Only a boy &amp; her are new. The rest were promoted from K1 so they have been classmates for a year. I sure hope she blends in

A&amp;E,
this morning, my girl gave my mil a hard time. First she didnt want to wake up, then she didnt want to eat breakfast, then she didnt want to wear uniform to sch, she prefer to wear her own pj. She refused to bring the peanut butter bread prepared by my domestic helper, instead she requested for biscuits. Then she wants to wear diapers to sch!!!!! Really want to faint sia! *shake head*

ssm

I am taking line dancing with hubby, at community center. Very fun leh. Our second term now. The best dancer in my class goes to an uncle
wink.gif

caymom

hehe, I am still harbouring hope to squeeze into my pre-prenancy clothes. I kept a few of my favourite dresses that I couldn't bear to dispose. But dd1 already 6 years old liao....maybe time for me to give up
biggrin.gif

winniebear, ssm

dd2 started her nursery last week. Cried on 1st day. Aiyo, totally didn't expect her to cry. she's ok from 2nd day onwards. In fact, she was quite embraressed that she cried on 1st day
rofl.gif

I think quite usually for the child to cry on first day or should be first week . Like my dd2 , first day to school never cry . Second day cry when we reach the school , she know that she need to stay there whole day , first day blur blur so never cry , second day onwards cry for a week or 2 then she is fine now .

hippo/caymom,
I have given up my hope to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy clothings. I just hope that I dont "expand" fm now on.....gotta work hard to tackle the tough area, esp my tummy!

winnie/hippo,
haha, yr girl is so cute, at least she knows it is embarrassing to cry.

Hippo/SSM,
Can't bear to throw the clothes away leh although chances of fitting into them are very very low now.
sad.gif
Thinking of starting my spring cleaning soon so must decide whether to clear them off. Hb also gave me the green light to clear his clothes. He grew fat together with me when I got preggie.
rofl.gif

hippo,
I started the kids gym at Hwa chong Institution on Sunday. V far but it's good and both can go together. While at there, I do exercise when they do gym and hubby do grocery at NTUC. Line dance sounds fun but I realise I've coordination problem. Always can't move according to instructions.

Caymom,
Hubby expanded w me when I preggie. After delivery, I shrink back to original size but he continued to expand ; P But exercise is not only to lose weight but also to keep fit &amp; healthy.

hippo,
i like line dancing but hubby hates it! in fact, hubby cant dance lah....so dont want to embarrass himself in public! :p

ssm / hippo,
Maybe next time when we 'retire', can go line dancing together at Bedok.. ha ha.. I always see many pp dancing at CC and open areas.

gin,
haha, i dont mind. I dont want to be lonely when I retires. Must take up activities to keep myself occupied!

A&amp;E,
Are you PV of RSS? What news do you have?
Ya, heard that the old principal retiring but not sure who is the new principal. Hopefully no drastic change in strategy

Iwg26, ssm

hehe, hubby picks up line dancing faster than me! He joined 5 lessons later but catches up very quickly. I have two left legs lah
rofl.gif

I plan to sign up for aerobics. seriously need to exercise. everyday just eat, afternoon nap, couch potato leh

Back