BEDOK mommies club

I always thought line dancing is for retirees until I saw the mass dance at Toa Payoh outside HDB hub last year. I like its joyful music & the aunties & uncles danced so well. very impressive!

I think it will take a long long time before I can dance as well as them.

Hippo,
I feel that I am fitter when I was SAHM. At home, I move around (with my son), do housework. Now working is worse, after lunch, just sit down and stare at computer. Bum and tummy become bigger. I also need to do more exercise - for health and beauty reasons.

Btw, how do you teach your kids how to count money and look at time? I haven't teach yet so muz start soon before she enters P1 next yr.

hippo,
i first saw the mass dance outside parkway parade and I was very impressed. I think there's another group dancing outside the SingPost at Paya Lebar too. Ya boy, I wonder how long will i take to at least master the basic steps! keke

hello mummies
hope u all still rem me. was busy these 2 mth wif the kids, family and sch.

my girl tis year promote to N2 and some of her classmate not same class, now every morning she fuss when gog to sch. had a hard time sending her to sch every morning.

any one facing elder child more fussy and "baby" then the 2nd child? my elder girl so inmature as compare to her sis, she fuss and can cry wif scream is getting hard to control her.
worst she is slow since young wif walking , speech. Teacher alry feedback to me on 1st day tat they worried she cannot catch up wif the rest. Is it normal for a 3 year old not able to write 123. abc? my girl is dec04 she cant really write and i gettign worried for her.

since shifted back to bedok bot the younger girl back daily and wif the daily hectic scedule dun even have time to sit down to read paper, so exercise can be out of question alry haha...

Hi wendypooh
Of cos we still remember you. Do pop in here to 'see' us sometimes ; )

3 yr old can't write yet is very normal. My ds only started to write abc last year when he was 3.5 yr old. He's born dec 03. Actually, in kindergarten, they only teach writing at K1. So pls don't worry so much. How about talking? Can she speaks in complete sentences? If yes,then shouldn't be a problem. If you're worried, can bring her to polyclinic for 3 yo checkup. I brought my gal to polyclinic and they ask her questions, ask her to draw a square etc.

hi wendypooh,
haha, of cos we rem u lah.

i share the same sentiments as Gin. She's only 3yo, cant expect alot from her right? As long as she is developing norm in other aspects, dont have to worry too much. My girl is Sept 04, she can only write selected alphabets and numbers under guidance and after much prompting. So your dd1 is not lacking far behind.

<font color="ff0000">Wendy,</font>
My dd1 is definitely getting more fussy. She wailed so hard during first week of school. She even told us to let meimei go to school instead. We thought she is going to wail for weeks but she's ok now.

hello, thanks for remembering me keke...

ya i rather stress and upset after the teacher talk to me on the 1st day. last year they not so strict tis year they talk to me as if it so serious.

well lot of ppl tell me tat oso still early some more she is yr end child but the teacher sound to me as if she is lacking very far. she previously had speech delay tat why the teacher is worried. but now she speaking more wif longer word. stil waiting for kkh appt to see doc, the q is terrible. the nurse tell me nowaday kids is so diff from our time.

i feel she can write cos sometime i promt and promt she cna write 1, but she just cant sit still for long

tink she trying to get attention, alway crying for nothing and see we cary her sis she oso wan.

now many ppl keep asking wan to go for no. 3. i raise white flag, bringing up a kid is not easy in sin

Hi Gin ,

The new principal is formly VP of Ai Tong Primary school . Any changes in policy , no news yet but a lady from the school called some PV that this year all outside 1km one might have to ballot seeing last year registration . Sigh .

My dd2 only speak ABC at 2.5years lah .. talk in sentences not yet . Me also worried as my dd1 speaks earlier at 2years . But doc told us not to worry lah .

Yes children usually write from 4 years old onwards is better as their muscle not fully develop and if too young force to write will affect their skill later on .

Dec kids intially will see different in reading skills , writing skills compare to Jan kids of same year , Jan kid drinks 11 months of milk already then Dec kid only drink 1 mth so initially got different . As they grow older to 5 plus and above , no difference in terms of skill and speed .

Recently my dd1 k2 also very fussy and behave like baby . Have to coax her other than dd2 so stress man

Agree with wendy , bring up a child in Singapore is not easy , we need time , effort , $$ etc ...

Young worry eat enough , older worry cannot catch up in terms of reading , writing skills etc , then worry for Primary school , secondary school , JC , University etc . Then worry boy girl relationship etc ..

wendy

don't worry. she just turned 3, plenty of time to catch up

I let dd2 practice writing from 1 to 10, then subsequently she can write from 1 to 100 after a few months although her handwriting is horrible
lol.gif

Still couldn't write alphabets well, can only write her own name. I am satisfied liao
I started training her around middle of last year, when she was 3.5 years old

Iwg26

I let dd1 pays for coffee or food that I ordered
she can count $1.20 exact but doesn't know what should be the change for $1.20 coffee if we give cashier $10

clock she learns from assessment books. Some P1 Maths assessment books have a whole topic on time. She's not very familiar yet, only knows how to read digital clock well

I gave dd and ds some coins to play 'buying things'. She's not very familiar yet but luckily still got 1 year to learn ...

Hi, all with daughters
Have you let your dd pierce her ears? My dd has been pestering me as she saw some friends wearing ear rings. Some of my friends went Be Dazzled at Tampines mall but v expensive. Do you know of any other place that does ear piercing? Someone recommended me a GP at Chai Chee. Am considering...

Gin,
I intend to do so only after she turns 5yo cos I had my ears pierced at 5yo too. How much is the piercing nowadays? Price inclusive of earrings? I was told to do it at reputable goldsmith shop, safer and more hygenic?

ssm,
How old is your dd? Mine is turning 6 in April and she requested ear piercing as her "present". We thot of doing it before CNY so that can doll her up ; )

Be Dazzle is charging $100-170, depending on type of earring selected. I thot Clinic also should be ok as it's done by doctor who should be experienced. A bit apprehensive to do at goldsmith due to a bad experience by a friend. Her gal went to goldsmith at Simei. After piercing, one side of the hole is out of alignment i.e. not in the centre. I heard that Goldheart also does ear piercing.

Hi Wendy

not to worry too much

my eldest born on Oct 04 she don't know how to write 123 or ABC as well. At the moment I just give her pencil or crayon for her to scribble on the papers

guess what? she only learned to walk at 18 months slower than most of the toddlers then

She likes us to read story books to her. Each time before sleep we definitely have to read at least one to her. If we refused she will cry non stop till we give in

Hi hippo / winniebear
thank for the comfort. guess the teacher expectation are too high, i feel so stress adn upset whenever i fetch her from sch, the teacher will tell me to spend more time wif her, write, talk etc. they alway tell me she is behind time and make me so stress.

my elder girl oso start all thing slow. she start to walk only at 16mth, talk when close to 30 mth. now still waiting for kkh appt to see speech therpy, maybe tat why teacher is worry she is slow.

i realise she can talk more now but depend on mood. her speech still not very clear, is it normal for 3 yr old kid?

wendy

dd1 only started talking in sentences after 3 months in childcare. Before 2 years old was almost complete silence. Now she can argue non-stop, don't worry lah

mommies

a few days into kindergarten, dd1's teacher noticed she's extremely slow motion, feedback to me &amp; asked me to talk to her to speed up. aiya, this is her 'pattern', I nag until I'm so frustrated too

lwg26

there is a clinic near Blk 85 market, a few shops from 7 eleven. HL clinic
I remembered seeing a poster there. ear piercing $20+

I would like dd1 to pierce her ears, suggested a few times to her but she's still not mentally prepared, kept telling me pain pain pain

Hippo,
If she's not ready then don't force. My gal kept pestering me that's why we decided on it.

Wendy,
I've to agree with you the teacher is expecting too much for a 3 yo leh. My son's speech only start to 'develop' when he was 3. He used to tell us "totonut tree" (coconut tree) as he can't pronounce c and k sound. Even now, there're some sounds that he can't pronounce so well but we don't force him. It's worse to destroy their confidence &amp; morale as they will feel so conscious about talking.

My friend's teacher is opposite as your dd's teacher. She tells my friend no need to teach how to read before P1 as they will 'automatically' know.

Hi Wendy

my gal can speak in sentences but only a few words in it.

Your gal don't speak clearly is it because she still baby talk?

My gal still baby talk a lot which then I will tell her "Mummy don't understand what you talking about. Pls talk properly"

my gal watches a lot of TV (which I know is no good but couldn't control it since she's @ parents' place over the weekdays) hence sometimes the way she talk is how those cartoon talk as well.

Now her fav character is Dora. So now the way she speak is exactly how Dora speak as well

hello mummies

thank you so much, u all really put me at ease. the teacher still tell me non stop "she is slow, she stare blank at worksheet etc.
she shifted from N1 to N2 tis year so she is the youngest in her class now, so some ppl tell me she is born later of course slower lor but teacher dun understand leh.

my hubby like many of u all feel tat is ok for her speed, let her take her time and let her enjoy her childhood rather forcing her write write and cause her to have a horrible experience to sch

yes she can speak now better now compare to last time at time really find her noisy. certain word she can speak very clear certain word not clear so speech wise i not so worried now.

now i finally understand the role of a mother really no ending worries

wendypooh

maybe your girl is not slow, just that you don't have enough time to teach her?

Try to spend 15 minutes everyday to coach her. at this age her attention span should be quite short so 15 minutes is sufficient

Sending her for enrichment is an alternative although I feel that we still need to reinforce over the week to maximise the benefit of enrichment classes

my dd2 has a slow start too compared to dd1. really have to stretch my patience to teach her

My son started to speak sentences when he is 2.5years old, i was so shocked when he started to tell me events happening at school. Was like over night he can speak so well.

Now..., teachers always comment that he is very quite in class. But at home he will argue with me, and can talk non-stop by asking many questions.

My niece at 3years old, still can't write, but she can draw simple pictures. My sis started to train her to write since school re-open, but she not interested.

any mommy love Korean drama?

I was not a big fan but recently seems to be quite addicted. Now a big fan of coffee prince at 10pm Channel U !

Caymom,
were u the one who wanted to buy a bedok flat? cos i was reading MyPaper this morning and HDB is releasing some flats for sale under Bedok for balloting exercise. can go to the website for more details.....

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/08JANBEBD_page/$file/08JANBEBD_map.htm?open&amp;ft=be

hippo,
*wave wave* me here is a fan of korean drama. Actually i dont really have time to follow but my friend will recommend some nice ones to me. Oh yes! the Coffee Prince is VERY NICE! i watched becos of that girl who acted in Goong. I went to buy the DVDs and watched it twice cos too nice! :p

Hippo,
I am a die hard HK serial fans.

Wah, today Takashimaya starts sale leh. Anyone going? Thot of popping by during lunchtime.

Have anyone started teaching their kids about saving ? Like reward them with X cents when they perform certain task and put it into their piggy bank.

I am a big fan of the korean drama serials and chasing after the coffee prince show as well

Yes, i m one of them who's keen in the bedok central flats. The 5 room are 400k plus oh my goodness ...

Don't know whether I stand a chance or not but will be trying my luck on the 4 room flat

Gin,
I like HK drama too! The last i watched was the heart of greed....keke

Really? Got sale? Let me go see the papers now.

Err...no for me cos the kids still dont have a concept for $$ yet.

SSM,
Thanks for the info.
Wow, the 5-rooms are so ex. If I still have to pay for the resale levy, then it is going to cost a bomb. Jialat.

ssm / A&amp;E,
Do you rent the hk serial or borrow from friend? I borrow from my friend. I watched Heart of Greed last month. Now I'm watching this show on father &amp; son (dunno what's english name) by Au Yeong Zheng Hua. Very funny. Maybe next time we should exchange serials ; P I can only finish 1 serial in a month cos can only watch on weekend.

Last time single , my sis and I usually rent and watch the latest HK drama . Sigh now married , not more rent and my hubby no a fan so nowadays I watch SCV lor . so slightly backdated drama

I usually rent from the shop. I tried to watch after my children's bedtime or during weekend when they take their nap. If i manage to finish fast, i will pass on to my mil cos she's also a fan of hk serial....

i like shows by Au Yang Zheng Hua cos he's really a good actor. I think he has got another latest show, not sure if its out.

http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/marriage_of_inconvenience/

Watch on weekend v tiring as it's addictive. I can watch till 2-3am then next day go to work yawn yawn. So try to watch on weekends only.

any mommy knows where to find 'Goong - princess hour' drama online?
TCS repeat telecast is very late lah

and any recommendations for korean drama? light hearted ones such as coffee prince &amp; princess hour. don't want those sobbing type

haha, my korean fever
biggrin.gif

Dear All

decide not to try our luck at the bedok central flats afterall cos hubby don't like the layout ...

sigh guess will be actively looking for those flats around my mum's area after CNY

HDB has approved our request to sell our flat now.
Wish us good luck n thereafter I can officially become a "Bedok Mommies Club" member
happy.gif

Winnie,
You mean your hb doesn't like the layout of the flats is it? I thought it looked ok but I prefer those units not facing the MRT track and Upper Changi Road because likely to be very noisy and dusty. However, the number of units facing inside are lesser. Currently, the number of applications already exceed the available units by a lot. Chances are rather slim.

I've not decided whether to put in my application yet. If we sell our current house, we have to pay a resale levy of $45k. That is a lot of money lor, plus the fact that the 5-room flat is not cheap leh... $400k+.
lame.gif
Not to mention that it is a stardard unit so must still fork out around $30k for reno.

Korean show those good ones I watch is Hun Li , My lovely Kim Sam Soon , Lover Paris etc . don't know got the title correct or not , I usually watch on SCV .

My dd finally pierce her ears last Sat. One ear pierced and she was so excited. Quickly ask the nurse for mirror and then admire herself. She was so satisfied and immediately ask the doctor to pierce the other ear. Vainpot ! Pierce 2nd ear the ear ring got 'stuck' so doctor gotta remove. When the doctor try to put in the ear ring, dd say painful so doctor re-pierce the 2nd hole again. Lucky everything go well except a bit of blood when doctor try to remove the stuck earring. I even recorded down the piercing process... ke ke

Caymom,
I think more of vain lah. When we told her she look like princess now, immediately she was so happy. But only "look" like princess, behavior still v "chuo lou". Sigh... think muz go for grooming class soon.

mommies

I finished watching 'coffee prince' &amp; 'princess hour' this afternoon!
Marathon since weekends. Very shiong but shiok
biggrin.gif

Back