Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi!
New to the forum. How to improve egg quality. Failed 1st IVF. No embryos survived in 5 days after egg retrieval.

Dear friend - sorry to hear about your experience. For me, I have started preparing my body for a long time. Been having prenatal vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, Coq10. I have also been on alternate days taken Amway Bodykey and Protein to boost my body. I have been avoiding processed food and junk food and bubble tea whatsoever that I deemed unhealthy. Also been exercising more lately before IVF cycle - to lessen my stress at work. Mediterranean diet helps (based on my research).

Thank you @Uptheair & @hopeful_woman

I just got myself Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. Been eating healthy food since July- avocado, berries, Brazilian nuts, walnuts.I didn’t take any supplements previously. Had the Egg retrieval earlier this month. Now have to wait for the next one. I have to get the supplements.

I also went for my review today and same as you 10-11mm after 8 days :( Anyone have any advise on how to improve results with diet or anything?
I was told by tcm to drink red dates and wolfberries drink regularly. She said will help in lining and implantation. For this succeed cycle, i did follow her instructions. Do note some people may feel heaty drinking this so must adjust to your body.

I was told by tcm to drink red dates and wolfberries drink regularly. She said will help in lining and implantation. For this succeed cycle, i did follow her instructions. Do note some people may feel heaty drinking this so must adjust to your body.
the red date & wolfberries you drink it everyday? after Embryo transfer also can drink?

The red date drink is prepared freshly? or use those packets one also ok?

the red date & wolfberries you drink it everyday? after Embryo transfer also can drink?

The red date drink is prepared freshly? or use those packets one also ok?
Yes after ET i also drink. I drink a few times a week.
My tcm recommends to boil 8 red dates and 8 wolfberries must remove the red dates seed. If not too heaty. Sometimes i also put all ingredients in hot flask then pour hot water in about 30 mins later then i drink.

Yes after ET i also drink. I drink a few times a week.
My tcm recommends to boil 8 red dates and 8 wolfberries must remove the red dates seed. If not too heaty. Sometimes i also put all ingredients in hot flask then pour hot water in about 30 mins later then i drink.
alright i will try :) will be doing FET this month .. thanks

Maybe i drink on alternate day.

You may wish to read up the book ‘It starts with the egg’ for more insights. Generally you can do a few things like starting with lifestyle and diet changes e.g. going for whole food, reduced processed food, reducing sugar intake, eating organic food, reduce iced and cold drinks, eat foods that strengthen the womb and blood; do regular exercise that helps relieve stress. Take ubiquinol (coq10), vit D and a prenatal multi vit may help too. See a tcm physician if you believe in chinese medicine.

get your husband to change his diet/lifestyle too. Ultimately both the sperm And egg plays a part in giving a good embryo that will survive,implant and grow well :)

Just keep trying and don’t give up. I also had no embryos that made it to day 5 on my first ivf. In fact, out of 30+ eggs, I only had 4 embryos to freeze and 2 did not survive thawing leaving only 2 for frozen transfer. Changed out my diet and lifestyle with consistent effort and had 11 embryos for my second ivf, had a chemical pregnancy for fresh transfer, 5 made it to d5 with two transferred during frozen transfer, giving me a pair of twins. Still have 4 d2 embryos in the freezer. So improvement is possible :)
Yeps the book is awesome! I’m reading it :)

Thank you!

Dear all - I have started my 1st cycle under Dr Fong Yang on 13 November 2020. Done my egg retrieval surgery yesterday and there were 38 eggs collected. I was told today that 35 of them were mature eggs and 28 eggs were successfully fertilized. I will be further informed of the progress on Day 3 and Day 5.

I also changed my lifestyle before the IVF cycle i.e. by eating more Mediterranean food. I have been taking COQ10, Swisse Prenatal Vitamins, Omega 3 Fish Oil. I also started taking smoothies (like Organic Kale, avocado, berries plus AMWAY protein powder) from the beginning of the IVF cycle. My husband was the one who jabbed me and prepared me food. Spousal support is really very important.

I am waiting for my transfer in January 2021 as I was told that I need to clear the hormones in my body and clear 1 round of menstrual cycle before the transfer.

Really hope the freezing and thawing wont kill my embryos.
Awesome! can you share the brand of the COQ10. thanks

Hi Zerelda any brand of selenium or mens vitamins to recommend. Thanks
Hello @Alisha R . I made my husband quit coke and fast food. He is currently taking a morning essentials multivit + some extras (vit B complex, vit c, vit d and zinc) and the night one (contains selenium) as the male one that’s in tablet form (blue stork men is the #1 brand but he can’t take it) gave him gastric. My husband has a weak digestion system because of his previous junk lifestyle and cuz he’s 40 (older you are, the weaker your digestion system becomes). They are all from Mary Ruth Organics (there is 25% off Black Friday sale now!).

Last edited:
Hello @Alisha R . I made my husband quit coke and fast food. He is currently taking a morning essentials multivit + some extras (vit B complex, vit c, vit d and zinc) and the night one (contains selenium) as the male one that’s in tablet form (blue stork men is the #1 brand but he can’t take it) gave him gastric. My husband has a weak digestion system because of his previous junk lifestyle and cuz he’s 40 (older you are, the weaker your digestion system becomes). They are all from Mary Ruth Organics (there is 25% off Black Friday sale now!).
Thanks Zerelda! Will check out the vitamins now.

Dear all, any good TCM to recommend in particular for male fertility? If you do know of cases whereby there are improved male fertility parameters as seen from the semen analysis results after the TCM treatment, please do share as well.

So far based on existing threads, I gather the popular TCMs recommended for fertility include:
- Tan Kian Sing at Clementi
- Tan Siew Buay at Chinatown/ NTU
- Zou Yu Min at AMK

I understand usually both parties are treated, however in our case, it's severe male factor with sperm density <1M. Have gone through two rounds of IVF/ICSI with a good number of occytes retrieved. However due to poor sperm quality, did not manage to get any good embryos.

DH is already taking Pro-fertil. NiL other hormonal imbalance and karyotyping is normal too..

We are really keen to optimise his parameters and try ICSI again instead of using a sperm donar as what Dr suggested we can consider.

Appreciate any kind recommendations / advice. Thank you!

Dear all, any good TCM to recommend in particular for male fertility? If you do know of cases whereby there are improved male fertility parameters as seen from the semen analysis results after the TCM treatment, please do share as well.

So far based on existing threads, I gather the popular TCMs recommended for fertility include:
- Tan Kian Sing at Clementi
- Tan Siew Buay at Chinatown/ NTU
- Zou Yu Min at AMK

I understand usually both parties are treated, however in our case, it's severe male factor with sperm density <1M. Have gone through two rounds of IVF/ICSI with a good number of occytes retrieved. However due to poor sperm quality, did not manage to get any good embryos.

DH is already taking Pro-fertil. NiL other hormonal imbalance and karyotyping is normal too..

We are really keen to optimise his parameters and try ICSI again instead of using a sperm donar as what Dr suggested we can consider.

Appreciate any kind recommendations / advice. Thank you!
Did you do a sperm fragmentation assay to confirm it is truly a sperm quality/DNA issue? Cuz normally when you do ICSI, there is another technology where they can select the sperm with all the correct DNA. Moreover, you only need like 1 sperm per egg since you are doing ICSI, 20 eggs = 20 sperm..

Most of the time when the embryo becomes abnormal, 80% chance it’s the egg.

Hi Zerelda, thanks for your reply.
No, we did not do any sperm fragmentation assay - perhaps this is something we can consider. Anyone knows if KKH has this service?

I think the reason why the gynae and embryologist commented it's likely sperm issue is because although only 1 sperm to 1 egg for ICSI, they were not able to find good quality (motile and progressive) sperms to fertilise the mature oocytes retrieved. Embryologist said that they "selected the best from what can be observed, but to be honest they're not the ideal type"..

Not sure how true this is, but I've also read that embryo development up to D3 highly dependent on egg quality whereas D4 onwards is more sperm-dependent. For both our cycles, embryo development after D3 is slow.

In any case, I am aware my eggs are aging with me too.. Kinda gave up the thought of natural conception but am really hoping that we can at least succeed through IVF. But instead of blindly going for 3rd cycle, would like to see what else can be done to improve egg and sperm quality..

Did anybody here experienced like zero symptoms? Today is my 10dp6dt (frozen) and i totally have zero symptoms, maybe a little back and pelvis ache.

Currently on my 2nd cycle. My 1st fresh had a positive before it became a chemical by the TWW end, but i totally felt awful on the previous cycle - typical preggo symptoms with sore boobs and all. No sore boobs this time round, and not sure if its my eyes playing tricks whether there is a faint line on HPT as i changed my brand of HPT now so i cant tell if its accurate or not haha.

would like to hear ladies to share their positive stories here for current and future readers!

Did anybody here experienced like zero symptoms? Today is my 10dp6dt (frozen) and i totally have zero symptoms, maybe a little back and pelvis ache.

Currently on my 2nd cycle. My 1st fresh had a positive before it became a chemical by the TWW end, but i totally felt awful on the previous cycle - typical preggo symptoms with sore boobs and all. No sore boobs this time round, and not sure if its my eyes playing tricks whether there is a faint line on HPT as i changed my brand of HPT now so i cant tell if its accurate or not haha.

would like to hear ladies to share their positive stories here for current and future readers!
I had a frozen transfer too and totally no symptoms except for lower backache and cramps, bloatedness. Mine was a 5 day blast and can see faint like from day 5 post transfer but a squinter and darker from day 7 onwards. Good luck!!

I had a frozen transfer too and totally no symptoms except for lower backache and cramps, bloatedness. Mine was a 5 day blast and can see faint like from day 5 post transfer but a squinter and darker from day 7 onwards. Good luck!!

when did you start to feel more symptoms? Read abt ur success from the past posts, congrats to you!

when did you start to feel more symptoms? Read abt ur success from the past posts, congrats to you!
About week 4 to week 5 but also quite mild and alot of the symptoms could be due to crinone. The symptoms spotting doesn't seem accurate and cause alot of worries coupled with googling haha so will advise to avoid if can.

Thank you, baby dust to you too!

Hi dear
Don’t worry... I had zero symptoms too! Just stop thinking too much! Today is my 14 day post frozen transfer. I just went for a second blood test and my beta climbed! Even till today, not much symptoms. My first blood test on 10 days post transfer, totally no symptoms! Baby dust to all!

About week 4 to week 5 but also quite mild and alot of the symptoms could be due to crinone. The symptoms spotting doesn't seem accurate and cause alot of worries coupled with googling haha so will advise to avoid if can.

Hi, don’t do any symptom spotting! Yes it’s not accurate at all! When I saw my doctor on day 10 post transfer for my first blood test, I was so sure I’m going to fail! Cos I had no symptoms at all! Even told hubby to take leave to acc me to go for a drink after it! Imagine my shock when doctor said I’m pregnant! He said don’t be silly, it’s still too early to feel any symptoms and he scheduled another blood test for me today, which is 14 days later. To be honest, now also not much symptoms, just on and off headache and a lot of farting! Don’t think too much and be positive!

By the way! Congrats! I remember we did the polyps removal at about the same time!

Hi, don’t do any symptom spotting! Yes it’s not accurate at all! When I saw my doctor on day 10 post transfer for my first blood test, I was so sure I’m going to fail! Cos I had no symptoms at all! Even told hubby to take leave to acc me to go for a drink after it! Imagine my shock when doctor said I’m pregnant! He said don’t be silly, it’s still too early to feel any symptoms and he scheduled another blood test for me today, which is 14 days later. To be honest, now also not much symptoms, just on and off headache and a lot of farting! Don’t think too much and be positive!

haha a lot of farting can relate :x can ask what are ur beta levels for the 1st and 2nd blood test?

Congrats!:) what did you do differently this round to help you succeed?
Thanks! I changed my doctor that’s one. Previous two rounds was with Kkivf. I transferred two blastocysts with this current doctor. He is doctor tan heng hao by the way... During the two weeks wait, I really put myself on total bed rest and took my medications regularly that’s all... as for diet, I didn’t take tea or coffee. Other than this, everything was per normal.

Thanks! I changed my doctor that’s one. Previous two rounds was with Kkivf. I transferred two blastocysts with this current doctor. He is doctor tan heng hao by the way... During the two weeks wait, I really put myself on total bed rest and took my medications regularly that’s all... as for diet, I didn’t take tea or coffee. Other than this, everything was per normal.
Hi Congrats!
Can share what is the reason to transfer 2?

Congrats... may I know the grading of ur embryos ? Btw, I’m with doc tan also.

Congrats... may I know the grading of ur embryos ? Btw, I’m with doc tan also.
Hi
My 2 blastocysts
1 is 5AA the other is 4AB. I opted for laser assisted hatching too on the day of transfer.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the grading. My Fren transferred one grade B and she’s about 11 weeks pregnant now.

yesterday going for D19 scan for natural FET (under dr tan HH). follicle is still small & thin lining 6mm, he suggested i abort this cycle & go for medicated cycle next month.

i wanna check anyone doing medicated FET can advise me on the following:-
a) the medication for medicated FET will have any side effects on the body? usually what medication will be given?
b)how is the success rates for medicated FET, in 2018 i have a boy via natural FET thus is more keen on natural FET. but probably my body aged thus is hard to track ovulation
c) what is the procedure for medicated FET? need to track for ovulation as well? or jus the lining..

Thanks in advance.

yesterday going for D19 scan for natural FET (under dr tan HH). follicle is still small & thin lining 6mm, he suggested i abort this cycle & go for medicated cycle next month.

a) the medication for medicated FET will have any side effects on the body? usually what medication will be given?
b)how is the success rates for medicated FET, in 2018 i have a boy via natural FET thus is more keen on natural FET. but probably my body aged thus is hard to track ovulation
c) what is the procedure for medicated FET? need to track for ovulation as well? or jus the lining..

Thanks in advance.
Ive not done a medicated cycle before but ever asked my doctor on the difference. It is basically a timed cycle for better control. They use estrogen and progesterone (usually injection) to prime the lining and help it to thicken and be more receptive. Sometimes, they use a HcG injection to cause ovulation to occur. My doctor ever said that success rate is comparable for both and some people might benefit from a medicated cycle more. For instance, ppl with irregular periods or PCOS.

Thanks in advance.

(a) was given progynova oral tabs for FET and utrogestan vaginal tabs prior to days before transfer
(b) medicated is more controlled so less if hiccups and aborted cycles unless linking still does not make it despite medicine. Success rates would vary because not only it depends on cycle, it also depends on embryo, lining and a myriad of other factors
(c) start of cycle progynova tabs, depending on days before transfer start on utrogestan tabs to prime lining (e.g. 5 day embryo means 5 days before transfer to insert), no need to track ovulation

Back