Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

My embryologist called me just now. Nothing is left to freeze :( i did my transfer on tue and now in 2ww. anybody had a similar case and still get a bfp? super sad now. :(

Ah i see, so are you still doing IVF currently? Mind to share more of the process?
Im still doing ivf but private now. This link have most of the info abt ivf amd what to expect in terms of process and injections. https://www.kkh.com.sg/patient-care/areas-of-care/womens-services/Pages/kkivf-icsi.aspx# . Most impt thing is you need to get prepared for frequent visits (easily 8) for one cycle within a month to ivf centre, lots of injections and a roller coaster emotional and physical ride per cycle.

Hi ladies! Can I ask something about the billing? I did a 1 fresh and 1 fet, just ended my 2nd fresh with bfn. Just received my bill and there was a 1.3k cash portion. Anyone experienced the same that require topup? Was thinking if it was a booboo from kkh. Pls help :)

Hi ladies! Can I ask something about the billing? I did a 1 fresh and 1 fet, just ended my 2nd fresh with bfn. Just received my bill and there was a 1.3k cash portion. Anyone experienced the same that require topup? Was thinking if it was a booboo from kkh. Pls help :)

I think is becos the 2nd fresh medisave can only claim 5k, less than the 1st fresh of 6k, therefore top up is required.

Hi, ladies! I’m currently on queue to start ivf in KKH.

Under KK’s ivf protocol, do we need to take meds to regulate menses before officially starting injections? (I know in NUH, we need to take Norethisterone before the cycle we do injections.)

Say if my menses come in end September, I will start all the scans and jabs in October, is it correct? Need to plan work beforehand...

Many thanks!

Hi, ladies! I’m currently on queue to start ivf in KKH.

Under KK’s ivf protocol, do we need to take meds to regulate menses before officially starting injections? (I know in NUH, we need to take Norethisterone before the cycle we do injections.)

Say if my menses come in end September, I will start all the scans and jabs in October, is it correct? Need to plan work beforehand...

Many thanks!
I think it is only unless your doc had indicated it as part of your treatment. I have done 2 fresh cycles at KK and was not given anything to regulate menses (but my menses is already regular). So once my menses came, I called KKIVF and started injections on the second day of full flow. All the best.

Jia you, I’m retrieved 15 eggs but only one managed to fertilised without a proper reason. Doctor comment “may be due to egg quality”
Me too. I retrieved 17 but only end up with 2 blast. Sometimes i feel that no matter what u do, u cant defy the law of nature i guess.

I think it is only unless your doc had indicated it as part of your treatment. I have done 2 fresh cycles at KK and was not given anything to regulate menses (but my menses is already regular). So once my menses came, I called KKIVF and started injections on the second day of full flow. All the best.

Thanks a lot!!

Me too. I retrieved 17 but only end up with 2 blast. Sometimes i feel that no matter what u do, u cant defy the law of nature i guess.
This is true... "law of nature"... I was the lucky one... Retrieved 42 eggs (my poor ovary over stimulate haha! Pls imagine how bloated I was that time).... And embryologists were impressed that out of 42, 12 made to blastocyst. Some people only have few even after 50+ extraction...its really cannot say. Its really nature we are talking about....
However... I have used 6 for FET, now only pregnant week 9... more blastocyst mean more chances of babies but still not all will made it to birth :(

This is true... "law of nature"... I was the lucky one... Retrieved 42 eggs (my poor ovary over stimulate haha! Pls imagine how bloated I was that time).... And embryologists were impressed that out of 42, 12 made to blastocyst. Some people only have few even after 50+ extraction...its really cannot say. Its really nature we are talking about....
However... I have used 6 for FET, now only pregnant week 9... more blastocyst mean more chances of babies but still not all will made it to birth :(
This is law of gambling. At least more blastocyst got more chances to get pregnant and no need to go through the cycle again.

Yup, but at least have two. Mine only one chance (a day 3 embryo), doctor ask me to go for 2nd cycle before implant and implant for two, but I ask to proceed with the “only” one before restart another cycle. Kind of gambling...

Agreed with "law of nature". I had done 2 fresh cycles - first cycle retrieved 11 eggs, though 8 fertilised, I only had 2 blasts (1 was a day 6 blast). My second cycle retrieved 10 eggs, though all fertilised, I only had 1 blast (day 5). My case is the embryos tend to stop growing after D3 :(

Agreed with "law of nature". I had done 2 fresh cycles - first cycle retrieved 11 eggs, though 8 fertilised, I only had 2 blasts (1 was a day 6 blast). My second cycle retrieved 10 eggs, though all fertilised, I only had 1 blast (day 5). My case is the embryos tend to stop growing after D3 :(
Wao, mine is day 3 embroy. Not even is blast. In that case not sure can survive or not.the chance just like 0.1%. Has to go through thawing process, lining must be good, mange to implant. Seem like much more difficult than strike TOTO.

Wao, mine is day 3 embroy. Not even is blast. In that case not sure can survive or not.the chance just like 0.1%. Has to go through thawing process, lining must be good, mange to implant. Seem like much more difficult than strike TOTO.
I am also fearful about mine surviving the thaw. Mine are grade C blasts. Chance is very low too. Just got to pray and stay hopeful.

hello, mine is also day 3 embryos. they managed to survive the thaw process, my gynae says 90% will survive. i am in my 2nd week, not sure whether they will implant.

Anyone success at first implant? No matter is fresh or frozen. Can share some good experience so that reduce our fear.
Maybe im the lucky one who managed to get 1 kid from 1st ivf cycle. Now trying for second kid but dont have the same luck after many tries. Have faith!

Im still doing ivf but private now. This link have most of the info abt ivf amd what to expect in terms of process and injections. https://www.kkh.com.sg/patient-care/areas-of-care/womens-services/Pages/kkivf-icsi.aspx# . Most impt thing is you need to get prepared for frequent visits (easily 8) for one cycle within a month to ivf centre, lots of injections and a roller coaster emotional and physical ride per cycle.

Is a must to get the rubella vaccine before start of IVF?

Maybe im the lucky one who managed to get 1 kid from 1st ivf cycle. Now trying for second kid but dont have the same luck after many tries. Have faith!

Me too, i get 1 kid from 1st IVF fresh cycle, now going for 3rd fresh cycle in sep and hope i have luck this round

Is anyone experiencing bad migraines from the blocker jabs? Today is my 5th day into the blocker jabs and have been having really bad migraines, is that normal?

Last edited:
Is anyone experience bad migraines from the blocker jabs? Today is my 5th day into the blocker jabs and have been having really bad migraines, is that normal?

It’s normal for me. I told my doc before and he said it’s normal. Usually I will drink some coffee and it relieves the headache.

After 3 cycles of fresh and 3 frozen, finally i see BFP this time round again. Keeping my fingers crossed that beanie will stick and grow healthily. Lots of baby dust to all of you here!

Congrats Yuki! One hurdle crossed.. hope it goes all well for you after so many tries. You also did fresh transfers?

How about your temperature? Do u have fever? That did not happen to me. Better get checked?
No fever, just normal temperature. The cold feeling whenever in public transport, office, or somewhere in air con room or raining day without air con. Seem like my body too weak.

Back