Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

How was the ET? I understand it’s not sedated. So was it painful?
I’m given 20 days HL. Just did ER yesterday. Waiting for KKH to call me by tmrw, for updates. So if all goes well (hopefully), fresh ET would be early next week.

Having butterflies in my tummy/uterus

ET for me was quite an emotional process for me and husband.. not sedated cos really the only uncomfy feeling is when the doc inserts the metal thing (when doing papsmear).. you can't even feel the tube going in..

Maybe you might want to worry about holding in your pee.. hahahahah.. cos after the ET, you gotta wait around 5 to 10mins for the embryologist to update you more on your other fertilised eggs..

Good luck!

ET for me was quite an emotional process for me and husband.. not sedated cos really the only uncomfy feeling is when the doc inserts the metal thing (when doing papsmear).. you can't even feel the tube going in..

Maybe you might want to worry about holding in your pee.. hahahahah.. cos after the ET, you gotta wait around 5 to 10mins for the embryologist to update you more on your other fertilised eggs..

Good luck!

Awww, I see hahah thank you. And wish you all the best in this TWW! Hugs & baby dust!!

Just went for my review after ET, from the 21 follicles retrieved, I have 10 good eggs, 6 already fertilised and 4 about to, another 4 still in the unsure stage, need to monitor for a few more days. Dr say in terms of egg quality, out for 21, 14 eggs are of good quality and sperm managed to fertilise 10, so far so good. He say will let all grow to blastocysts and let us know on day 5/6 how many made it. We will freeze all eggs cuz of my mild ohss and polyp. Will arrange to remove polyp first before we start the frozen cycle.
I feel every stage there are things to worry about. After retrieval, I was worried about the eggs quality. After knowing its all good, I worry about them maturing to blastocysts and how many and after that will be if they can survive the freeze.

Trying to keep it positive and not rush the process.

Anyone know if we will be under sedation for polyp removal? And if i can do some exercise now since I'm not doing any transfers yet?

Just went for my review after ET, from the 21 follicles retrieved, I have 10 good eggs, 6 already fertilised and 4 about to, another 4 still in the unsure stage, need to monitor for a few more days. Dr say in terms of egg quality, out for 21, 14 eggs are of good quality and sperm managed to fertilise 10, so far so good. He say will let all grow to blastocysts and let us know on day 5/6 how many made it. We will freeze all eggs cuz of my mild ohss and polyp. Will arrange to remove polyp first before we start the frozen cycle.
I feel every stage there are things to worry about. After retrieval, I was worried about the eggs quality. After knowing its all good, I worry about them maturing to blastocysts and how many and after that will be if they can survive the freeze.

Anyone know if we will be under sedation for polyp removal? And if i can do some exercise now since I'm not doing any transfers yet?
i am under GA when removing polyp

I started with natural FET. Suddenly my ovulation decided to delay. Lol. So all the scans are wasting and eggs still not up to its size. So we cancelled that cycle.

So moving on, we used medicated fet instead, easier and more on schedule. I was given only progynova and crinon gel
I’m on medicated FET, the nurse ask me to call them Need to do blood test again, before pygonova start(when menses day 1-3), but the flow is not much, don’t know Is it normal?

I’m on medicated FET, the nurse ask me to call them Need to do blood test again, before pygonova start(when menses day 1-3), but the flow is not much, don’t know Is it normal?
I don't think it's not normal per se. Cos I had few times with less flow than usual. It doesn't impact the FET.

Hi everyone,
I had my ET on 2 September, today consider day 6. Got feeling mensus is coming today, this monik got small amount of bleeding.
So worried.. Is this sign of implementation? Is it normal? But today is due to come mensus too..

Hi everyone,
I had my ET on 2 September, today consider day 6. Got feeling mensus is coming today, this monik got small amount of bleeding.
So worried.. Is this sign of implementation? Is it normal? But today is due to come mensus too..
Hi. Its impossible to have menses too early after egg transfer (eventhough if it failed, touch wood) cos you are still on Two weeks waiting. Were u on medicated FET? When will be your beta test? It could be sign of implantation with small bleeding.

Hi, I’m schedule for natural FET cycle this month. But my period is late for 2 days. Will it affect my natural FET cycle?

Hi, I’m schedule for natural FET cycle this month. But my period is late for 2 days. Will it affect my natural FET cycle?
If you are regular this cycle then it will be good. They will do scan to see if the eggs are good in size, and uterine lining is suitable.

I had my natural fet cancelled bcos during that time, my eggs grew so slowly and it past the timing required. They expected egg maturity by day 10-12..but after day 16 my eggs still small. So we had it cancelled.

If you are regular this cycle then it will be good. They will do scan to see if the eggs are good in size, and uterine lining is suitable.

I had my natural fet cancelled bcos during that time, my eggs grew so slowly and it past the timing required. They expected egg maturity by day 10-12..but after day 16 my eggs still small. So we had it cancelled.

Oh okay, thanks for the info! Oh dear, did you change to medicated FET after this?

Hi fellow TTC ladies!!

A friend and I were talking about fertility related matters and decided to start this platform for couples in Singapore to come together to share their experiences and knowledge...

Basically we want to be a one stop shop for couples starting on, going through or already succeeded in their journey to conceive because we want to create a community to provide moral support and cross share information..

I have been posting on my IUI journey on IG stories (check highlights). I'm currently on my 2WW and my next step will be IVF. If I have to reach that stage, I will be documenting that as well.

We also posted our first TTC story of a fellow ally last night.

If you are keen, or know of a couple who are trying or who have tried, do support us and encourage them to follow us on IG :)

IG handle: @Cradleofallies

Hi al! Just want to ask if anyone changed their doc during FET? I’ve been seeing Dr Khong, and wondering in the coming FET will I be able to change to Dr. Jessie? Anyone can advise? :)

I have failed two previous medicated frozen transfer and is currently on TWW for my third transfer, this time round I embarked on natural cycle and is also on blood thining medicine for my sticky blood issue (which apparently affects implantation). Today is 4DP4DT, no symptoms of any sorts. Kinda worried.

Yeap you will be under GA, I did my procedure late last year but only just started my 1st cycle this month ◡̈

Hi al! Just want to ask if anyone changed their doc during FET? I’ve been seeing Dr Khong, and wondering in the coming FET will I be able to change to Dr. Jessie? Anyone can advise? :)
Hi ! Are you with KK IVF too? Seems like most ladies have positive comments for Dr Jessie but I hardly recall speaking to my assigned doc - Dr Tan. Has anyone with KKIVF tried to switch Doc? Not sure if it’s just me but the overall experience at KK is quite confusing and information is not very clear and piecemeal. My Oocyte pickup is scheduled coming Monday, even that is not clearly communicated.
Only after I left and called the clinic again, then they told me I’ll be on 2 wks HL.
Don’t get me started on the wait at the pharmacy.....
Maybe this is how public hospitals operate :rolleyes:

Hi ! Are you with KK IVF too? Seems like most ladies have positive comments for Dr Jessie but I hardly recall speaking to my assigned doc - Dr Tan. Has anyone with KKIVF tried to switch Doc? Not sure if it’s just me but the overall experience at KK is quite confusing and information is not very clear and piecemeal. My Oocyte pickup is scheduled coming Monday, even that is not clearly communicated.
Only after I left and called the clinic again, then they told me I’ll be on 2 wks HL.

Hi I’m under KK. I switched doctor before I went for the BCCC. They would like the new doctor to see you first before you start the cycle. As this is my first fresh cycle, HL was given from the oocyte pickup to the blood test date for me is 19 days.

Hey! I’m in KKIVF too. Currently on my 2ww, just did my first fresh ET on Tuesday. If you’re under subsidy like me, I understand what you’re going through. I’m given 20 days HL since the oocyte pick up. My Doc In charge is another Doctor. But I’m lucky enough that both the ER and ET procedures are done by Dr Jessie. She’s warm and bubbly and I understand why many like her and I also know her from reading the threads in this forum hahah.

But in the end, my conclusion would be medications/prescriptions are pretty standard across Doctors and Hospitals :) KKIVF is has a high volume of patients, but I see that they’re trying their very best to provide the best service they can for everyone so I understand why every appt/phone call can be quite “summarised”.

so what I do is list down and plan what I want to ask and ask the team of Doctors and Nurses. They’re always more than happy to assist.

Hi I’m under KK. I switched doctor before I went for the BCCC. They would like the new doctor to see you first before you start the cycle. As this is my first fresh cycle, HL was given from the oocyte pickup to the blood test date for me is 19 days.

Hi Risther, are you on your 2ww too? Omg these few days and the following week feeels so dreadful/anxious I’m trying my best to relax and not read too much forums or online articles about IVF and pregnancy symptoms. But allocate 30 min after dinner to read up and that’s it. Or else I’ll go craycray. Hahah! But I’m mentally and emotionally preparing myself for whatever the outcome will be

Hi. Its impossible to have menses too early after egg transfer (eventhough if it failed, touch wood) cos you are still on Two weeks waiting. Were u on medicated FET? When will be your beta test? It could be sign of implantation with small bleeding.
Hi..
Called up kkh done beta test.. Is negative result.. Hhmmnn.. Not sure wat to do next...

I think you may need to contact kkh tomorrow? This is because last week I heard that ivf is stopped for all hospitals including kkh.

IVF consultation duration really depends on the doctor and ur menses. Can be long can be short... Mine took several months because of my period delays
I have try 2 IVF which i have bad experience with the nurse and doctor . not on time when doing IVF and no proper consultation . Failed for both time . But some meet good doctor, may be i am unlucky. They never give advised and always ask us what we decided to do . If financial affortable please try better clinic and doctor to save time and have better result

Hi , anyone can advise Dr Ann Tan Charger? I am not financial strong but wish to have a good dr for my IVF. I have try 2 times IVF but failed and the experience is very bad and no proper consultation and been not taking care for the whole process. Make me frustrated and decided to stop trying after IVF failure. But now due to age issue, we hope to get a good doctor for trying another IVF. Someone recommended dr Ann Tan , but because i am afraid the charges is too high and we can not afford, how can we check the overall cost before we start? i have book for an appointment with her by end of the month, but.... i still not sure can I afford the cost. Now feel stress and stuggling ... who can advise me ?

Hi , anyone can advise Dr Ann Tan Charger? I am not financial strong but wish to have a good dr for my IVF. I have try 2 times IVF but failed and the experience is very bad and no proper consultation and been not taking care for the whole process. Make me frustrated and decided to stop trying after IVF failure. But now due to age issue, we hope to get a good doctor for trying another IVF. Someone recommended dr Ann Tan , but because i am afraid the charges is too high and we can not afford, how can we check the overall cost before we start? i have book for an appointment with her by end of the month, but.... i still not sure can I afford the cost. Now feel stress and stuggling ... who can advise me ?
Easily $18K to $20K for private. This includes all the tests, ET, ER and med for 1 fresh cycle.

The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst and only 4 are of good grades and can be frozen. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?

Last edited:
The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst and only 4 are of good grades and can be frozen. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?

can I know which hospital you doing with? I understand kkh don report the status of the embryos?
Thanks

Hi all, I am new here too! I am with NUH Prof PC Wong and will be starting my Norethisterone medicine in a few days.

I read on some past IVF threads that some ladies took immunocal during their IVF cycle. Any other ladies have taken that recently? It seems quite hard to find it in Singapore...

can I know which hospital you doing with? I understand kkh don report the status of the embryos?
Thanks
Hello, I'm with kkh and this is my first cycle so not sure if they usually don't share status of embryos.

I spoke to my doctor on day 2 and he also shared the status on day 2 and told me to expect a call from the embryologist by end of the week on the status.

Hi all, I am new here too! I am with NUH Prof PC Wong and will be starting my Norethisterone medicine in a few days.

I read on some past IVF threads that some ladies took immunocal during their IVF cycle. Any other ladies have taken that recently? It seems quite hard to find it in Singapore...

Hi, i did my first IVF in july. I bought immunocal from OG bugis at $106 for 30 sachets. You can get them at any OF outlet. I did my IVF at NUH too.

I’ve read in this forum and elsewhere of ladies being successful with C grade blast. I myself only have 2 C grade blast frozen now, and transferring 1 next Wed. In March I transferred 1 C grade and it failed.

At my last scan for FET, the review doctor was Dr Chua and told me to not look at the grade because by being Day5 blast it is strong enough. My own doc, Dr Jessie also told me before that she had patients who can fail with A blast but finally succeed with C. All the best and stay positive.

Hello, I'm with kkh and this is my first cycle so not sure if they usually don't share status of embryos.

I spoke to my doctor on day 2 and he also shared the status on day 2 and told me to expect a call from the embryologist by end of the week on the status.

thanks for this! May I know yr age?
Anyone did ivf due to blocked Fallopian tube?

I’ve read in this forum and elsewhere of ladies being successful with C grade blast. I myself only have 2 C grade blast frozen now, and transferring 1 next Wed. In March I transferred 1 C grade and it failed.

At my last scan for FET, the review doctor was Dr Chua and told me to not look at the grade because by being Day5 blast it is strong enough. My own doc, Dr Jessie also told me before that she had patients who can fail with A blast but finally succeed with C. All the best and stay positive.
Thank you! Will try to stay positive! All the best to your transfer next week!

Hi Risther, are you on your 2ww too? Omg these few days and the following week feeels so dreadful/anxious I’m trying my best to relax and not read too much forums or online articles about IVF and pregnancy symptoms. But allocate 30 min after dinner to read up and that’s it. Or else I’ll go craycray. Hahah! But I’m mentally and emotionally preparing myself for whatever the outcome will be

Hilo! Nope not in TWW anymore.

Hi I took Immunocal during my stimms and continue to take also after I fail my cycle too to prepare for next cycle.

It cost $111 now and I order direct from Fung & Goh Pharmaceutical. 2 boxes and above for free delivery.

yes I’m with KKH, with current doc had 2 failed fresh cycle and 1 FET (done by Dr. Jessie) and has Chem preg. Going for my 2nd FET soon after Monday blood test result. Hoping to transfer 2 blasts this round. So really wish its gonna be worth it! :) yea the waiting time is standard.. haha

I have no issues with kkh. From my experience, it is all well communicated to me. And end of the day, it is still the best hospital in SG for women and children issues. Even the private expensive hospital cannot handle complicated events/ procedure and pushed too kkh to settle their patients. Lol.

Back