Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Which method did you gals went for, IVF or ICSI? Anyone knows the pros and cons?

I’m first timer for this. Doc did tell me safer to opt for natural n ICSI together as there might be risk for nil fertilisation. Went along with her since is first fresh cycle. ICSI has higher fertilisation success but also has slightly more abnormalities than conventional IVF.

I’m first timer for this. Doc did tell me safer to opt for natural n ICSI together as there might be risk for nil fertilisation. Went along with her since is first fresh cycle. ICSI has higher fertilisation success but also has slightly more abnormalities than conventional IVF.
Thank you.. i am with kkh too.. Doc asked me to consider which method, maybe i can ask if i can try for both. Also am concern of the higher abnormalities

Which method did you gals went for, IVF or ICSI? Anyone knows the pros and cons?
Preferred IVF cuz somehow still 'natural' but we signed consent for both and let doctor decide.
Will be starting our first ivf in my Aug cycle. Baby dust to all!

Hi all, ill be going for my first ivf with kkh next month under dr jessie phoon. Can i asked if anyone has been through the PGS test before and can you kindly share your experience?
My husband and i had been TTC for past 4 years with 3 miscarriages under unexplainable as well. All tests came out well and normal.
So dr phoon suggested me to go for PGS.
Please keep in mind that PGS is itself just a purely diagnostic procedure that can only identify good viable embryos. It is by itself not a form of treatment, and does not in any way improve the quality of your eggs, sperm or embryos. It is good for telling you the reason why your IVF treatment is not successful. To improve the quality of eggs, sperm or embryos, the only way is to take appropriate fertility supplements, and adopting a healthier lifestyle.

Last edited:
Hi all, ill be going for my first ivf with kkh next month under dr jessie phoon. Can i asked if anyone has been through the PGS test before and can you kindly share your experience?
My husband and i had been TTC for past 4 years with 3 miscarriages under unexplainable as well. All tests came out well and normal.
Please see the following video podcasts. It describes the risk of PGS resulting in no embryos left for the patients to transfer. Some embryos that are tested to be abnormal during PGS are in fact mosaic embryos that contain a mixture of normal and abnormal cells. Some mosaic embryos can in fact can give rise to a normal healthy birth. Hence, by discarding such mosaic embryos that test abnormal during PGS, one would lower the cumulative chances of IVF success:

As seen in the attached diagram of a blastocyst stage embryo, the ICM gives rise to the embryo, while the TE gives rise to the placenta and yolk sac. Testing a few cells from the TE only gives you a probability about what's going on in the ICM. An embryo with abnormal (aneuploid) TE but normal ICM most likely will still make a healthy baby.

Attachments

• 96390591_10158172793240218_4673627435474878464_o.jpg
    96390591_10158172793240218_4673627435474878464_o.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Latest scientific news - mosaic embryos can self-correct and give rise to normal births ! PGS / PGT-A may not even be necessary !

Here are some relevant articles:

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Wanted to start fresh cycle in 3months time. Wanted to know what supplements are gd? I heard ant Ubiquinol? Does anyone takes that? Thank u

Hi ladies. Wanted to start fresh cycle in 3months time. Wanted to know what supplements are gd? I heard ant Ubiquinol? Does anyone takes that? Thank u
Doc nvr recommend to me but the nurse did say coq10/ubiquitous can take, which I did. She also told me to eat avocado. I also heard red bean soup good for lining. But doc did dispense folic acid

Hi everyone, I’ve been following the threads and learning a lot.
I had my FET done at KKH last week and am on Crinone progesterone gel inserts. My blood test is next Wed but today I started bleeding. It’s been about 10 days after FET.
Not sure if I should still continue with progesterone inserts. Can’t call the clinic coz it’s public holiday today.
A little bit sad if this means FET didn’t work. Still hopeful but am preparing for the worst...

Hi everyone, I’ve been following the threads and learning a lot.
I had my FET done at KKH last week and am on Crinone progesterone gel inserts. My blood test is next Wed but today I started bleeding. It’s been about 10 days after FET.
Not sure if I should still continue with progesterone inserts. Can’t call the clinic coz it’s public holiday today.
A little bit sad if this means FET didn’t work. Still hopeful but am preparing for the worst...
Spotting/bleeding is pretty common, please don't stop your medication before bt, it can be dangerous if the embryo did implant. Perhaps you can call them when available and see if can arrange for earlier bt?

Spotting/bleeding is pretty common, please don't stop your medication before bt, it can be dangerous if the embryo did implant. Perhaps you can call them when available and see if can arrange for earlier bt?
Thank you for the reassurance.
So it’s okay to continue with the progesterone vaginal inserts even if one is bleeding?
It’s getting heavier now and according to my usual period cycle, I’m suppose to have my period today or tomorrow actually. Not sure if that’s possible especially since we’ve taken all the hormone shots and have gone for ER and all that.

Thank you for the reassurance.
So it’s okay to continue with the progesterone vaginal inserts even if one is bleeding?
It’s getting heavier now and according to my usual period cycle, I’m suppose to have my period today or tomorrow actually. Not sure if that’s possible especially since we’ve taken all the hormone shots and have gone for ER and all that.
It can be pretty inconvenient or uncomfortable but do continue your inserts until you hear from them on your next steps. My SIL had period-like bleeding but was successful, so do what you can to keep it going until bt! All the best to you!

It can be pretty inconvenient or uncomfortable but do continue your inserts until you hear from them on your next steps. My SIL had period-like bleeding but was successful, so do what you can to keep it going until bt! All the best to you!
Thanks for the encouragement. That’s really awesome to hear about your SIL! I’ll continue with the meds.

Just to update... I'm pregnant.
Today at 13dp5dt, my beta HCG came back 284...a bit low? But I'm grateful that atleast I heard "congrats you are pregnant!" please pray for me, for us!

Yesterday I went for my first scan@ 6week4days, I saw the heartbeat flutter awwwwwwwww.....

Last week was scary thou, I suddenly had bleeding gushing out, they increased the progesterone dosage for me and bleeding stopped. Thou I still have occasional spotting.

All the best everyone!

Yesterday I went for my first scan@ 6week4days, I saw the heartbeat flutter awwwwwwwww.....

Last week was scary thou, I suddenly had bleeding gushing out, they increased the progesterone dosage for me and bleeding stopped. Thou I still have occasional spotting.

All the best everyone!
So exciting!! :) When will be the next scan? I'm happy for u!

All the best everyone!
omg congrats :)

Hello ladies,

I am contemplating to choose which KKIVF Doctors for my Frozen cycle. My successful IVF with my eldest daughter in 2017 with Dr Tang Heng Hao and she is turning 3 yrs old soon.

But Unfortunately Dr Tan Heng Hao has since left kkh now, i really do not know who to choose from, Dr Jessie Phoon or Dr Jerry Chan or Dr Kong CC...

NO DOUBT Dr Sandhana is good, but my honest review on her, we do not have that "Dr and patient chemistry" like we had with Dr SF Loh and Dr Tan Heng Hao. If Dr Tan Heng Hao still around I will still choose him. VERY PROFESSIONAL Doctor!!!

This is my 1st frozen cycle after giving birth my ivf baby in 2017 with Dr Tan Heng Hao. And am really need your help? Which doctor is good, very gentle, and doctor that can really interact with us like willing to answer to our questions if we are unsure on certain things.

Thank you ladies...

Just to update... I'm pregnant.
Today at 13dp5dt, my beta HCG came back 284...a bit low? But I'm grateful that atleast I heard "congrats you are pregnant!" please pray for me, for us!

Congratulation on your successful ivf. May I know which doctor did you consult to?

Congratulation on your successful ivf. May I know which doctor did you consult to?

I'm with Dr Jerry. 3 FET with him.

1st and 2nd I had miscarriage. Now the third... I still have 6 eggs in the storage. If in future we want kids again, I will want dr Jerry to be my doctor again. He is a very quiet and chill person, a man with few words but gentle with us too....

I'm with Dr Jerry. 3 FET with him.

1st and 2nd I had miscarriage. Now the third... I still have 6 eggs in the storage. If in future we want kids again, I will want dr Jerry to be my doctor again. He is a very quiet and chill person, a man with few words but gentle with us too....

I am left with 3 eggs in the storage. My very 1st appointment with Dr Jerry will be on 18th August. Hopefully all goes well for me...

Hi all,

I was also with Dr Tan and delivered my first child in 2015. He was nice and gentle indeed. I'm now trying for 2nd child. Just did egg retrieval today. Hope everything goes well for this cycle.

Cheers to everyone here!

From my understanding, ivf in public hospital is considered as private. Only the initial consultation is subsidised, but once step in to ivf Centre in the public hospital, all billings are private. And yes entitled to govt Co fund and medisave.

I'm with kkh, consultation at Clinic D are subsidised but when entering KKiVF (after signing the form for further egg transfer/fresh cycle) the bills are all privatised but I'm eligible for cofund and medisave
Hi Im also at clinic D. Just got the consent form for IVF. But since the rates will be privatised, will I be able to choose a Doc?

Dear Ladies, I have 2 DHEA bought from iHerb early this year, unopened & still sealed. As I’ve conceived naturally after 2 months of the DHEA taking, here the extra to let go.

Please pm me if you interested:

1 for $8,
2 for $15 (left over 1 clearblue unopened if you want)

DHEA Expiry 9/2021

Lots of baby dust to you all!
View attachment 722178
Hi I would like to get these from you...

Hi Im also at clinic D. Just got the consent form for IVF. But since the rates will be privatised, will I be able to choose a Doc?
Yes you can indicate your preferred doctor when you made the first appointment. However, some doctors are popular and busier so they may persuade you to take other doctors.

Thank you so much. Any doctors to recommend. Im really clueless
I can only recommend my doctor lol cos I don't know anyone else. I'm with Dr Jerry Chan. Egg extraction last year August.
First egg transfer in November, a chemical pregnancy. Second egg transfer in Feb, miscarriage at 7 weeks. Third egg transfer in June, now I'm 6 weeks+ saw heartbeat this week. Ofcourse the first two losses were nothing to do with Dr Jerry. Its the fate of my embryos.

Dr Jerry is a man with few words, but if you have any doubt, can always ask him, he will definitely answer your queries. I had no issues with him, he was gentle with me.

I can only recommend my doctor lol cos I don't know anyone else. I'm with Dr Jerry Chan. Egg extraction last year August.
First egg transfer in November, a chemical pregnancy. Second egg transfer in Feb, miscarriage at 7 weeks. Third egg transfer in June, now I'm 6 weeks+ saw heartbeat this week. Ofcourse the first two losses were nothing to do with Dr Jerry. Its the fate of my embryos.

Dr Jerry is a man with few words, but if you have any doubt, can always ask him, he will definitely answer your queries. I had no issues with him, he was gentle with me.
Thank you!! Really appreciate your feedback. At least I have a name now. Good luck super happy for u

Hi All,

I am 40 years old, did fresh IVF cycle in 2013 in Singapore, managed to get 4 fertilized embryos.

1 embryo was transferred in fresh cycle - failed
2 embryos transferred in thaw cycle in 2014 - failed
1 embryo still in the freezer.

Between 2015 to 2018, underwent laparoscopy and an IVF cycle in another country managed to get 4 embryos but still unsuccessful to conceive.
2 embryos transferred in the thaw cycle in 2018 - failed
2 embryos still in the freezer. I am not sure if these embryos can be imported in Singapore. Have anyone tried to import the embryos to Singapore?

Anyways now, as 1 Day 3 embryo is remaining in Singapore from my IVF done in 2013, my doc is suggesting to go ahead with FET with this. I am quite indecisive on the matter to proceed with only an embryo as my history of failure to conceive so far.

To initiate the IVF cycle here in Singapore, we underwent the interim blood test and the results are as below: I think, I need to work on my TSH but as per doc, it is ok. Please advise.
TSH: 2.76 mIU/L
FSH: 7.8 IU/L
AMH: 15.5 pmol/L

Please advise if I shall go ahead with doc advice or go for a fresh cycle to get more embryos and then go ahead with the 2013 embryo inclusive.
Also, pls share your experiences regarding the impact on price and timeline for thaw V/s fresh cycle.

TIA..

Hi All,

I am 40 years old, did fresh IVF cycle in 2013 in Singapore, managed to get 4 fertilized embryos.

1 embryo was transferred in fresh cycle - failed
2 embryos transferred in thaw cycle in 2014 - failed
1 embryo still in the freezer.

Between 2015 to 2018, underwent laparoscopy and an IVF cycle in another country managed to get 4 embryos but still unsuccessful to conceive.
2 embryos transferred in the thaw cycle in 2018 - failed
2 embryos still in the freezer. I am not sure if these embryos can be imported in Singapore. Have anyone tried to import the embryos to Singapore?

Anyways now, as 1 Day 3 embryo is remaining in Singapore from my IVF done in 2013, my doc is suggesting to go ahead with FET with this. I am quite indecisive on the matter to proceed with only an embryo as my history of failure to conceive so far.

To initiate the IVF cycle here in Singapore, we underwent the interim blood test and the results are as below: I think, I need to work on my TSH but as per doc, it is ok. Please advise.
TSH: 2.76 mIU/L
FSH: 7.8 IU/L
AMH: 15.5 pmol/L

Please advise if I shall go ahead with doc advice or go for a fresh cycle to get more embryos and then go ahead with the 2013 embryo inclusive.
Also, pls share your experiences regarding the impact on price and timeline for thaw V/s fresh cycle.

TIA..
Not too sure on the import but Singapore is quite strict so you can check with the local ivf centre that you did your ivf.

Thaw cycle costs about $4K to $5K and you can skip all the injections and straight to transfer so it is only 2 weeks wait while fresh cycle will cost abt $12K to $15K in govt hospitals. Since you have a history, it may be advisable to go for 1 more fresh and transfer together. It may potentially save you one more roller coaster ride and $4K to $5K. It is still your choice, you should discuss your concerns with your doctor and listen to their recommendation.

Back