Any Porridge Recipies to Share??

sungrapes,I steam fish than use big metal spoon to crush it to make it mashy and look for bones.

Mummies,can I know what kind of sieve do you use and where can I buy it.I've no idea at all.All the long I use slow cooker and cook porridge for min. 4 to 5 hrs.

<font color="aa00aa">tyrantmum:
i get those normal kind for tea and coffee. its small so easy to handle.

4-5 hrs? wah.. thats a long time.

i use the steamer. at most 1.5 hrs done! then i do the sieving. but it depends on the type of rice you use also.</font>

tyrantmum,
sieve can get frm Diaso(correct spelling?) the $2 shop at IMM..got all kinds of sizes..other supermart sell abt $4+ cheapest.

But ur bb 9.5mo, no need sieve liao rite?

Tot slow cooker max 2hrs can liao?

PSI,
Wat kind of rice is best?

Any mummies using the AMC brand of pressure cooker? i hav but dun noe how to use..got as gift.

<font color="aa00aa">sungrapes:
i wont say which rice is best cuz i havent tried all kinds of rice.

what do you mean?

brown rice? when i first prepared the brown rice, i soak it overnight then use it the next day. the cooking time is cut down. but the rice cant go through the sieve. the husk cant.. but the inside the rice grain will be exposed so will go through.

then i just grind the brown rice to cook lor.</font>

hi mummies..

you can also try to get heinz rice cereal, normal or the organic type. Very fine rice cereal..add some fruits puree or even cooked vegetables to it taste yummy for the babies starting on semi-solid..

Hi Mummies,can I know what type of brown rice can be cooked into puree faster?I use slow cooker for about 4-5 hrs to cook lunch for my baby,very electric consuming!Pls. adv.Tks.

pSi,if you soak yr rice overnight than sieve why must you grind again?How old is yr baby?

<font color="aa00aa">tyrantmum:
i did this when my girl was abt 6 months old. first method: soak over night and cook and sieve.
but the husks dont go through... only the rice grain.

then i thought like that like no nutrients like eating white rice... so
method no.2 : grind and cook</font>

Dear mommies,

the link that i had were having problems in their server, thus, the link seem to be missing... thus, i cannot send u the link anymore..

if the link is up, then i let u all noe...

or if any1 did a backup to keep those recipes, please send it to us again... thanks!

can i chk with all the mummies,my boy just turn 6mths...what can i start him on?plain porridge or with spinach?fish?

Hi Thumbprint

When the link is up, can u PM me the link as well? Tks!

I'll be introducing porridge to my boy tis sat & since it's my 1st attempt to cook porridge for him, will cook something simple so tt i won't b stressed out
happy.gif
I'm wondering whether can i jus cook the porridge w sweet potato or carrot without putting in any stock? Will the porridge taste nice?

hello mommies, the link is up.. i have emailed and PM you.. Please send me a PM if i have missed out anyone.. thanks and have fun experimenting the recipes...

thumbprint
did not receive ur pm..pm means i will receive in my email, right?sorry, so suaku..first time using ..can send again? thanx

Hi all,
My boy now is 7mths plus..initial i start him on rice cereal..he ate a bit..nw he refused to eat cereal..even pureed potatos and sweet potatos he also dnt want..when i feed him he vomited...

instead he wants to eat bread..when given to him..so wht can i do..any advise?

Sindy,
I having the same problem as you too. at the beginning, my son will eat a bit of cereal. then refuse cereal and take porridge. now refuse everything except Oatmeal cereal. Have you try giving porridge? My son also like bread and biscuit.

Any mom has any advise? Or should i serve oatmeal cereal to my 8mon old son for 3 meals a day? v stressful.

Karenp,
My baby still prefer milk than porridge. Usually she'll need to take her milk one hr after porridge (like milk addict :) ) She has no problem with cereal.

Ladies, i didn't read this thread frm the very beginning. But just wanna share with you based on what I've read on this page..
There's actually no rule that says you must feed your bb porridge, even if he/she does not want it or like it. Just stick with what you've been giving him/her, and try porridge again in a week's time or a month's time. You know, bbs this young know how to want variety le. So u gotto improvise sometimes.
Continue w the cereals if you have to, but maybe add something else inside iso of just serving it plain.
I remem i had a hard time w our boy when he was a bb too. At least ur bbs take to cereal, our boy at that time only liked one type..the Bio Hipp (or something) which my sister used to get for us frm Germany. His favourite? Banana
happy.gif
Think u can find this brand in Brown Rice Paradise if any of u are interested.
Otherwise, he was having yogurt and lots of it too.

as for the brown rice.., just few mths ago, a mum frm this forum shared that she was taking Sukha House's organic brown red rice which cooks like ordinary white rice. I only bought to try last week, n truly it does taste like white rice. Cooking and water quantity same like white rice too.

anyway, this is jmho and hope it helps
happy.gif

The same thing happened to my son some time ago. He was struggling with the porridge that I was feeding him. Then I realised that I needed to be more creative in the way I serve my food. My son just isn't the type to take porridge twice a day. Now, I only give him porridge once or twice a week. It's a lot easier to feed him since.

hello mommies, sorry for the late reply.
I have emailed and PMed to you oredi, if there is any i missed out, please PM me to let me noe..

i am not in this thread so often these days, so please PM me for faster response.

have fun experimenting!

hi sunsweet,
been asking myself the same q, cos i'm hopeless at cooking porr,got no patience to watch over while cooking and there's so many methods till i very blur.

i seldom make porr, instead i gv my 9mo bb potatoes/sweet potatoes, cereal, multigrains as source of carbo. i cook the potatoes with meat/fish and vege like a stew.

once a while i gv pasta.

wat abt u? any suggestions as well?

Back