Any Porridge Recipies to Share??

Recently, I logged on to dumex's website and found that they have very long exciting receipe to share. My child like their recommended quill egg spinach noodles, yoghurt cheesy potatoes. You may want to check it out as well.

Hi...jus wondering, has any mommy here started introducing beef to their babies? My baby is 8 mths old...wondering whether i can give him beef/potatoe/carrot stew puree.

peachy,
i gv my boy beef wen he ard 8mo. i stew with his fave vege like pumpkin and sweet potatoes then puree. now i cook beef with vege like a soup then puree the meat and add in porr.

great! so i can start him on beef! was thking of adding cheese for calcium as well. Wat kind of cheese wld u recommand? parmesan seems a bit salty and no soft cheeses at this moment rite?

peachy,
my PD say can gv cheddar or laughing cow brand of cream cheese, comes in cube form. but i started off with swiss cheese since less sodium..any swiss cheese is ok etc emmental/edam/babybel.

hi sungrapes, i am unfamiliar with beef but wld like to try and give my boy when he is 8mth. he is now 7mth.
may i know which part of the beef u use?
how to cook stew?
kao_blush.gif

thanks

hi spagoh,
u can buy stewing beef frm supermart or roundeye/tenderloin..get those lean type,those w/o white strips of fats running thru it type.

Actually for me, any lean cut is fine cos i puree it anyway.

STEW
i adopt a mre ang moh style of cooking for my boy.

i fry some onions with alittle oil,add the beef(cut into small chunks),fry abit till brown. Then add potatoes,carrots. Pour in some stock or water to cover the food and cook SLOW fire till evthg is nice and tender. or wen the stock is soaked up by the food. then cool and blend.

basically u can put in any veg u like..pumpkin,sweet potato etc. but of cos muz be tried and tested by ur bb b4 and no allergy reaction to them lah.

hope this helps.

thanks sungrapes for describing it so detailed.
very helpful information..at least now i know how is stew 'gravy' comes abt...
kao_biggrin.gif

but so sorry..i still have a qn...
u say buy stewing beef from supermarket...what does that means?
it is look for beef that is used for stewing?
pls pardon me hor!
kao_blush.gif

are stir fried beef suitable for stew?
erhh...what stock u use?

spagoh,
i buy my beef frm cold storage. they have prepacked beef labelled 'stewing beef/cubes'. if buy frm wet market, u juz tell seller is for bb, most times they will gv knuckle,can ask them to minced it for u.

beef for stewing r tougher cuts, oso cheaper, cos the longer u stew, the softer it becms. tenderloins r exp, i think abt $20+/kg.

i nv try stir fry beef for stew b4..shd b ok,then dun have to cook for so long.

if u have time to spare, got slow cooker, then u juz dump evthg in and cook, takes abt 2hrs or mre.

u can use vege stock cos u wan let ur bb try beef taste rite? aw, after cooking u muz blend till puree, cos no way 8mo can chew beef. my boy is 11mo, smtimes let him try minced beef oso will gag..the meat is simply 2 chewy.

glad to share..
happy.gif

Hi all
I'm gonna cook porridge for my 7mth old boy.
can tell me how many milk scoops or tablespoon of rice and water shd i use? and boil for how long?
do i throw in carrot/pumpkin and boil together?

and then smash it up right?
pls share coz i be SAHM for next few days as my mIL is on holiday and i forgot to ask her the proper way to cook porridge

now my boy can finish a bowl of cereal (abt 6 milk scoops) when i made for him on weekend.
so need to know the proportion of rice and water. thx!

min,
1 slightly heaped chinese spoon makes abt a chinese bowl of porr. the water u can put mre,cos depends on the type of consistency u want. if 2 watery, then juz scoop out the rice,pour away the excess water. cooking time oso depends on the type of porr u want. abt 1-2 hrs over stove is abt rite.

u can dice the vege and cook with rice or cook them separately in larger pcs, easier for u to smash later.

Hi Janis

I used song he brown rice and i think its pretty good consistency. For me, I mix it with normal white rice and cook in slow cooker for abt 3 hrs.

hi had been a long time since i visited here..

Thanks for the Stew idea.. think i'll try for my gal this long holiday..

I tried cooking Kway Teow soup for my gal (9 mths) she enjoys it very much.. just keep a stock plain and simple with fish/ pork slices + Spinach + Red Dates

Maybe I should let her try sandwhiches for tea.. like bread + egg yolk spread. think its good finger food for her

anymore intereste receipes to share, i would like to give more variety for my gal..

hi had been a long time since i visited here..

Thanks for the Stew idea.. think i'll try for my gal this long holiday..

I tried cooking Kway Teow soup for my gal (9 mths) she enjoys it very much.. just keep a stock plain and simple with fish/ pork slices + Spinach + Red Dates

Maybe I should let her try sandwhiches for tea.. like bread + egg yolk spread. think its good finger food for her

anymore intereste receipes to share, i would like to give more variety for my gal..

Hi Mommies...
Im new here... a 1st time mommie as well.

i was reading all ur posts.
my boy will be turning 6mths next week.

pls advise me on the feeds.

currently i hv been giving him heinz rice cereal 1scoop in his milk... diluted form.. maybe 2x a day.. morn n night, since 5mths old.

what should i start him off with?

Dear mummies,

Jus to check when making fish porridge, is any seasoning needed? Cos the fish has quite an unpleasant smell when cooked without any ginger/ salt

Kitty,

when cook for BB below 1 YO you do not need to add any kind of seasonings.

food itself will usually be sweet and tasty..
let your kid enjoy the natural taste and goodness of food..

happy.gif

My gal 17 mths old recently refused to eat all her favourite fruits, I tried new ones and yet she did not want. Should I bring her to see doc?

do you think it is necessary, tyrantmum?
she is not losing weight, is she?

why don't you improvise by juicing or making smoothies and shakes, or even into a yogurt drink for variety?

worse off, just leave her be and she will come round to taking them again

just my personal thots (thru my own experience)!
happy.gif

miracle bebe,

Do you have the most simplest recipes to mix fruits into shakes, etc. I'm 7 months pregnant, doing housework and am also looking after my eldest toddler; so very tired to make complicated stuff. Shake means fruits blend with fresh milk right? What fruits? She does'nt like sour stuff. Tks.

Hi mummies,

Can I ask a basic qn..which I am unsure, can we cook porridge in rice cooker, how much rice against water to make for BB..?

Or is crockpot better for making porridge?

Back