Any Porridge Recipies to Share??

Hi mommies,

My ds is now 6.5 months and I am just feeding him BM and rice cereal. I'm new to this porridge cooking thing and plan to start soon.

For example if I wanna do chicken stock porridge with carrots and sweet potatoes using a slow cooker...

1) do I put all chopped ingredients into slow cooker and cook then after 2 hrs just take out the veges and puree it then mix into the porridge?

or

2) just cook chicken stock porridge in slow cooker and puree vegetable seperately?

I havent gotten a blender yet. Any feedbacks about the Braun blender and U-like blender?

Hope to get some advice from experienced mommies. Thanks in advance!

Hello Chestnut,

I suggest you start porridge at 9-10months and meanwhile depend on puree or mixed purees. And when you start with chinese rice porridge, try using veggies stock first then progress to meat stock as it's better if the change of taste is not too great and this will help some babies adjust the taste easier.

And about your qnss,
It all depends on what kind of veggies are you using. If you're using the non-leafy veg such as potatoes, pumpkin or carrots, they can be added into the porridge after the rice has softened. Meaning you cook the rice grains with the stock/water first, then add the veggies.
As for leafy veg such as broccoli's florets, spinach or cabbage, you can steam them, puree then add into the porridge just before feeding.

There's actually another thread that talks mainly about blenders but I'm not sure where the thread it.. What do you want to know about them? I usually recommend U-like as it's very compact and efficient for pureeing small portion of foods.

Hope these help (=

Hi Breanda,

Actually I read from some books to start porridge abt 9-10 months too so I was surprised my PD actually asked me to start my baby on porridge and threadfin, but specify only threadfin, no ikan bilis. But I don't think I will feed him that everyday, probably 2x a week, the rest will be brown rice and pureed veges...

I suspect it might be because he is on the lighter side (abt 45 percentile) and loves to jump and move around too much.

Thanks so much for your info about the preparation, I am v clear now!

Chestnut, you're welcome
happy.gif
and there's actually a post in my blog whereby I wrote about the U-like blender, you might like to take a look.. http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/2007/07/basics-kitchen-utensils.html.. scroll down to BLENDER/MILL..

Hi Ladies, I have AMC Classic set to sell. Given as gift and has no use for. It is brand new. still wrapped in boxes. Pls PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Hi, i am looking for indivual AMC pot, cos usually they sell in sets which is very very expensive... :-( I dont mind to buy the second hand one as long it is still in good condition... Anybody want to sell? Thanks..

Hi, can I check for those with the AMC pots, do you have the recipe book? I accidentally threw away my MIL's book (bilingual - English & Chinese) when we shifted house recently. If you have, can you kindly pm me so that I can arrange to make a copy of it and pass it to her? Thanks in advance!

Mummies, Sylvia here. I need help here....

Have been trying to wean my boy since 5 months and recently he just started to have his purée smoothly for about a month, but this few days he started to make noise 2-3 mins after we put him in high chair or after 2-3 scoop of purée...

He's 7 1/2 months now. Still unable to give him porridge....

He's having baby rice and pumpkin, broccoli , apple and etc purée together.

Really don' know what to do now as his meal time always make me exhausted and helpless....

Back