Any Mummy Who's Also a Teacher?

Hi trishbb,
I also have no help. I am alone with my girl since she is born. She is 23 months now. I dare not think of having a second one cuz I know I CAN'T cope. I am still breastfeeding her, hence when she is sleeping, I am with my pump. Takes up a lot of my time. I hardly get enough rest.

Blessed,
If you want just any cookie cutter in any shape, I saw some in NTUC, or your can go to daiso to buy. I don't bake but I bought a few of the cookie cutters for my girl to play with play-doh
happy.gif
Somehow I feel that real cookie cutters cut better than play doh cutters. Also, I had some from last time when I used to cut the clay for my pupils to make into magnets during A/C lessons
happy.gif

hi blessed,

i also fall in love with the mickey, minnie and pooh cutters,went to daiso to find,but they don't have mickey, minnie and pooh cutters,but got other shapes..hehe,but i only 1 to buy the mickey, minnie and pooh cutters

hi priscilla,

so nice and sweet the cutters,how to use v post to order?i dunno how to read jap,the shop got outlets all over japan?the cutters are not sold in spore?

hi all, i feel so stress up in teaching while pregnant. scolding and shouting at notorious pupils really make me so uncomf inside. if i dun bother them, the class will be in a terrible situation..sometimes emotions jus rise up and very depressed.really wish to be away from sch but i am on bond
sad.gif

hi blessed

I gave birth in oct 2005. Took maternity for 2 mths from mid sept to mid nov. Didnt take for dec. then took again 1 mth in jan 2006. Went on to take NPL from feb to aug 2006. Went back to work in Sept 2006. By right, my bond should have ended june 2006 but kanna extended to march 2007.

Called the HR people..they say maternity don need pay back...but holidays during NPL have to pay back...something along this line... anyway I'm just glad that my bond is over!!! Hurray!! ;p

Hi good gal

You have to sign up for VPost and pay a fee and they will provide you their address in Japan and if you buy more than 3000yen from rakuten website, they will deliver free to the japan address. And then VPost to send it to you and you have to foot the postage then.

You have to sign up for membership in rakbuten and use VPost address. You can use translator online to translate the Japanese to English.

Rakbuten is the manufacturer and only the major departmental store carrying the products and they do not have all the products so you might not be able to find all of them.

You can try Isetan and Taka in Singapore to see if you can find or try ebay or yahoo auction too.

I bought them basically for ds who loves to bake. In fact now I am looking for Thomas the tank engine and friends jelly mould and cars as well.

Hi HY

You are so fortunate that the school allowed you to spilt up your maternity leave into 2 months and one months.

Yes, all maternity leave do not need to pay back but all other NPL and holidays need to pay back to be fair to the rest who are serving their bonds. It is the same if you take study leave and go overseas to study during your bond period and when you return, you still need to pay back the bond.

Yes, they have very complicated calculation of paying back shool hoildays during NPL. Hence to make things simplier for myself, My NPL is from 1st jan to 31st Dec
happy.gif

hi all, i m teaching too. Took npl for 8 mths las yr, then resume to work, then maternity leave til lately jus reported work. Nice to meet u all here.

HY: It is indeed wonderful news for u that ur bond is over! So nw r u still in the svc?
can u pm me the no of HR cos wanna ask them if I deliver in 3 Dec, does my maternity leave start then or I can start in Jan 08 since it is sch hols. (I suspected that I mayb preg as my HB and I planned 2 conceive n I miss my period for 2 days, will do a test soon and hopefully I m preg!)

Goodgal: Do u know how to read jap? heehee, went into the jap website and v confused! I m gg to Shanghai this June mayb can find some nice cookie cutters, if possible the same and update u ladies!
happy.gif

Hi blessed,
Maternity starts the day your baby is born. So If baby is born on 8th Dec, then got to lose your dec hols.

hi all,i m cyrrently on npl.if after npl i want to do part time teaching,do i apply for it thru moe before they post me 2 sch or do i get posted to a school and request p to let me teach part time load?anyone has an idea on this?

peewee and trish,can i ask how long u intend to take npl?

trish,you r not the only one who is going crazy.there is another one typing this message here...haha

I went on maternity leave 1 mth before due date. U can apply leave up to 4 weeks before your due date as certified by your gynae... so talk to your gynae about it.... ;p

blessed: which zone are u in? they have different hr officers for each zone...

Hi Tyan,
I might extend my npl for another yr, since max is 3yrs. No intention to employ maid, so don't think can cope if I go back to work next yr. I did part-time teaching for 6mths last yr, don't think I'll try again. :< too tiring!

You might need to apply at least two mths before you're due to report for work.

Hi PeeWee,
Wow, I only manage to BF my elder gal till she's 9mths. Found it difficult to use pump, can only BF direct, stopped when she started biting me and cos going back to work.

How many times do you need to pump to maintain supply? Hope to BF my bb as long as I'm on NPL.

hi.. i'll be gg on a tour to tokyo in abt 3 weeks time. do u think the cookies cutters are sold there? if i can find them there & it's cheap enough, think i can help to bring back a few sets.

hi mary,

can help me to buy 1 mickey set,2 pooh sets(1 wif pooh and tigger,the other 1 pooh with another 1),ok?thanks

hi blessed,

we c if mary can get 1st,then order via v post?
u can pm me also :>

okie goodgal,
got ur orders. hopefully can find them in tokyo. they are so cute that i also want to buy them for myself.
i'll let u know if i can get them when i come back. shld be by the end of april. can?

Hi HY: I m in the South Zone. Confirm is it maternity will start on the first day my child is born?
Oh dear, then may ve to forfeit the dec break. sob sob

hi mary,

thanks so much for ur help!
if really can't find,then the 3 of u(blessed,u and i)will order together via vpost,enjoy ur trip:>

blessed: Me in north..might want to ask ya office clerk for the number to call then...they take a long time to reply via email...

u can start as early as up to 4 wks before child's birth... if not..it'll start the day your child is born...

hi trishbb,
I pump 4 times a day. I used to have lots of extra for freezing. Slowly my supply dropped though I am still pumping the same number of times. I think it is to be expected. Now I need to supplement with my frozen milk. Sigh... So sad..

Hi Tyan,
I think I should be going back to work next Jan. No money already... sob sob

Hi all
happy.gif

I am also a teacher on NPL. Enjoying my second year of NPL. Returned to work after my first NPL ended, my son couldn't cope without me. So extended another year. Never regret extending!
happy.gif

blessed,congrats!

hi raldmom,welcome and good for you for NPL!

MOE just sent me a letter to say they overpaid me,want me to write cheque to return hundreds of dollars!sigh

hi Tyan,
I think if u r still a tr, can opt for 1/2 time in which the rate is better than adjunct. can chk with HQ or sch admin.
happy.gif
hee, i blur sia, me not preg! the faint line was there even b4 i tested. "kong huan xi yi chang".

Hi m a new member n I am a teacher too
happy.gif
glad to join this forum
happy.gif

Tyan, u have the same name as I do:D I was so shocked when i saw ur name
happy.gif
n we share the same fate, MOE also sent me a letter to say they overpaid me during my npl in 05,n i had to write a cheque to return a few k!
sad.gif

blessed, i m in the south zone too
happy.gif
my fren resigned and went back to prev school to be adjunct, or part time, actually sch can promise alot before she started but they really piled alot of things on her the first day of sch.. r u trying for a second child blessed?

Hi can anyone tell me where i can get the thomas n train cookie cutters and jelly mound? My boy is Really into Thomas!Thanks lots
happy.gif

hi all, i really stress..teaching n coping with pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure if my p will grant me NPL..been very upset these few days!

hi xinyao, talk to ur P nicely and be v calm abt it. I m sure he/she will see your pt and grant u NPL. All the best and relax. Must relax to have a happy babe!

hi mummies, need a help from you all!
any one have any gd and experienced and nice confinement lady to recommend? Pro breast feed plus gd cook and gd in doing hse work??
can PM me?

hi mummies
me juz became a private school teacher. was accepted by MOE, supposed 2 start work on 19mar but rejected it.

i was reading tis thread after i signed e letter of offer in jan.

Xinyao,

Since your EDD is in Aug, you may want to consider advancing your maternity leave 4 weeks b4 EDD to rest. We are entitled to it.

Take care. Baby can feel the stress too. Your health and baby come first.

hi mummies,

i m a teacher too,planning to take npl from term 3 onwards. do u all noe how long in advance must i apply?

Hihi ...

Me replies late agains ..... hehe ... still reading posts from I dunno when ...!

Hi xinyao, yes I've found my CL.
happy.gif

Back