Any mommies staying in Hougang?

hi

i hav a 20mth boy, am thinking of sending him to MMI at Blk 422, cos near my parents. i stay in sengkang.

just wondering any mummies here sending their kids there?? i will probably be booking my boy there by end june he will start either end sept or mid oct. my parents stay at Blk 424, but seems like no playgroup/CC within walking distance.

any comments are most welcome!!

gracian,
Welcome here!

So ur parents staying near to the 24hrs kopitiam?? Is there any RC centre near their plc?? Coz' some RC centre they do hav child care centre there loh.

Hi gracian, welcome welcome..
happy.gif

hi msblur

i am not too sure if there is a 24hr kopitiam, they are near the hougang mall and punggol cc. we tot sending son to blk 422 nearest, plus HB got something against PAP CC.

hey Mar_mum (mar_mum),

am able to make it this tue. so which pl in specific? new here. how do i recognise our hougang mamas?

Meetup on 29 may (tue), 12.30pm
1) Evonne (mar_mum)
2) Ginny (ling)
3) Abyane
4) Geri (JP)
5) (chic_mum)

Location: pls vote for either Hans, McDonald's, Cafe Cartel. Or if you prefer other place, pls propose.

Tentatively, we meet at Hougang Mall main entrance. Ok?

chic_mum,
we use our mother's instinct.. ha ha....

I've got all ur hp nos. except chic_mum, so pls pm me ur no. jus in case any change in plans.

Any other mummies who wanna meet us but can't make it in time to notify via this thread, do feel free to jus come and meet us.

hi to gracian ;-)

I am not able to make it on 29 May as got to bring Alden for playgroup, u ladies enjoy yourself :)

chic_mum: naturally you will be able to identify them as got children with them and meeting at entrance :)

hey earnestmum,

aiyoh, i noe u noe who i am oredi lah. ur 'hahaha' was so distinctive in ur earlier msg.

tks alot 4 the guidance. definitely a great help for 1st timer ;-)

btw, spoken wif eve 2, heard abt ur contact wif hl. Thus had a long sms session wif her during 1 late nite. apparently, she is working part-time in an established sch, bringing little morgan along. hence, she can only tok 2 u briefly.

she is a dedicated mum endeavouring to expose her gal to social envt, noeing dat little morgan is v shy. She's keen to come to the hougang gathering too. Oso, we wl be visiting catherine in her new childcare setup in Jul. u can join us.

hi ladies

great to be able to meet more of you mummies tmr
happy.gif
Cartel gets my vote this time round but anywhere is fine with me...

Anyone realised that Hougang Mall 'receive the Pro-Family Business (PFB) accreditation by the Singapore Productivity Association (SPA) and supported by the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports'?

Their range of customer services available for the convenience of family shoppers at our Customer Service Counter on Level 3 include:

Rental of umbrellas
Rental of wheelchairs
Rental of strollers or our novelty kiddy cabs
Sale of gift vouchers
Free Wifi services

http://www.hougangmall.com.sg/whats_new.php

Have been very dissatisfied with their nursing room and want to complain but have been dragging on... jus went to their website and realised the above info....never knew abt the rental of strollers and kiddy cabs....

Hi, Evonne,Ginny,Geri & chic_mum, nice meeting all of you.. Enjoyed the food and chatting v v much.. Looking forward for the next meeting..
happy.gif
happy.gif

ya lor, hougang mamas really are hot!

interesting topics discussed this afternn: depression, houses, previous work, mama pageant, breastfeeding, lefties, developmental milestones....

so those who did nt turn up, c wat u hv missed out? A great deal man!

So lets do it again ;-D

gee...missed out on the lefty discussion...what's did you all talk about? my son's most probably a leftie...although he does use his right hand sometimes...

chic_mum,
Wah! u are great man! Trying to 'attract' other mummies to join us with your topics... ha ha.... didn't get to hear abt the previous work though.... busy feeding my gal with bread.. ha ha...and ur gal really guai leh... can sit thru the 2 hrs

All mummies,
I'm proposing our next meetup on 13 Jun (wed) at Seawave's house if she's joining us. More convenient for her since she now preggie... Her place is next to Hougang Interchange.

Please 'submit' your attendance:
1)

Hi Mar_mum

1) Abyane with Ace and Alythea

Let me know what I can contribute for makan.. Ang Ku Kuey?

Hi Ling, my son does all things using his left, only writes with his right hand..

Chic_mum, your gal (lei) is really good.. Amazed with her sitting of 2 hours..

Mar_mum, your gal oso lah.. Both little gals are so quiet and gentle, not like mine, a tomboy..
happy.gif

Appeal! Unfair leh...always meet in the afternoon. Can arrange a meeting in the evening? So that we working mothers can join in too
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi Mar_mum

2) Earnestmum with 18 month old Alden

can make it this time as no class on Weds.

Teresa,
Don't be angry.... we meet in the afternoon cos sahm are free during that timing mah... then night is for family.... Last time I got asked whether how many working mums interested to meet if meet on weekends but no response.... If got other mummies appeal, then I try to arrange ok? We can even arrange meetups on PH so the whole family can come... haha....

Attendance for 13 June (Wed), 12.30pm
3) Mar_mum with Ian and Phi

Mummies, pls continue to update your attendance... Location is to be confirmed.

4) Ling (me and me alone :p)

ling,
haha... no need to emphasize on u alone lah... but hor, since is school holiday (although no holiday for childcare), bring him lah.... so the kids got 1 more friend...

Hi mommies, do you have those sealing disc that comes with the milk bottles? If you don't need them, may i have them pls?

Asking on behalf of another mommy who'll be using them after delivering bb coming July..

Thanks in advance..

5) JP with Garrick. (me will contribute cupcakes, ok?)

5) JP with Garrick.(me will contribute cupcakes, ok?)
6) Chic_mum with 14 mths old Rei
7) Hui Leng with Morgan (mayb)

Pai sei, MIA for a while.

hi mar_mum, my gal may b able 2 sit stil 4 a while, but ur planning is superb. u hv arranged gd 'seats' for her & others ;)

hi Abyane, u say ur gal like boy? wait until the next gathering where the chldrn get to run abt, than you wl notice who the real rascal is ;-P

hi earnestmum, when we arrange 2 meet cat, we shal count u in.

hi ling, the other day we were discussing abt lefties, unfortunately not-so-gd-thgs. JP & I are lefties, & we did/ do nt enjoy being 1. For JP, her dad needed 2 buy left-handed tools 2 aid in her work during younger days. 4 me, besides being 'clumsy' & 'messy' all the time (which results in low esteem), i did nt encounter other disadvantages, until, aft i got my rite-handed guitar & when i become a 'household manager'.

nt sure abr JP, but i'm relieved rei is likely a rightie. hey JP, how abt u?

nonetheless, fret not 4 ladies who hv got chldrn who are likely lefties. since we are getting well informed ea year abt the rite-brainers (lefties, that is), we wl b able 2 tap on their potential, noeing the dos & donts when handling a leftie.

Oh yes, here are facts abt lefties dat mommies wl b hearten 2 c, & 4 some, avoid lah!

1. During ancient times, lefties are mostly considered 'evil', 'sinister' etc. but in this era, research has shown otherwise.

2. Officials in Mensa, the high IQ society believe as many as 20% of their members are left-handed.

3. Popular lefties: Bill Gates (bizman), Albert einstein (scientist), Michelangelo (artist), Leonard Da Vinci (artist), Jean-Paul Gaultier(designer), Tom Cruise (actor), Nicole kidman (actress), Brad Pitt (actor), Agelina Jolie (actress), Whoopi Goldberg (actress), phil colins (singer), Kurt Cobain (singer), Pablo Casals (cellist), celine dion (singer), Mozart (composer), david foster (composer), Paul macCartney (guitarist/ writer), jimmy hendrix (guitarist/ singer), jack the ripper (serial killer), black panther (famous murderer), Dylan Bennet Klebold (gifted but ended up Columbine High sch massacre), Winston Churchill (leader), Lee Hsien Loong (PM), Julius Caesar (King), Alexandra the Great (King), George Bush (leader), Bill clinton (leader), Joan of Arch (saint), son of ronald reagan, john f kennedy (leader), Steve forbe (bizman), thomas jefferson (leader), prince william, henry ford -father & son (inventor & bizman).

4. most lefties excel in arts, music, IT, acting, business, sports - baseball, football, scientists, entrepreneurs, inventors & leaders. in fact, 1 1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were left-handed - 250% more than the normal level. & the 1st astronaut is a leftie.

5. Lefties are great in one-handed/ legged competitive sports. Eg, Football, table-tennis, tennis, baseball, basketball, boxing etc.

6.docs have difficulty adjusting 2 right-hand equipt, & get cold feet when a right-handed senior coach them (this means they have to pick up skills themselves). abt 45% of leftie docs do nt wish another leftie 2 operate on them.

7. Lefties are more likely to suffer autism, ADHD & dyslexia than righties.

8. do lefties feel advantaged or dsadvantaged? over 50% say no diff, over 30% say disadvant, 19% say advantaged. I belong 2 the 30% grp, basically becos i'm nt in the above recommended careers, & my sports are nt related 2 handedness.i wl consider gettg in2 such careers & games in future.

hope these help prevent another chld fr getting 'victimised'.

4 more info, u can visit:

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk
http://www.left-handersday.com

chic_mum - Hey, no worries about being a left-hander lah! The world is improving. My cousin who is a surgeon is also a left-hander and now they have tools designed for left-handers. We may have some difficulties in the 80s but once I am in the working world, everything is OK lah.

Hi Ladies,

Wow, I'm sure I've missed out lots. Back from Shanghai with my girls. Hubby still in China.

I'm sorry that I would not be able to host the 13Jun meeting. It's my DD2's 4th birthday and that afternoon, my hubby is leaving for China again! Our family will probably be at the airport at that time.

Hope you ladies can find an alternate location. Have fun.

chic_mum,
can I ask who is Hui Leng?

Both seawave and yummy_mum cannot host the meeting.... Yummy_mum's kids are down with fever. Any other locations to suggest?

Hi Mar mum,

Hui Leng is a common friend between me and chic mum when we attended a childcare course last time. She has a daughter, Morgan and stays in Marine Parade area.

seawave: Enjoy your gal's birthday celebration!

HI every hougang mums,

5) JP with Garrick.(me will contribute cupcakes, ok?)
6) Chic_mum with 14 mths old Rei
7) Hui Leng with Morgan (mayb)
8) Calbee with REbeca 18mths

BEen MIA for so long...paiseh paiseh...always cannot make it for gathering.

Just recover from lasik surgery...now testing my new 6/6 vision everyday..

I am OKIE with 13th gathering.. hope to see you all soon
happy.gif

BUt my girl a bit notti, hope she will be kwuai kwuai that day... very stress taking care of her everyday..

Anyone like to open up your hse for meetup? Or u ladies prefer to meet outside? Earnestmum's place is available but aft 2pm.

Mar_mum,
No la...I'm not angry
happy.gif
Just that I would love to meet up with all the mommies too, unless I take leave to join u women lor
sad.gif

Perhaps on weekend we can gather at the park in Ave 1 where kids can play together and mommies can gossip....ahahaha

hi mummies

i will be shifting to hougang soon probably end june. can i join the hougang gang ? i have 12mth old baby gal and working mum

Teresa,
No problem.... :) If other mummies are keen on meeting on weekends, we can arrange. The park at Ave 1 will be great for me since I can walk there :-D

citybank,
of cos you can join us! welcome!! Which part of hougang you moving to?

hi marmum & abyane
i staying near the heartland mall there.

hi marmum = u may want to consider the new haenim playyard from cheong choon - winnie ? i got mine from her for $160 for 6 panel...but at this moment i not selling or else i can sell to u

Hi citybank,
Welcome to the Hougang family.

Hi ladies,
Me too cant meet up during the wkdays coz' im a full time working mum. Unless there's another gathering during the wkend loh.
sad.gif

hi earnestmum

u staying in kovan melody ? great but i will be shifting end june or early july ,

hi msblur ...thanks a lot...
maybe u can organise the weekend gathering ? i also working mum too

So far 3 working mummies keen in meetin up durin the weekends. will the sahm join in the meetup if i arrange one during the weekends other than our weekday meetups?

Back