Any Flying mothers around?

woof woof: ya,guess will try out my ground job 1st,if boring then go bk flying...bt this will b my 2nd time goin bk..woof,wat do u mean co dun renew ur contract?do u continue for another 2,3 yrs then u reach ur 2nd contract?if so,i suggest u find a ground job coz i koe of 1 fss,she went 4 the recent promotion bt cun gt in so she gt2 go after her 3rd contract which is 2 yrs ltr...I thk nw co wants some1 young,in tat case they will save a lot of $$$$...

les_petite : i areadi found a ground job bt the pay is not that fantastic!!my youngest kid is only 6mths old ,nt big la...hw old is ur kid?if u r planning 4 2nd one,I suggest u find a ground job,cos u will b able to njoy the maternity benefits and u won't gt bored during ur 9mths pregnancy!!!I went bk flying after my gal and gt pregnant after flying 4 2yrs..

<font color="0000ff">Tinklebell28</font>, Think I nod who you are. You were rushing off cos yr HB is on the way to fetch you hm rite?? I'm the one drinking milo there.

My friend agency is at Katong Mall / Hougang Green Mall- Loyal Maid agency.

Now I am thinking of placing of my son is Infant care- Babies Inc. IS almost the same price of hiring and feeding a maid.

Need yr advice: I hv given the agancy fees, If I don't want to employ the maid, do you think I can get it back?

Hi ladies,
long time nvr post liao.Can chk if your ever bring your bb to trial class(playgroup)?How to find out where have ar? Do i have to pay or is it free? Now that im more settled with my no 2, thinking of bringing my gal.

Hi,

So good to find this thread here. Reading all your posts about galley, flights remind me of my flying time too.

But I m not from SQ. Kekekeke...

I also wish to go back but too bad, old liao...

littletot,
trial class muz pay 1..u juz call them and chk how much..eg MyGym charge $35 per trial class.

hi ginger,
which airline were u frm?

Hi les_petite!
hehe..u still ask if we 1 a not lo!
think u're the one who can't start in the 29aug class too cuz of ur mom rite???

hmmm..i took a new maid so b4 my maid arrive SIN i only paid a deposit
whether the agency will refund u the $$ depends on where's the maid now, WP approve already, etc.
actually it's all written in the contract between u & agency..diff agency contract's diff so u must go check ur contract le

ur fren owns the agency or work there??
maybe can refund the full amt to u..since ur fren?

Sungrapes,

Me from CX
happy.gif

ginger,

i heard CX's benefit is very good... when u pregnant, they still pay you your basic salary (without allowance)... after u had given birth, the airline will take you back in....

these regulations are unlike SQ- pregnant: resign and no pay... after gave birth: re-interview and no gaurantee will take you back

are u singaporean?? CX stopped their recruitment in singapore for a very long time

One of my GF from MI joined CX this yr. They oly do Mad & HKG T/A. Think she is back from training aridi.

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, wat is yr plan?

<font color="0000ff">Thinklebell28</font>, Are you starting class later or Aug?

I still not too sure if I want to employ a maid. If I will employ, is it lighten my parents work. Was thinking of putting my boy in Babies Inc- Full day $1200/- after sub. So pocket very tight. Still thinking very hard. Weighting the Pros & Cons.

Sungrapes,

What is FSS har?? I lost touch with this abb for a long time liao...I quit for more 10 yrs already lo.

Woofwoof,

Not sure of the benefits now but during my time, yes. You still get basic pay but cannot remember if there was a catch or not. And yes, no need to resign and reapply again. You will go back to your usual rank after ML. HKG ML entitlement all the while is 3mths.

Ya I am Singaporean
happy.gif

Interview criteria my time not so strict leh. Total 3 rounds if i remember correctly.

i'm an ex-SQ mum. whcih girdles or corset did u all wear to get back ur figure?? help me..my baby is 7 months old, i'm still waistless.damn depressed

Hi les_petite,

Wah!
S$1200 sounds very expensive to me le (most of the basic pay's gone!) think if u get an experienced maid still cheaper uh but of cos her English might still not be up to standard lo!
BTW, dun think u need S$700 to feed ur maid..of cos must make sure she dun waste ur water/electricity/amenities/drystores ya!
my last maid so gd @ that my PUB bills doubles!!

my opinion's to get an experienced maid (at least got someone to do housework/cooking/iron clothes,etc..) so u can give ur son full attention when u in SIN & at the same time, send ur son to Playgroups/Enrichments Classes, etc (ask got sch bus service) think might be cheaper this way?
if u send ur son to those Full Day care centers, u'll not be able to spend time wif ur son when u in SIN ya?

i won't be joining the Aug class eventhough i wld love to very much cuz too early, hvn't settle my stuff yet lo
I'll join the Oct Class which's the last class for 07 but my mom's gg for holiday only'll be bak 05Oct so hope that their Oct class won't start so early!

Did u manage to get ur refund???

les_petite:
juz 1 u 2 noe that maids are great Actresses like us (keke..of cos we're smarter ya) so NEVER NEVER settle on a TRANSFER MAID ya!!!

They did all those stuff like Caring, Well-manners, fast in housework, take initiative, etc..juz so u'll employ them! i made the mistake of employing a TRANSFER MAID!! After sign contract, everyday sure'll spoil something or make a mess of things, "eat snake" (ask her wat she doing, she still dare to reply nothing even when she she hvn't finish her chores!), always do things her way, never listen to instructions & even tok bak, sent her bak within a month! Waste my Bond Protection (S$100)! still must give her full pay even though hvn't reach a mth! Some agency even 1 u to pay accommodation S$10/day! Fortunately mine dun need..if not another S$300 flies away! cuz need to give agency 30days grace period to let maid be re-employ..

So check ur contract properly ya! Read through b4 u sign! clarify when dun understand!
dun get con k!

<font color="0000ff">Tinklebell</font>, Is it cfm the class in Oct??

No la $1200 is the full day Child care. I spoke to the pinciple. She allow me to hv flexi timming. I did told her if I am in SIn, bb won't be coming to Child care. She said she will work out something for me. However I am afraid that the cost will still be like $1200.

I hv not spoken to them on my refund yet. Cos I hv not decided to get a maid or not.

Ladies, I heard somehthing from my ex team.

<font color="0000ff">story 1:</font>

Long flt. SQ put a civilian police on board. Touchdw, the police requested every1 to open their bag. 3 crew caught with PCL wine. Now under investigation as they mention that it was IFS asked them to take.

<font color="ff6000">Story 2:</font>

A crew was given warning letter when custom caught him with a bun from A/C in Jap. CO knows abt it.

Hi les_petite
FULL DAY Child Care means ur sons lives @ the Child Care Center???

if Yes,
i doubt it'll be an ideal upbringing environment for a child..emotionally & pshycologically.

ginger,
fss=flight stewardess. r u working?

petite,
my plans? hope to strike toto lor! but i dun buy 4D/toto leh! i find it impossible to win such thgs.

Story 1 is true, tho there r many variations of it..itz LHR flt. the crew r all f***ed big time man!!

As for maid vs child care..maid is gd if u got sm1 to supervise them,nv leave ur child alone with a maid. childcare, they hav structure to provide learning opportunies for ur child. better than stay at home/bbsitter,do nothg.

me oso thinking of getting maid..but if last training is Oct, then probably i hav 2 join next yr since i din go last interv,so still lots of time for me? maid at least can do some hsework. if not now i evthg bao ka liao, v tiring for me.

rubber duck,
i lost my last 2kg wen my son started crawling..i oso din realise till my pants felt loose and i weigh myself..viola! lost 2kg!

rubber ducky,
in the beginning,yes. evthg oso do to get my figure back. but then becm lazy liao and smhow the body shape will nv b the same. Unlez u super on type, evday go gym and work out, eat protein diet. but if u need to take care of bb, then i guez evthg else will take a backseat lor!

babe,anybody can give mi advice if i wana go back flying???relli been bothering me...

I haven reach 30 yet,my gal is 4yrs and my boy 7mths..my mum & maid will b helping mi 2 look after them.my hubby is also flying...

I tot of flying 4 another 5yrs and b a SAHM..

HI <font color="0000ff">Jeanchua</font>, tks for the info on maids. But I still cannot decided which is the best for my son.

Maybe should ask all of you for advice.

Choice 1: Get a maid and leave bb with the maid for a few hrs in my parent's house till some1 get home.( Parents still working)

Choice 2: Send BB to full day child care and pray hard that he don't fall sick when I am in overseas. (Nobody to take care of him in Sin)

I can't afford maid & childcare cos I am the one paying all.

<font color="0000ff">Mum_of_2</font>, I wish I am like you. Got some1 to take care and can go back flying.

personally, i hate the idea of leaving baby alone with maid. anything can happen .... i've seen and heard too much to wanna take that risk.

leaving bb with full day child care seems quite heartless, but then nobody will intentionally hurt them for whatever reasons .... how abt looking for nannies where u can leave bb at their place? get recommendations .... then got higher chance of finding one that's reliable.

nanny can bring ur kid to those 2hrs playgroup too ...

my plan is after i go back (if sq wants me lah), bb will be at my mom's place whenever i'm not in singapore. i'll enrol him for the 2hrs playgroup near my mom's place and hire those scheduled cleaning lady to help my mom ....

i have maid phobia ... haha

pii,
u so young and ur ger is alrdy 4? envy lor!

petite,
if u hav to leave bb with maid, u can install 1 of those CCTV thg.

nanny oso gd idea ( personalised svc
happy.gif
)..find 1 near ur parents plc. it cost less then half of chidcare fees..think is abt $500..reccomend frm agency.

does anyone know if break bond cos preg when flying got chance to go back? im getting a seperation fr hubby. bb 4.5 mths. shall i go back? some more he is still flying. but money there gd... me currently working 2.3k nia...btw im 24yo.
i flew til i was 5th mth preg. v risky tho...
i was 48kg now 53kg dam sad...

<font color="0000ff">Jennchua</font>, I'm like you, Maid Phobia.

I manage to find another Child care which cost $850. Lesser then Babies Inc.

The worst senario is to leave bb there full day. But if my HB is not working, he won't be going to childcare. I was thinking of putting him half day cos my Hb work shift.

But was advise not too cos bb won't be able to get use to it. Is like 1 week afternnon, 1 week morning. So I will play by ears and see how it goes.

<font color="ff6000">CCTV</font>,

I will still install 1 so that I can see him while I am in overseas. At least I can view him from my HP while I am shopping in Oversesa. Hee HEE.

<font color="ff6000">SQ Interview</font>

There will be another interview this coming Sep. Fot those whom like to join in the next class or next yr.

Btw, those whom going back will hv to be on 'P' for 6 mths. ALso hv SNY.

Hi les_petite,
think the mommies suggestions are quite good,
look for a nanny near ur parents place..if possible willing to travel to ur parents place to send ur son bak.
or install CCTV..u got laptop?? can check on ur maid frm outstn too!

Hey jeann,
dat's a jolly GREAT idea!!

Hi chelsea,
i find 2.3k quite gd le cuz flying basic oso not so much..it's the allowance that's gd!
there're so many crew, not easy to meet up unless u very "LUCKY" uh?
ur bb only 4.5mths old, losing the last few kg shld be no prob uh? u only 24yo!

Hi mummies,

Wah go back flying again still have to abound so many rules & regulations?? Work in YCL for 1 yr can die lor... if full load n long haul flt... work until siao!

losing weight:
Last time i also 48kg then now 51.5kg... so sad lor... instead of hr glass become pear shape siah... didnt even do any exercises but bfing n looking after this active girl then will slowly lose the weight... every day run after her, hold her hands n walk can be v tiring too!

i think i can kiss gdbye to SQ forever... hb dun want me to go back flying n my ger needs me to look after her since no one else can look after her. She picks who she wants n she is quite sticky to me so she will refuse others to carry her or even go near her even my hb. So my hb said no choice le, gotta stay home n look after her until she goes to sch... who knows maybe have second child n look after the 2nd one at the same time!

ycl i find ok wat. just give trays fast lo... 2.3k minus cpf left $1.8k. now filing for separation liao. he not even giving me a cent since i moved out. so cham... bb coming 5mth liao. still bf partial, working n really tired perpetually. lucky i got a gd nanny 8-6 weekdays i quite fang xin.

<font color="aa00aa">petite

ya i heard abt it oso den latest news is 3 kena sacked lor den one FSS or LSS escaped coz the FS or LS took the rap for her and mentioned he was the one who instigate her to offload leh.. i believe its someone gave a tip off..

wah lau.. having to work in YCL for one year!! kill me ba!! every flt oso kena B3 can die lor!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

petite,
u start training?
can i ask u, at which pt in time do we inform them we wanna defer? after interv/selected? medical chkup?

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, Not yet. I still don't nod my training dates.

They will ask if there are any pp want to defer. I told them after the interview. But they forgot all abt it. After the medical check up, I inform them again. However If you hv intention to defer more than 3 mths, don't do yr medical check-up. Inform them 1st.

<font color="0000ff">Morraine</font>, scary rite!!

<font color="0000ff">Tinklebell28</font>, any news on yr side on the training? Any idea if we can COF & take leave while under 'P'?

<font color="aa00aa">petite

i went to email SQ for fun for the returning crew and they just replied *heh* i think they really super desperate for ppl.. and i think ur query to tinklebell28 hor, i doubt we can COF leh but to take leave mite be possible but unpaid? anyway i think of the new staff no and not being able to work elsewhere other den YCL can make me feel like going bonkers already..</font>

hi sungrapes,

i agree that the figure never goes back..i'm now pear-shaped too! boobs became smaller after breastfeeding(SO SAD), and the back widened..so from 75b became like 80a/b..

which maximiser bras and girdles do u gals all swear by? care to share wif dis desperate(once-yummy) mummy? :-(

petite,
oic..so u done ur medical alrdy then remind them again? P plate cannot COF leh! they shd hv special t&c for FMS lor..

morraine,
they reply wat? they say need ppl is it?

rubberducky,
yah!yah! my chest widen oso! y cant it b the boobs grow bigger instead?!? my boobs oso droopy liao! then got this spare tire,my hb always like to pinch it.
i nv wear maximiser liao,cos the underwire always rides up wen i carry my bb.i feel so auntie!!! how to b yummy mummy again?? like heidi klum??

mummies, actually work ycl oso ok leh, at least no need to finesse..jcl, i hate to take bar/meal order..then muz address by name..very le chay! wen run out of choice, still muz run up and down search for alternatives..imagine serving 49 pax who think they r all emperors/empress!!

yeah. actually i oso ok w ey. oh desperate for ppl, hmm maybe i should try... so u mean try then get in then ask to defer 3 mths can ah?

chelsea,
may i noe? y he not gvg u single cent? wat abt child support? he muz fulfill his responsibilties 2!! how can let him get away with this??

take 1 step at atime.

Call them up 1st and get them to email u the re-employment form.

Fill in and send, no obligations wat..itz juz another option for u. u can decide if u wanna go for interv wen they call u.

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, I am not too sure. Cos those promoted Leading crew still can chg flts & take leave while under 'P'. Not too sure if this scheme will apply to us too. After all, we also hv experience wat. Not mean we are NEW crew. Those have flying fathers around, can ask them to ask around??

hi chris,

welcome
happy.gif

i recommend EPIDURAL .... kekeke

i'm no good at torlerating pain wan. so once i walked into the delivery ward, i told everyone in sight that i want epidural ... haha .... in case 1 nurse forget, there are many others around
happy.gif
someone is bound to remember
happy.gif

my labour was abt 10hrs and actual pushing was 20mins. deen really feel anything throughout the process cos i was totally numbed leow ... but then once the epidural was withdrew, siao leow ... the pain starts coming ... but then, baby already out leow
happy.gif

Hi Jean,
Sounds scary but heard all my mummy frens telling me to go for epidural. Dun wait till u suffer till cant tahan. I'm getting excited till the big day. Its like going thru war. How old is ur bb now?

Hi morraine & everyone,

juz wanna clarified abt the LHR case,
i personally know 1 of the stewards & the stewardess..

Neither the FS or LS took the RAP for this stewardess.
This wasn't the stewardess's team flt & she's not those who likes to join drinking sessions, especially with ppl she only got to know on this LHR flt.
She was truly juz helping the guys only, after being approached a couple of times.
Union was the 1 helping her to avoid from being getting "FRIED".

Thanks!

wow!

I saw this thread here and read about the thread..

Come in to say hi to you gals!

Making me miss my flying days... but i quit 6 yrs ago..

I have a bb gal who is going 13mth soon.... Now expecting my #2

Back