Any 2009 mummies living in Punggol

Hihi,
I'm s sahm with a gal born in nov 2008. glad to chance on this thread.

like to know why does a sahm will still send kid to cc, instead of the hourly enrichment class? what can a kid benefits from fullday or halfday childcare vs hourly enrichment class like cedan, kidz playhouse, pcf or tothouse?

i'm experience long waitlist for my gal to be admitted in nursery for next year full-day cc. does cc allow us to book our kid for K1 (in year 2013) now and will the cc call us nearer to the date? any mum has experience on having enrol your kid to fullday childcare only at K1 or K2 stage? Please share with us. Thanks..

Hello Mummies,

Hope everyone is well including the kids.

Haven't been able to log in and chat for a while cos now busy with our new flat. Sad to said, we are moving out of Punggol after 7 yrs living here. Very 'she bu de', but no choice since HB wants a bigger flat & no luck in ballots for new flat, we decide to go for resales flat.

My another greatest 'she bu de' is my nanny. I am going to miss her as she is a great help to me for the past 6 yrs, looking after my 2 kids. If anyone is looking for a good nanny, pls pm me.

My gal has also started her class at Wunderkids & she love it. She will remind my nanny to bring her school bag & skipped happily to school. My son went for the first day of meimei's class. At the end of the class, he told my nanny whether can he switch school
happy.gif
Guess both of them like Teacher Hanna. Some info abt the school activities, yesterday my girl learned circle. Next week Thur, they will hv cookery class. And end of the mth, they are going for field trip to Hort Park to see butterfies park. Hope my gal will enjoy her class
happy.gif

Hi Everyone,

How are u ladies doing? Long time didn't come into this thread. I have delivered my boy and confinement coming to an end this week. Really looking forward to going outside
happy.gif

Hi Ling76,

Going to miss u but u can still come in here to chat whenever u are free. Where are u moving to? Wunderkids sounds fun. So ur girl will be changing school?

miffy,
welcome back :D this thread has been very quite
sad.gif

so how's your labour?
not ez handle 2 kids..
I also struggling :s

Ling76,
i went hort park with my family last wkend 2, end up kana bite by alots of mossie :s
thr is alot at the playground, i was bitten by at least 10 mossie in less than 2min
lucky both my daughter didnt get bitten

bring my gal 2 the indoor playgroud last nite at downtown east, she really enjoy herself there
she was so tire after 45min of fun there
happy.gif

Hi Miffy,

Congrats!! I have the same feeling as you when i'm at home for a month
happy.gif

Moving to Hougang. Won't be seeing that much of green there. Was walking to my son school from nanny place recently, and realised that Punggol has lot of breeze and gardens. Hiaz.. going to miss all these too
sad.gif

My girl is enjoying her lessons at Wunderkids now. According to my nanny, she doesn't want to go home after school
happy.gif
Haha... guess she's having fun now cos have more friends to play. Have enrol her for Nursery 1 at PAP Hougang next year. Now waiting for her school confirmation.

So sad that i have to take her out from Wunderkids at the end of the year since she enjoy her lessons there. Hopefully she will enjoy her lessons at PAP Hougang too.

Hi Ophelia,
How are u doing? Have u return to work or still on ur maternity leave?
I'm now staying at my mum's place. Will be here for a mth before gg back hme. Like u said, really a struggle handling 2 kids. Duno how I gg handle when back home handling them by myself. My daughter keeps wanting me to carry her and still throwing tantrums at times.

Hi Ling76,
Thanks. I like punggol because of the greens too. I have already two persons asking me to inform them if I ever gg to sell my flat, haha.
So who is gg to look after ur kids when u shift to Hougang? A new nanny?

Hi Miffy,

Yes, Punggol flats are HOT property. Dunno y?

We tried to look for day care centre for my son, and a childcare centre for my daughter. But in the end, didn't go for it cos both centres are far from each other and the timing to pick up both kids is too rush for me as I end work at 6pm. Conclusion : we hire a helper. Hope everything will work out.

Just an update on Wunderkids, since we can't find much info on them on the website.

Tuesday, my girl learnt butterfly. Project : Teacher draws 2 small antennas on her forehead and attached a big butterfly wings to her bag. When my nanny went to pick her up, she said all kiddos have different colours of antennas drawn on their faces, and all with big wings attached to their bags. When asked my girl what she learned, she said "butterfly"
happy.gif
haha.. Yesterday she came home with a butterfly stamp on her arm. She is so happy that she keeps showing off.

Tomorrow she will be doing cookery. Will update once I know what she "cook"
happy.gif

Hi Ophelia,

Thanks for your info.
Think i better prepare some mossie patchs for my 2 kiddos and nanny

Yes, downtown east indoor playground is fun. Both my kids enjoy it very much when they were there. It is bigger than Kovan indoor playground too Guess more space means more fun for the kids since more space to run ;)

Hi Ophelia and Miffy,

I been through what you ladies mentioned before. It's struggle everyday till my girl is about 2yrs old. Works, do houseworks and taking care of 2 kids at the same times, make me feel very frustrated everyday. And for no reasons, I will just get angry. So glad that things are finally settling down.

Dun worry too much, let out your frustration here. We will be here to listen
happy.gif

Hi all,
Me just went back to work this monday.. Its really tireding handling 2 kids without my hubby...
My hubby went for an oversea assignment n only be back next mth...

Hi miffy,

Really envy you still got your mum to help out. I am all by myself. I am so tired till i thinking of give up breast feeding...

Hi ling76,

Totally agreed with you, I will get angry without any reason or easy get frustrated with my gal. Sometime i felt so bad tat i scolded her... Bad mummy
sad.gif

hi miffy,
my elder gal oso like 2 thrown tantrum after her mei mei arr
sad.gif

keep asking me 2 carry & try many ways 2 get more of my attention.
Sometimes i get so frustrated that i scold her, felt so guilty after that.

I also tot of giving up breastfeeding but feel that it will b very unfair 4 my bb, so still hanging on till now.
Just hope that all this will past soon
happy.gif
cant wait 2 c my younger gal 2 grow up & both of them can play & fight with each other :D

Hi Ladies,
I tried bringing my kids out shopping on sat. Really not easy. My girl refused to let didi sit on the stroller, so I had to carry baby while my hubby pushed my girl. Then later she got up, wan my hubby carry and I put baby on stroller. But baby refused to sit on the stroller and cried. So my hubby and I had to each carry 1 kid and he had to drag the stroller with him.

Hi Ling76,
How is ur girl cooking class? Sounds fun. If Wunderkind has wkend enrichment class, I will let my girl attend. When is ur helper coming?

Hi KyMi,
Ya, must be tiring juggling work, hsewk and kids. Who is taking care of ur baby while u are at work? And how is ur girl doing at cc? I am thinking of switching my girl to fullday cc but she has been falling sick quite often since attending cc and the doc advises me not to switch her to fullday till she is older...
Ya, I am glad I have my mum to help but also feel bad for troubling her as she is not young and complains of backache.

Hi Ophelia,

Like u, I hope baby will grow up soon and play with my girl but probably be fighting toys with each other, haha.
So tiring that I feel cranky at times but I tried not to scold my girl. Maybe also too sleepy to have energy to scold her now, haha. But when i was preg, I was really easily angered. Always scolding my girl and even beat her on the buttocks and hands when she misbehaved. And after that, I felt really guilty of losing my temper. And I noticed my girl learnt from me and tried to beat me, my hb and my mum when she was angry. So no more beating as punishment. But I hope I won't end up spoiling her.

Hi KyMi,
You are not a bad mummy, dun think like that. Get any help if possible, it will help alot.
To be honest, I gave up breastfeeding after 1 week my confinement auntie went home. I can't take the stress, and blame myself that I am a failure. But now, I believe that as long as both kids are happy and healthy, that is the most important. No point keep thinking of bad times. So, take care and try not to think so much.

Hi Miffy,
Haha.. understand. That why, me and hubby decided to stay at home most of the times when our girl is less than 1 yrs old. The furthest we go is downstair
My girl first cookery lesson is sticking marshmallow with a berry into a toothpick. Guess without the oven, they can only do simple cookery now
My helper is already with us for almost a month, but she will be going for home leave this sat till mid of sept. After this Friday, will be busy busy busy again

Hi mummies!

My baby boy was born in Sept 2009 :D
And I am now in dilemma..whether to send him to CC or just wait till he turns 3 yo

I have little info regarding SG education here..yups, I am a PR here :p

Anyone keen to share what are the consideration to put them to CC before / after 3yo?

Thanks
happy.gif

risol,
r u working or not? Who taking care of your kid?

Personally i feel that it will be better to wait till he turn 3yo. At least he able to talk about what he learn in school, or he able to tell u if some other kid bully him :p

hi Ophelia,

yes. I am FTWM
Currently I put him to nanny..
So far so good..it has been 4 months putting him to nanny's

It's true also..when he turns 3yo, he knows how to express and tell us what happen in school..

my other consideration to put him to CC/school is to let him socialize and play/learn from the same-age of friends. I think he will be happy to have some friends
happy.gif

miffy,
wish she is able to, had put her in waiting list..
How about you? Had you put your elder child in any cc?

Hi Ophelia,
Yup, she is in character montessori at the moment. Considering whether to switch her to kindergarten instead when she's older.

Hi ling76,

Thanks, i felt much beta after reading ur post...

Hi all mummies,

How is everyone??
Finally my hubby is back. My gal is sick for months till now still not well. Hvg fever on & off till i flare up. I bought her to mt a on friday to take a blood test.. Starting the doctor said tat her fever is due to throat infection n said no need blood test but i insist as i told him tat her fever is on & off for weeks. So he got no choice but to do it for me n no regrets doing it as the result came out tat my gal is hvg bactrial infection n now she is on antibiotics..

Another things is finally she is able to get into The First skool at blk 126, starting next mth. So happy she can get in, willbe putting my boy next year when he turn 18 months.

Hi miffy,

Nanny is taking of my boy.. My gal keeps falling sick dun know its bcos of the cc or she misses her daddy...

One gp told me before kids fall sick easily whdn they are in cc..

Hi kymi,
Same, my girl has been falling sick almost every mth eversince she starts gg cc. Gp told me the same thing, say sure get sick if she attends cc. My girl had cough last week, not fully recover yet and yest nite had fever. I wonder if putting her in kindergarten, less hrs, be better or the same?

Hi miffy,

Agreed with GP kids in cc get sick easily, moreover if their immune system is low so they got sick much more easier. My gal recover from tat fever thingy now hvg flu n cough... Haiz, very tireding...

Actually, kindegarten is beta as the time is shorter so wun get sick so easily... Actually, my small one oso sick hvg flu was passed to him fr his sister...

Next week, my gal is going to the new cc locate at 126A, tat cc is new just opened last year so its consider cleaner hopefully wun get sick tat easily...

I wonder how to increase their immune system so tat they wun get sick so easily..

Hi,

If anyone sending your kids to Wunderkind next year, i have 2 sets of uniforms selling. Used for only 5months. Please pm me if interested.
Thank you.

I heard mothers giving their kids colostrum to boost their immune system. My hubby colleague brings his gg cc kids to chinese physican to get "supplements". I am trying out the colostrum for my girl. If no improvement, thinking of withdrawing her from cc when her term ends early next yr.

KyMi, how long was your wait before your girl get into MFS?

I am their waitlist but for Blk 183 branch for a year. Still no news...haizz..

Hi miffy,

Where u get the colostrum? Its in what form? Milk powder or capsules?

Hi moscato,

I had register online last year Aug. just nice they had 1 kid
pulling out so they contacted me. N they are taking my 2nd
into consideration as i told them i am putting him there wen
he is 18mths. I guess tats the reason why they contacted
me..

Hi KyMi,
I got it online, from the motherhood bulk purchase. Its powder form. Can add in milk or drink. But I haven't let my girl take it yet, as she's now seeing a chinese physican for her cough.

Hi Ophelia,
Think it really depends on your girl's immune system. For my girl, her immune system is weak. I used to give her daily vitamin C, she gets less colds but still get cough, fever...
And today she has spots on her face and back. Her school called us up to bring her to see doctor, in case she has chicken pox, as currently her school has a few cases of chicken pox
sad.gif

Anyway, I talk to my girl's GP and her chinese physican. Both suggest I pull her out of cc if possible, this will reduce her chance of getting sick so frequent.

hi miffy, may i know how often does your girl's falls sick with fever and flu? my girl seems to be falling sick almost 2weeks or one month after another..she has not even go to childcare centre yet.

Hi passila,

My girl is ard 3-4 mths. She gets cough and sneezy nose more frequent.

I think it depends on ur girl's immune system. Every kid is different, though cos' of their young age, they may get sick easily when exposed to places with more virus. I feel its better if u ask ur girl's doctor for his opinion if u are considering placing her in cc.

hi, perhaps some mummies out there can take the lead to form punggol group for our kids to play, and share together..a good help especially to give encouragement to kids who is picky..then they are motivated to eat more by having a lunch together..

Hi May Jin,

Welcome to the thread!

Hi passila,

Yours is a good idea but guess most mummies here are busy working or juggling with kids and hsework to find time for meet-ups...

Btw, juz wondering if mummies here wanna exchange toys or books? I find that my house is filled with toys but my girl still tells me she has nothing to play (wanna faint!). And its wasteful to throw away old toys and keep buying new ones. So, feel it's a gd way to recycle and save $!

Let me know if any mummies are interested
happy.gif

Hi I'm moving to punggol in a few mths. Having headache over the pre nursery as now too last min. Anyone can tell me all the kindergarten at punggol area? I'm living near punggol mrt

Hi Linda,

Welcome to punggol!
happy.gif

Yeah..not easy to get a a slot in CC/kindergarten in this area. I registered my boy to Dayspring 2 mths ago. May be you can try to call them?
They have Pre-N class at Dayspring 24th Ave.

Can try to call them @ 6489 5489

Hi miffy,
how is ur kid after taking the colostrum?

Halo mummies,
Welcome to the thread...
N how are all the mummies, kids n babies...

hi mummies, like to know if any of your kids go to kidz playhouz for study? do you send them to their speech and drama class too? what is the experience/feedback on the speechdrama classes?

what other additional activities or curriculum that you send your kids to in kidz playhz besides the daily hourly classes from mon-fridays?

Hello mummies, i am staying in Sengkang. My boy is coming to 3 yrs old in Dec this year. Thinking of enrolling him at Star Learners@Sengkang, which is located at Block 266 Compassvale Bow. Been to the place and find it a little cramp. But it is the nearest Childcare centre I can find. Does anyone here have any experience or feedback on Star Learners@Sengkang? Would appreciate the experience sharing on this thread or via PM.
Thank you.

Back