Any 2009 mummies living in Punggol

pagesntea

Hi, I'm a first-time mother of a ten-month-old baby boy living in Punggol.

Would like to meet fellow mummies living in the area.

hihi, am a first time mum too, my boy is 15 month. We are not yet staying in Punggol but will be moving to Punggol in 2012
happy.gif

I'm looking around for childcare in punggol already. Are you also looking ard too?

Hihi,

i am a first time mum with a 9mth plus babay gal staying in punggol too!

Hi Smile,

i am oso looking for a childcare liao, hehe.... a bit kiasu cos my friends keep telling me i got to register early. Have you visit any one of them yet? I am thinking of vieing My First Skool at blk 166, duno gd or not?

Hi, I'm a 1st time mum with a 19 mths old girl staying in punggol.

Hi bluzcorner,
I'm also considering the childcare at Blk 166 as its nearest to my house. But I heard the teachers there didn't discipline the kids. The kids rolled on the floor throwing tantrums and they just let them be.

Hi Miffy,

so anybody taking care of ur gal now?

My first skool will be opening a branch behind my blk. But i think my first skool curriculum not very fanastic....... but if like wat u say, the teachers dun discipline the kids, does sounds quite bad.....

are you considering any others childcare?

Hi Miffy & bluzcorner,

am sooooo happy that this thread is alive!!!

I've went down to have a look at quite a number of the childcare and have shortlisted Intellect Monte Pal Skool House & Kids' Kingdom. Most likely will be putting my boy with Kids' Kingdom. Have you mummies heard of that CC, any feedback? I was told to put a deposite to secure a place for him. Yess very KS all full, am chopping for end of next year leh.

bluzcorner - you mentioned a new branch My First Skool opening behind your blk, where is it?

so happy to know you mummies..please keep this thread alive!!

Hi Smile,

There is a banner on the My first Skool that will be opening at blk 183, 184 & 185. I had wrote an email to them but their reply was that there is no firmed date on when the CC will open yet.

I hv not heard of Monte Pal Skool House & Kids' Kingdom. Where are they located? And what is the cost?

I am interested in Carpe Diem at Ponggol 24th ave, but the location is a bit out of plc..... My gal currently at Bright kids infant, i dun intend to pull her in the cc there.... hmm.... if u ask me why, i juz feel dat the standard there is not reali there.....juz my opinion....

yeah, let's keep in touch ya. Hope more punggol mummies can join us....

Hi bluzcorner,

yes hope more punggol mummies can join us
happy.gif

Intellect Monte Pal is near to Carpe Diem but is at 17th ave if am not wrong. As for Kids' Kingdom, it's inside Central Christian Church opposite blk 191 / 190. The school fee is about $650 to $700 before subsidy. The school fees for Kids' Kingdom include Gym session.

I have visited Bright Kids @ blk 192 before, not sure is it the same as the one your gal currently in. To be honest, i don't really like the place and the environment. Dark, cleaniness not there. The infant and playgroup together, don't have a proper partition. School fee is not exactly cheap as well.

For those school at the punggol end like Intellect Monte and Carpe Diem, what i heard is about mosqitoes problem. Some kids got bitten quite a number of moszzy.

So are you looking around for childcare for your gal too?

Hi Smile,

yup, my gal is at d bright kids at blk 192. The infant care price is considered cheap in our area. I'm paying $520 a month and Q-dees at blk 195 is abt $700 plus a mth. Actually like q-dees better, but my hubby says ex wo....

but when my gal reaches 18mth i definitely wan to shift her to a better CC. I very kiasu, i'm looking for CC for my gal now, scare on long waiting list. I am thinking of q-dees CC at 195, shall go there n hv a look on sat.

Kids' Kingdom..... muz b christian then can enrol? You been there to hv a look already? How was it?

Hi bluzcorner,

no you don't have to be christian to enrol with Kids' Kingdom. According to them, they function seperately from the church.

Yes, my hubby and i went to have a look at a few CC in Punggol and Kids' Kingdom is one of them that we have shortlisted and now after much discussion we are more or less firm to enrol our boy with them. They are in fact full for this year already, am enrolling my boy for end of next year as we will only move over to Punggol by then. We were told to make a deposite of $100 if want to secure a place (umm in fact many CC needs to put down deposite to secure a place).

We like the environment there and so far the feed back i've got was not bad. The CC is clean and the kids there that we saw that day are quite well behave. They have phonics and they have quite a lot of excursion which we like. Oh yes, not forgetting they are having their own personal playground which will be completed this sept and also gym lesson is included in part of the cirriculum. They have sand/water play too. When comes to K2 they will prepare them for primary school. oh yes one more thing, it has sort of individual area / classroom for respective age group eg; playgroup, nusery, K1 & K2.

You should go down and have a look and better chop a CC for your gal fast. It's really full and long list. You have a look at Kids' Kingdom and let me know your view too ya or u heard of any feedback.

Cheers
happy.gif

HI Smile,

Thanks! I hv spoke to my hubby abt it and i think i will pop by this sat to hv a look! Oh, you hv not move to punggol yet ar..... hehe.... u oso very kiasu like me.....

Hi Bluzcorner,

hahah yes a bit kaisu but got to be cos punggol all full leh. I would suggest that you call them up for tour leh. Especially now that it's the HFMD period, some CC don't allow visitors. If you can make it for weekday will be good, so that you can have a look how they teach the kids and the kids there behave etc
happy.gif

Let me know your feedback ya.

Hi Smile,

Thks for sharing. I shall go and have a look at Kids' Kingdom one day.

Hi Bluzcorner,

I'm a SAHM. Now deciding whether to put DD in a preschool or half-day childcare when she turns 2. I feel that she can learn more by attending childcare as the hours are longer and if I have no. 2, I can also cope better. But now with the news of HFMD increasing, I'm a bit hesitant...

Hi miffy,

you are welcome. Yes, go and have a look lor, and feeback too ya hahaha.

Am also a SAHM from my boy born till now he is going to be 17mth next week. Have to agree that he can learn more if attending childcare. Are you pregnant with #2 already? Then it's better for you to send #1 to CC then. Ya the news of HFMD increasing very fast, quite scary actually. My boy will be attending CC in Oct so building up his immunity now.

Hi Smile,

How much are the fees at Kids' Kingdom?

I hope the waiting list is not long. I have a friend whose boy is in the waiting list since she got pregnant with her 2nd boy. Now her newborn is already 2 mths old but there is still no vacany in the childcare for her elder boy.

I am not pregnant with #2 but planning to have a rabbit baby. So now looking around for preschools and childcare and hopefully can manage to "chop" a place for my girl.

My niece is attending half-day childcare in SK and getting sick almost every month. She caught HFMD once from there. That is why I can't help worrying if putting my girl in childcare will be a good decision. If only there is a HFMD vaccine, sigh!

Hi Miffy/Smile,

i had visited Kids' Kingdom this morning. hehe..... i nv call up, i juz gatecrash in..... ya, like wat Smile had mentioned, it will b better to call n visit them on wkdays, cos today no children there at all. But did hv a quick look at d environment. The ctr is located at 2nd level n is fully aircon, i heard ppl say full aircon easier to spread virus rite? Anyway, they tell me i nid to b on waiting list cos it seems like it's full liao.

The fee is $700 before subsidy for full day.

I had been to Qdees as well at blk 195. I like the plc, bright n airy. The fees there is $530 after subsidy.... but the watever questions i ask d teachers, they always tell me, dunno or not sure. And this CC also like others hv long waiting list too.... haiz..... dilemna

Miffy,
hehe.... i oso would like to plan for #2 in rabbit yr.... butfeel abit stress cos i'm working so if hv #2, d baby got to go infant care then d elder one got to go CC, time management wise, quite siong cos always got to rush back from work to fetch them......

Hi bluzcorner,

ya $700 is before subsidy which is $400 after subsidy which is cheaper then Qdees ya. Qdees is too expensive for us and heard that the standard drop so i didn't opt for that.

Yes, Kids' Kingdom is fully aircon but the playgroup (18mth to 2plus yrs) is with windows open for ventilation and not on the aircon. Full aircon may be easier to spread virus but then again it also depend how the school managed cleniness or clean the toys & stuff frequently. The other thing good about Kids' Kingdom is that it's individual room which many CC are open concept which i find individual class virus won't spread so easily bah and not so noisy hahaha.

Am also thinking of having rabbit baby leh but i think quite difficult to catch up cos i have to start work again and next yr going to move over to punggol plus #1 going CC, wah too much to handle.

Yesssss most CC are on waiting list, that's why i very KS faster go chop liao even though we will only move over to punggol next year. Scary right. I had very bad experience here in Jurong which er currently stay. I put my boy on wait list for My First Skool at Jurong Point when he was just 3 mth. I was told that i'm the first few on the wait list but till now they still can't take my boy. They keep saying if have space will call u which really make me sooo pissed off, cos they make me hang half way lor. I can't be waiting for nothing especially they can't gurantee a place for my boy and i need to go back to work already. No choice i had to look for a CC elsewhere lor.. haizzz That's why i've kearnt my lesson. This time, i make sure i put $$ deposite chop chop the place.

Hi bluzcorner,

You are right, full air-con easier to spread virus. But most childcare centres are fully air-conditioned...

My niece is in Character Montessori, so it will be another option for me. However, its further so I will need to arrange for transport to send her to and fro. And I'm also unsure if Montessori teaching is good? I heard both gd and bad reviews.

I understand. It's difficult to manage another child when you are working full-time. I quit my job to be a SAHM because my previous job requires me to do quite a bit of OT and my HB works 6 days a week and OT everyday. I cannot imagine if both of us are busy working and my poor girl has to be left in the care of others most of the time. Having said that, I still hope to return to the workforce one day, maybe after I have my #2, I will trying working half-day for a start.

Hi Miffy,

oh yes i heard quite a lot of good review of Character Montessori, ya just about the location a bit far otherwise you can give it a try too. If you are looking into montessori teaching, you can also try Intellect Monte Pal Skool House which is located 17th avenue. I was torn between Intellect Monte and Kids' Kingdom but in the end choose Kids' Kingdom. Their material used for montessori teaching is very good and comprehensive, the teacher who is teaching it seems very experienced and qualified too.

The reason is just like you, worry about montessori teaching affecting my boy especially when he comes to primary school. I have spoken to my cousin who is a primary school teacher about children who came frm montessori teaching in early school. Her feedback was that - their showmanship is good but not good in doing task. They can't forcus hence getting them to sit still is another problem. To say that we have to sit still and do our exam paper for 1 and half hours, it's like killing them. When the kid goes into primary school, he/she may be a bit tough to catch up in the beginning stage. Need a lot of work frm parents to keep pushing them. After which should be okay but thinking that i will be starting work umm just worry. and thinking of disciplinary part..wah i will faint. Cos montessorri approach is letting them explore and do what they want. Die..

In a nutshell, i would think montessori is good but perhaps not really good for singapore education style of contacts. We still have to do worksheet, exams, spelling etc which could be tough for my boy to start all over again, a differnet approach when he reach primary school if he is from montessori school.

It's very subjective and i always believe that all kids are different. One may adapt to the teaching well, whileas another can't. So it's really up to you and your child to see which suits him/her best.

sorry for such a long one.. hahaha didn't know that until i see the preview. too happily typing away.

Hi Smile,

That's what I heard too. Some children are not able to catch up when they reach P1. The parents have to do the necessary teachings (preparation for s'pore pri sch) themselves at home.

I did let my girl attend trial enrichment lessons at the Shekinah Montessori School in Punggol Plaza. We went there for 3 lessons and I must say I'm not used to the teaching style. The teacher explains how to use 1 montessori material for each lesson and we are left to explore the rest of the materials ourselves. I like some of the materials which focus on training of my girl's motor skills but there are not much guidance provided. I mean how do my girl know how to play with the material if the teacher doesn't show her how? Like you mentioned they are left to explore and do what they want.

Anyway, my girl seems to enjoy the lessons but not I, haha.

ya, i like dat they hv individual classroom..... i'll call the school on monday to ask how long is their waiting list.....

hehe.... it seems like tis thread onli 3 of us happily chatting away.

kudos to u all dare to take up d challenge as SAHM, i can't sit still at hm n i dun tink i hv d patience to look after my gal esp now she so active.... but getting real stress at work..... haiz.... wish to change job so i hv more time for my gal....

hahaha indeed only the 3 of us. Hope that there will be more mummies can join us here.

miffy, of cos our little one like montessori lessons, everything is new and nobody to control them mah, do what they want to explore and learn. Big head for us mummies lor. Go home explore my things and furniture how hahahahaha.

bluzcorner, yes try calling them. It's really great challenge as SAHM and yesss especially our little one so active, gal still not so bad. Boy being boy u know, very active but it's their nature
happy.gif
nowadays job are getting tougher, more stress. I always think woman is wei da, so many responsible on our shoulder - work, look after child, look after hubby and family.

ya, hope more mummies be joining us.

my girl is a tom-boy, so as active. I also don't have much patience, some days I have the urge to just dump her in childcare and I can finally have some rest. it's so tiring to be a sahm, 24/7 and no mc even when u are sick. but of coz, on times when she kisses & hugs me & did something funny, I can't bear to put her in one. :p

Hi Smile,

Any reason for choosing Intellect Monte Pal Skool House over Kids' Kingdom? The distance?

Hi ladies,

had called kids'kingdom today.....full for next yr liao, now i'm on waiting list no.21. Haiz..... duno can get a place or not.

Smile, ya, being woman is not easy, we got to play so many roles. Just now went take my medical report, doc said i got a bit of high blood pressure, haiz... so stress at work how not to hv high blood....

oh, btw Intellect Monte pal school ex? i'm would like to explore more CC to see if can get a plc.... maybe tis oso contribute to my stress
sad.gif

Miffy, ya, agree wif u,sometimes w/o my gal feel so shiok but can't help missing her blahing away.....

Intellect Monte Pal is quite near to Marina club, somewhere near to Carpe Diem. I chose Kids' Kigdom over Intellect Monte Pal because of the distance and also scare mozzy bite. Otherwise, i would think that is a good school to be in apart from the montessori teaching. The school is clean too and if you are going for montessori, the material they use is quite comprehensive too.

Intellect Monte pal school fee is $650. They provide school bus at a cost lah. So overall, me thought about same or slightly more then Kids' Kingdom lor. Really up to you mummies to go and have a look.

Overall, my hubby and i choose Kids' Kingdom in the end.

Oh dear bluzcorner full for next year!!. Me better fast fast go put deposite liao.

Hi Smile,

ya, better go put deposit soon, if not no vacanies liao. I hope my gal can get a place too, by then we can meet! hehe....

aiyo..... today onli tue..... so tiring..

Hi Bluzcorner,

it's wed today. Hang onzz. yep will be going to put deposite tomorrow. You gal will be joining in which month of next year?

wow full for next yr? so gd biz. if i struck lottery, i shld open a centre myself in punggol, haha.

seem like most childcare has montessori teachings? i worried about giving my girl too much freedom to explore, wonder if will be hard to control her...

Hi Smile,

my gal will turn 18mths next yr march, so if can get a place will send her in by then. How abt your boy?

Hi Miffy,

ya, definitely a very gd biz in punggol. Here got alot of young working parents, open one ctr here sure make profits. haha....

yiippii, today went down to make deposite phew..

bluzcorner - oh ur gal is born in sep. My boy is turning 18mth end of this sep. We will move over to Punggol next yr, enrol him for Nov.

That's gd. Both of u have settled your childcare. Feedback me later on when ur kids are in it, ok?

Hi Smile, where are ur new place? Punggol central there? Now busy with reno planning?

hi miffy, ya somewhere next to the punggol mrt. haha no wor, am still waiting for it to complete and only will take key next yr leh. As for reno, sort of go around see see but too early to commit anything. U mummies already in punggol already ya. How's punggol?? hahaha

Hi Ladies!

Smile, i personally love punggol! It is a nice and peaceful town. Over here you can see alot of young parents with babies and small kids (dat's y all CC r full...haha...)New nice flats all ard.... but d downside is not much nice food.... hope more new coffeeshops r coming up wif new flats.

Miffy, no, i hv not gotten a plc for my gal in CC yet. But worst to worst is i can just upgrade her to the 18mths grp wif the same infant care she is in now. But of cos wif a better choice, i would wanna pull her out n put her in a new CC.

oh btw, heard today's news, Learning vision at punggol area had 16 cases of HFMD n will b closed for 10days. Aiyo... now HFMD so scary.....

bluzcorner, that sounds nice, am looking forward to move over to punggol
happy.gif
oh ya your gal in brightkids ya so you can still hold on there first and wait for Kids Kingdom since you have already put her on wwait list. Oh yes almost forgotten to add. Remember i went down to make deposite yesterday and i went round the CC again. The person told me that the windows are open with fan on most of the time for those playgroup and nusery classes. They will only on the aircon unless really hot. So not to worry about our little one in too much aircon hee hee. Only K1 & K2 classes will have full aircon.

ya heard of the HFMD at Learning Vision but not yet close bah on danger stage hahaha going to be liao if more cases. check this out http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/diseases.aspx?id=418

miffy, are u going to join us at Kids'Kingdom
happy.gif

Hi Bluzcorner, Miffy and Smile!

I am a SAHM staying in Punggol too! My boy 17 months old and my gal 2.5 years old.
happy.gif

Thinking of going back to work next year so have been calling almost all the CCs in Punggol and majority are fully booked!
sad.gif

agreed with bluzcorner that punggol is nice & peaceful. we have many people jogging, flying kites & walking dogs in the wkends. its pretty much like pasir ris, resort town, haha. & ya not much nice food
sad.gif
, so I often go hougang & kovan to eat instead. there'll be a new big shopping mall opening in serangoon end of the yr & I'm sooo looking forward to it. finally, we're going to have a cinema in the nrth-east area!

smile, I thought of placing my girl in childcare when she turns 2, which is jan next yr. but my mum is against it, she rather I leave my girl in her care. oh well, she has her reasons & prob much affected by the rise of HFMD this yr. so, I will prob enroll my girl in a preschool 1st then place her in childcare when she's older (2.5 or 3 yrs old).

hi Ling,

welcome! glad to have u joining us.

how u manage 2 kids by urself? or do u have a helper? cc is very much in demand here & in SK, everywhere is full.

Hi Ling,

welcome to this thread! And yeah, we hv one more mummy joining us!Taking care of 2 kids is so challenging. Hv you put ur kids on wait list for any CC?

brought my gal out wif my friends today.... damn tiring.....

Hi Smile,

i hope next wk kids kingdom will tell me they hv a plc for my gal, then i can stop CC hunting liao. My hubby not helpful at all, he said "worst to worst bright kids lor", so upseting...

haiz....now i'm hoping dat next wk, kids kingdom will call me dat they hv a plc for my gal....

Welcome Ling!!!! Horrayyy more mummies more mummies, do come in often to chit chat ya. Is your boy born in march too cos you've mentioned 17 mth whcih same as my boy hee hee. Yes, most of them are fully book even for next year, you have to put on wait list and put a deposit if necessary to secure a place.

miffy, it's nice to have your mum to help, then just let her join those short hour playgroup ya.

bluzcorner, oh kids kingdom said will revert to you next week? But thought your wait list 21, so fast will know meh. I think they are collecting registration fee for those joining early next year, so if there is anyone give up then you will have a chance. cos i remember they told me now they collecting early yr join baby hahaha cos i KS say i MUST chop and pay. Intially they told be early next yr then they start collecting deposit but i told them i don't feel secure hahaha. The admin lady and principle are kind and nice enough to acccept and entertain me hohoho. haizz all because of my bad experience here in Jurong, i just don't believe in waiting list ;p

Hi Miffy,

No helper leh, all on my own and with hubby’s help when he is around. It is really tough, stressful and tiring as my kids are just 1 year old apart! Time management very important lor, must plan everyday’s routine properly. I find myself like a crazy woman everyday – messy hair, untidy clothes etc! The first year was very tough after I gave birth to my boy, lots of quarrels with hubby and lots of crying among the kids but now better le. Actually I find that it is tough for both working mum and sahm no matter how many kids, it is just not easy being a mummy lor!

Yah, not only CC in great demand here, I find the fees also very high compared to matured estate!

Agreed not much nice food here…stay near Punggol Plaza so quite sick of the food there liao! By the way, which preschool or playgroup you have shortlisted for your gal?

Hi Bluzzcorner,

Yes, very challenging indeed to take care of 2 kids on my own! No matter how tough, is worth it seeing my kids grow up healthy, happy and learn new things everyday! They are my motivation!

I have not put my kids on any waiting list yet as I still can’t decide whether to go back work or not. Just can’t bear to leave them at CC and also worried that they might fall sick frequently. My first choice is also Kids Kingdom but when I called them up earlier this year, was told that their waiting list is very very very long and hinted that no chance even if I put on waiting list.

Hi Smile,

Yes, my boy born in March too! Hee…..

I have not visited any CC yet but maybe I should call them again and make appointment to visit. I very KS, have registered my gal for pre-nursery with Dayspring Kindergarten liao. In dilemma whether to work or not so look for both pre-nursery and CC at the same time.

Hi Smile,

ya, Kids Kingdom told me that they are sorting out their list and will finalise next wk and then revert to me leh.....

haha..... gd move leh, pay d deposit first! Paid liao they die die oso got to leave one vacancy for u.

Hi Ling,

at first when i leave my gal in ifc when she was juz 3mths, i cried d 1st day. Thinking dat so poor thing got to leave in other ppl's care. But as time goes by, i no longer hv tis feeling n i felt dat my gal is very happy there.
i think, why not u juz start of a part time job instead then put ur kids in half day care lor. Anyway, take some time n think abt it bah....

Hi Bluzzcorner,

Thanks for sharing! Actually we have visited Bright Kids IFC 2 years ago, find the place clean and not bad but just can’t bear to leave our gal there.
And thanks for your suggestion, I will take some time to think about it.
happy.gif

Hi Ling,

yes, i would think it's really not easy to handle 2 kids at the same time, i have to salute to you. I am looking around for job and should be going to work once my boy into childcare this Oct, then we have plans for #2 ummm it's going to be tough time for me hee hee.

cool your boy born in March too wow!! My boy is 27th what about yours? Don't think you are KS, heard Dayspring is good and hot cake too but guess if my boy is comfortable with kids kingdom from playground then i should be letting him continue till kindergarden then.

Oh you have went down to have a look at kids kingdom, that's why your first choice? Ya you can try to give them a call and put on wait list, am sure they will do somthing.

Hi Bluzcorner,

good good that they sort out the list, then you might have some chance then. Aiyo no not that i want to trick them lah hahaha. Cos my case is that my boy will only join towards the end of the year which then their kindergarten group will be graduating by then lor. kids kingdom actually tell me to pay begining next yr or end of this yr de as there should not be a problem and seems a bit early if am looking at end of next yr. But me just want to have a peace of mind and sooooo worry hahah then faster go chop lor. They are nice enough to accept my deposit this early also lah. hahahaha Perhaps if they revert to you say full for beining of the year then u ask 2nd half of next yr lor since ur gal is still in brigh kids, then u can like me pay first hahahaha... please don't quote me huh otherwise we all die.. just ask lor, i think shouldn't be a problem if it's towards end of the yr kind of thing. They are quite full even till sep or oct leh. Cos my boy only allow to chop for nov onwards wor.

hi smile,

ya, its nice having my mum to help but she's already taking care of my niece. it will be tough for her to handle 2 kids by herself. I don't really want to tire her out. sigh, will see how...

hi ling,

I'm staying near punggol plaza too. I'm considering sending my girl to wunderkind playgroup, its at one of the blks behind punggol plaza. then when she reaches 3, either send her to dayspring or a childcare centre.

Hi Smile,

When I was pregnant with my boy, many people including close friends and MIL gave lots of negative remarks. To proof them wrong, I just keep telling myself that I can do it no matter how tough!

Think 2 to 4 years apart for no. 2 will be good! You can start to look for job slowly and selectively since your boy only starting next year with Kids Kingdom right? I have not visited Kids Kingdom but my ex-colleague strongly recommended that is why my first choice, haha!

Hee...my boy 16th, he is 11 days older than your boy!
happy.gif
Yah, Dayspring quite hot so I registered my gal on the 1st day they opened for registration in July!

Hi Miffy,

I am thinking of sending my boy to playgroup too if I decided not to go back work. Will check out Wunderkind, thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Miffy,

my mum is staying wif me, but b cos of her health issue, she is unable to help me look after my gal. Or prehaps u can get a maid to help ur mum if u r not putting ur gal to CC? But i feel dat put our children in CC can let them interact wif other kids n learn new stuffs. Anyway, i think either way is ok, depends wat u wan bah

Hi Smile,

hehe.... i will call kids kingdom on fri to see if they completed sorting out d list or not. Actually i'm very anxious leh, scare they dun hv a plc. Yalor, worst to worst stay put at bright kids first lor, but i felt dat is better dun shift her here n there, if not scare she not used to it.

Hi Ling,

at first actually i wanted to choose qdees ifc, but hor, very ex leh. Then bright kids is just behind my blk, so just enrolled there lah. But d teachers there quite friendly la, juz alot of aunties there la.

Hi Miffy,

agree with bluzcorner, perhaps you can get a maid to assist your mum. For me i am totally support and into sending my boy to school so that he can interact and learn more things. Kids nowadays learn very fast and they are just like a sponge can adsorb very fast. First 3 years of their life is crucial in learning. of cos the on the other hand is worry about them falling sick often lor so have to weigh both side.

Hi Ling,

am sure you can do it and i believe that you have been doing well. Well, guess by the time i have #2 will be sort of 3 years apart from my 1st boy to say that need 10 months for pregnancy plus not say try will have also *faint*

Oh my boy will be starting this Oct immediately when he turns 18mth
happy.gif
I will be sending him to one of the childcare here in Jurong then when we move over next year, he will have to transfer to kids kingdom in Punggol. I should be starting work in Nov if i managed to get a job.

Hi bluzcorner,

yes yes, me also feel so anxious and excited for you hahaha. Hope you will have good news from them this Friday. yeah too much shifting might not be good for them but too bad my boy needs to shift once from Jurong to Punggol CC.

well, I don't really like the idea of having a maid. no privacy & need constant supervison. & have to be lucky to get a good one. but if no choice, I will have to get one
sad.gif

I agree kids in childcare get to interact with other kids & with the longer hours, they have the chance to learn more things. And I like the fact that they get to be independent. Even if I do have a maid, I'm considering putting my girl in half-day childcare instead of preschool.

my mum used to work in the childcare centre and I myself have tried working in a student care centre for a year. really pros & cons, have to see which way better suit our needs bah.

anyway, still have time to ponder before I get pregnant with #2 or return to work (both still pending), haha.

hi ling,

when's ur girl starting school in dayspring? jan next yr? do feedback ok? thks!

Hi Bluzcorner,

Yah, heard that Qdees is good but ex lor! We find Bright Kids IFC really not bad but just can't let go at that time to leave my gal there.
Hope Kids Kingdom can confirmed a place for your gal soon!
happy.gif

Hi Smile,

Thanks for the encouragement!
happy.gif
Oic...so another 1 month to go and your boy will be in CC le!
Hope you will be able to get a job soon too!

Hi Miffy,

My gal starting next year Jan and sure, will definitely give feedback here!
happy.gif

Same like you, I also don't really like the idea of having a maid so decided to be a SAHM since no one can help me.

Hi Miffy,

understand how u feel, wif a maid ard really feel no privacy. So i oso dun like d idea of having a maid. But i see some of my friends really cannot live w/o them liao, nid them to do housework n look after kids. Sometimes when i go over their plc, my friends will b playing MJ then me n my gal wif their maids n d kids in another rm. Sometimes i told my hubby dat i feel like maid whenever i go their plc, haha.....

Then i oso contemplating abt hving #2, cos is alot of time n money commitment. My current job pay not too bad but needs alot of time commitment and high stress level. So duno shld try for a 2nd one or not. But only 1 kid, will scare my gal b lonely.

Hi ladies, you gals are so early!!

yes my boy will be going to CC soon, so exciting. Talking about having maid and privacy, i am one with a maid thou am a SAHM hahahaha. I am just like u ladies to begin with doesn't like maid around and find that we have no privacy but after i have my boy am so GLAD to have one. It's really not easy to take care of baby and have to do housechores at the same time, so Ling i have to salute u again, to say you are looking after 2. At least i still have a little of my own time with maid helping out to do the housechores and helping me with my boy here and there though i still prefer to look after my boy on my own.

I gave up my job after delivery as i never believe or rather trust maid to look after my boy even though my maid is real good (i wouldn't want to take the chance) so now that my boy is older going to be 18mth soon again i will still prefer to send him to CC instead of letting my maid to take care as believe my boy can learn better in CC. I don't think my maid can cope also looking after my boy and doing housechorse somehow umm it just doesn't work for me. About privacy, totally alright with that (surprise me a litt) hee hee, so far my maid just very auto ley. I'm just soooo glad to have one, it's really tiring and doesn't have personal time if i don't have 1. hee hee guess it's a trade off.

bluzcorner, yesss should go for #2 hahahah i strongly encourage that. 1 child will be very lonely and too pampered cos we will show ALL our love with just 1 and let them rule over us and crawl ontop of our head to poo poo. If having 2 they also learn to share. Even like now hor i already find my boy so pampered, we are hoping to have a girl hee hee but if it's another boy, i will faint!!! hahahah so Ling u are so lucky to have 1 gal and 1 boy, so envy u.

Back