Any 2009 mummies living in Punggol

Hi Mummies,

Happy New Year......

Hi Miffy,

When is your due date.... me due in April.....

Any mummies see the gynae which is locate at the prime mart ?
Me thinking see him/her for second opinion.....

Hello mummies,

I'm oso residing in punggol and like some of the ladies here, i'm oso a sahm. My boy is 18mths now
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

Happy Lunar New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Wishing all a Prosperous Rabbit Year and Good Health!
happy.gif

Hi Miffy, think it's normal...cos I also worried alot during my 2nd pregnancy and can't sleep well. Maybe can have some hot milk before going to sleep and think positively.
happy.gif

Hi Althea, we are just a bus stop away! Hee...yah, can arrange to meet up and let all our kids play together!
happy.gif

Hi Pegsfur, Welcome!
happy.gif

Hi SAHM,

I really envies you all, how I wish I can also be one of you....

Sad to wake my gal up early in the moring & send her to childcare.... poorthing....

only can spend weekends with her.....

Hi Mummies,

Would like to know how working mums who put their kids in cc deal with kids dinner?
Do you cook after work or eat out.
I was wondering how to cook for my kids when i put them in cc, as I don't wish them to eat outside food so often.
If I cook after work that will very late liao.

Hi ophelia,

Kids will have their dinner in the CC itslef...
they will have it around 5.30 to 6pm.
normally my gal will eat abit of bun or have abit share of my dinner....

Hi Ling,
Tks for the welcome
happy.gif

Kymi,
Hiaz, it's always greener pasture at the other side! I wld like to work instead of being a sahm though
happy.gif

KyMi,
Thanks for your info. That mean they would be having a proper dinner before we bring them home uh. That's good. At least I can packed my own dinner w/o having to worry about cooking dinner :p

Me too hope to be a sahm one day oso, but seem difficult
sad.gif

Hi Althea,
Thanks. ya, think must be preg hormones. I even feel scared sitting in my husband's car when he's driving in the underground expressway. The vibrations of the car made me scared and I had to keep talking to my husband to distract myself. Hope its just a passing phrase, sigh!

I've talked to the GP regarding my stuffy nose & she's asking me try not to use any inhalers. So now I'm trying to live with the on/off stuffy nose problem. Now the weather is getting hotter but my nose cannot stand air-con or blowing fan
sad.gif
the past 2 days I woke up from my sleep as the room's too warm. aiyo, hope its another passing phrase and everything will be fine in the next trimester (praying).

My maid is from Myanmar and she's new. Either my husband will be taking leave or my mil be coming to help train the maid in the first few days. I'm worried about how to communicate to her, as I don't think she can speak much English.

I'm staying near punggol plaza. ya, the kids can play together sometimes
happy.gif

Hi Ophelia,
Not all CC provide dinner. U have to check with the CC which u intend to place ur girl in. U are due next mth rt, how are u feeling? Excited and anxious? Have u decided on the name for ur bb yet?

Hi KyMi,
I'm due in June but my gynae said maybe the bb will arrive in late May, as my elder girl is born 10 days earlier than the EDD. Are you expecting a boy or girl? (Did u mention before? Sorry I can't remb, memory v poor nowadays...).

Hi pegsfur,
Welcome & Happy New Year!

Hi Ling0,
Thks for the suggestion. I tried taking warm milk but it doesn't work for me and I ended up waking a few times to go to the toilet...

Btw, I have a pack of mamypoko Girl pull-up pants L size to give away. Opened but intact as my girl simply refuse to wear them. Anyone interested, pls let me know.

HI Ophelia,

No worries....

Hi miffy,

I am expecting a biy...
happy.gif

Hiaz,

me had a fall just now... falling infront...
wonder he is ok....
sad.gif

monitor his kicking now....
got to see gynae tomolo to ensure he is ok... dare not tel my HB....:p

Hi KyMi,
I'm also expecting a boy. Any difference for u carrying girl vs carrying boy? I find that when carrying my girl, I enjoy my pregnancy more and can eat and sleep better. And my friends commented I have a glow in my face at that time. Now I look so haggard and is always short-tempered
sad.gif

I'm staying at 16X, is it v near u? haha.

If u have intense pain or bleeding, pls go KKH immediately. Otherwise, I think baby shld be fine, being well-protected in the tummy. Dun worry.

Hi Miffy,

Yes there is I alway look for spicy food...When I am having my gal I can eat fish soup everyday....

Yes, there is different. I have sleepless night or sometime can only fall a sleep at around 2 3 am...
:p

I keep on having pimples on my face & chest now when I have my gal I don't have such problems....

I am staying 17XX, hmmm.... we are quite near to each other...
BTW how old is your gal??? my gal is 3 years old now born in 2008....

I monitor that night he is moving & kicking me N thank god no bleeding or cramps or pains...
went to see gynae yesterday... after the scan he said that he is okie... just want me to be more careful next time & even wana give me MC.... hehehehe....

But I din take......

Hi Ling0,
How's your girl at Dayspring? Is she ok with taking the school bus? Think I have to make an appointment with Dayspring to view the premises as the enrollment time may clashes with my confinement time. Thanks.

Hi KyMi,
Thanks for sharing. Seem like true that having boy is more xin gu than having girl.
My girl just turn 2 yrs old last mth. She's in her "terrible two" now, everyday shouting to my husband & me "No"...sigh.
Wow, u are a gd worker, din take MC. But shld try to rest more while u can.

kymi,

Glad to hear that your bb is fine, just be more careful next time
happy.gif

Anyone here sends your kiddo to GUG or Julia Gabriel?

hi miffy,
yah.. I due ard mid mar.. Quite worried as heard many say 2nd bb will have a shorter labour time :p duno will b in time 2 go hospital anot

My gal still have not recover from her flu & cough yet. Had been sick since mid dec, she will be beta when on anti biotic but once stop the sickness get worst again..
Thinking wheather 2 bring her c chinese doc anot, afraid she may pass the virus to her bb sis..

when is dayspring enrollment? I may like 2 take a look as well.

I oso have stuffy nose at nite & frequent cough throughout this pregnancy.. Will get it every 1-2 mth suspect its 1 of the pregnancy symtom 2 but my gp doubt so said its due 2 the flu virus..

Kymi,
beta b careful.. Both my pregnancy is gal, really dun have much symtom.. Maybe having a is easier as heard many said that having a boy would have more smytom..

Hi Miffy,

They are like that as they are jealous with their sibiling.. just like my gal abit only cry.... if not "Bao Bao"... hahaha my gal also like that everything "不要"... OMG.....

I am ok lah so no need MC lor.....
anyway, alway kana tekan by my boss... one person cover one or two person jobs... free also dun wana help... :p

Thanks pegsfur, miffy & Ophelia....
I am also glad that he is ok if not me dead man.... he is the first grandson.. my in law will hate me if anything happen to him....

Hey pegsfur,

sent my gal to Julia Gabriel before its good but expensive lor...
likes the teacher there they are FUN....
My gal like one of the teacher very much his name is Farhan.... till now she still remember him..

mummies,

getting confinement lady or DIY or halp out by MIL...
me geting CL and it cost me $2K, so ex.

My gal nanny's neighbour send her two kids to Dayspring... she said that the school is good..

BTW I know that Ophelia is Working mum.
Then pegsfur & miffy SAHM or WM?

hi mummies,

i have got a 18.5mth boy born in July2009 too! we've been staying in punggol (near punggol MRT)for slightly more than a year..

my son is in Bright Kids Blk 192.

Hi mummies,

Please ignore the emai I posted for Desitin creamy....

Tried to delete but was unsucessful....

Hi pegsfur,
My girl was in GUG wkend class for 2 terms. Found that she's losing interest in the lesson, so withdrew her.

Hi Ophelia,
Ya, that's what I heard too. 2nd bb will come out faster. I think I don't have the time to wash my hair, bathe and take my own sweet time to go to the hospital this time. Better to rush to the hospital immediately.
Maybe can consider bringing ur girl to see chinese doc if she's not showing signs of improvement. I don't think its gd for young kids to take antibiotics for long time.
Heard Dayspring enrollment is ard Jul. I will try to contact them one of these days to confirm and see if I can go visit the place earlier. Heard they have 2 branches in punggol.

Hi KyMi,
I'm a SAHM. Mine also, 1st grandson both my side & husband's. I'm getting a confinement lady this time and fully agree with u that its so ex. She's charging me $2.2k. Heard a friend did her confinement during CNY and costed her $3k!

Hi Joyful,
Welcome!

Hi Miffy,

Woh, so good can be SAHM...
how come yours so ex $2.2K.Yah, CNY is that rate lor... In 2008 I paid $2800 for mine as my gal was born two week before CNY.

I really envy you & Ophelia can go thru normal delivery...
I will be going thru C-sect this time round again as my first one is a breech baby so got to c-sect... then my gynae said since the first one already c-sect no different whether i go thru c-sect or normal delivery for second one.
Sianz....
sad.gif

kymi,
I wanted to go for trial class for Julia gabriel but so hard to get a slot. So i enrolled my boy for GUG. Cld you remember how much was the fees for JG?

I'm a SAHM
happy.gif

miffy,
My boy is in GUG weekday class but recently he oso seems like losing interest. I'm not sure if it's the environment cos the class was cramped and we have 10 kids in the class. It can get really noisy & distractive. Dunno if i shld let him continue tots class for next term or let him take a break, or even join other schools.

joyful,
Haha .. u r here also
happy.gif

Hi Ophelia,
I called up Dayspring today and confirmed the enrollment for 2009 kids is in Jul. However, they are busy right now and the person I spoke to ask me to contact them again in May to see if I can visit the school.

Hi KyMi,
Huh, how come your gynae said no difference? I mean the recovery period for C-sect is longer leh, maybe u wanna discuss with ur gynae again? I'm supposed to have C-sect for my girl cos' I had a low-laying placenta. But my waterbag bursted before the C-sect date and my gynae asked me to try natural. She said since I'm already on epidural, try natural, if not sucessful then straight to the op room.

Hi pegsfur,
Ya, maybe this is the case with my girl too. Cos' when I brought her to a trial lesson at Leap School Hse, there's only 3 other kids and she's more particpative. I thought she could get more involved after spending 2 terms at GUG but apparently not...sigh.

Hi Miffy,

Thanks for the info.
Brought my gal to PD again, this time she tell us to bring my gal to ENT scope.
I inend to let my gal try chinese medicine 1st. My MIL suggest we try the medicine powder from Yu Yan Seng which said to clear phelgm. Don't know how much will that help.
Has any good & reputable chinese doc who is good at dianosing young children?

Hi pegsfur & joyful
Welcome.

Kymi,
I did enjoy the process of natural birth, it feel so wonderful. Too bad I could not bear the last state of contraction & opt for edidural in the end :p
Well will try again this time round hope I will be ablel to endure it since the labour may b shorter :p

I will be getting confinement lady also, cost $2k.

Hi pegsfur,

Sorry cnt remember...I check it out & let you know again..

Hi miffy,

For him no different mah... as its just another baby being born... & he also said that I am 36 liao so beta dun take the risk...SO funny, my colleague 40plus liao still can go thru natural birth... SHe have 3 kids....I will try to talk to him again as I might insist that i want natural birth lor just afraid my hubby might not be around with me...
sad.gif
as he is going for business trip in april or May..
My due date is in April..

Hi Ophelia,

Thats good... hopefully I can experience it myself this time round....
happy.gif
you due in March??? Jia you... Jia You....

yah lor, its beta a get a CL.. so can rest probably....
I will be doing 40days instead of 28 days as this will be my last confinement...
stopping at 2... :p
hehehehe.....

Hi Ophelia,
My relatives go to a chinese doc at amk but I'm not sure if he's gd in treating young kids...
Wow u can still bear the contractions until the last state. For me, when my gynae came to see me and asked me if I want epidural, I immediately said YES. My back's aching like crazy and I could hardly walk from the car to the delivery room.

Hi KyMi,
How much is ur CL charging for the extra days? I hope I can breastfeed longer this time with the CL around. I didn't have much milk when I had my girl
sad.gif

Hi miffy,

Dun know lei. I haven check with her .
Maybe another 800 to 1k bah..
I also hv the same problem as you not much milk...
This time getting CL to cook boil more papaya with fish soup to increase breast milk...

Hi Kymi & Miffy,

Had u all try medala dual pump said to improve breast milk.
I got 1 for my 1st prenancy, don't know is it due to the pump, I had plenty of milk.
I even had enough to give away some to my friend & even throw away quite alot.
I breastfeed till she is 15mth old when my milk flow slowly decrease.
Hope I would still have that much of milk flow for my 2nd gal :p

Hi ophelia,

I was using medela mini electric... Its painful n extract not much.. Then i bot the dual pump during motherhood fair but still the same.. I tried all kinds of methods, take feugreen, drink fish soup, fresh milk even injection but still the same till i stop breast feeding my gal when she was 6th mths old.

Since your first one you have lots of milk second one will be the same lor....

kymi,

I was oso using medela mini electric plus (dual pump). I oso din have much milk no matter no hard I pumped & squeezed. My breast milk was supplementing formular milk instead. I stopped completely after 2 mths. I salute u still can tahan till 6 mths!

But i've been told by friends (tried & tested)must use better pumps like Swing or freestyle in order to see results. Maybe next time if i have #2 den consider to buy better pumps bah
happy.gif

I was using electric plus oso, dual pump.. Hmm, was hard initially, end up I only used 1 pump at a time.. 1 hand hold, 1 hand squeeze.. Lasted almost 1yr..

Need to pump as often as Bb drink.. I even wake up twice a nite during confinement to pump wen my CL feed my son..

Hi KyMi,
Did u have a confinement lady for ur 1st confinement? I told the CL I hired that I didn't have enough milk for my girl and she told me its becos' I didn't have enough sleep, eps at night. She said it's best that I breastfeed latest till 11pm and sleep till 8am and she will do the night feeding for me.
My mum said its in the genes, as she didn't have much milk too. My sister too but at least she's better than me. She managed to breastfeed for 6 mths while I stopped after 2.5 mths. Like pegsfur, my breast milk was supplementing formula milk
sad.gif

Hi Ophelia,
How I envy u...my friend too, she had lots milk and when her son had rashes, she even used the milk to bathe her son to improve his complexion.

Hi Pegsfur,

That's the best I can do lor..
happy.gif

yah, thats what my friend told me she find that when she use freestyle she get more milk & its easier...
I don't know whether wana buy online or not US set at either 350SGD or 450SGD but got to get own converter at the voltage is different from SG.

Hi Joyful,

Is Bright kids good?
what time they close?
Left msg but they din get back to me as i am staying near the punggol plaza side.

Hi miffy,

Yes, I do hv CL for my 1st confinement but she is not very good... She keep on saying that my gal is not full keep on asking me to feed her formula...
My mum not around liao if not can ask her...
heheheh...
happy.gif

you let baby sleep with CL? My baby sleep with me thru out the confinement period.
That CL really vomitting blood....

Kymi

Bright kids is passable standard lah.. IFC was good, cc just started Nt long ago so can't comment yet.

Teachers r nice to constantly try to engage my son wen e first 2 weeks were a total horror for him..

He settled down after 2 weeks which I tot is Nt bad..

For a non aircon cc, kinda exp.. But most impt he is well taken care of..

Hi JoyFul,

How much is the fee?
Currently I was paying $427 after subsidy..
but close at 9pm
they even open on saturday from 7 to 2pm.

Hi KyMi,
I didn't get a confinement lady for my 1st confinement. My dad did the confinement cooking while my mum took care of my girl. The CL I engaged for my 2nd confinement requests a room for herself and baby only, She asks me to pump out the breastmilk so that she can do the night feeding for me while I sleep.
How is ur girl at Faith CC? I asked my girl if she want to go school but she keeps saying no, sigh...

Hi Joyful,
How did u train ur son to sleep at 8.30pm? Did he wake up early in the morning? My girl used to sleep at 10pm now even worse, sleep at 12pm or 1pm. Ny hb saying to send her to cc at 7am so that she can sleep earlier at night but I wonder if it will really work?

miffy,

since young he sleep early. Environment is quiet proably. he was at IFC since 3.5mth.. every nite come back, wash him up, change him into PJ, feed him milk and he will doze off ler. before 8mth old, he can sleep as early as 7.30pm.. but he wakes up at 7am loh.. sometimes even earlier..

slowly slowly, he is sleeping later. now got to eat dinner, then can shower, so 8.30pm is the earliest to jump into bed. drink milk then sleep.. once in awhile, he will toss and play for 30mins b4 dozing off.. on weekends, auto-wake up by 7.30am.. but weekdays, waking him up is a struggle.. we wake him up to wash up ard 6.45am only..

CC only give 1 nap a day. if she can slp in noisy environment, the latest oso 3pm have to wake up ler.. if she really cant tahan, then she will sleep earli, otherwise she will continue to be cranky till the usual bedtime.

is a sacrifice in order to make him sleep early. we cant go out late.. and the hse will be quiet by 9pm.

Hi joyful,

ohr okie... only different by $50.
Wah, so good sleep early.My gal same like miffy's kid sleep very late, she can sleep as late as 1am.... :p

Hi Miffy,

I can only said that the CC is okay only...
I realise that my gal learn alot from there but their teacher are not very friendly lor... other than that its still quite okay lor...
My gal also said she don't want to go CC in the beginning. Whenever I send her there she will cry like hell but when my hubby bring her there she sound sad but she din cry... so my hubby send her every morning for nearly one month....
now she only wants me to send her.. she will say bye bye to me & go to her classroom....

so if you really want to put her in CC.. try to let her go half day first then slowly extend the hours... let they slowly get use to the routine... when they have their favourite teacher or friends they will be okay...

Hi Miffy, sorry for my late reply! Dayspring so far so good...most important, my gal enjoys going to school!
happy.gif

Hi Joyful,
Thks for sharing. Hope I can train my girl to wake up and sleep earlier.

Hi Kymi,
I called Faith but they do not offer half-day only full-day childcare. Carpe Diem and My first skool @ Blk 166 are full and they don't even let me leave my name on the waiting list. I'm in Kids Kingdom's waiting list but not sure how long is the wait. Kinderland is the only one with immed vacancy and I'm bringing my girl for a visit next week.

Hi Ling0,
Thks for ur reply. Seem like every kid enjoys schooling in Dayspring. Is ur girl at the marina country club or ponggol end branch? I'm at a loss to whether to send my girl there or to childcare, sigh.

Anyone know how's Learning Vision? Saw its advertisement that the school emphasizes on parents and kid bonding. Any idea if its gd?

Kymi, from what I can recall right now...

Items for hospital bag:
- pyjamas
- comb/ makeup (if u are expecting visitors
- hp & charger
- maternity pads (if u don't like the loop kind hosp provides)
- nursing bras
- jacket (if u are not used to sleeping in aircon rm)
- a set of clothes for discharge day
- stemcord/cordlife "package" for gynae (if u sign up for cord banking)
- own IC

Back