All about beauty....

oh i forgot to add. dunno how many pple here shops in the USA but borderlinx (the shipping forwarding company) has 20% discount until mid next month. The code is 963147.

I dun work for them, in fact had some horrible experience b4 but when things dun go wrong, they r pretty good and their USA office is generally better than the rest. so jus sharing good stuff in case any one needs.

happy shopping.

Mummies who find miracle lash serum not working on them, pls try applying the serum fr the root of the lashes n not just the lashes. I even dabbed the serum on the roots to get the full benefits.

yo banazz!!!

hmmm... like that...i duno to buy or not leh

the miracle lash i tried before...need alot of discipline to apply but for me i tried before and so far not bad...
but now i back to square one..lazy to apply
happy.gif

ah net...sorry i cant make it on friday... my work also piling up
sad.gif
working mother leh

mumofIT...i tried another brand from browhaus...then hair growth is much better...and i also faithfully put it on one of my eyebrow botak patch..after apply for 1-2weeks i do see small little hair start to grow...

cloudme... i tried before the lip ice...duno why my lips start to have residue after a few hours... haiz

anyone try eyebrow embriodery??? whenever i go browhaus to do the plucking and upper lip threading...always try to ask me to "wen mei..."

aiyo...exp leh...

back again... was watching the "fire"... doing pear/apple/peach puree for my baby... later going to freeze it... lol... cannot imagine this siao zhar bor doing this right...

oh ya... today i went Adonis to do my pedicure...and they intro me a exfoliating gel to scrub off my hands dead skin..so far not bad wor...

usually my hands very very dry and flaky...after the scrub feel smoother... but bank account BLEED n bleed!!!

my hubby nearly fell off the chair when he heard i sign a pedicure package..lol..woman!!

Can I know if the mask should be stored in fridge? Would the effect be better? If yes, all type can or only certain type? I bought 24k gold mask and both baa baa mask.. Cos I read at other thread abt storing it in fridge.

If got to store in fridge then I jialat... Songlim gonna courier my additional order tmr. Then one day my ah lao open the fridge, sure pi ja lobang.. Now all masks kept in my girls' wardrobe..

herbal mum, sounds like dry lips. i'm trying to remember to put a thick layer of some lip balm or petroleum b4 zz then next day the lips r better conditioned. but i forget more often than remember. hehe.

i threading also never try, dun say embroidery. my kids never take puree. dun seem to like mashy food. they take to porridge n table food v early on. my boys both started eating rice at ard 9 mths. so we never had to prep such food in our house. my mom v scared of such 'ley chey' as she would call it.

pedicure? u ever consider getting a foot scrub to do it? thot places like body shop will have. I know Bath n Body Works in the US got a lot n quite well known.

pretty angel, I dun store mine in the fridge, jus in cool places outta the sun. already v cold when it comes onto my face. cannot tahan if too cold also. plus fridge will have no space for all the masks. whether got effects etc must ask songlim liao.

herbal_mummy
u doing any veg puree for ur baby?
happy.gif

i love the philips steamer cum blender. Excellent product!!

pretty_angel
I dont store mask in fridge.
Only put in the fridge before i use.
If forgot to put and wana use, i will put in freezer for 2mins.
Not too long else the juice in the mask will freeze up.

Thanks everyone for the advice.. I think wanna use than put in freezer for 2 mins would works for me. I veri forgetful de. If need to put any longer, sure forget to do it. Then it's like putting ice pack on face, shiok ah....

Ahnet why u didn't try threading? It's pain lar but the results not bad leh I find the growth of hair slower and finer

Ohhh... Then u lucky ur kids no need purée... Me also do a few months lar ... Since this baby love food so I must be hardworking to intro more varieties :p

Pedicure... I find it more relaxing and no need headache over nail colors or polish drying up... Just go there they will do the job... If I buy foot scrub I doubt I have time to do at home

Redips... No leh this round I didn't do vegetables coz my mil already giving potato n carrot with pork/chicken porridge liao

The fruits purée are desserts... I didn't use Philip steamer+blender... Using traditional way to steam then use a hand blender then freeze it

Pretty angel... Same like them I only put in fridge a few mask and use ... I don't put all inside fridge... No space leh

redips,
thanks for review on lip ice-sheer color...

i bought a strawberry one and the color is so off...

herbal_mum,
thanks, hmmm i used yesterday no residue...

re:bb cream
i got lots of bb cream...
got "Starwhite SPF35 BB Cream" tooo thick for me, my skin cant really breath;
got "dodo palgatong Sunny BB cream SPF 25 PA++" ok only
got "2N Nine One Nine Melasleep Whitening BB Cream" so far its the best
got "BRTC jasmine water bb cream" also not suitable for me...
and lastly for sunblock silkpro supersun blocksilk ~this got a tint of color... its very good for me when i forgot my bb cream...

banazz... here goes... *Sorry for those not keen in puree**

What I normally do is this
1) Peel the skin of apple/pear/peach
2) cut to smaller pieces
3) put into the rice cooker with those steamer tray (meant to steam bao etc)
4) Once the cooker start boiling, i will use chopstick to poke and see soft bo... if most are soft... Off the cooker
5) Scoop out n blend
6) Pour into those cubes and freeze it
7) Before consumption will take out and let it defroze

For myself i prefer to peel the skin off else its harder to take out skin to blend later on...also using those baby cubes, u can try ice cube tray to freeze the puree so no need to do everyday... normally i do a batch of 7, can last a week!
happy.gif

Herbal_mummy, lotsa thanks! Gonna try it out after coming home from the gathering later today, or emm... tonight ba. Yippee! But hor, steam the fruits... Will that remove all those good nutrients in it?

banazz...how old is ur kid? i read before steaming will not destroy all the nutrients... this is what we usually do for the baby puree lar...steam, blend, freeze...

in fact pureee is the first few baby food apart from those brown rice cereal which we intro to babies...

if ur kid more than 9months, can consider giving raw fruit...but some are abit acidic....so steaming will somehow "sweeten" them

halo!!

Last few nights din manage to come in to chat cos my DS helping me boil my blood so BP went up must sleep early.... ha ha ha

I asked about BB cream for fun only. Beauty thread mah. ha..ha ha.. For myself, I use BB cream as foundation. Previously I used Skin79 Hot Pink which was ok for me. Currently using Dr Jart Black. Next in line is a gift from my friend. - Missha Perfect Cover No 23. Actually BB cream can use very long. After that I will probably get Etude House Mineral BB Cream.

I see Ahnet and Cloudme also tried many many BB cream..
happy.gif

After seeing above, I'm giving Miracle Lash Serum another chance HA HA HA... since yesterday I made sure the serum touched the roots..
happy.gif

Oh, I suddenly remember some of the gals must be chatting face to face now
happy.gif
Ahnet, Banazz and Redips? How about Songlim?

Herbal_mummy, my girl is coming to 1.5 yrs already. Actually I wanna do puree for variety only : p

Peace! *wave* Here we are at drac's place. Chatting away : )

gl_gallery
i am lazy to stick fake lashes.will only stick it on occasion. usually work i apply mascara.. tinking to try extention. having lobangs in between will look ugly??? rough cost for extention and touching up?

herbal mum
u mean browhaus for eye brow hair growth? also will help on eye lashes?

ladies
please enjoy the gathering.. how i wish i am there... diao... at work.. so slpyzzz...

BB cream
i got the face shop one. it's ok for me leh/ because i am "red" skin. hence, the white it's fine for me. on the first application is white.. but awhile later will oxidize. blend to ur skin tone.. i got a dior bb cream sample.. will try when i travel. lolz. duno branded one good to use anot..

mumofT....
yeah..they do sell a hair growth oil... tonite i go home take pict... similar to the miracle lash serum lar...

but was told to apply on my botak patch on eyebrow and so far DID GROW!!!!!!

banazz....1.5YO can eat raw fruit liao lor.. .but u can try doing and see if she likes it...if she eat... the effort be worth it...

else ur BP will be like peace...UP UP UP...

hey u all at SL place... help pack leh...then we can get our loots faster!!! lol

Anyone Miss me? Courtesy of ms Dracula, i jus arrived home, drained n flat. My only solace is i wasn't the only one. Still need to go out, so I'll chat w u guys later, if still got energy left. ...

Herbal_mum, yap my girl taking them raw now but she now suddenly dislike solid food. So is thinking of getting more variety for her...

AhNet, y r u home only now?? U left pretty early mah... Dun tell me u went round the estate again? I'm now still in train, heading home. Tired...

Esther, wru? See this msg?? Ur lip painter is with drac now. She will courier everything to u together with ur barang. No worries about lost mail now..

Banazz: You today at Joyce house work part time is it? Sorry ah! Today real bz at work.... Joyce call at wrong time so cannot chit chat with you girls. Can't wait for my mask to arrive. I only left with 2 pcs of eye masks nia. Having hard time rationing.

banazz & ahnet
i also super tired.
reach home near 10pm. super long journey.
almost missed my stop. :p

herbal_mummy
grow eyebrow. i interested!!
xpensive mah?
so it's just apply like mascara, but it's on eyebrow instead right?
btw, can buy from whr?
happy.gif

Ann, today I indeed suffer at drac's den... It's can see cannot touch for me. So many goodies there, but they dun belong to me. Sob sob... But luckily I didn't go home empty handed. I took back a few empty boxes to store my loot at home : p Drac n e rest must be thinking that i am like those carton collection auntie... lol...

Redips, hope ur hb is not upset with doing that extra "OT". *wink*

banazz n redips, wah ai, what time did u girls stay till?

Waited for a painfully long time for the feeder bus lah. finished 5 telephone conversations and reading my file still haven't come. Then slow ride to mrt etc. hubby actually picked me up 1/2 way at queenstown then we went to sort something out before reaching home close to 7. If i took the train all the way, it would have been ard the same time. shag.

redips, ur hubby so sweet. Lucky gal. :D

to answer past comments...

Peace, got lah, other brands also have bb cream or mayb they call it bb creme. to name a few, Maybelline is US brand right? have. then dr. wu , naruko and beauty maker are Taiwanese brands, also have, boscia is japanese also have. Oh u reminded me, i've got two Dr. Jart bb cream samples from my last sephora haul. must try sometime. then mayb can get the brtc ones to try, i think can get samples from the samplestore. i think even ginvera also have nowadays. hehe.

never take any pictures at drac's house... should have taken one w all the serums lah, ampoules lah, mountain of masks lah, then make all the pple here drool. we had a lot of fun laughing at Banazz 'double decker bus'. hahahahaha.

herbal_mum, i am thinking abt 'your/my temptation' n will reply u soon. never try threading cos waiting for reliable intro mah. some of the shops hor... i dare not go try. jus like tt lor. i never even do pedicure in my life b4. sigh. mayb when i really got the time n money then can. as for puree, i cannot b bothered. u see the way my kids eat fruits hor, i doubt they can wait for the puree to appear. hahahaha.

lip painter, i got mine yesterday n only tried it on today in the afternn. after being duly warned n advised by banazz, i put on a v v v light layer that turned slightly pink. 4 hours and one oily meal, still got a bit of pink left. overall, okay. will need to try a few more times to see if it would wow me.

hope everyone's having a good weekend!

AhNet, where to get the lip painter? I hv a bit of anemia, so my lips can look v pale without lipstick, but lazy to always keep on applying... Can apply lipstick on top of this lip painter??

sharon, someone's selling it on the SMH. I got mine with banazz. I think she posted the link to the forum page on an earlier msg on this thread. mayb u wanna scroll up n find? A number of us bought i think. Peace u bought also right? got it n tried yet?

can apply gloss or lipstick on top. shld b any problem. if planning on putting lipstick, then put a v thin layer. chk out banazz's review on it in this thread which she also posted on the bp thread.

sharon, u got take iron supplements? i kena big time scolding from my gynae when i became slightly anemic during my last preggy and didnt take my supplements regularly then. keke.

Hihi.. Everyone..

How was everyone's weekend?
happy.gif

Ahnet, I just tried the lip painter. I applied, then count to 3 and pat off excess. Wah.. looks more pinkish red on my lips. So I applied my very nude gloss.. then ok bah.. later i give another update.. ha ha..

Ahnet/ banazz/ redips,.. wah.. seems you gals had a tiring day at SL place... he he he... heard from her you gals stay North East (NE) or North area. She was suggesting organizing BBQ at my place (I stay North East) for the next gathering... hmm.. any other suggestions?

hallo jappooh, welcome back. where did u go? had fun?

Hi Peace, quiet monday as usual hor. hehe. this weekend was v tiring for me. but so are most weekends. for sahm, it seems the weekends are worse than weekdays. hahaha.

i jus applied my lip painter for the day also. acceptably pink-red. no gloss. so see how later. nobody see also want to put foundation n lip painter, so hiao these days. hehehe. What i've been up to recently - trying to figure out what shade of foundation i am. am trying this new mineral makeup tt's quite good but haven't figure out my right shade yet. told my fren that when i see her i will put one shade on one side, another on the other n she help me see cos i'm turning colour blind liao, kua bo. hahaha. super crazy.

As for the next gathering, i guess the challenge is trying to find a location that is ok to take a possibly high number of children plus adults and have things to do for both. Cost is of cos another factor. Since i survived travelling to jurong n had a peng san day there, so long as nobody suggests pulau ubin or sisters island i shld b ok. hahahaha.

i wanna throw one more date out for us to consider. Cos I know many pple will still have to take leave etc n pref not but still like to meet. How does the afternn of Saturday 8 Oct sound to everyone? I know the whole enrichment programme/ family dinners thingy but jus to get a sense of how many pple are ok to meet on a sat afternn.

Let's start talking yah? :D

Jappooh, u went on holiday? How's ur trip?

Peace, u stay north east side? Then ur place will be perfect le. Keke.. If we r doing BBQ, it will be good if we can go to some1's place. Cos recreation parks r not so convenient for ppl with young kids.

AhNet ah, at least u dun hv to choo choo train home on ur own. Ur hb fetch u up somewhere rite? Redips n I suffer badly. Our bum bum r totally flat by the time we reached home. N for me, apart fr flat bums, I also look very kuku too. Carrying 1 big plastic bag of empty boxes... That's e price to pay for being so ah soh, grabbing empty box. Haiz... But at least, my masks now have a decent home...

banazz,

yes went disneyland. this is the 2nd time i go.
This time the rides and photo need to Q. 1st time i go dun need to q loh but i think rare lar.

kids i keep holding their hands loh. I also heard alot of the abducted story so scary loh.

jappooh, sounds fun. the first n last time i went to hk was quite a number of years ago, before disneyland was built. i think i wont b able to go there until the kids r much older. i also heard my share of scary stories. but more imptly, i heard that the service there is not as good as the other disney franchise. how did u find it?

pretty angel, i get ur msg in my inbox but not here, dunno y. so sry to hear abt ur hubby. i hope he's feeling better by now. take care yah.

as for the gathering, let's see how the response goes. We are now looking at mayb sat 8th Oct to cater to those who are working so tt they need not take leave. Response and suggestion of location appreciated.

banazz, i still took the train for a couple of stops lah. jus no need all the way up, otherwise my butt will b jus as flat. u think if the others know what's in our 'goodies bag' this last gathering, they would wanna come? U got the biggest haul somemore... hahahahaha.

AhNet, I posted in the thread but don't know why kana hang and my posting was gone. Lazy to retype again...

Ya he's beta now. Thanks. Yesterday discharged from hospital, today went back to work... He was given 1 month MC leh, so can imagine how serious he was?

Men are just stubborn, aren't they?

Pretty angel,

good to know tt he's ok. well, some men do take their responsibilities very seriously. i told hubby b4, when u need to rest, rest, the company pays for u to be alive and working for them, not dead.

having said that, u rather they take their responsibilities seriously yah? hehe. :D well wishes and cook plenty of tonic for him.

Need help here... Who was it that tried the collagen mask from the snowwhite bp thread? That day someone mentioned about buying the masks to try rite? That bp now has a bundle for collagen masks. Dunno if I shd get it or not..

These days has been real quite. Everyone's been bz about with the work n family. I'm now planning for ds birthday. Is thinking of baking cupcakes again for his sch celebration but can't find those cupcake boxes with inserts. Anyone who where to get them?

Oh yes, where is drac? No news of her nowadays. Must be bz chasing supplier for goods. Kind of miss her bp now. Very wallet draining but very fun too. Dunno when will she come back into action. *calling for drac*

AhNet, thanks for your concern. No tonic for him, his health can't take it now. But I make sure I summon him back from work by 2 pm every day and eat healthier.

Banazz, you can try Phoon Huat.. I get all my bakery supplies there...

Pretty angel, I can't find the plain ones with inserts at phoon huat. Those boxes they have are too flowery. I want the plain white ones. Shall continue searching... Emm, ur hb can't take tonic.. How about boiling soup for him? Full of nutrients and non fatty...

hi all,

yeah it's been kinda quiet. I suan banazz also she no hue me and still say i quiet. sigh.
keke.

Pretty angel, second banazz on the soup suggestion.

Banazz, dunno who tried the collagen masks. I haven't. mayb will buy jus one or two pieces to try. too many masks at home liao. the last few days got tired n lazy n never put. then finally made myself put on a strawberry masks yesterday. so this morning was a wow morning. haha. can't help u on the cupcake/box thingy, but if i see anything i'll let u know.

call drac n scold her. tell her it's sundown n time to come out. hahaha.

Back