Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

My experience for the iui differs though. 1st, I cramp for a few days, after ok. 2nd, cramps for 2 weeks till AF report. 3rd, cramp for a day, den feel normal & good till now. DOc say our body react to the hormones differently. SO confusing.

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility after ttc for 2 years. I tracked my ovulation with my gynae for several months but no positive outcome.. so my dh and I decided to proceed to the next stage, We saw Dr LC Cheng and after 1 cycle of monitoring, we decided to proceed with IUI. After 2 cycles of failed IUI, we decided to proceed with IVF. And we are happy to say that we are finally blessed with a pregnancy after our first IVF attempt!! We did our IVF at CARE with Dr LC Cheng.

So Ladies, do not ever give up hope!!! Baby dusts to all!!

Congrats Mary!! Catching your baby dust
happy.gif

lynx,

IUI success rate is about 10-15%. Lucky ones may strike on the first time. I failed 3 already. 1 clomid-iui, 2 so-iui. Did your doc advised u anything?

hi PL,

haven't see doc yet. gg to see in 2 wks time. but she ever advised that if iui fails, go straight to ivf. haiz....

Anyway, is mood vry important during the 2 weeks wait after IUI?? My mood was swinging vry vry badly due to people in my office.

PL, hurry coz the doc says i am not young liao. so dun waste time. older i get, the success rate oso nosedive. me coming 35

I see. Normally during the 2ww must stay as happy & calm as possible. Watch your diet.

I do iui cos of hb's troops not ideal. How abt urs?

oni the morpho not gd.. last test was 1 yr ago. haha.. duno got improvement anot after his vit E & C. supp to start IUI last yr sept but i went for TCM abt 6mths b4 starting IUI in june.

They dun give report on the failure. This month I got 4 follicles, still failed. Sigh. U see, ivf success rate abt 30-40%. They use good follicle & sperm. The rest is up to the implantation. I am just wondering if implantation is so difficult to happen?

I am with TMC Dr Joycelyn Wong. u?

Am with KKH - Dr Sadhana. Anyway, don't get to see her thru'out the IUI. Only either succeed or fail then see her on the allocated date.
So you intend to go for IVF nxt??

No, I still got 1 more try on iui, then ivf lo. But I am not prepared for ivf yet, dunno how. But I am taking a break first, I want to go see tcm. Its better to solve the problem on hb's troops first leh, if not everytime waste time & effort & money, all failed.

Hi lunx_sea

I am going to see Dr Sadhana this month. Is she approachable?
My husband and l were also thinking of giving it a break and go prepare our bodies and go back to gynae next year. I am contemplating between tcm with either thomson or raffles hospital? Any suggestions.

Hi princessleopard

Guess we are sharing the same sentiments on IVF. I had 1 failed iui and it took me 1 month to come out of it. I am definitely going to go tcm and prepare our bodies, hopefully become more healthy and then go back to gynae. On another hand l also read that fertility treatment must be continual. Not sure if this couple of months of break is going to do us more harm then good?

PL, how old r u?? Didn't know they allow so many tries of IUI leh.
Glimmer, Dr Sadhana is ok but kinda decide things for me pretty fast. She has laid out all tests I need to do and of coz which procedure to go for in order to save time on trying naturally due to my age. Cost wise, KKH shd be advisable. TMC i still quite worried abt the case of mix up sperm. hahaha.. Raffles i believe it is costly.

Glimmer,

My first iui was abt 9 mths ago. Then these 2 mths I do iui consecutively. I did read online that the more we do, the chances will increase but I cannot find info whether it must be continual. Back then when I say I wanna a break. Doc say ok. She only highlight to me i got one more chance of iui. So sian. I am taking a break again. I thought continual maybe higher chance but still failed. Some ppl so lucky, first iui strike le.

But I really think its waste of money & effort leh, cos we know where is the prob. Should solve that problem & try again. But I hope if can natural better still. My new tcm say his patients take 6 mths medi conceive le. many of them also failed a lot of iui. I hope this tcm is good.

Hey PL, Which tcm u go to? I am seeing the one at race course road leh. Been taking chinese med oso for like 6-8 mths. take BBT every morning for mths too but still no gd news. Don't know wat's the prob
kao_cry.gif

I went to teban garden one. Its my fren's fil. We got married 1 mth apart, she now 3 kids le, I still no gd news. So, she told me must go to her fil lo. But I just go once lately. Dunno if he really good. Will update u.

Have u & hb done any tests before?

wat tests?? HSG done oredi lor. fallopian tube clear. wat other test? was on letrozole b4 n blood test but din ovulate. so for the iui, i was on 100_?? puregon

I done hsg & hb done semen test. I ovulate every mth naturally so I am not on any drugs other than iui. So, for iui, i took clomid 50mg only.
Do u have ovulation prob?

How to determine if ovulate every mth?? this KK oso nvr tell me clearly. Only the IUI says inject pregnyl cfm sure ovulate.

To determine ovulation, u can either use bbt (which u r doing so), and opk and observe your cervical mucus.

For me, ever since i start ttc, my cervical mucus not as obvious compare to before, so i do bbt every day & opk on CD13-18. This is adviced from my gynae depending on my Af cycle.

hmmm if base on BBT I shd ovulate last few months coz the temperature did dip n shoot up again but according to the graph, my tcm doc said the progesterone level cld be low for me to sustain the high temperature.

oh use once awhile only. but always negative then didn't want to use anymore. very siong to use it. coz am using guardian one.

err siao siao one. sometimes regular but sometimes diff by few days. those cheap one i oso duno accurate or not. Look filmsy

Ok, why I need to measure mine although I ovulate every mth cos my cycle range from 27-32 days. So, doc advised to start using opk from D13-18. Within these period I should get positive. No worries, the cheap ones still work, every mth I get positive. They tally with my bbt results too.

Hi lunx_sea

I was with Dr Hii and after my failed iui when l called the clinic to inform the nurse straight away told me next step is ivf. I also don't know why. And l started seeing Dr Hii since Jan this year and all l have done transvaginal ultrasound on 12 day of my cycle. I don't know if that alone is enough and l know my follicles are small usually like 8mm around there so l was on clomid and even took Gonal-F injections before my iui.

I am just confused do they usually do blood test? If Dr. Sadhana lays out a detailed plan of tests to be carried out. That'll be good for me. Until now my husband and l are clueless about what is wrong with us.

Hi Glimmer, my blood test was done before IUI - test for hep B/HIV. After IUI, to test the progesterone level and final blood test for pregnancy.
Dr Sadhana laid out what I should be doing and the rest were arranged by nurses. Therefore I have not seen her yet.
The date am going to see her was already fixed on the IUI day itself. The nurse will advise me the dates to do blood tests. And when final test on preg whether successful or not, I will see Dr Sadhana on this date (i.e in 2 wks time). And everything shall go from there.

Princess leopard - Yes we have only done tests and went ahead with iui since my dh has low count.When we did our first iui my dh count has infact improved but still failed
sad.gif

After the first month of seeing him already. The nurses were drilling the idea of iui into us. I was always wondering why didn't he suggest me to go for blood tests to see if everything else is ok with me?

I think l'll go and see Dr Sadhana this month and get a clearer picture on what is the right procedure.

Glimmer,

I think u better check with doc to rest your mind. Request for tests to be done if u never have one. Has ur hb's troops count return to normal now? My hb's used to be low in quantity & quality. Now his quantity is above average, 85mil. Now only left with quality issue. My hb went to see chung hwa clinic. Their medi is good. If ur hb is keen, can try.

cos lately we do iui more frequent, so we do have the test results. Now that, we are taking a break, we will probably arrange another test 3-4 months later.

Hi lunx_sea

The only test l have done so far is the vaginal ultra sound to see my follicles size & was given clomid for at least 3 cycles and l took 1 round of Gonal-F on Day 8, 10 and 12 before iui. My hb went for the sperm test once and tts when we found out he has low count. I think l'll be going to see sadhana this month. We are also planning to take a few months break but meanwhile we want to see if everything else is alright with us also.

Glimmer,
When seeing Sadhana, get ready all ur info + ur hb's result and see what she has to say. Best of luck to you. ^_^

Glimmer,

For the Gonal-F, u dun inject everyday? I took clomid from D3-7, Gonal-F from D8-11. Scan is arrange on D10 & 12, to see if need to adjust the dosage of Gonal-F. I respond to Gonal-F quite well, by D10, I will have follicles abt 16mm at least. So I din increase the dosage. Cos some ladies mentioned b4 that if by D10 follicle still small, doc will increase the dosage to speed up the process.

princessleopard,

l inject on Day 8, 10 and 12 and l reacted pretty well to Gonal-F together with clomid, l started on Day 2 to Day 8. I had only 1 dominant follicle at about 21mm.
Can l call the clinic and ask them for my report?

Glimmer,

Yes, u can do so. They should keep your records in file. Is this your first iui?
I do find that chances do increase, my first clomid-iui, i got 2 follicles abt 23mm. 2nd so-iui, I have 3 follicles abt 25mm. 3rd so-iui, I got 4 follicles with the biggest at 28mm, smallest 22mm.

woohh..my procedure seems vry fast. coz Day 1 is AF, Day 2 - 9 on puregon to grow follicles(got 2, 1 is 19mm & 1 is 16mm, day 10 pregnyl 5000 to trigger ovulation, day 12 IUI liao.

Back