Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

yup no clomid for this whole iui procedure. I only jab.
Clomid (Letrozole) was given to me last yr to chk how I react to the pill tats all. I tink i din react too well so IUI they put me on jab directly.

I think how fast the IUI can be performed, all depending on how big the follicles are grown. If it has reached a optimum size they will do it liao. no nid to jab further to grow it.

Hi lynx_sea
Yes it was my first iui. Usually Day 12 l will go in for follicle scan when on clomid but when on injections l went for scan on day 14(suppose to be 13) but since it was a sunday l went on Day 14 and Day 15 was my iui. My iui was quite tough the doc said my cervix was tight. But l didn't go back to the clinic for any monitoring. Did you go back to do any blood tests?

U mean after IUI? Yes. IUI was on thurs and I go back blood test on monday to test on sthg, not sure is it progesterone or the uterine lining thickness. Its to ensure its thick enough so that implantation can take place

l have no idea and he had to change the catheter also. The one that Mt. E gave wasn't good it seems so he used the one in the clinic. So in the end l didn't know was it the catheter or my cervix? Well, it wasn't a good experience and l had quite a bit of bleeding after iui. And l really had the idea that this time the process was jinxed. True enough it was
sad.gif

I didn't go back to the clinic after that time. When l called the clinic to inform my AF has arrived, the nurse just simply told me l might have to consider ivf already
sad.gif

yes lynx_sea mine was done in clinic. We went to Mt E in the morning to give my hb specimen after 2 hours collect and went back to clinic to do iui & the catheter was given by Mt. E. The more l talk about this l am reflecting as to what could have possibly went wrong and whether if l was hasty in going ahead with iui.

no la.. i personally feel its better to do it at the hospital. At least the specimen is fresh w/o having to ferry it from Point A to Point B and also professionals are there to help. Don't worry, u let Sadhana know your experience and see how she can rectify it for u.

PrincessLeopard, you have experience of heavy flow or extreme pain during your next menses right after IUI failure? Wonder if it is normal.

Ladies,

Though iui is similar to pap smear but the injection of troops is not always painful. It depends on individual & doc skills. For me, once is painful & e other is fine. But all 3 I do not get bleeding after that, even though doc say spotting is normal, due to the friction of the catheter. Mine was done at the clinic too.

really? I dunno which is the cause of it, but now I am taking LRD tea & raspberry tea on alternate days. I noticed my AF no cramps, no blood clots & flow lesser.

huh... is it good to flow lesser? if lesser I oso scared. That day i was watching a ch8 program on thurs. The doc says mthly flow shd be of certain volume. Too much or too little is no good.

Mine seems ok. But only alot when i go pee everytime and when I am back to my seat in office, not much so I don't have to change so frequently. Sometimes only 2 a day. hahahaha... Is something wrong with me?

I hate my wrkplace, I hate my colleagues. They are getting on my nerve. Affecting my hormones and mood vry badly. Wonder the failure is it due to them. And they like to keep mentioning people who are pregnant, implying that I am still not!!!!

Hi all, I'm back to this thread again.

I starting my IVF cycle this month. I on microgynon pills CD11 and will be going back to kkh tmr to collect lucrin injections.

Lynx_sea and glimmer, I'm with dr sadhana too. She will be doing my Ivf this month. I actually requested her to give me light duties during my Ivf cycle so that I get lesser stress in work. My job requires shift work and thus requested light duties so that I can perform office hour duties during this period of time.

lynx,

No doubt ppl ard can affect our mood. 2 weeks ago, I am also complaining that after iui, I took 5 days to rest well at home. But the first day I get back to work, I was backstabbed by a colleague, so I quarrel with my colleague & boss. What a day! I also feel that my 5 days rest gone down the drain.

My workplace only such 1 bad colleague, so I think I can try to avoid as much as possible. I also avoid my hb's side cos there are 2 sil preggy & very sarcastic towards me. I just want to get on with my life & get preggy.

How long u been working there?

lynx,

No choice but to endure it. We cant stop them from talking. I think boss not giving them enough work, that's why got time to create nonsense.

At some point of time, I do thought of resigning. Take a break & see if there is miracle in ttc.

haaa my tcm doc oso asked me to stay home 6 mths to make BB. But I told her if there's guarantee, I will resign.
bounce.gif

haha, ur tcm actually said so! But i have heard some ladies really do that, & there really is good news leh. My work is stressed, I think its a factor also. I tried so many times to go for holiday during my O period but also nothing. Perhaps its still too short. U need to rest & relax for a while to let ur body get used to the momentum.

So I ask my hb to earn more, so i can try this method out. haha

Hi Jess
All the best for your cycle.

Lynx_sea & princess leopard
Staying at home seems not an option for me at all.
The cost of living in Singapore is rising crazily. I'm only thinking once l conceive probably l'll take 1 month of no pay leave to rest at home the first month.

*Sigh* Not working now by then if conceive then can't work all the way till delivery. By then also vry "siong" cos got extra cost on diaper and milk.
In fact prior that already need to pay for monthly check up and tonics etc. Pregnant nobody want to hire and will lose out on 4 months maternity.

Hey Jess, I have a colleague who did IVF last year and was given 3 weeks of MC to rest at home. SHe was with a famous doctor from Gleneagle can't remember the surname. So I thought if doing IVF can't work for almost a month.

Lynx_sea

My doc told me once embryo transfer, I will be giving 19 days of hospitalisation leave during 2ww. That period is to minimise any movement. Some of my friend says best to be bedridden at home.

Wahh... then super boring at home. Can't even go out and whose going to buy food for you?
You know am those kind if nothing to do at home, I might start cleaning the house.

I decided to go over my mum's place and stay during that period. She will accompany and cook for me. If alone at my own plc, I will go crazy. No one cooks, buy and prepare the food and hubby needs to work too.

Good Morning ladies

I just want to ask when you'll go KK after being on medication (clomid etc), does the gynae check the follicles size? Usually mine does on Day 12 of my cycle.

Hihi Glimmer,

Ya, very quiet lately for this thread.

Me, still the same. Now rest & relax mode. Going to see tcm next week. 2 days ago, just have my first ice cream after 8 mths.
happy.gif

Hi PL

Me too on r&r mode. End of the month seeing Dr. Sadhana. So until then try not to think too much and take life as it is.

Back