Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

RuruCat,
the screen is always on by desktop in office, I refresh the screen from time to time but there's not much posting. I'm also at resting stage, nothing to add for now leh. Anyway I'll meet you, Haze & Rinoa on Sat, can 3838 then 8:)

Rinoa uploaded her pictures to fb last night, and today is Strawbearbi's BD. You can surf the net, then sign up for facebook lah 8;-)

Hi Bambi,

I don't want lah, sure addict to FB one lah. Talk to u ladies here is a serious addiction for me leh. Can't live w/o you all! Even my parents know about you ladies existence leh. I think they can see I get alot of emotional support from u ladies.

Hi Strawbearbi,

Oh, my sweet juicy Strawbearbi, happy birthday! Here's wishing you a smooth 6mths ahead and then a smooth delivery!

RuruCat,
FB is indeed a strong addiction. But it is such a good network interface to keep in touch with family & friends. I understand what you mean by your parents knowing about our existence, I experienced it first hand last night. No words, but my friend's mum understand the tough road that we're threading on. We are such a closely knitted community sharing the same emotion and life experience 8:)

Btw, I'm still hoarding the appointment helpline trying to bring DH's rheumatology treatment forward. I'm such a persistent woman, such a nuisance to the clinic, what-to-do, I'm really really eager to be a cow mama lah 8:p

Hi Bambi,

U go girl! Must perserve leh. I am not sure I have so much energy as u leh.

R u the superstitious type? Will try not to have a tiger baby? I think good leh, becos since some couples will try to avoid, then less babies born during the tiger year, thus when come to primary school, don't have what balloting nonsense right? But my geomancer says best to avoid (roll eyeballs).

I can't stand the slow-release metformin given to me by my gynae leh. Make me feel nauseous sometimes for the whole day. Eee.... hate the feeling. Have to eat consistently for the side-effect to reduce gradually.

Hi Haze,

Oh yah, u have to be like Bambi leh, call once a day to check can bring forward your appt with Dr Loh anot, becos Metformin takes about 2-3mths to stabilize the insulin level in our body. Jia U! Maybe u will be lucky leh?

strawbeari

Happy Birthday to you!

Ruru Cat

Me just came back from my 1st scan after 7 days of puregon jab, still need to continue jab for two days and sat go back to scan again. So most likely will do ER/ET in early mar 09.

Ruru
I'm dun care cow or tiger.. as long as I can strike n delivery a healthy bb lah.

Oh.. u reminded me! Hv to rem to ask abt metformin too... the slow released one!

hehe.. no lah.. I wun call everyday. Paisay leh! I jus called ytday.. thk I'll try nex Mon again.

Hi Gals,

So long never pop in. I finally has tried for IUI this month.
Can I ask, if I did the IUI on CD 13, when is the earliest i can do hpt?
Very anxious.

Hi Haze1line,

So still have to wait till CD28 the latest? so long..

Btw, I also am put to take metformin. Starting with 1 pill, from 3rd week onwards 3 pills a day. LS every day, sometimes couple of times a day but.. sad is not losing weight. even gynae confused how come me not losing weight. =)
but the med works for me as he said the lining of the womb is very good now. Several layer and ready to get pregnant. So keep my prayer high and fingers and toes crossing..

Vi4n
That's the standard days aft ppl will usually test lor.. actually as long as ur AF is due n not in sight, u can test. Else if it's too early, sometimes scared ur level stil not high enuff to be detected.

U're on metformin too? Hope it works for u then..
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the birthday wishes =) So touched leh keke.

Bambi,

Don't care if they think u are irritating them lah, as long as u get your objective met that is the most impt!!

strawbearbi,

happy birthday! next yr yr bb will be able to celebrate with you!
happy.gif

ruru,

my brother's born in the yr of the tiger. ok leh. some ppl say those born in the yr of ox will be very sturbborn. but cannot be all the cowboys/girls are all stubborn rite?
happy.gif

bambi,

hope you're able to get yr earlier appt. jia you!
happy.gif

RuruCat, Strawbearbi,
no they didn't complain that I bug them morning, afternooon & evening, cos' it's the deficiency of their system that they dun allow waiting list on the system. They're the one who told me that I can call back later, cos' when there's available slot, the next caller will get it. Anyway this morning I escalated it up to DH's doctor already, see if they can fit something for me.

RuruCat,
not say superstitious, but my auntie was born in toger year, and when there is misfortune in the family & she happen to be there, then all fingers point at her. And when there's wedding 'yinqu', people will ask her to stay in the kitchen, so unfair to her right ? If I conceive a baby tiger boy then nevermind lah, if baby girl, I'm afraid that she will receive alot of unfair treatment leh. It is already 21st century, but our society is still very semi-old school leh.

Bambi
Tiger born got one good superstitious use leh... if u hv mumps, they wil ask those born in yr of tiger one, to write the character 'tiger' on the cheeks... then very fast, wil heal liao!
happy.gif

hi,
can i join? i'm planning for IVF in late april or early may.. depending on when my mense come... seeing dr sf loh now... just had polyps removed... he didn't even suggest IUI... just ask us to go straight for IVF....

Hi Haze and Bambi,

Aiyo, do u all know that for Tiger, the timing (which part of the day) and the year (spring, summer, autumm, winter) matters?

My Brother and FIL are both tiger but they are very mild-temper with very rare big-burst of temper as they are borne in Lunar 12st/1st month which is winter. During winter, the wild tiger don't hunt as too cold, they will hide in cave to hibernate.

My dad is borne in Summer where the Tiger will hunt actively for prey, so his temper is super-duper bad and he loves to grumbles.

So ladies, as long we strike by June-July, should be no problem even if cross to Year of Tiger then give birth as the baby Tiger is a Winter Tiger, so very mild-temper lah!

Eskimobaby,
welcome on board 8:) I didn't try IUI also, after check up for me & DH, Dr advised us to go for IVF. The doctor must have his/her reason for recommending this, trust him lor..

Hi Haze,

The mump myth where got accurate leh? I have 2 tigers at home leh, do already the mumps still so huge. Took a week to subside leh, my face was like a pig-face man!

RuruCat, Haze,
Tiger son is alright, I'm just worried if I conceive a tiger daughter, she will receive unfair treatment in her life.

1/ I've got 2 brothers who died at a young age due to hole in the heart. My auntie who was born in tiger year was advised not to visit when my mum gave birth, but she was kind enough to visit. So when my 2 brothers couldn't pull through their ordeal, my auntie ganna the blame lor. Medicine & operations was not so advanced 20 years back, my brothers' condition was not so optimistic case then, but my auntie was at the wrong place at the wrong time lor.

2/ My friend was detained 1 year & during our u graduation ball, 1 guy from another faculty fell love-in-first sight with her, thinking that she was a rabbit. After a few months of courtship then he realised that she was born in tiger year. She's born a natural beauty, so the relationship blossom & bear fruit lah. But it is a fact that many people are still very picky about tiger girl for a bride.

3/ I bought a Resis gold plated tiger statue for my dad when I first came out to work, cos' it was a tiger year. Then my dad had many nightmares & grew very scared of that 'tiger' (just a statue) in the house. In the end he gave away that tiger & he enjoys more peace in his sleep.

ruru,
thanks for the info abt the tiger..
my bro was born on July. so winter tiger... quite easy to take care... temper not so bad

Hi Vi4n,

Woah, haven't hear from u for so long, almost a year liao. We were still chit-chating so well one fine day and suddenly u never replied and seem to disappear into thin air. What happen?

If u are anxious, maybe u can test tomorrow morning (D12piui) with your 1st pee, more accurate this way.

Ruru
haha.. duno lah. But when I had mumps when I was young, my mum purposely ask a neighbour who's a tiger, to write the character on my cheeks.

I duno wot she put on my face.. from chinese medical shop one!

eskimobaby
Many here hv tried IUI n now move on to IVF. IUI success rates r relatively low compared to IVF. But if both of u r ok, usually doc wil encourage IUI 1st, as it's not as emotionally & financially draining.

Dun worry so much.. it'll be a breeze!
happy.gif

Hi Ju,

If your bro is born in Jul, he is considered a summer Tiger, should be bad-temper right? Nevermind lah, just an interesting info to share with u ladies lah.

Hi Haze,

Excuse me hor, even how bad-temper u sexy summer bunny is, how can win a bad-temper summer tiger right? I am a bad-temper sexy summer snake, at least I can be a cobra and kill the tiger with my venom right? In nature documentaries, u ever see a tiger attack a snake b4? Never right? Ha..ha.. So I won't be scared to give birth to a baby Tiger, I sure can control the bad-temper bb one! LOL!!!

Felix/Ju,

Thks for the birthday wishes =)

eskimobaby,

Welcome to join us =)

Ladies,

Apparently tiger "wang" horse leh, i heard from my fren who's very into these things one. How true?

Haze,

I winter one leh but temper no good either keke

Ruru
Ok lah.. u summer snake.. u win. :p

Aiyah.. I stil thk doesnt' matter. Winter or Summer, ur character wil be curved from the way u r brought up n ur own temperament too.

But there's stil the other 5 element signs rite? That one also diff wot.. I thk I'm wood.. so I'm a woody summer rabbit!

RuruCat, Haze, Rinoa,
shall we find 1 day to go pray pray at Goddness of Mercy at Waterloo street ? Maybe next Saturday or a convenient, auspicious time ?

About tiger baby, it is my self imposed time frame. DH likes to have a tiger baby actually. I'm more keen to have cow baby, then rest 1 year to try for a rabbit baby. But if I really deliver a tiger baby, so be it, better than no baby. We humans can only do our best, everything still have to depend on heaven's will.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Treatment</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Status </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yve</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF’ Feb 09</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2WW </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Try Again</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moody77</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catmom (Devellina)</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>SOIUI</TD><TD>19-Feb</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juliana</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>BCP </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ruru Cat</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr L K Yap</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bambi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>May </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mystyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SunFl@wer</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rinoa</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PebbleS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haze1ine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eskimobaby</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vi4N</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IUI</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Triplets </TD></TR><TR><TD>Strawbearbi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mariayee</TD><TD>In JB</TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felixcat</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1st Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Ju
I'm with Dr Loh, kkhivf. tks

Ruru
I'm also a snake and stay in Jurong West.

Rinoa
How's your consultation with Dr Herma at CARE Sgh? Care to share with us.

Hi Ruru,

Not 1 year lah. maybe half a year.. =)
i stop the TCM med already, so sick drinking that. and i changed to Dr Henry Cheng for IUI because i knew someone who has couple of successful stories with him.
Jan went there to induce AF, then started on metformin and double dosage of clomid. had 1 1.9mm egg on right uterus, and he gave me injection to make it mature on CD 13, and we did IUI on CD 13. He said my womb condition was very good and i responded very well with the oral medication. so i only spent about $700 inclusive of 1st consultation (Pap smear included), and the sperm washing, and IUI and medication. Not so bad lah.
So now counting the day till i can check.
But i still do BBT daily. and today still high at 36.75. if by day 10 after IUI temp drop i will know the result already loh. so no need to waste hpt. if not then day 14, i hope i can do hpt with positive result.

after reading all your IVF adventures, Im very scared to try one. but hubby said can consider.
so we shall see...

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Treatment</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Status </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yve</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF’ Feb 09</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2WW </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Try Again</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moody77</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catmom (Devellina)</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>SOIUI</TD><TD>19-Feb</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juliana</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>BCP </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ruru Cat</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr L K Yap</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bambi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>May </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mystyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SunFl@wer</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rinoa</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PebbleS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haze1ine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eskimobaby</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vi4N</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IUI</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Triplets </TD></TR><TR><TD>Strawbearbi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mariayee</TD><TD>In JB</TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felixcat</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi ladies, i have collected my clomid for next cycle soiui.. once mense come, i will have to call and inform kkivf, and arrange for my injection...

i am planning for a holiday, but also planning for ivf if the soiui fail.. dr loh has asked me to rest for a cycle if fail, before going to ivf.. if fail, the next cycle mense should come around mid of april.. can i know, how in advance do we start preparing for the ivf? eg, the test, the counselling, and before the actual cycle, is it that we will start injection already?

can anyone advise and also the procedure for first timer ivf so that i can do some planning?

thanks

hi Strawbearbi,
Happy Birthday!!

RuRu,
huh, not LC leaving ah?? :p :p paysay leh, hahahaha... prob a miscommunication ba, I asked," oh, lai cheng leaving ah?" Dr Yap said," uhm ya, Thurs's the last day but today's the last day u'll be seeing her." Then most prob she was talking to the nurse on the phone instd of LC, n thought I was asking about the nurse. hehe :p what a mess up. Sorry Sorry :p

haze,
surrogate? where u get the idea from?

joyyy
Cos my embbies r ok.. somehow cannot implant or wotever.. so.. if can get surrogate mum... my embbies can implant n grow in her womb.. better than nothing rite? Stil my own child..

But my wishful thking lah.. not legal here. Guess too many issues involved.

gillian,
need to do rubella test for women... if not resistant need to vaccinate n 3 mths later then can do ivf... plus both hiv, hep test for both men n women.... which is to be done b4 ivf... i'm scheduled for ivf in late april or early may so the nurse at kkivf have given me a date in late april to go for counselling and do the blood test... i've already cleared the rubella blood test... i guess after u decided for ivf the doc will ask u to go to kkivf n the nurse there will explain everything to u....

Gillian
Good luck to u!

Someone posted this some time ago.. thk shd be abt there... Can't rem which gynae u're with.. but diff hospital has diff protocol n also depends on whether u're PCOS or not. So it's jus a rough guide.

Time frame shd be abt 1.5 mths from ur BCP to ur ER date.

Stage1 (KKH):
1. BCP (Birth control pills) (21 days)
2. Lucrin injection (start after D14 after BCP)
3. U/S scan after D14 of lucrin whether your hormone suppressing or not. If not then continue the lucrin. (your AF should be come on D10-D14 after Lucrin).

Stage 2:
4. If hormone suppressed, then start puregon. Jab in the next day (for approx 8 – 12 days) + lucrin
5. U/S scan on day 8 after puregon see the follicles size &amp; nos. If not enough, continue puregon + lucrin for few days till follicles size enough.
6. Pregnyl (HCG) jab in the next day at night.
7. After 2 days, ER (Egg Retrieval)

Stage 3:
8. ET on D2 (Egg transfer)
9. Welcome to 2WW (2 week waiting). After ET, you can choose whether you want to get hormone progesterone jab. If you choose jab, then you must prepare yourself to come to KK to get jab for 14 days or, u can opt to pay ur GP to jab for u. Others might jus be ask to do pregnyl jabs every 3 days or so.. depends on whether u're PCOS or nt.
10. D5 after ET, blood test to check your progesterone hormone.
11. D17 after ET, blood test to check your HCG level whether you pregnant or not.

Gillian
Yes, wot eskimobaby said is the pre-ivf prep... BTs, SA, consulting.. nurse wil advise.

If u've done anything similar within 6 mths, jus show then n u dun hv to do the tests again. That's wot I did...
happy.gif

Back