Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

Haze,
long time ago, I watched an Indian movie on TV. 1 couple requested the wife's best friend to be the surrogate mother for their IVF attempt. After successful IVF, the husband paid more attention caring for the best friend & concern for the baby, to the ire of the wife. He would make beverage & bring food to the surrogate mother, and took good care of her when she had morning sickness etc, while the wife suffer from attention deficit, tears rolling down her cheeks. The best friend's parents also caused a stir, cos' she was unmarried & yet carrying a baby. The best friend's boyfriend was filled with anger and jealousy to the top. The best friend was also in a difficult position as she was carrying a baby so dear to her, and she knew that her best friend was suffering from the neglect from the husband. I couldn't control my tears as I watch the 2 best friend's emotional turmoil on the movie. Luckily it was a happy ending, as the girlfriend handed the baby to the wife upon delivery, and she welcomed the pursuit of her boyfriend who finally came to his sense. That's a very moving, emotions filled Indian movie lah 8:)

Surrogate mother is so prevalent in India, that's why they can make a movie close to people's hearts 8:)

haze1ine,
i only know the pre-ivf stage... so only know this... kekeke... the rest all too much to stomach still haven't digest yet... heee

Haze, Bambi, Ruru,

Why not adjourn to my place instead?
I'll send DH away hehe...
At least got more privacy to chat.

So Ruru, can check out the pics on my laptop, n i can pass the horoscope book to Bambi as well.

Just ta bao dessert, what do u gals think ?

oh dear.. sorry, abit hard for me to digest.. how come we need to take birth control pill?

i have not done any test before.. but yesterday me and my hubby had blood test.. dr loh said its to check if there is any infection..

so which means once i know if soiui fail in mid april, i can only start the ivf earliest Jun? i read before that some of you are discussing abt Q, still need to Q for that ar?

if i am planning for a holiday for may ovulation, will it affect the ivf pre-preparation?

Rinoa,
I'm ok gg to your place. I can get the MOS burger & dessert from Lot 1 before going over.

No need to send your DH away lah, he is not a tiger right... haha, just joking 8:) He can watch TV or play with computer in the bedroom while we chit chat in the living room... you decide 8:)

I'll send a private email to you, Haze & RuruCat,
you let us know your address ?

Moody77,

I met Dr Hemma, a nice Indian lady.
Her patients mostly Indian preggy ladies.

She agreed to my idea of D5 transfer citing got 50% success rate compared to D2-D4.

I'm meeting her again next week 5 March for consent form, and likely start stage 1 if my menses come next week, unless i conceived naturally ?!?!

She will require me to do a trial ET.

Meantime, Dr Hemma has requested to KKHIVF for my case-sheet to be transferred over.

Atmosphere wise, Care@SGH really less packed than KKH environment, quite relaxing, staff nurse also friendly.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Treatment</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Status </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yve</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF’ Feb 09</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2WW </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Try Again</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moody77</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Puregon / Progynove Jab </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catmom (Devellina)</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>SOIUI</TD><TD>19-Feb</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gillian Woo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>SO-IUI</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juliana</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>BCP </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ruru Cat</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr L K Yap</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>Feb </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bambi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>May </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mystyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SunFl@wer</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rinoa</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PebbleS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haze1ine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eskimobaby</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vi4N</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IUI</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Triplets </TD></TR><TR><TD>Strawbearbi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mariayee</TD><TD>In JB</TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felixcat</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

gillian,
i think the birth control pills are to suppress our hormones n stop all activity in the womb so that we dun ovulate that cycle... i guess it's when u wanna start ur ivf... for eg, if my mense comes in start of may... that's when i start my ivf cycle.... my ER/ET will be in mid to 3rd wk of june... so it depends on when u wanna start...when ur af will report...

Also, SGH required me n DH to do Hep C blood test.

And to test for infections on cervical n sperm.

Other than that, we dun need to do anymore further tests, since SGH can access all my KKH tests results from their linked medical system.

Bambi
no objections abt where to go... we can all tabao over.
happy.gif

Gillian
BCP is impt esp if u hv endo.. it's like trying to hv as clean a sheet to start on u know?

U can stil go for trips while u're on BCP. Or even jabs.. like those ladies who ned to travel for work. Jus ned to get a letter from nurse, to say u're on treatment, so at the airport, they wun thk otherwise!
happy.gif

Rinoa,
the government hospitals' upgraded cumputerised system is really amazing. DH's rheumatologist could retrieve his blood test result from another government hospital, saving him from repeating some of the tests.

After DH went for Xray, Dr told the nurse to send the films for record. The doctor simply access the Xray images from her computer, click click to show us the close up view of the affected areas. DH &amp; me are very impressed by the technology available at Spore's govt hospital now 8:)

Rinoa
I'm surprised SGH has got 'links' with KKH leh.. much more convenient hor?

Hope u'll strike it big this time..
happy.gif

Rinoa
Glad to hear that you'll be starting yr stage 1 soon and no need to wait for so long queue. By the way, do you need to re-do all the blood tests again. Will you be doing a long or short protocol this time round.

i see.. thanks for the information.. actually i thought of going oversea before the ivf to have the last try of trying naturally.. but since need to take birth control, then i dont think i will go oversea then

Bambi, Haze, Ruru,

I'll still meet u all @ lot1 11am, as i also need to ta bao lunch n dessert leh. Then we'll walk back together.

hi haze,
i see...
hmmm IVF the chances's supposed to be much much higher than IUI hor, but now also like repeating again n again like IUI.

I also duno how to encourage u, coz me also sama sama. hmmm...do abit of change to diet, n exercise...these r the things we can do...the rest is really beyond us. There's one thing I'm confident though, that is, if u keep trying n not give up, one day u'll get pregnant. It's a matter of time.

There's really nothing which is VERy wrong with our body. Ya, we are PCOS, but it's really no big deal. There's no major problem that will result in us not getting pregnant at all, so just try try n try.
happy.gif

adoption n surrogate's not for me, they just dun feel like mine. N if is not really mine, why do I want them in my family? I need to question my 'motive'. Is it Coz I'm afraid of growing old and nobdoy to take care of me? Coz I'm afraid life might get abit quiet and stale without children? I don't think so, those r not the reasons...so no no to adoption n surrogate. But that's my opinion. For adoption, one really needs a big heart, n also needs to examine the 'motives' behind the adoption.

Moody77,

I dunno yet what kind of protocol Dr Hemma will recommend.

She did said she will focus on getting more embbies for me this cycle.

The last time i only got 3 good embbies, too little.

hi juliana, i saw my name, thanks
happy.gif

oh, btw, i have also went to dr zou for accupuncture.. today was my 2nd visit.. she said got to have accu 2 times every week.. hmm, today one slightly more painful.. is it normal to have some areas 'pumping' high with the voltage?

Rinoa
Maybe he believe in that. Duno.

Joyyy
I know.. when u c 40%, it's like not bad leh.. why I belong to the unlucky 60%. OHSS only kana abt 8% of the ppl.. but then we so 'heng' kana!

Everyone thks diff lah... depends on how u c it.
happy.gif
Imagine those who totally can't even do IVF at all... we're blessed in that sense.

Gillian,
you can tell Dr Zou if the voltage is too high for your comfort. She can lower the voltage for you. Even if she has walked away already, you can still call her back to adjust, no need to be paisey. I always do that... just tell her nicely, she'll always oblige 8:)

Hi ladies,

remember me?? I used to pop in sometime last nov when I was doing my SO-IUI. Sad. I didnt strike then.

I did my 2nd SO-IUI last fri and now in the 2WW stage. Very anxious about the results too. Now keeping my fingers and toes crossed and pray hard hard that I'll strike this time round! Will be doing my blood test next thu!

Wish me luck as I believe this journey needs lotsa lotsa luck!

This weekend attending my friend's baby shower and am intending to down a few red eggs as my mom says eating other pple's red eggs will bring baby luck!! haha!!

Serene,
welcome on board, and wishing you lots of good luck too 8:) Did you buy brazil nuts to munch, Ensure milk, and chicken essence ?

Enjoy the red eggs and ang-ku-kueh 8:) I like the tao-sa ang-ku-kueh very much, always can't help walk to Bengawan Solo to buy 1 for tea time munching 8:)

hi strawberri,
Happy birthday to u too.
Hi serene,
Lots of luck that u will strike this time. Where u did ur iui?
Hi ladies,
I wonder whether any1 read my info this morning? No one answer to my question abt yue
sad.gif

So do u gals believe in taking royal jelly will help. Ever heard abt this info? Any advise?

Joanne,

I always tot Royal Jelly, Bee pollen, Manuka Honey, all these products are anti-oxidant, organic, energy giving vitality products.

The above r vital in any organic diet.
Pregnant women also can consume.

But scientifically not proven to help conceive.
But definitely good for health.

First of all...

A very hapyy happy birthday to mummy strawbearbi!!!

Rinoa,

Glad you feel comforatable with her, yes SGH needs to take lots of tests ... No choice.. The trial ET to see how's the layout of your womb and cervix and where to place and tell you if need full bladder or not. Hmmm my appt on 2/3 and 4/3. will miss you.. anyway hope you strike it this time than we can go for antenatal checkup.keke.

hi strawberri,
Happy birthday to u too.
Hi serene,
Lots of luck that u will strike this time. Where u did ur iui?
Hi ladies,
I wonder whether any1 read my info this morning? No one answer to my question abt yue
sad.gif

So do u gals believe in taking royal jelly will help. Ever heard abt this info? Any advise?

Strawbearbi,

Happy Birthday!

Ruru,
Ida is the Malay nurse who speaks ever so gently, right? I can say that she's really very patient leh...what a loss too.

Ruru &amp; Haze,
DH collected my medical report from clinic. Basically nothing much written but they gave pics of embies and their grades and records of FET and ET that was done. It was just a covering letter. They also include the op done prior to ivf treatment. I will thus have to bring my DH's SA results and my blood tests results.

Oh and I must remember to ask if Dr SF Loh can do a D5 transfer instead with AH/ICSI for me if there is a necessity. Will update you gals what he says tom.

Goodnite!

Hi Mystyy,

Yah, Ida is the most senior IVF nurse in Mt E. I remembered during my 2nd fresh cycle, I was very uncomfortable and she held my hands and keep telling me it is ok. So pretty and gentle nurse! Sigh...

Hi Joanne,

I took royal jelly daily for about a year as supposed to improve health and skin complexion but stopped as doesn't have much effect on me.

Instead I switched to my current concoction of Vit C, Ginseng, folic acid and milk for my necessary vitamin intake. My health improved quite abit and I have been taking this concoction for more than 7years liao.

I think u can try the royal jelly out and see if you feel better after taking around 3mths. Results vary betw individuals, u see.

As to how is Yve, as she never post anything, so we all don't know how is she as of now. Hope to see her codeword real soon!

Hi ladies,

Had a nap after dinner , now ended up cannot sleep
sad.gif

I'm rushing for ox gals too.

Like Bambi, i also prefer gals, if not ox then have to skip 1 yr n wait for rabbit.

My DH got no preference, he thinks daughters r fine also, since no need to provide inheritance :p

*sigh* if I have a boy most likely we'll migrate, if not ended up he got to serve NS.

I've served Army b4, so i know how shitty it can be.

Rinoa,

Haha.. Hmmm Actually when i went SGH i am just like a little lamb lost in the woods.. But because of this forum i learned a lot and because of Dr Hema, i learned a lot more and because of the nurses i learned even more.. I started in a happy mood, but halfway through because of the economic crisis that pulled my business down i was so down and half hearted and told myself, do it this time, give it all my best in one shot, if not i dunno if i can continue treatment or not.. and i studied every thing and every detail i can with Dr Hema, and she guided me along. Im glad and grateful that im successful 1st try.

Hi Bambi,

I have been feeling sianz sianz for quite awhile liao, and I can fully understand the feeling. The in-between treatment period that is so monotonous and routine. Everyday we wait for our AF to arrive (or not to arrive), and counting down the days when we can start treatment again or wait for that elusive LH surge.

When treatment starts, our focus is back. We will diligently eat our medicine, jab our injections, shuttle betw the hospital and workplace for u/s, waiting for the final moment when the ET op/IUI takes place.

When the 2ww arrives, our emotion and hopes are at its highest where our wild thoughts varies due to symptoms we experience. One moment we are very sure we are preggie and the next we are devastated and tearing for no reason. Gosh!

During the in-between period, we DIY ourselves but know in our heart that there is almost 0% chance that very hard to strike jackpot one, if not, we wouldn't be actively seeking expensive fertility treatment in the 1st place right?

Sigh... this is the way I feel right now.

Mystyy &amp; devilina,

Thks!! =)

Rinoa,

simple celebration lah. DH working late as usual so i celebrated with my sister &amp; 3 nephews.
Had dinner n cake that's all.

My 4 year old nephew ask me, "yiyi so you are 3 years old or 4 years old?" I told him i'm 2 years old, so he asked his mum to put 2 candles on the cake... so cute rite?

Ruru,

Cheer up ok? Maybe in the in-between period, you can try to seek peace of mind from your prayers?

Put your thoughts on your God, maybe God will give you some peace? That was what I did during the in-between of IUI &amp; IVF treatment.

RuruCat,
basically I'm at the zo-bo phrase, not much emotional up &amp; down, abit numb. But I do count the calendar to count my AF cycle, then aga aga which day I can start Lucrin/Puregon injection, ER/ET date etc. Now I hope the calendar can fast fast forward quickily to May for me to start the jab. But then almost half year 2009 will be gone, and I'll be 34 years old liao... why I want to grow old so quickily... such an irony hor...

Back