Advice on MMI Childcare Ctr

sleepymama..this is absurb. Teachers in meeting leaving 18 students with one lady. Cant they meet after class? Gosh! Thank goodness you found out. I was actually abt to call them on Monday to visit the school.

blur: which church kindy you sent your child to last time?

my daughter has been in Sengkang MMI since it opened in 2006. My observations these years are that
1)as many parents have mentioned, v high turnover rates for the teachers. This is normal for pre-school, but the problems is that parents are never informed. They juz find out when they see unfamiliar faces in the school compound.
2)not much comunication between the teachers and parents. Some of the teachers, not all, won't talk to parents until they are being approached.
3)Have so far given feedbacks during meet the parents sessions, but so far none of the feedbacks have shown actions. $$$ is more important than anything else here.

Well, I could go on only if there are interested mummies here who wants to hear more.

Well, if yr child is in SK MMI, u shld hv also noticed the toilets r kinda like those in shopping centers. Wet, toilet seats broken for months and no one bothered to get it fixed.
No shelters against the rain, although the teachers normally will find shelters for themselves and see the poor parents struggling to alight their children from their cars in the rain.

I wonder if anyone else have observed the same?
I also wonder if this is a norm for a CCC?

Any feedback (good & bad)on MMI Claymore and Montessori Brighton River Valley?
what about the new Odyssey center on Alexandra road? We will be leaving close to Dempsey road/ holland road. Thanks!

Hi! I am looking for a playgroup/preschool for my daughter who will soon be 2. I visited CS Montessori (Bukit Timah Plaza) and Modern Montessori (Rail Mall). Since both are montessori, any feedback on which school is better? Need the info urgently. Thanks!

Hi

My daughter did a trial at MMI Rail Mall around Oct 08. It was not impressive. Why not take a trial class first?

hi
anyone send their kids to MMI at ten mile junction or phoenix?

could i have your view, please?

Hi,
MMISengkang has improved especially their teachers.. friendly and my child loves school. Quite settled.. not like last time high turnover rate... now teachers dont change often..
now problem is their hand-dryer spoilt quite long already.. the management takes so long to fix or buy new things...

good curriculum.. especially their montessori helped my child concentrate ...and i did not believe my child actually learnt division.. and able to write creative writing..

advice is, if you start your child early, you will only see the difference in your child's academics in K1 or K2..

Hi,

I am looking at MMI Kovan, MMI Ten Mile Junction, Tulip Montessori for my son who will turn 18 mths by the end of this year.

Will appreciate if mummies can share their experience.

tampines mart centre no longer running MMI montessori program and has since switched to froebel gifts. i am abit sceptical about the program and would like to hear any comments. my girl is turning 2yrs. pls pm me. thanks in advance.

Hi,
Juz saw this thread.
Both my boys go to MMI Pasir Ris.Thumbs up!
My youngest boy still attending and he enjoys very much.

Hi any one has any comments abt the MMI at Jurong West Extension... Thinking of enrolling my gal there.... Pls do share..

Dearest mummies, I am a Montessori trained teacher with many years of teaching experience ,I have the full Montessori maths and phonics materials ,I provide training for parents who are interested in learning Phonics as well as maths using the hands on Montessori materials to teach their own kids .I also help future Montessori teachers to gain more knowledge and practice .I also provide a copy of the Phonics materials at a very affordable price call me at 98620947 ,my name is Mrs Eddie .

hi...
I've a CS montessori uniform "M" size.. brand new... willing to let go at $12.
CS Montessori is located at Bukit Timah Plaza & Tiong Bahru plaza.
Anyone keen... pls drop me a sms at 98488591. thank you!

Hi, I'm thinking of send my girl to MMI Kovan. Any feedback is most appreciated.

Alteratively, should you know of any good schools around the area, please share with me too.

Many thanks!

Hi,
Any1 can share on MMI Kovan? My child currently at cambridge and the quality is really lousy, thought of changing. My advice to new parent to childcare center, dont be mislead by appearance. Always choose childcare center with backup of teacher, ensure teacher with quality and the menu of the food. U be surprised to see at least 3 times a week same type of bread. After celebration, if parent bring in food, they kept for the children the next few days. The pumpkin that is decorated is used for cooking 3 weeks after display.

Hi peacock, I recently visited MMI Kovan and was brought on an extensive orientation. The PR person there called Rebecca is very passionate I can tell, and did a pretty good job of presenting a seemingly well run kindy. I'm really not sure what's the reality tho but you might want to visit yourself as well.

Dear Mummies
Any feedback on MMI Pasir Ris? I am intending to enrol my girl there as it is the nearest MMI to me....

Any feedback on MMI at Telok Blangah? It was previously in PSA Building along Alexandra Road. Moved to Telok Blangah less than 1 year ago. Fees are $800+ after $300 working mum subsidy. Any feedback on teachers/curriculum there?

Just want to share with you a childcare centre I found that is so sincere and true in inculcating moral values in our children. Do check out Xiyao Childcare at kaki bt ave 1, even parents in Woodlands send their kid there! The teachers are very dedicated and I am very touched by the education there, they even teach parents, a very wholesome education!

Any updated feedback on mmi beauty world ( formerly ten mile) or mmi pheonix walk at Cck ?
Thinking of sending my 19 months there . Comments appreciated ;)

Hi all,

I have enrolled by kid on MMI @ tampines recently. Some observations:

1. The teachers are mostly foreigners
2. The teachers' quality - I would say: a mixed of okay type and some can still improve further
3. Curriculum wise, i cannot comment as my kid is still new there, it will take a while to see any improvement/progress.
4. The only good thing about this center - the only montessori and non aircon place for children, chances for kids the fall sick is lesser.

I am still observing my kid progress though...

my son is not in MMI, but in a Montessori school. They have a very clear curriculum (checklist) where every child will have to go through all the items listed, which are part of the Montessori syllabus. The school also has full Montessori materials. I do not know what constitutes a full Montessori, but I feel that this is enough. There is time for social play with friends after completing their work. If they complete early, they are trained to do "shelf-work" (ie. take out a Montessori material to work on) either alone or with friends. All "toys" are educational and part of Montessori methods.
The key is there is no force, its all up to the child. Encouragement will be given should the child be too introvert, but teachers will not force. They believe when the child is ready, he/she will do it willingly and this facilitates learning. What I like is there is always individual time given to each child for teacher to work on problem areas. My K2 son has progressed pretty well there. He is now already on Primary 1 syllabus, learning multiplication and division problem sums. So, while I am not promoting the school, I just wish to share the advantages Montessori has brought to my son.

Back