A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

ceraine,,

this is new to me..one of my coll is preggie with twins and she is quite small built. She carried the baby through full term and smooth delivery though her 2nd one.. she had abit of difficulty because she dun have energy to push, so the gynea has to vacuum the baby out. But it also depends on the size of your womb, if its too weak to hold 2 babies,might have to abort 1.

but i discover that in a pair of twins, one of them are usually weaker den the other, is it true that they dun get enough nutrients for our body?

elaine,
not very sure lei. I guess so, imagine watever consumed has to be divided into two, and baby's intake of the nutrients might not be equalised.

my cousin seek a few opinions and was encourage to continue with the pregnancy. Glad for her.

elaine,
not very sure lei. I guess so, imagine watever consumed has to be divided into two, and baby's intake of the nutrients might not be equalised.

my cousin seek a few opinions and was encourage to continue with the pregnancy. Glad for her.

eve
congrats!
happy.gif

elaine,
But your fren can just make sure she consumes enough nutrients for her babies, rather than aborting one. I dun think it's very good of the gynae to recommend such a solution, unless there are other physical conditions.

Hi Caraine,
It sounds cruel n scary....So is not advisble to give birth to twins if u are small in built or underweight?? Is a hards choice to make...The mummy can eat more n consume more vits mah.....

caraine- i dun think i am having twins. i hv high beta hCG in very early pregnancy, the possibility of having twins is there but definitely not me cos i feel mild cramps concentrated on one side only. i rem i hv one egg on both side.. so should be both side cramps right
happy.gif

Ant- Dun give up...as long as AF haven report...u u still stand a chance. good luck... keep us in the loop k... cross cross fingers for u. Im in my DPO 7 today....

Dear ladies,
Just tested a more clearer + this morning at DPO16
DPO 11 & 13 all negative, DPO15 a super super faint +
not much signs except abit nausea and fuller bbs at DPO14 onwards, but today seems normal
hoping that everything will be fine n smooth
Thanks alot for all ur encouragements during this 2ww
kao_babydust.gif
baby dust to all!

Hi ant
Dun give up k? As long as AF never report means got chance!

Hi BlurQ
Congrats!!

Hi all
My AF finally came today!! Duno to be happy or sad coz it means that we din manage to conceive straight after m/c. But hubby very happy, he said better to take gynae advice and wait 1 cycle and now it means im back to normal, we can start ttc. But AF super little, never stain pad, only when use tissue to wipe then got a little bit. Sorry, for MTBs who m/c before, is this normal?

blurQ- congrats!!
happy.gif

alien- wats FMU?

roxyz- am stil holdin on! hee.. tink it's best tat u heed gynae advice n rest 1st b4 ttc-ing again. after this af, can start tryin again!
happy.gif

Hi Roxyz,
I have one friend who during her second pregnancy, she didnt know she is pregnant, she keep having staining, she tot is stress or what, it continues for a few weeks until she went to see a sinseh n tell her that she is already pregnant for 8 weeks already...She didnt know, she still eat pineapple during that period....Hmm, so im thinking u might be pregnant..=)

hi roxyz,
Thats a good sign, means you are recovering well.Don't worry too much.
actually i agree with Ant1712. better rest your womb, build it up first..befor ttcing again.

Melody,
Not sure what's my cousin final decision, but she's telling me, if baby needs to be put in ICU, total bill can comes up to 100K!!!! (i guess that refers to private hosiptal)
and she's heard many -ve reviews on delivery of twins etc...i can't help much, except giving her encouragment. Its a unplanned pregnancy, and their boy is only 1year old. So i guess finances is their biggest worry as well.she's not working.
No matter what, i will respect her decision.

kokopooh- thks!
happy.gif
reali reali hope to announce tat i strike le!

alien- oh.. hee. tot of testin this wkend. but i jus cant help tinkin this cycle may be the same as last one. af playin tricks on me!

Hi Ladies,

I got somethign to ask.. if I experience stretchy mucus this morning, means today I ovulation or over liao? then just now i go toilet and see the mucus, it become sticky.

i am in DPO10 today, last evening I tested with OPK and got a faint line.
this morning i tested again it is -ve.

help.u.ttc
i am waiting for the strips, did u post out monday morning before 5pm?

Hi Ladies,

I have some balanced OPK strips (20pcs)for sale as I'm currently 8wks preggie. As they are expiring in Oct 07, I'm selling them cheap and throwing in free postage.

10pcs: $7 ($0.70/pc)
20pcs: $13 ($0.65/pc)

Cos I only have 20pcs, it will be first come first basis...

If keen, pls drop me an email at [email protected]

thanks and baby dust to you
happy.gif

I wish to go for gynea check up, can i go KK-TPS for immediated appointment or TPS is only for preggie?
cos i find tt KK clinic waiting time too long.
or are there gynea clinic at choa chu kang area to recommend? i just wanna do pre-preg check up.

Hi Maple Story

there's Dr Adrian Woodworth's clinic in cck. Near lot one..beside that whole stretch of shops with DBS/OCBC bank.

Me still waiting for my AF to report.
Super long already but def not preggy lor...
Just visited Dr Adrian last week

thks sunnie!
happy.gif

hi maple, i went KKH-TPS for pre-preg chk up, costs $180. u can call n make appt. however the chk up does not include scan. only the normal blood tests n paps smear.

Hi bunnz n ant,
Thxs for the info. Does the clinic open at night?
i wish to check my tube whether got any blockage. What is the test call huh?

Hi weekender

Below is what I have from the websites:

Things to notice when checking your cervical fluid
1. Does the vagina feel wet or dry?
2. Is there any fluid on the tissue?
3. How does it look?
4. What color is it?
6. What consistency is it?
7. How much is there?
8. How does it feel when you touch it?
9. Can you stretch it between your thumb and index finger?

Types of Cervical Fluid
1. Sticky: glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly and if it breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear. You may or may not see some sticky cervical fluid before and after ovulation.

2. Creamy: like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.

3.Watery: clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get egg white cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.

4. Egg white: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. looks at all like real egg white, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

IMO, cervical fluid can only help u determine ur most fertile period but its hard to determine if Ovulation has occured. Think the most accurate form to determine if O has occurred is your BBT.

HTH

maple- i nt sure too. a scan shd be able to tell? i went tmc for scannin. dun tink TPS is opened at nite. u can chk out kkh website for more info. the details of the pre-preg test is also there
happy.gif

Hi Gals i am back. Back from a well deserved break.

Zenia? Are you here still? How are you already?

Maple, nope, TPS is not opened at nite. The fallopian tubes scan is actually a x-ray known as HSG.

Hi Strawberry,
Can i actually phrase as as long as i have those discharge that u mentioned, u are fertile is just that which day is the most fertile...

Hi Ant, maplebabies n Melody - Thxs for the info.
I m in my 2ww now, if still not preggie tis cycle, me gg for HSG test.
Can't wait any longer, bio-clock tickling away.

I think TPS is open on one or two nights per week? I think is Wednesday and Friday. Maybe can call the KK appointment hotline to find out the timing.

Hi Melody,

Out of the many fluid, you are only most fertile when the fluid is very watery or the same consistency as egg white. This is because as stated in my last post, the fluid is most like semen thus sperm can stay alive in us longer. But then again, the sperm can only be fertilise when our tube decides to release the egg. So it is better to use the OPKs to guide us along as to when O is most likely to happen.

HTH.

hi everyone, i'm back in this thread. trying for my third baby. same time last year i was trying for my second baby. have been testing opk for past 40+ days, no sign of positive yet. still total breastfeeding my second girl, hope to ovulate soon and start trying.

Amy, you ordered from http://help-u-ttc.blogspot.com? i ordered over the weekend, postman just delivered to me at around 3pm today. this time i bought some preseed to try.

hi melody
Just went to check again, now flow is quite heavy anf finally stain pad, so it's confirmed AF. But good also, we can start anew and start ttc
happy.gif

hi ceraine and ant
You all are right. It's good to let womb rest first, for uterus lining to be bad to normal, but somehow it's hard not to feel disappt that never strike. But it's ok, we will all try again this cycle. Jia you!!

Hi maplestory
My gynae is also Dr Adrian Woodworth. He spends quite little time talking to you but if you have questions, he will surely answer all of them. He's very resonsible and nice and never charges me anything when i go back to him for follow up after my dnc

hi!

I'm currently workin in town area...
any gynae to recommed in town City hall, Raffles place or orchard? i was tinkin of gg for a pre-preg chk up & e HSG which u all mentioned..
hmmm... another Q is r all these necessary?

joy's mum

ya I also paid order on weekend & paid monday morning, after that was told that it was posted out already, but still did not receive yesterday.

HI MapleStory

the clnic's number is 68931227

U can call and ask which nights is Dr. Adrian avail. I only know monday night he's there.

But be prepared to wait, it will be very crowded.

Roxyz,
take a rest like wat the gynae advise....
rest for 1 cycle....then now U can prepare for TTC...

Lynn, maybe u can try Raffles hospital...

hi All,
Did any of you have German Measeal (spelling?)vaccination before you TTC?

Went massage yesterday, and was advised to do so, to minimize deformity of baby as well as infections. But, after injection,gota stop 3mths before TTC?

I need advice. =(

Am I pregnant? Is day 43 and my menses is not here.?

My last menses is from 8-15 Mar 2007. I noticed occassional tiny red strands and brown discharges and spottings between 27-31 Mar.

I did 2 self-pregnacy tests on 5 Apr and 12 Apr. Both results are negative. It is now 43 days from the first day of my last menses, and my next menses is still not here. I had history where my cycle was 46 days before, but that was more than 6 months back. My menses cycle and amount is not those regular type. I now do not have preggie syntoms.

1) Is that brown discharge between 27-31 Mar considered as my next menses?
2) Am I pregnant?
3) Should I wait for another week before doing another self pregnacy test again?

Back