A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Butterwaffles, I think connie wan to join rc becos rc got higher priority than PV.

Talking abt primary sch, I am thinking how does the registration goes cos I think I stay around 1km fr west grove but cos west grove so hot I dunno got chance to get in or not. At th same time I am an alumni of xingnan, but I prefer west grove cos nearer. So I worried if I apply west grove but cannot get in then in the end I also cannot apply xingnan?

Can apply for 2 sch first or can apply for west grove first then if cannot get in apply xingnan?

And jurong west pri also quite near but dunno if the sch is good.

Connie which sch is better? I nv hear much fr edufarm before but have the impression that montesorri seem to be quite a gd sch. So I might chose montesorri.

Mummypooh, how come I no see the opposition party visit hmm. I have an impression that our side this yr 3 party contesting.

hihi....

my last lap before my delivered..... haha no choice office call for so report issues.....
but tomorrow onward will not read office mail... don think my mil who will be my confinement lady (haha) will allow to touch pc... but for sure i will still used my iphone to post at this site.... heehee

okie getting super tired for the big day tomorrow.... haha

okie my boy will be in pri 1 registered this year... i tell u all once i had done it okie... haha i will be putting my boy to the brand new primary school which is build within my rc.... so all now know i stay at zone 8 area.... hee hee

actually for my case i can either put him in rivervally or jurong pri as it is either my hubby or my primary school but all out of the way so decided to put some where near...

RC and PV is in the same group during pri 1 registered but as RV, u can chose all the pri school within the zone but PV can only choose the school u decided....

rc work load will depend zone to zone, i was told by my collegue who stay across my area, say his side like no activities.... then some area i visited like a lot of activities.... so those interested can just go to their respective rc to take a look..... okie

too tired... wish me luck.,,,,

hi all,

i jus had a maid war and finally sent that troublemaker home! the last straw came when i told her to leave me alone but she wldn't and jus keep bugging me. I finally bth and shouted at her to GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE! i dun wan to talk to u!
it all started when the nite b4 she cldn't rch her family as the network was down. she rewuested to use the phone the nx noon. i said no and she got mad and said "ok, u dun wan to let me call my daughter..." i
replied with a sigh "now is 9am, working hrs. u are not alowed to use ur phone now. and i have already told u that u are only allowed to use ur hp once a wk for 10-20mins. why dun u understand?"
she: this is my personal thing! i wan to call my family!"
me: the problem with u is u dun knw ur position. u are the maid, the helper. we are the boss, the employer....
*interrupts* she: I am not a maid!!!!!!!!

my face: @_@"

that was when i blew up and told her to go away and leave me alone. my mum came home and i told her wat happened. the maid gt angry and raised her voice while telling my mum that i refused to let her mk the call. whole hse yelling and shouting lk mad. i even hv a video of the maid yelling back at my mum. anyway, my uncle appeared and he told her "ok u wanna go bk ltr buy u ticket u go back," wah the idiot became so arrogant. when my mum told her to wash the toilet tiles, she replied "mam, im gg back already why must i do hsework?" so we told her to sit in the svc yard and do nth. i told her i only pay her till 1030am. we didnt give her lunch and she was too arrogant to take my offer of helping her to da bao. she managed to sit thr till 5pm whr we told her to pack her bags. throughout this time, she glared at me and made snide remarks. when i asked her "why u look at me??" she replied "u stare at me first!" when all the time my back was facing her n i happened to turn ard and see her fishball eyes. she damn childish. a big liar too. crazy woman.

im glad i sent her bk. i bot a ticket to manila clark airport. it's much further aay and costs $282. she has to take another transport to manilla city itself then go home frm thr. i cld hv jus bot her a direct flight or at least a fight to manila airport at a much cheaper price. but then who cares, she has the $ to spare. her family is not poor and i feel that she TOTALLY deserves it. it's jus sad that the outlaying islands have to transit at manila, else sh'll have to figure her way home frm thr. thinking abt her face and hw she glare at me n taunted me the day she left makes me really happy abt my decision. ^_^v

from the first mth she was here she alredy lied to us saying her daughter has pneumonia n needs advance $100. and even told my mum "wat if smt happen to my daughter, u wan to b responsible mam?" my mum alr not happy bt still feel bad if dun help. when rch western union JP, she requested for $200. end up we found out that her hb got in trouble w the law over at phil.
2nd incident: we confiscated her hp as i caught her using her phone 3x during work hrs and i was calling for her to help me. aft sometime she didnt appear, i went to see what she was doing and she was actually finishing off typing her sms. i fed up n took it away, saying that she can only use aft work hrs. she nt happy and took the opportunity to fake us when her old phone died on her. she bot a new one and every nite she "surrender" her new phone. but guess wat, she's still using her old one with SIM card inside. when we confronted her, she retorted "becuz u tk my phone so i mus do this!"

alot of things she did that on hindsight, i wonder why we didnt sack her during her first 6mths here when she was beggin us nt to send her bk. alot of little things abt her is so irksome. such as her saying she dun eat overnite food cuz gt smell. wth. always eavesdropping on our conversations. (she also understands some dialect but has nv admitted that she does so she can continue to eavesdrop.), will blame me if i forget to tell her that her off day has to change to another day or if i cant remit her $ on the day that she "requested".

sorry for the rant girls, this load is finally off. i jus needed to well, rant. I CAN FINALLY MOVE ON!! YES!!!

Pooshies good luck, u going for c sect tomolo?

Jamie, no more maid for u? At the mention of maids my Hb say no no no.

Hi poshies,

Jia you jia you, v soon u will see yr little one on yr arms.

Juz curious, if do RC hw long must one clock so tat he or she can get to choose d ideal pri sch?

Apple,

Hmmm, I tint d party also randomly go hse visiting bah, there so many blocks in Pioneer zone. maybe nxt wk will be yr turn??? Keke

Jamie,

What a big relief!!! Finally peace...Can't imagine those days u have to endure her nonsense ESP when she talked back. If I were u, i will kick her bk to d agency once she show "pattern".

Jamie
Great relieve after so long. Montessori at blk 673. Think getting more student now cos got waiting list Liao. Enrichment also left pm slot.

Grassroots
Means I just go to any rc n ask? Thinks have to ensure e pri sch is under tt rc else waste time. Think not all pv e sch will take. When should we start e pv.

Hi Jamie,
happy for u at least get rid of ur maid. U coping well? If u need help on housework can find part-time maid 1st then selected a new maid

Hi apple / Connie ,
within ur zone area will have 1 Rc office which u can just go n tell them u interested then they will ask u to fill some form n if got available pple then they will confirm u as 1 member because every zone have limited pple within an Rc. Plus u need to voluteer more than 1 year before ur child pri 1 regsistred then can have the 2b stage meaning like my case my boy need to regsistered this year. Last year before jun I had already become member then can

Apple: hv to gt maid. My mum (and me, lol!) no energy everyday do hsework lk tt. Shiong. N I do plan to hv #2, maid will come in handy!
happy.gif

Mummypooh: yea, quite dependent on her for a longgg while.. Nw realised tt altho I become so bz w e hsework n looking aft my girl, I feel sooo stress free. No nd to b unhappy in my own home. Imagine we used to dread one another gg out cuz it means that we hv to stay home w e maid alone. @_@

Connie: I'm keen to check out the 673 mmi. I stay 630. It shld b near.
happy.gif

Poshies: still ok. My girl will open her golden mouth during mealtimes so less 1 headache thr. N cuz she's in her 2nd wk of being potty trained, as long as she dun hv "accident" I'm happy alr. Less 1 job to do.

I have never done so much hsework in my life!!!! *roarrrrrsssss*

Mummypooh, I think need to do 2 yrs. Hahah maybe then I niot free to entertain the mps and etc.

Poshies, u so wei da, dun think I will do pv.

Poishes,
U also grass-root members? R u active in the activity?

Jamie,
Ya, quite near, when I go jogging, I spot where u live. heaha. I usually jog around the sec school near ur place.

apple, doing rc and pb puts a child under phase 2b2, same wor....doing rc has no priority over those doing pv. I guess the only advantage of doing rc is you can select from a list of primary schools that are in GRC you are serving in rather than pv, where you most likely can only pv at 1 or 2 schools? I recommend parents to read up at http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/

jamie, your maid sounds like a qian jimg xiao jie! Goodness. Good that you kick her back fast. I've never had a maid before but my bestie had 1 nearly her whole life and I know maids can really cause alot of problems. Good or bad maids, all boil down to luck.

poshies, congrats!!!! Just curious, how you guys manage to try for #3?? As in, how to find the time and energy to even do it in the first place? I have 1 boy and im totally beat already ^^

yun, they did come and knocked on my door too but my husband refused to open door. Hahahahaha. Too sian to entertain them. I moved in Dec 2006 and even see any backside, now 1 group come, I won't open door!

<font face="segoe ui"> Morning mummies...
one weekend so many postings...</font>

<font face="Segoe ui"> Congrats</font> Poshies

Jamie
<font face="segoe ui"> good to send such maid away, if not sure more pblm coming...i also very scare to tink of employing another one is coming months...hope I got slightly better luck...haha</font>

Oh my god.. bless that person. A bit traumatize for me.
This morning, sent my gal to ifc. When drive out from car park, pass by blk 624 before reaching the main road, we saw police and a "" man lying on the floor. Believe he fell or jump as there was one bamboo beside him.

Oh...
sad.gif

Terrible and poor man.

butterwaffles
Hope you are feeling better.
Eat more and stay healthy.
I opp you, I over weight.. haha..

MP visiting
No one came so far leh.

poshies
Congrats.

Jamie
Haha.. my previous maid so far never "shout" back to me but I hardly scold her (only a few times when I was really angry). But, at times, I will "say" her and she will also make comments "say back to me", give excuse, or just say "i dont know" and give me that kind of "innocent look". But I hate it like she give me "color face" like she is the boss of my baby and try to dictates things cos she is a mother herself and seen to know more things than me.

Now without a maid, we are very tired but at least my mind, soul n heart is happier as I dont need to put up with a strangers' nonsense.

Hence, if I decide to have another baby and need another maid, I will get one to do housework n more "blur n stupid" type.

batbat, what time was that??? So scary! I reached very early today, dropped my boy and left. Didn't see anything wor *shudder* How are you guys coping so far? My husband has started to help out more, especially with the washing of dishes, because i cook every morning before i leave the house with my boy. Evening time, usually after i feed and bathe my boy, then my husband will reach home. If he's not tired, he will help me to wash up everything. I really hate washing the dishes. But no choice i have to cook. I guess if you have #2, a maid will make things easier and it's cheaper than having a permanent part-time helper ah.

butterwaffles
About 745am (we went out a bit late today). That block 624 is behind Pioneer Mall or beside 243 bus stop.
sad.gif

Cooking
Have you thinking to outsource the cooking? I know some people do that.
Anyway, I recently found out rice cooker can cook soup. So I try to cook macaroni soup for my gal last night. It work and my gal almost finish all.
Maybe next time I will also buy electric steamer.
Any one try it?

Part Time Maid
Talking about this, any one got lobang? Need cheap deal.
Thinking to get one per month to clean the major stuff.

batbat, i think cheesecake has an electric steamer. My rice cooker abit spoil ah, even cook rice sometimes may not work, wuahahahah. I usually cook soup with slow cooker and rice with rice cooker. Else just soup, go home then i quickly prepare some mee tai bak, udon noodle or bee hoon. Then add soup to it and feed my boy. For porridge, i use thermal pot but my boy prefers fresh porridge so very difficult lor. A few times i no time to cook in the morning because he woke up before me. Once he wakes up before me, thats it, i no need to do anything liao. Am tempted to buy an electric steamer too.

re: part time helper
i know some people use the hourly rated ones or get from agencies like NTUC income. This is the link. Not cheap thou....
http://www.income.com.sg/domestic/index.asp

Hello Mummies...

I am glad that I found a Jurong thread!!

Wondering if any mummies' children are in kindergarten. I just happened to find out that a Kindergartens need to have a "Certificate of Registration of school." So does it mean that those Kindergartens that dun have do not follow MOE curriculum?

taysetsuri, hello! From what I know, there is no fixed guideline for preschool curriculum in singapore. If the centre is registered, I guess it just simply means that. Like how private educational centers always say they are registered with MOE or what but actually, they don't come under the purview of MOE
happy.gif

butterwaffles
Expensive from agencies.
Any one got lobang on those auntie whom do freelance?

For meal and caring, I guess you just hang on for another few months when you move to sengkang where your parents can lend extra hands.

batbat, sadly, i don't have lobangs for hourly cleaners. I find that in jurong, very hard to get a reliable one ^^ An alternative would be to ask around, the cleaning aunties at your workplace? See if they are willing to go your place and clean for you heh.

Oh...yes, moving to Sengkang in August. My mum works, only my dad is around but he has back and knee problems. He recently keeps harping on how i better not consider #2 because i'll be on my own. He tells me everytime we go back Jurong, his back and knees will pain for a week. He's trying to tell me, that i should not be thinking that i can totally rely on him when i move over. But of cos, meals are taken care of
happy.gif
Oh well...

butterwaffles
<font face="segoe ui">hmm, if you planning for #2, then at the same time u hv to plan whether to get a maid or not</font>

cutiebb, how to have #2...i have noone reliable enough to help me. Plus i've did some counting, i don't think we can afford #2 ^^ What we spend on my boy now, if multiply by 2, me and my husband eat grass and don't bathe also not enough...hah. So not to mention getting a maid. Impossible sia....

Hi Mummies,
update on my BB in CC.
He is doing well now.
1st 3 weeks, cry alomost whole day.
3-4 weeks, still cries when change of activites.
After abt 5 weeks!!, he stopped crying and starts to participate in the activities
Now 6-7 weeks, can sleep and eat and enjoy his class liao.
Still whiny during morning medical checks. But he is willing to be checked and then will waves goodbye. Most teachers and other parents (who go and "peep peep" during the day commented he is doing well liao.
happy.gif
So happy for him now. Whew!

butterwaffles - Thanks for the info. Oh, how old is your boy? Getting a maid can have tax rebate from your income tax. The levy is 170 x 2 x 12...so in a way, u dun really have to pay much. But of cos, there is a possibility that you might have another set of maid issue.

ashwen, congrats! I'm glad you persisted because really, alot of parents give up waaay too early. Sooner or later, they will have to attend school so no point keeping them at home unless the caregiver is very responsible and motivated.

Taysetsuri, I know but I am low income earner, I don't have to pay income tax. So no point lor. Hahahaha! Unless can claim from the husband's......sigh. My boy is 13.5 months old
happy.gif
Which area are you staying at?? I'm under Pioneer GRC. Heh.

butterwaffles
You still young, right? Maybe 20's or the most early 30's.
So for 2nd one, if using Zoe Tay age for 3rd one, still got many years to think, decide and plan for one. Settle current family and situation first.

Littlesunny
Glad to hear this!

Hi littlesunny,
good to hear that...

Hi batbat,
I have lobang, my mom say she have a couple of friends work full time as part time maid. U pm or email, I get my maid to ask the aunt to contact u lor, I don't market rate as my mother charge high as she don work for local as cleaner haha

Oh I din know got this rule meh so my boy in MMI under moe anot anyone have any idea ? I think those under PAP or NTUC income should have rite?

Btw I have return back home from hospital but didi still in hospital due to juadice will update all tomorrow see when he can come home. Now at home only my gal, miss the 2 boys especially my elder one he sound so sad when I talk to him on the phone,

ashwen,

<font face="segoe ui">I saw from FB u are doing spree for this Portable Baby Bed, will u be on-going doing this spree later part of the year, im keen to get one but not now....currently i dun have space for this thing</font>

batbat, I'm 28 this year. Yes, actually I still have time to consider, just that my husband works in mindef and retirement age is lower so he's very keen to faster have #2. For me....I still can't find the energy to open my legs, wuhahahaha. Procrastinating....zzzz...

poshies, oh dear, hope your bb can return home soon! There is no guideline on preschool curriculum in Singapore
happy.gif
even those under PCFs. Govt has announced a couple of times already, that they do not see the need to have guidelines, they think our education system is not ready for this yet. This came after parents complained about the appalling standards of some preschools which resulted in their kids not knowing the basics and unprepared for pri 1.

HI Cutiesbb99,
later still can order. But price gg to increase.
By $20-30. Coz supplier is increasing price due to higher raw material and freight. Actually she has already increased price in her website. She is giving me the discount 1 last time.

Hi all! Yes very happy to gt rid of the maid. But nw sooo bz! N my girl has fallen sick. 38-39 deg fever.
sad.gif
brgt her to pd n kkh ytd. Try the med. Hope she gts well soon. I'm v bz n stressed. She's so clingy n appetite dropped. Tink she's having constipation today. Can't poo n says tummy pain.

Butterwaffles: "open my legs" lol! Wat a way to put it!! Wahhahaa!! Ur born in 1983? I'm opp of u guys. My girl is coming 2yo n I'm feeling the pressure of the growing age gap. Hopefully my hb will relent to the idea of #2 soon. :/

Poshies: can u pm me the maid thingy as well? I'm keen too. Btw, wat rule r u talking abt? Hope u can rreturn home soon w ur #3 so u all can b reunited.
happy.gif

Ashwen: can add me on fb? I wanna c the bed thingy!
happy.gif
[email protected] thk u!

Morning mummies.... I sleep with my boy on a queen size mattress on the floor. Don't know when I will fang xin enough to let him zzz alone. He can roll until bang wall or drop to the floor. My husband sleeps on ti lam beside us and a few times, he woke up to find our boy at his feet. Jialat leh...

Jamie, yeah I'm 1983! Similarly, people around me prefers their children to have smaller age gap. Pros and cons bah. For me, I cannot cope...it would be nice to have #2 but I'm not sure if I want to have another teenager to deal with haha. Keep questioning myself if I really want a baby or am I just trying to prolong the baby stage. Don't wish to have #2 just because I miss taking care of a newborn. Why your hubby not keen?? He feels very tired caring for 1 liao isit? So you not tired? Heh. If you guys have sufficient and reliable family support, why not?? Can go for it ah heh. For my husband, he's keen now because we are moving to my parents' soon and he feels at least I won't be on my own most of the times, can go for #2. He also prefers to suffer once and for all. Most importantly, he is hoping to have a girl.

butterwaffles
<font face="segoe ui"> my ger also sleep with us at this moment, planning to get her a bed end of this yr and train her to sleep on her own in her bedroom, not easy bah i feel to make my ger sleep on her own, beginning stage tink i hv to sleep with her in the same room till she get use to sleeping on her own bed...

its not easy, really...which i agree with u...another teenager to deal with...haha....</font>

cutiebb, i think even if i want to train my boy, now also difficult. My studyroom is now a storeroom because i've rented my MBR out, wuhahahaha. So 3 of us sleeps in my boy's room heh. My studyroom has all our clothes and stuff, my husband has ALOT of clothes. I really need to take leave one day and stay at home to PACK PACK PACK THROW THROW THROW! Yeah, when i think of having another baby, awwwww soooo cute. Then i fast forward, another teenager. Hmmm. Not so cute anymore! Hahahaha! Plus...really alot to do with a child i feel. Need to spend time with him, read with him, teach him stuff. Primary 1 registration is another thing i keep thinking about. So it's like, if #2 comes along, i don't know how to focus. Both equally important but lao niang only 1 pair of hands ^^

butterwaffles
Not sure of retirement age in Mindef.
Maybe not now (as in now) but perhaps once you move in with your parents and see how. Take 6 mths to 1 year to decide n plan.

For me last year i starting to think for 2nd one is due to my age and "physically" &amp; "mentally". But, after some 1 to 2 mths of deep thinking, I definely will not want within 2 to 3 yrs time (or ever after??!!). When it comes to close to 40's, then I see how bah.

Not sure the younger mummies here, but I suffer a long "nature delivery" that makes me really scare, and during confinement period, also very tired n pain n many things. I still ache here n there after many months. I scare of pain.

During pregnanacy, also suffer a bit mood swing (felt low self esteem in work place) and worse one was during the rashes period!!!!!

batbat, its a no-no to get preg when i move in with my parents'. I think they will faint if they know i'm planning for #2. Heh. If i have #2, i wil have to take unpaid leave to care for #2 until he/she is much older then send him/her to ifc before i return to work. I agree with you...The PUPPP rashes, sooo bad, it's worse than my MS which got me hospitalised. It's really not easy. My delivery was ok since i opted for csec, wuhahahaha. Just cut and 5mins later, bb come out liao. Confinement period, indeed super tiring. For me, i find post delivery much easier to deal with than the 9 months of pregnancy. I didn't feel good being pregnant and taking public transport too. All people do is stare at my tummy but no-one bothers to give up their seats, hah! Never see preg women before meh zzzz. Till now, i still don't dare to wear skirts to work as i still have the scars left due to the PUPPP rashes. I'm only considering #2 because of the way i see my boy behaves with other kids
happy.gif
Your gal is sooo cute! Once i was fetching my boy and i was spying on him through the window. Your gal was sitting alone at the table on her chair with a biscuit. Wah she was like tao kay (boss) lor, 1 hand hold biscuit, 1 leg was up. Wuhahahaha. She was in a cute pink dress that time
happy.gif
Now is different from last time. With reliable and sufficient family support, i think 2 or even 3 is ok. But if not enough support, i think with 1 only, also very headache and tiring already. How are you coping so far? Able to fetch your gal on time?

butterwaffles

Fetching is a challenge to us!

Her bday that why i get a dress for her to wear. But we didn't "celebrate" personally on that day due to first day of ching ming. We done the makan n family celebration over the weekends.
She look like a boy right?
She does that at home too, put one leg up. So chor lor like a boy. Hahaha..

Talking about food. The past 1 week, whenever at home after ifc, every 2 hr she need food!! Is it normal?

She cry till like she got colic and we are really clueless at first. She just had her porridge ard 730pm, then 930pm she cried like hell, gave milk - reject, gave biscuit - not enough, from 10pm to 11pm gave bread/milk/water and she become satisfied and sleep about 12pm. Another day I tried to cook more porridge but she refuse to finish it and the cycle occur again.
Last night about 9:30pm when she started to fuss/cry again, I cooked cereal (while eating 2 small rice biscuit)! Eat cereal half way n reject n cry, no choice gave 1 pcs of bread again and with water. She seen happy n start to play again. Then about 11plus, she started again and we gave milk.

Aiyou.. is this normal?

batbat, you are right, if you didn't tell me she's your gal, i would have thought she's a boy boy
happy.gif
I was asking her through the window, "biscuit yum? nice?". She continued to munch and stared at me. lol. My parents told me before that if #1 looks like a boy but is a girl, #2 will be a boy. Haha, don't know true or not. I looked very much like a boy when i was a baby as well hehe.

When is her last milk feed at the centre? Does she finish her porridge and snacks? For my boy, it depends on what time he wakes up from his afternoon nap. He usually has porridge, then shower. Then straightaway nap. After nap, they give him milk. Around 2.30pm to 3pm? Then at 5pm or so, they give him biscuits or stuff like red bean soup. I buy my own biscuits and tell them to give my biscuits to my boy as snacks. I usually can reach home around 6.15pm with my boy. I will straightaway feed him dinner. He'll shower at 7pm after the Ai show's song finish (he loves it) and by 8pm, he'll eat again because that's usually when my husband returns from home with his own dinner! Then i'll give him milk when i sense he is tired and wants to sleepm, usually around 9 to 9.30pm. He'll sleep by 11pm.

Looks like she loves bread! My boy loves Gardenia butter rolls ^^ You mean before she attends ifc, her night time routine at home is not like this? My boy fusses when he wants attention or is tired. If he is hungry, he will whine. Took me a while to recognise which is which. Since they can't talk yet, we can only guess ^^ Easier for me now since my boy will hold my hand and point or just show me what he wants. Soon, she'll be able to better communicate her needs. If you are worried she is overeating, maybe you can check with her PD. Or see if her tummy is very bloated? Does she have any favourite item at home?? Something that can soothe her whenever she gets fussy? For my boy, my vaccum cleaner works all the time. The moment i on it, he will cheong towards the vaccum cleaner and try to vaccum the floor for me.

Back