A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Mummies,
great news.. I juz received a call from my first skool.
They hav 1vacancy in April ., iam going to register My son this Friday. Yuppie......
Anyway, anyone know how much is the school fee ???

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Connie</font>
Should be my current maid
happy.gif
She has agreed to help me till end May when my #2 goes to cc. Am paying her $330 now with 1 off day a mth. That was part of the contract when I had her the last time. And i felt it too much to increase her salary by a whole jump to $450 1 shot.. so i told her, if continue with me, i will give her $380. Obviously she decided to work elsewhere even b4 i spoke to her, coz even b4 i ended my conversation, she already told me she dun wanan continue.

Haha, tat was only what hb n i were talking abt. but since she oso no intention to continue with me, den i nvr offer the option to her. But why we opted for weekdays was coz weekday, when my boys are in childcare, maid has nothing to do. On sundays (which is our only rest day, since hb works full day on Sat as well), if we still have to look after the kids, den it's v v tiring lor. u get what i mean?
happy.gif

Classes are great. Check out the community centres. They have many classes from cooking to baking, sewing, etc. Mayb get her to pick up a skill, so nxt time if she ever go back to Philippines, she can survive. Dun have to be a helper all her life.

The current mkt for maid pay is horrible. That's y i hesitated getting a new maid. Will see if I can handle 2 kids on my own before I decide if i should get another maid. Save the xtra $$ to buy better things for my kids.

<font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
oohh... Ichiban is far n school fees are exp rite? So u still deciding whether to take up CD isit?

<font color="ff0000">Yun</font>
wow.. tat is good news
happy.gif
btw.. how u doing? n how's ur maid now? still got problems mah?</font>

Ilovemaxmax,
Iam feeling much better now but still vomitting lo

iam little confuse now, if my boy attend full day childcare, what will my maid doing at home ?? She will become very free.
And I still got $280 deposite at my son current school le., no one month notice . They will not refund me
sad.gif

my Maid is more n more stubborn. Everytime told her off she will come with tons of excuses. Make me irritating most of the time. Anyway, will only use her after I due in aug., "ren"

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
are u around? How's ur maid issues? All settled with the caregiver arrangement?

<font color="ff0000">Yun</font>
oohh.. or can u start MFS in mid apr instead? Den J can continue at his current school n u dun lugi the deposit?

Ya.. tat was 1 reason why i dun wanna hire another maid le. Coz when my kids are in CC, she'll be damn free n alone at home, which i dun feel safe for a new maid lor.

"ren"... u need all the help u have when u deliver in Aug. Oohh.. can see gender liao?</font>

Ilovemaxmax,
would like to ask my first skool to delay to may ( if they agree) then will be the best. If not, Bo pian also. I dun want to miss this chance
happy.gif

so you decided to not hire a new maid ?? Malcolm is going to cc soon rite ?? So no point to hire a maid la

Ya, I need extra hands beside my mum on my confinement
month. After that, can kick her off Liao.
I pissed off again juz now , asked her soak dried scallop for
steam egg later but until now she hasn't soak yet then my boy will only hav plain steam egg to eat later.
She still can ask me " wat is scallop ?" .. Omg , I said " you
must tell me if you dunno wat us scallop juz now ,and now is too late " I believe it's she forgot because Tis is not the first time.

On my 12weeks check up, doc said 70% boy but on my 16weeks check up my gynae said she can't find the "kuku bird". So I also dunno
happy.gif

let's see on my details scan next month..

Max,
My friend told me her agency still have 380/mth.
Phillipino, Ex-Sg. Look like phillipino cheaper now. in this case, isn't the indo looking for trouble? She planning to give her maid 400 and her maid agreed.

Yun
Congrate, which outlet is it?

Lovemaxmax

Was really busy for the past few days.
My gal is in ifc at 922, starting yesterday.

Today I leave her there n back to work. Cry a lot a lot but I wait for her to clam down by the teacher before leaving.

Maid.. going to settle some stuff these 2 days.

Morning....

Connie, still hv $380 for fillipino??? tot also increase....can the agency dun increase?

Poshies, not going to baby festive...

baby festive
SIL ask me interested or not but Mine both toddle lei.Got anything for toddle?

Cutie
Some are from old contract ba. There should be some less than 400 around. Hers current is 350, ok with 400 after renew. Teach her son English maths. Read story for him etc. She ask me where to find which is true. I pay more, but indo cannot read story books and the teaching not sure is malay or English. Tyres become ty ya.

Ilovemaxmax: yes ichiban is at yunnan cres, st 93 area.. I stay at st 65. Bt I like e environment, the principal is v gd too, can tell she's nt fake or putting up a front.. CD is gd too, the principal also v nice, location is better la bt environment abit more lose. Lol! Bt! CD I can anytime walk pass n peek, ichiban cannot peek cuz its a semi detach 2 storey.. Dilemma!!!

Hi,

What milk do you give to your baby?
I am thinking to switch to Friso from Karihome.
Heard it is cheap and good.

I heard enfalac is sweet.
For similac, my gal had it during infant.

What is real good?

Mummies,
been to my first skool blk 648c juz now., registered done. My boy will start in may . The principal allowed me to start in may instead of April coz I told her that I still hav deposite in my son current skool., so nice

I can say the place is vr clean, bright and new., hope the teachers are good too
happy.gif

I only found out that iam actually in the no.16 of the waiting list and there are more than 100 childs r still waiting lo...

Batbat,
I giv my son friso after 1yr old, so far ok
Previously taking enfalac and that is heaty for my son.

Batbat: my girl is taking gain IQ nw.. Tried enfagrow on her aft I stopped bfg at 15mths bt she reject.. :p she took to gain more easily.
happy.gif

Yun: I walked past thr before, thr's a playgrd outside rite? I've seen the kids playing ard thr. Yup it does look bright n nice thr.
happy.gif

mummies,

my friend got a flea market at gek poh cc tmr.

got toys, stationeries, clothes and many items she will be selling.

drop by and support her if u can!

Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm
date: 20 march 2011

CC
Gal start ifc at 922 for some days since last week. Can't comment much but she still cry once the CC door is open. OMG.. only 11+ mths and able to recognise places??!! I believe on &amp; off she still cry during whole day there, though the teachers keep saying no problem no problem.
But good thing is "low ratio" as of now.
Bad thing is fetching very rush for us. I can see it has affecting our work.
Sigh..
Have not met butterwaffles in person so far, except her son.. hahaha..

Milk powder
Heard there will be an increase price of milk powder for some brand.
Think if I want to change, I will change to Friso. Abbot &amp; Mead Johnson is almost same price with karihome at some chinese medicine shop.

Maid
Any ideal if I sign the transfer &amp; release letter, let say 31Mar release date, that means the maid has only 2 weeks to find job before permit is cancel (automatically)?

eczema
Any good cream to remove marks/scars left by eczema? My gal got an eczema outbreak some mths ago, and the dark mark/scars still there on her face since. I try aloe vera (from watson) but still don't go away.
Any good recommendations? I don't mind buy expensive type as long as make it go away.

Hi Yun,
glad u able to sign up for MFS too.
So ur son will be gg to Playgrp?

Hi Mummies,

My son is rejecting milk recently. Think he associates milk = nap/sleep time so he is not keen to drink milk. How?

Milk powder price keep increasing but he dun wan to drink after milk is made will waste lots $$ and not gain nutrition.

At CC, he is the smallest size in class. Most ppl think he is still 18 mths.
Now at 23 mths, he is only 9.8 kg and 83 cm tall. How to make him gain more weight?

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Batbat</font>
if u wanna release ur maid, u have to release her at least 1 mth b4 her work permit expire. Gotta give the agency time to find employer for her and den apply for her work permit. ALL these has to be done b4 1 mth of her WP expiry.

Like for my case, my maid WP expiry 28apr. If i were to release her, i have to let her go by 18mar, so agent can find employer. If less den a mth, MOM dun allow the trf. Ur maid gotta return home. That's what all the agencies told me</font>

Hi,

Anyone mommy stay in jurong west interested to send their baby for music class which is like kindermusik? It is called music garten. I wanted to send my baby for the class which is a home based near pioneer mrt but need 2 babies to form a class. She charge $55 per mth! I'm looking at weekday afternoon if any mommy wants to join me pls pm me
happy.gif
We can go for the trial class first!

Hi any mummies here put deir child at Cherie hearts chevron?

Can give mi some feedback as was tinkin to switch him over to the sch..

Thnx..

Hi mummies, long time never post!

I agree with Jamie about Ichiban's principal. It is just too bad i have to withdraw my boy even before he starts and i really worry if the centre at Sengkang is good enough or not. But still....I would recommend mummies to take a look at the place if you don't mind the high fees.

batbat, my boy takes Friso. Initially, he took Nan but due to bad acid reflux when he was 2 months old, PD advised us to change to Friso Comfort or Enfalac Anti-Reflux. I chose Friso as Enfalac was real expensive. Thank god my boy's condition improved after taking Friso Comfort. He's now taking Friso 3 (for 1-3years old) and everything's well so far. I won't say it's cheap but Friso DOES have frequent promos! Even now, so you might wish to give it a try. Can buy the small tin (900g) first. About sweetness, i personally don't take much notice. Cos frankly, breastmilk is the sweetest. And i won't change formula unless my boy rejects...i rather stick to the same brand if everything seems fine ah. My boy also started to wail whenever i leave when he was near 11months plus and i thought he is slow lor. I thought babies at 6 months can recognise already? Or my expectations too high? I saw your gal, she's such a darling! She was in her cot, standing and peering out when i was fetching my boy :p It's common for young kids to cry because they can't talk yet
happy.gif
Crying is a form of communication, doesn't mean its a bad thing ya? My boy will now still wail like mad, especially when it's teacher Jani at the door in the mornings. If it's Fidah or teacher Zhang, he will actually stretch out his hands, want them to carry! Everytime my husband witnesses that, he will snort because even till now, my boy never stretch out his hands for him, haha. I've heard pretty good reviews on California Baby - Calendula Cream. You can give it a try. Buying it from Watsons can be expensive, you can try Gmarket? Or overseas sprees? I've never tried it before thou.

ashwen, i'm not sure if he can drink stuff like milo, horlicks, ovaltine or normal milk like Marigold, Farmhouse etc? Sometimes my boy rejects cereal for breakfast, i actually give him bread with milo and he will gobble everything up. I think he likes the milo taste. It's ok for him to be small size babe, don't worry ok...pros &amp; cons really. My boy now 13 month+ but 11kg and 78cm tall. Can you imagine the strain on my bones? And i scared he will be an obese child. I think it's easier to gain weight than to try losing weight...My husband's colleague's daughter same situation. After she turned 1, she rejects milk TOTALLY. The mummy ended up giving her fruit juice, milkshakes, fruit shakes, more cheese. Cos she reckoned if her gal doesn't want to drink milk, then she'll just have to replace milk with other stuff. I know she makes things like banana or strawberry milkshake for her gal. She gives her gal soyabean drink too. I think she tried giving organic milk (she bought from NTUC Nex) to her gal too (but cold lar) and her gal did drink abit. Don't give up k...Your boy taking any supplements?

samantha, have you been to CH Chervons to take a look? I've been there before. There are really alot of kids there. The principal and the teacher-in-charge are quite alright. They are hoping to have more space but alot of constraints on their side. Personally, i think the teachers there are abit overworked, cos really alot of kids. You might wish to visit the place first before you make a decision ya. Fees are reasonable. If you or your spouse is on MINDEF payroll, i think there is an additional $100 off the fees on top of the $300 govt subsidy. If you are considering Chervons, then maybe you can consider some of the CCs at the International Business Park as well.

Hi Butterwaffles,

Milo he will drink. But must be ice milo.
Normal marigold milk even choc favour don like. Pediasure choc favour also dun like.

I tried to give him milkshakes like banana, avocados etc. but also drink a bit dun wan liao.

He likes bread, cake and cookies /biscuits. Is there any cookies/ biscuits which are good and nutritious?

His taste for food change everyday. One day he just want fish, another day he just want mince pork.
Eg on Sunday I cooked steamed mince pork and tofu and fried eggs for him. He only eat the pork and eggs, tofu spit out.
Ytd, I bought fish soup porridge, cooked minced pork. He only ate the fish porridge. didn even wan to touch the pork. Close him mouth tightly when I bring the spoon with pork to him.
sad.gif
Everyday is guess work for me.

morning mummies.....

i think some mummies will have situation that children reject milk at some point.... but both my kids like super glue to milk (formula) haha even my boy who is 6 this wednesday... still drink from milk bottle... coz he love to lie down to drink.... i will not force him to used cup as long as he had no problem with other liquid.... he take his milk from cup in childcare, and he drink all kind of different liquid from cup too.... but he simply do not like gas drink like coke.... haha that is the best thing... so when we go mac... he will either take milk (fresh milk)/milo/apple juice...

personally... i drink lot of fresh milk myself.... and i don force my kids to drink milk at certain timing.... the only time is wake up morning, milk is a must before anything else... thereafter.... they will drink per demand since 2 year old.... so now my boy will take milk 3 time per day during weekday, morning, childcare - before nap, night before sleep, my gal will take 1 more time more than the brother, as she felt hungry when reach home, so she will take 1 bottle before dinner.... but weekend.... both kids will demand anything..... two of them like fight for milk intake....

i think some children might like their milk either hot/warm or cold, so u might need to know what is their favour.... most important once they take solid do not force them to drink... it might be make thing worst... i had a friend who concern of her boy grew as his build.... so she also ended giving him bottle instead of cup even when he is 5 year old... i think there are nothing wrong with children drinking from bottle, but just ensure they only drink milk from bottle and cup for other liquid.... i had introduce cup and bottle (straw-type) once they know how to stuck, so i separate milk bottle for only milk and the rest of the liquid will need to drink from bottle... which make them easier... children love routine...

samantha, u can consider ccs at st 8x or 9x. i stay at blk 630 and becuz here all ccs are full or lousy, i turn to that side. have to take sch bus but no choice.. try to take a look at ichiban montessori, it's not bad. there's also q-dees around the corner. =) also, when i was on my way home, i saw a big cc called Wonderplace. u can venture there to see. =) oh!

batbat, my girl also have scars.. i do put calendula cream for her, but if it does work, then it's working real slowly.. otherwise it's actually rather gd for redness and rashness. they also have it in a spray form, the label states diaper rash area or smt like that. but it works better than the cream imo.. =)

ashwen, my girl is picky too. only wan ramen noodles when we eat out. and must be plain noodles with a bit of soup. she reject fish for a few mths alr, i supplement with cod liver oil. it's very hard to feed her when we are outside. =( as of today, she's abt 12kg, 83cm tall at 22mths. tink she's heavy cuz she takes alot of carbs. rice and noodles. my maid loves to feed and feed, my girl fuss she also bo chap, her goal is to CLEAR the bowl! until we have to tell her to watch the signs of fullness, dun wait till my girl throws the bowl on the floor! oh, btw, healthy biscuits and snacks, u can gif him those regular biscuits then spread cheese on it.=)

Samantha,
Not sure when is the issue. Q-dee is a cc and heard is good.

Ichiban have Ichiban kindergarten and Ichiban Montessori.

A few parents say that crepe diemn is not bad.

Hi Connie,

Haf called wonderplace but is in full waiting list..

nw was planning to put dem at carpe diem jurong West or Chevron as both of dis haf vacancy and is cheaper..

the rest all above $400 cant afford..
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Samantha</font>
Did you just recently enrol ur child into Carpe Diem JW? It's the one at Blk 739 rite? You are v sure the fee is $350 after subsidy???

Reason why i'm asking is coz my boy is currently attending the school. my #2 will be going in June. N i've not heard that school fees drop. ONly heard of the increase. I'm paying $400 for my 1st and $420 for my 2nd.

So if it's really $350, I must go n ask why already
happy.gif
</font>

just move to jurong!

haiz..i also headache ah..gg to be 18mths (in may) but no cc to go!

super long waiting list!!

when bb go cc liao, need to wean off bm nw?

my son also on the heavy side..16mth+, abt 12kg..height, 83cm..

For maid, aiyou already 1 week or more, still cannot find employer! I thought market is very tight now? Not sure what is happening. Maybe she asking too much from her current pay? OR that agent is not so good or maybe the employer are super rich, can afford $450, thus have many choices?
Her work permit till next year.
Present looking and healthy, shouldn't be that difficult to find. Furthermore, she pay $100 to register to that agent leh??!!

She went for a few employer house for interview arrange by the agent but no news or "reject"?

I had given her a deadline, if can't find, she has to fly home.

Milk
I think I will try on Friso when time comes..

Scar marks
yes I will try the california brand. But, too busy to buy from SMH.

922 ifc
So far still ok, but I was too busy, every time drop n go or pick n leave. Teacher always say ok ok not much problem.

batbat,
$450/mth lei. If willing to pay this amount, sure must choose carefully.

Think still can find agent rate around $380/mth lor.

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Maid Issues</font>
Now ah.. i think it works both ways. Both employers and maid choosing each other leh. Seems like the maids these days getting v choosy...
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">Connie</font>
hehe.. i finally found Gek Poh 1 maid agency Myanmmar maid $370.</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Connie</font>
Some i went to ask, Myanmmar $420 leh... Indo n Filipino $450. Rocket-high pay now...</font>

Back