A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

connie, ya, i heard abt little learner got learn chinese, but hor the one at 691, the asst teacher very fierce de, i feel...keke

i have a friend who leave to a block with pg downstair but she can't send his son there but need to send to a pg far away that the boy need to take school bus.... but the funny thing is.... her boy have problem to go to pg when the pg is downstair but happily take school bus.... maybe the voy just enjoy bus ride....

Cutie
That auntie is e overall incharge. She is v experience n according to her, she will advise parents how to handle kids as well. Some parents methods r wrong.

Got a story about my maid to share.
Can't sleep well last night.
Sigh..

After this 2 days, see how it goes n will share with all.

I want to cry!!!!!!!!

For the past few months since i had a maid, I left a pre-paid card phone for my maid to use whenever no one is at home, in case of emergency.

Last night, some unknown number called but I never pick up. Immediately after that, someone sent several sms to "me".

1st message "your maid is naughty specoaly if u not at home so u better watch her madam".

I reply "who r you". Next reply "i giv top up ready n dont want to call me".
I reply "what you mean?". Next reply "I fren ur maid itchi ok".

I reply "what she do". Next reply ".. working near by ur place... sometime she go market..... i frm bangladesh"..

I ask which market, he replied "near place u lah madam" and the unknown person sms a few more.... and last one "ok, gudnite u checking ur maid ok madam".

We asked her last night and she denied it and swear to god!

Today after work, we make a police record. Called that person using our personaly mobile at polic station but it never get thru. It is M1 service provider.

Call M1 to trace the number but M1 say must Police to liase with M1 special department etc etc.

Mummies.. tell me what to do.
I asked my bro n sis-in-law how. They think most likely it is someone playing punk. My husband also say give benefit of doubts.
Last night, I also think so but then just now at Police Station, the police 1st thing he say someone is trying to warn n hint you about your maid.

!!!

The moment I hear this, my eyes big big!!!!!

batbat,
Is ur maid a transfered one? Did u ask the police what make him think that someone is trying to hint you abt the maid? The remark he made might be of his personnel view.

You won't know maybe she rejected and the bangladesh use this technic to force her agreed on something. Its a guessing game.

Else u ask her agent to talk to her direct.

Connie
She is a transferred maid. So called "abuse" at previous employer. Run away after 10 mths.

Last night I didn't sleep well again.
I believe there is some truth in it.

My maid on Sunday night did say someone gave free top up to her so she just accept it but to her own phone (which she use only on weekend).
At the end of conversation, she also say if we really want her out, she request us to raise a "release letter" from current agency so that she can work in another agency where her auntie is. Her reaction also a bit fake.

They must have use my pre-paid card to chit chat before (n she delete away), with the guy give free top up to her so that my phone will not finish so fast.

I believe this bangladesh is not the normal one. He could be work here for long, n in supervision role or slightly higher pay. Else how can he got extra $$ to pay for the top up. He must have trying to "get back to my maid" when she refuse his phone calls after accepting the top up or whatever. He dare to speak up to "Singaporean" and experience in maid relationship. Maybe many maid fall into his love trap.

Agent.. hahaha.. last evening after police, I called. The person say she need to seek advise from manager for such unusual case
sad.gif
and will call me back today.
Agency --> no use.
They will only say you can get a replacement if you not satisfied with her service.

What I cannot tolerate and I hope it have so far never happen. That man or any others come to my house and do that thing with her at my home. Worse if he has sexually abuse my dog or baby gal (you won't know how sex manic they could be)!! This is my worse fear....

We have not share with any "elderly" or other family members yet, only my bro n sis-in-law. I want to have a cool head to think over what is the next step.

Yes, I may be thinking of IFC or nanny too.
Lost the trust in her.

batbat, hear ur story liao, really scare me lei...i tink u faster change her away liao...before u find IFC or nanny or etc....dun kip her liao...and i agree that u hv make a police report, so anything happen, police can help u...if can, try not get transferred maid bah...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Batbat</font>
eermm... depends on how much you understand your maid. Do you think she's capable of doing such a thing? E.g. befriending Banglas, getting the free top-up, blah blah...

But 1 thing for sure is, she really did befriend this Bangla. If not how on earth would he get ur pre-paid number.

From the 2nd part of your story, it seems like your maid doesn't want to go back to her previous agency, hence told u to sign a release letter so she can go to another agent. This might be a ploy between her and the Bangla. To make u unhappy with her, so that u will release her and den she can go to another employer.

Sorry, but I can't recall, what nationality is she? How much is her current salary? Any off days? She's alone at home with ur bubba? Have u spoken to any of ur closer neighbours see if they observed anything? Or do u have CCTV at home which u can monitor?

Reason why i'm asking the above is becoz mayb she knows the current mkt of salaries of maid. So since she's not getting such a high salary, hence she wants to change employer so that she can get more off days and higher salary.

My gut feel is, let the maid go, since u already lost the trust in her. No pt holding on to someone who is not honest. Unless, u are really sure that she won't do any hanky panky. If u really decide to keep her for some reason, make sure u lay the cards down on the table. NO talking to other men. Let her know, these men are here to work as well. Their salary only $xx. What makes her think they can support her, blah blah blah. There's only 1 thing on men's mind lor...

Feel free to come in here n talk to us k. There's so many of us here, i'm sure we will be able to give u a level-headed perspective</font>

The agent just called and say if we want to release the maid, has to go back to them??!!

Is this true?
There is no longer loan, hence maid can choose her own agent if want to?

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
yes... that's wat i heard as well.. as long as finish loan, the maid can go to any other agent. This is wat is happening to my own maid as well. She has requested that she wants to go to another agent. Refuse to go back to her previous agent. N i checked with the other agent, they are willing to take her.

Reason why her current agent wants u to bring her back to them, is so that they can help her look for another employer den they can earn her 2 mths salary mah.. This is so true in the business world. But from what i understand, as long as u, the employer, is willing to sign the release letter, she can go to another agent.

Of coz it all boils down to u. If u are willing, let her go to another agent. If u are not and bring her back to her current agent, ur maid oso got nothing to say. What i'm only afraid is she dun wanna go den she run away.

For my maid, she has helped me for 2 yrs already, so out of kindness, i've agreed to let her go to another agent, of coz after talking to that agent. Coz i need to make sure it's a real biz and they won't let her do anything illegal coz the period before her trf, her name and levy is still under ur payroll..

Anything u can PM me to discuss further
happy.gif
</font>

hi batbat,
oh dear.... hope u are better now.....

any update on the case from the police...

actually personally i will not sign any release letter as u suspect she might be involve in some other activites.... personally i will prefer she go back, as i find it so fair for the next employer to take her... just my personally view..

Dear All,
The priority now is to settle my gal caretaker.
IFC or nanny or another maid.
I will focus on this matter first.

Contacted my MIL just now, and as usual she start to nag this this n that that. Then tell me when i was away for short trip, someone calling her from our pre-paid card a few times. She say it is her auntie. I ask my mother in law "why never tell me this earlier"??

She has no off and pay is $360. At times I ask her to go down stairs to buy things. Don't want to confine her inside my house. Told her before we need to have trust to stay "happy" together. We are adult.

Anyway, here is my conclusion:-

1. It is genuine case
She always chit chat with this fellow n he gave free top up to her as it is my phone. Maybe he want something more or "relationship" turn sour, she start to bochap him. Then, this guy turn "nasty".

2. It is half true
He gave free top up and maid just use and thought can "bochap" him. Never thought this guy so daring to sms me.

3. Conspiracy
The person sms me so I never get to speak to him. Maybe due to the hike in pay, her friend sms me so that I scare and release her earlier? My maid knows around end of the year, my gal will go to school n no longer need her. Hence, instead waiting so long, change now to earn more?

4. Offence someone?
Some maid jealous her or she offence someone, n cause that person sms this?

5. Someone play punk?
I think lowest chance.
This person sms to me at least 6 o 7 sms. Though no mention of maid names or where we stay, the 1st sms he already know I am Madam (pre-pay card is under my husband name) and mentioned "especially when i m not at home".
I am a mobile staff (norm for my company in IT line). Hence, at times, I m working in office, at site, at home, etc.

Next thing is.. before CNY, she ask me when going to bring her to cut hair as it is becoming uneven?? Suddenly become so vain? She told me before she love long hair and sad that last employer cut her hair till very short.

That is why I suspect there is some truth in this, if it is conclusion 1 or 2. She thought she has an upper hand but never thought she will be play out by this blangladesh man.

I dont care where she will go eventually. She did take good care of my gal. So see how it goes. But most likely I will not keep her for long.

batbat
I will just return her to the orginal agent and let them settle. Not sure during transfer, will you need to write your comment or not. Maybe u can make a remark if there is.

Anyway, she cannot force you to sign the letter. If what u suspect is true, then y let her get wat she want? Current rate is $450 so is $90 different. A great diff for them.

Yes, she take care of ur gal but how sure u know she took good care of her? Especially now the relation turn sour. Now, she already voice out her stand point if u do not want her.

Ever heard if u put bb in infant care of MFS, got more vacant. U might want to try.

Batbat,
I will also confused n scared if I were you. think I will send her back to origin agent the next day after knowing these ...
Iam very "kiasi" de

Hi mommies,
I told my maid to be careful about those blangadesh last nite. She told me got some tried to be friend with her while she walk the dog.

There is a phillipine maid that was send back recently cause she is pregnant. It looks like the guy do not need to bear any responsibility after maid send back.

Heard that there are 3 maids return to the agent near the food court at GEk poh. All 3 due to boyfriend. Got to be careful regards to transfer maid. Not sure what reason the agent will provide for all these 3 maids.

ya...i tink once find the maid got pblm...faster return to agent to further anything happen...

my lst and only maid told my mom too, she like long hair and her hair is very long before she came spore....the agent ask her to cut short her hair and shes very heart pain...

I cant send her away immediately now as need to settle my gal next caretaker. We are still discussing the next best option. My mother in law prefer nanny but I not so favour of it. (She is those type will finger pointing when things go wrong, say loudly, n especially if you don't heed her advise n she always keep bring up the old things). She is the old queen of the household and want people to listen to her. Just like this maid case. Yesterdy nag n nag on phone for more than half hour (I already so fan and I was in the middle of working, not housewife where got so much time to chit chat and listen to her nagging, finger pointing, etc)!! ARGH!!!

Got ask one of neighbour whom is housewife any suspicious man hang around our floor. She say didn't see so far except Town Council worker sweeping the floor.

I think my maid so far still dont dare to bring any man home, as my time at home, reaching home or going out is not fix.

After all the consideration, I will give my maid a choice to go back or other agent. There are few more weeks still need her around, hence I dont want any "happenings". But, we will arrange my husband auntie to come as much as possible to minimise she being alone with baby.

I think this is my first time hearing and encounter myself a bangladesh to sms to maid's employer.

HI JTS :

Jay Gee Warehouse Sale 2011 starts on 9 Mar 2011

For the next 5 days (till Sunday) … you can get the following at warehouse prices:

■Adidas Kids
■Carters
■Dockers
■Levis
■Levis Kids
■Levi Strauss Signature
■New Look
■OshKosh B’Gosh
■TM Lewin

So grab your wallet and rush down before it’s all snapped up!

Event Details

Event : Jay Gee Warehouse Sale 2011
Date : 9 – 13 Mar 2011
Time : 10.00AM – 7.00PM

Wow, batbat, can imagine the stress and dilemma u r in.. Better release her lest she pregnant n things get worse.. Meantime look for a new maid.. This is very sccary lei. Always read/hear abt these kind of cases but nw its actually happening! @_@

Btw, anyone knw much abt carpe diem at blk 739?

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
My boy is in Carpe Diem
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Batbat</font>
gosh... i can understand the roller coaster u are going through right now. Are u able to take unpaid leave or anyone else can look after ur gal? U keeping ur maid now is like keeping a time bomb with u. If can, better trf her or send her back asap. that's just my opinion lah</font>

Lovemaxmax,
I work in US MNC. Hire n Fire.
Hence, I try not to take any urgent or unpaid leave unnecessary.

We arranging an auntie to come over next week first n see how.

Time bomb, maybe. But, she know she still need to work and aviod upset me further so that I will not send back to orginal agent.

We are in the mid of arranging few things here n there, and some discussions ongoing.
Only the new maid agent no sign, no smell, since Tuesday/Monday, ask her to get the new agent company name and contact so that I can talk to them to find out more. Till now, she keep saying don't know and still waiting her auntie to tell her, etc etc. So inefficiency and no sense of urgency.

Batbat, u knw wat, if its me, I'd book her a tix n send her bk. So other employer won't kena her nonsense. Cuz agents will jus use the few typical excuse: kena abuse by employer, comm breakdown, ah ma dun lk her, e employer v fussy. Its always lk tt.so I'll jus send her bk lor.
happy.gif

IloveMaxmax, hw's the sch? Is gd? My girl is coming 2yo in may. Will they b in e same class?

it say those maid will loan the money from their indo bank and not from the maid agency...so we dun need to come out a huge sum of money to pay for them lst, we just gv them their monthly salary...and we will just pay for the agency fees as usual...so i guess agency fees will increase

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
oohh.. den that's tough. but so glad ur auntie can come supervise. WOuld be good to have another adult there, so she's not alone at home, esp with ur gal.

Hope u sort out your maid issues soon. Maid issues are always such a headache. Got maid oso headache. No maid oso headache.

<font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
2y/o will be in toddler class
happy.gif
will be same class as my younger boy. My older one in N1 le. eerrmm... so far i've no complaints abt the school lah. prob only their fees abit on the exp side lor.. like enrichment classes and outings, they seem to charge quite abit

Your gal will be joining the school in may??? Malcolm (my #2) going in June, coz i wanna let him finish his new term of enrichment class b4 starting at CD</font>

ilovemaxmax, they offered me a vacancy in june.. so most likely same as ur boy. =) outings is how exp? i think their fees ok la, $480? see that lousy cherie hearts already $420. lol!!! other than that, the tchrs are gd? was considering ichiban montessori b4 this as CD toldme they hv long waitlist which they cant confirm when they can take in my girl..

Connie, I'm nt sure if its 480. Cld b 450. Bt I knw is slightly more than CH..

Btw, mummies, hw strict are ur cc health checks? I jus dropped my girl off at her PG n overheard a girl's temp 37.1. They still allowed her to go in. The mummy said some lame excuse lk the body temp increase when she cranky or wat. Wat nonsense! N the tchr accepted it. Is it common?

Jamie,
Usually they will stop the children if temp exceed 37.5 degree. 37.1 consider ok.
Last time my boy was 37.x and the teacher let him rest inside the class room for 10 min before retaking his temp. They ask my maid to go back and will call if temp never go down. But never called and the evening temp is ok.

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
ooohh.... ic ic. I just told Teacher Rebecca day before that my boy will only go in June
happy.gif

eerrmm.... i tot their fees are $420!! Increased so much liao??? Even $420 i find it ex leh. hhmm.. recently they went to nearby Jurong Lake. each child had to pay $10 for the outing. I was chatting with my colleague and understood, her boy's outing.. to Yakult factory only need to pay $6 lor..

Teachers good?? Frankly, I have nvr seen them conducting their lessons. But in terms of caringness, they are ok, if not my boy will not like his mandarin teacher that much
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">On temp</font>
eerrmm.... 37.1 not considered fever bah.. coz kids have higher body temp den us. So even at 37.5 oso still considered low grade fever.</font>

Hi mommy,
I have spoken to my maid regards to the new salary after her contract. ASking her to think about it and let me know. Her contract ends end May so if she do not wan to continue, I still have time to find a new one.

I'm offering her 410 with 13th months and somehow she knew that the mkt rate is 450 now. Told her difference are not much and no one increase so much in the market. My friend's new maid only getting 380. If want transfer or come back after she gone back, she will have to pay the agent $$ again which is a few mths.

After her bath, she ask me can have off days. She says her aunt ask her to request. I told her her salary is higher cos of no off day. But if she wan, let me know inadvance so that it can b arrange. She does not know where to go for her off days n say she can meet up wif her aunt who stay in Serangoon which I told her that is v far.

I have checked the hp and don't see any records on calling to local no. MIL says she usually use the HP to call. Wonder that request was by her or aunt.

connie, ilovemaxmax, thx for the heads up. heng i didnt kpkb the in charge. im paranoid becuz previously i also saw her reluctantly allow a kid with GREEN MUCUS into the class. the mummy said he gt sensitive nose. tink i had a total "wtf" look on my face. hahaa! the in charge stole a glance at me, im sure she saw. lol! but green mucus, its very disgusting lei, and obviously sick. hw can lk tt. haiyah.....

connie: my maid also has many aunties in sg. all love to teach each other n exchange tips. in fact, when we get in arguments, sometimes she say to me "i ask my auntie come ah, u tok to her" very very _|_ feeling. ur maid wans 410 with off days? off days actually can b a gd thing cuz my maid very happy everytime aft she returns frm off day. and there wont b trouble for 1-2 wks. lol! if ur maid doesnt knw whr to go, better to hv her at home. convince that she can save $ staying home rather than go out. sekali knw some bad maids or horny bangalas, even worse! @_@" who does she call on her phone? cuz if she has ppl to call locally means she'll hv ppl to meet too ma..

ilovemaxmax: nv conduct lessons? twice i visited, it was naptime. bad timing i knw.. bt i jus happen to walk pass so i went in.. nw im tinking twice cuz i do wan her to learn her abc and 123. she's one of the last in my smh thread to knw her alphabets. lol! lazy mummy nv teach. =p

Jamie,
Class usually conducted around 10am. U might wan to drop by at this timing.

a lot of things happen during off days so quite relunctant to provide off days. Rather let her go class.

JAmie,
Means what? The schedule for CC usually breakfast, play ground, study, lunch (1115am), bath milk n nap by 1pm. Wakeup around 3pm, study , snack, playground, TV at 5pm onwards.

They also cover syllabus based on MOE. Those syllabus is a must. Other than those, CH had a lot of cookery class.

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Connie</font>
From the looks of it, ur maid is keen to renew with u, but she also knows that she can talk terms with u. Increase to $410 is quite a fair bit, but if she's those super clever type, like my maid, she will know that current mkt rate is $450 for fresh maids.

With regards to off days, I agree with <font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>. No doubt u worry what she'll do during her off days, but the helper usually comes back with a better mood and more willing to work for the nxt few wks to come. At least that's wat i see in my maid. Each time she comes back from her off day, her mood is super good and happy.

COme to think of it, they oso v poor thing lah.. if helping u to look after ur kid at nite, they are literally working 24/7. So I'm more inclined to give them off days. They are afterall human beings
happy.gif

But having said that, i know where u are coming from. Like i always worry if my maid will go outside n befriend some Banglas to whoever.

<font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
oops.. haha.. i think u misunderstood me. I meant to say, i've nvr gone at a timing when they are conducting their lessons. they DO conduct lessons. In fact, my boy learnt how to recognise his ABCs and count from 1-20 from school. Everyday, he comes back with a new song. Some of which I have nvr heard before.

So, i'm v satisfied with what the school is teaching him. Only concern I have is that my boy is eating lesser these days. B4 he went to cc, he can eat alot for breakfast. Sometimes 1.5 slices of bread. But after going to cc, he can only eat 0.5 slice. Have already feedback to teachers abt this appetite, but they did mention they monitor. Sometimes my boy will tell them he dun wanna eat. Den they will start to coax him or offer him some other food.

Lunch oso. I told them to give him extra servings coz he can eat alot. But they told me.. they try not to overfeed the child (haha.. which i think i'm doing sometimes at home). Coz shortly after lunch, they will drink their milk and nap time. So they dun wan the child to eat so full and puke the milk after.</font>

Max,
I'm the one who offer 410 to her. But I'm also giving her 13th months which many are not giving.
Yes, she know mkt rate for ExSG is 450. So average, she getting 444.17/mth. Very close to 450 liao. Furthermore, we will buy cloths for her during CNY and Hari Raya, christmas &amp; birthday present etc.

i remember paying her slightly higher last time due to no off days. Yes, she has friends at my area, when she walk the dog at night, she usually go for half hr or so.

How many off days did u provide for ur maid? did she tell u when she go for off or a standard day?

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Connie</font>
From the looks of it, she'll prob agree to continue working with u lah.

Not sure if u were following my 'story', but my maid dun wana renew with me. She still wanna continue working but wanna change employer. All along i tot mayb she dun wanna look after kids. but she told me, she dun mind. Just dun wanna look after 2 kids together. Weird lah.. coz I have nvr left her alone to look after 2 kids, so i dunno what's the difference. But anyway, since she wants to go, i'll let her go.

She got 1 off day a mth. Every mthw when she take pay, she will tell me when she wanna off den i'll see if i can let her off on tat day anot lor.

Apparently the new agency which she will be going to offers her $420 with 2 off days. Maybe that's y she gian lor. Coz she work for me, i'll nvr give her 2 off days, unless she dun mind taking it on a weekday.
happy.gif
</font>

Max,
Mine also not alone with 2 kids. She will go heir wire if I left her with 2 kids. haha.

Yes, she wanted to cont but she also requesting for more in return. My HB wonder is it due to some influence downstairs.

How much are u paying your previous maid? But if no off days only add $20/mth lei. Y u agree weekdays n not weekends? Thought weekends got more pple to take care of bb.

I'm considering to let her opt for classes or off days. I'm thinking of classes will b more benifical to her rather going out to chit chat and shop to waste $$. But I have to bring her to class which I find myself a bit lazy. Any idea any classes in Jurong for them?

connie: like wat u said, classes btw 3-5pm. so i mus pop by that timing. but it was raining around that time today, so i'll c tmr how. =) ur maid is with who at home? tink if u r firm with ur maid abt the salary, she will relent. cuz she nds the job anyway. wat kind of classes r u looking at?

ilovemaxmax: ohhh sorry, i get wat u mean now.. ur boy was in tod class when he learnt abcs and 123? i went to ichiban mmi today and was superbly impressed! hahaa! the environment was great and the principal too. the only drawback is the distance location.. and semi detach so i cant peek inside.. =/

Jamie,
MIL is staying with me now. For the salary, I just let her consider and see what she says later. Now waiting for MOM letter.

Max
I check the doc that was given to me during maid employment. No offday and the mkt rate was $340 + $20 for Ex-Msia without off. So now the market increase by $90 for Ex-M'sia. 26% jump.
Either side termination only need 7 days.

MAID

the jump of salary for maid is really high...

wana ask, if you need to bring ur maid to JB, need to apply visa or anything for her?

Back