A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

Gerrard and Gerrain wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!!!

3633957.jpg

Cg
hey, think have to give cny gathering a miss.
Forgot Ning has school. Mil will be picking her. Don't think she knows the way and it's too rushed for Ning...

Elmo
Angi had smsed me too. Thanks.

Cat
Ok noted :-(

<font color="ff0000">17 FEB, TOMORROW WEDNESDAY at 5PM at my house</font>

1) CG and family
2) Elmo &amp; family
3) Cherisw &amp; family
4) Yf &amp; family
5) YY &amp; family
6) Pebbles &amp; family
7)
8)

mummies
all mia again? hehehe

today's N's first day going for gym class later on school bus. She's so excited abt it. Afterall it's her first trip out wif her sch frens without mummy. Previously, i'll be ard for the sch excursions.

She's looking forward to learning her somersaults &amp; cartwheels but i told her that the teacher would probably do simpler things wif them first to improve their sense of balance etc. She asked me to buy a trampoline for her today cos she says they hv one in the gym sch (she saw from pics posted in sch) hahah

Hi mummies

What losing an hour's sleep really does to your children

"Some scientists claim sleep problems during formative years can cause permanent changes in brain structure. It's even possible that many of the hallmark characteristics of being a teenager - moodiness, depression and binge drinking - are symptoms of chronic sleep deprivation."

And it also says "children who sleep less are fatter than those who sleep more."??

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1252989/What-losing-hours-sleep-really-does-children.html#ixzz0gLezClzi

Yf
I don't sleep a lot le...
I also think it's in the child.
Some kids sleep a lot. Some don't.
I come fr a large family and we have those who sleep like a log, all the way till noon if not for the siren that was coming out fr mum's mouth.
Then there were those who were up early, fresh and bright.
I rmb I went to my aunt's to sleep over.
I was up early and went to look at my aunt doing laundry by the well. She was disturbed by my presence and mentionedvi might fall over, having not seen a well...
It freaked me out and I had to stay really very far away fr it and I was bored to death waiting for my cousins to wake, all three of them.

yfuang
i love to sleep!!! i love my sleep!!!! i wan to have MORE SLEEP!!!!!!

recently managed to train ch to sleep thru (she went to the extent of waking up hourly at night, and im someone who when woken cant get back to bed) but she stillw akes 5am daily..

hey cat...binge drinking!!! didnt you drink a lot as a teenager? i hardly guess i slept more!!!??? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

anyway i think when they are talking about sleep deprivation they are talking those that goes way below the range. eg our kiddoes are supposed to sleep between 10-14 hours daily...so some kids sleep like 9-10...on most days and that is fine...i know of kiddoes who sleep like 6 hours at our kiddoes age

this poor boy around cy's age parents are performers with those chinese wayang troupes...i saw him once sleeping beside his grandfather playing the cymbals/drums/percussions...he was dozing just next to it...then grands said he sleeps very little...coz those shows end late and he will wake then will go supper etc with the adults then take short naps in the morning and on the go again...

Cheri
hehe yah nowadays always forgot to check the thread..

the gym class sounds fun
happy.gif
so did she enjoy herself alot ytd?
trampoline! hahaa yah i ever tot of getting one for cay too!

anyway kate down w stomach flu but shld be getting better le.. now jus diarrhoea
so heart pain when she vomitted.. i mean shes petite enuff

yfuang
children sleep less fatter? hehe tot shld be the other way...
anyway if really true then cay by right shld be obese now ;)

Cat, CY
hahaa i love to sleep too!!! or rather i love to sleep in and nua in bed cos i sleep late ;)

the boy sounds quite poor thing... but he definitely has an interesting childhood

anyway the mention of well always reminds me of the jap horror flick the ring
that show really freaked me out big time

lin
yes, she enjoyed the class lots. first thing when i picked her up from sch, she was gushing to me abt the seatbelt on the school bus; that every child had to buckle up
happy.gif

came home to show me her somersault (she kept falling over sideways); surprised she picked it up so fast &amp; after the first lesson.

oh dear, stomach flu is always the hardest to bear. Hope she recovers fully soon.

Cheri
forward roll? Somersault is jump into air turn turn few rounds?
Lin
iya that time no ring, no one propose to me yet so dunno how horrible it can get!
happy.gif

Cy
hmm... As a teenager I didn't drink. Only sip sip bit bit but that's J2 so was 18...
Hardcore party was after that la... 20s also considered teenager? Wa piang!

Toddlers nap
How many hours must our kids nap?
Kai has dropped his afternoon nap... But he still sleeps at about the same time le... Like I'm getting the short changed??!
However, it's better cos we get to do more things together.
Went library, grocery(and those daiso trolley with kids seats are bad! Kai took few itemsc n threw them into the basket. I only discovered when we got home...), did some maze n colouring, playdough, a bit of VCD time,...
He doesn't seem tired, but I do!

cat
jump into air? aren't those cartwheels? what Ning was doing at ur place that day?

yes, there's so much time wif them when they dun nap. even wif 1 hour blocks for each activity, there's so many hours to fill haha

cg
they go to Sporty Joe's Gym @ Turf City.

Cheri
I always thought somersault is 凌空翻身。
Like jump jump on trampoline and whoosh!
No ah? O rmb Veron corrected me le... :p

Actually, I quite like it when he doesn't nap. But bedtime he can get grouchy... If I'm in toilet n ask him to wait he'll say, nobody talk to me, the whole day nobody talks to me!!

cat
heheh probably the initial somersaults no need to 凌空 lah..i rem clearly that my teacher used the term 'somersaults' then.

Cheri
I rmb at Tumble Tots Ning was taught forward roll and sausage roll.
Veron was a trained gymnast le and she was tr in charge of gymnastics...
I rmb I had to teach the P1 simple gymnastics during PE and in the SoW was forward roll le...

Cheri, Cat
I asked F1 what he did in the gym. He said he jumped and rolled. I asked him to demonstrate, he was basically like a bolster rolling on the floor! Hahaha!

Cat, Cy, Lin
Interestingly, there'll be a "sleep" campaign called The Singapore Sleep Awareness Week 2010 organized by Singapore Sleep Society in celebration of World Sleep Day on 19 March 2010! We should all go "support" it, esp. me, to ask for more sleep and come to work later! Kekeke!

yf
haha bolster rolling on the floor...maybe that was a sausage roll keke

lin
tw always has these funny stuff...buy &amp; try leh then take pics show us how it looks..give A a big surprise! wahahah

Hi
Long time.... Hope all are well.

Would like to ask if anyone is interested in getting this simple child locator device. If so, pls drop me a PM or sms. I'll probably be ordering it tomorrow.

Costs A$29.95 and postage is A$10 for 1 unit. If I order more, then postage is reduced but I dunno how much, just know that it'll be less than A$10.

http://www.smartlocator.com.au/index.htm

zoe
hmm i'm just wondering...when our child knows we've put on such a locating device on them &amp; how it works, would it give them a false sense of complacency that they can now wander off further wif no fear of losing us? then the onus seems to be on us to look for them when they r missing &amp; not them staying close to us no matter how tempting distractions may be.

CG
happy.gif
Yes, I know of the other store selling.

Cheri
It depends on the individual of cos. It's not going to work for every child. In my case, D does not wander far or try to lose me on purpose. He's got a good head on his shoulders... has always understood the rationale of staying close but has in the past gotten distracted by rides and toys and such.

I like to give him (and myself) some freedom (not hold hands all the time, let him explore alone, let me shop properly) but as I'm only human, I do sometimes lose sight of him.... like when a pair of shoes catches my eye ;-p or when he's on a kiddy ride and I'm shopping a few stores away and he decides to get off the ride sooner than usual. He's good most of the time and so far (touch wood) is able to locate me, but when we are travelling or in crowded places, it's a bigger challenge which can be eased with a device such as this. Kwim?

When travelling, there's also the concern that the kid gets nabbed and this will certainly be handy in such situations. D's awfully friendly. ;-p

Cheri
hahaa ok if pretty then i post :p

Zoe
hey long time no see
happy.gif

D is still as sensible... Cay's goal is to lose us on purpose on every single shopping trip!
and hes REALLY REALLY not afraid of getting lost
the device sounds good but i doubt he'll want to wear it if he knows the purpose of it

Lin
Hi!
Don't tell him the real purpose. Make up a story that he'll like, depending on his interests. Tell him when he wears it, he can become invisible in very crowded places. Haha.
I think you need to give him a good scare and that might solve the problem once and for all. Have a friend pretend to be a bad person who kidnaps him, be mean to him and make him cry. The psychological scar this leaves I personally think is a good/big trade-off.

Zoe
hahahaa u're evil! i tot my idea of a gd scare is to leave him 'lost' for a gd 15mins or so (though he seemed unfazed)
yah if one day he really makes us so fed up will consider ur suggestion of staging a kidnap episode
biggrin.gif

Dear Mummies,

After a few years of being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), I've decided to rejoin the economic force.

I've opted to join ERA as a property agent, hence this way I can manage my time better, and also to spend quality time with my two children.

If you have any property related questions and doubts, I'm pleased to assist you to answer them.

Feel free to email me or SMS me

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cg
wahaha honestly, you're the last person I'd ever dreamt of to return to the work force! (Cheri gets my no. 1 vote***ouch!!!***)
no no no, don't get me wrong.... It's just that I've always known you as a super dedicated mummy who will always put the kids 1st, do lots of activities w them, miss them loads....
Plus, you've stayed home since Sha...
Quite surprised by the decision.

All the best!
happy.gif

Cheri
no la, just that I rmb u were working n enjoying it and I know u r ready to go back anytime when N is more independent. It's always been sthg on your card.
On top of that, think u asked me few times if I wld go back etc.
happy.gif

Cat
I know I won't be a SAHM for too long :)
G also encourages me to work, but don't be a workaholic as I used to be.
How about u?

Cg
What a surprise! I also think that you'll be the last person to rejoin the work force! But why? Just curious.

Anyway, I'm currently looking a new place for my family. Hehe. Preferably 4 bedrooms, any recommendation?

Yfuang
Just PM you.
I used to work from home, handling some marketing projects, and that was about more than half a year ago. Mostly on follow-up marketing projects :)

Cg
hb used to think it's good for me to rejoin work force. But after hearing fr many ppl n the fact that ning is sch going age, he feels it's good to be at home for the kids. He said that IRS my choice for as long ad he can afford.
Won't be returning to the work force in the immediate future.
Incidentally, my sis is half SAHM as her son is K2 this yr. She wld love to be SAHM when he is p1 next yr.
I used to think the kids need us most when they are pre schoolers and when they are sch going age they would be in sch most of the time. Now, I feel that sch going kids actually need us more, in their work and also to guide them in making choices, etc

Cat
A few mummies at my estate also become SAHMs when their kids start Pri 1. Need lots of coaching, discipline and guidance. And also to send n fetch the kids to tution centres etc.

Age- the scary monster...

There are many beauty products on the shelves promising instant facelift, tightening of pores, smoothening out wrinkles... And that B thing that fills up the ceases, restoring your youth...
Yet, there is nothing that can truly alter our biological degeneration...
Just last week, I did what I wld normally do and pick up my papers to read after not being able to go back to sleep...
That was a huge, HUGE mistake...
I realised the words were a fuzzy lump... The closer I moved the papers, the fuzzier they got...
When I moved the papers further away from my nose, OMG! Crystal sharp vision!
It was a very hard fact to stomach.
Whatever tinge of sleepiness was completely replaced by panic and forlorn...
I lay awake, in quiet solitude and pondered...

Age... A scary monster.
In the beginning of my life's journey, I could not wait to embrace it more! I wanted to grow up faster, so that I could join my siblings in whatever activities they were allowed, for I dreaded those YOU-ARE-TOO-YOUNGs from my parents each time I asked for their permission to go to the movies with them or to sit at the table with them...
In my teenage years, I wanted to grow up fast enough to hit the age limit to party, take my driving licence... To be cool...
Slowly, as I stepped into adulthood, very selectively, I wished time would stand still...
Then came the kids...
I wished they would/could grow up faster/slower at different phased under different circumstances...
Now, the imperative...

CG
wow really surprising!

so do you have a niche area/location? or housing type?

returning to work
haha i like the money though...

but there isnt much for me to return to. to be frank i hated teaching.i hated marking till 12am daily, hated working from 7am to 5pm then bringing home more work...i hate that all consuming work..

but like cheri i really enjoyed my stint at hq. granted that were days that i worked till 10pm but i can go home and rest and not be bothered with marking then...

so hmmm unless someone can find me a job that does not require me to work till 12am daily...

cy
hmmm yes a stint in HQ works out great for me then. But now to work in HQ? only can end work everyday at 6 pm...nt sure if i still wan that. The saving grace is that u dun hv to think much abt work once u reach home, most of the time.

cg
real estate work usually requires u to meet clients etc during weekday nites or weekends. How will u find time? leave the kids wif helper? Gary is quite busy himself rite?

cat
hmm ur long-sightedness is pretty early. J has no myopia too but only needed his reading glasses last year. Wonder if the fact that i hv myopia &amp; lasik (i was undercorrected for one eye for 50 degrees)will save me from this fate hahah...i rem the surgeon at the talk mentioned that one of the ways they tackle long sightedness is to undercorrect or sthg...maybe he undercorrected for me after he looked at my age when i did the lasik.

Cheri
my eyes... Been subject to much abuse...
Redding on the bus, coach, in the toilet, in bed, bright light, dim light, day light, warm light, cool light...
Sigh...
Now, looking for a spiffy and chic pair if reading glasses...
I used to so want to wear glass... Think I wad sec1/2 then and wanted to fake shortsightedness!!!
I had a pair of tortoise shell frame in JC... For fun la...

Back