2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hi! Yes I saw my beanie and his/her blinking heartbeat already. It's magical. :) on 5 day mc this week due to spotting to have more bedrest.

hi hi dustygritty ....
really miracle feeling, rite !
happy to know tt ur beanie is growing well
meanwhile take care hor ! and rmb to come and visit us

Hi! Yes I saw my beanie and his/her blinking heartbeat already. It's magical. :) on 5 day mc this week due to spotting to have more bedrest.
Wow so exciting!!! Have a good rest dear =)
Seem like tsb very gd still can see when we o. Can give mi the contact? Intend to see her too. But I don wan brew med can or nt? Brew same as double boil?

My af still hasnt arrive. Temp still at 36.84. Dpo15.Tested bfn. Though I saw a faint line first time but om second look it is no line. Haha. My eyes playing a trick on mi. Sigh. nw can pray hard af faster come.
Dont give up yet, still got chance. Fingers crossed for you!

I just started to track my temp for the past 2 mornings but both days showing 36.2-36.3 so sad.. Does it means no chance? Cd 19 now
Oh no.. i just started to track my temp for past two mornings and my temp is also ard there too... :(

yup i am seeing gynae aft i see my new TCM tan siew buoy. cos i wanna ask her when is e best time to do e scan to see my inner body. :)

Hopefully TSB can give you some insights and solutions to your problems, and that u will feel better after knowing everything. WHat's miserable is not the fact that u have a problem, but rather u have no idea if anything is wrong and what is the solution to it.

Just was commenting to HB last night, at the age of 30, IVF offers a much higher success rate than natural. So it doesn't really make sense to be given the advice to try natural ? Just my 2 cents. I am just puzzled as to why we cannot all move straight to do IVF ? It's just like say, making noodles by hand and by machine, the latter enables u to have a greater chance of getting noodles of a standard thickness. So why make it by hand then when it is time consuming , tiring and less likely to be consistent. Hmm. Probably random emo-ness cos of AF.

Actually as it is, now that my natural period has returned now I cant help but wodner... has my fertility returned? If not, when will it return? And what were my chances of conceiving naturally since day 1 when my periods were mad? Honestly...Now I am not keen at all to put in the effort to try if I do not know the answers to all these cos it just means wasting time and energy.

stoney thanks for sharing!!! must learn more from u. i am still in my blur world :( but my temp dipping le, so no chance le lor. i tested postitive O for i think 2.5 days then aft tt all very negative, only 1 line. so i guess mayb i not so bad. cos i know PCOS will always test positive??? have u tried testing opk and get positive daily? TIA i seriously need more advices
Emily,
i tink depends case to case. for mine, i dun get positive all the way. i still able to track O. as only O period the OPK will be positive. after O or before O, it will be negative. If yours can detect tat, i tink its easy for u to track ur O.
Only problem wif PCOS is u dun knw when u will O. So we will need to test longer. I can use more than 10sticks per cycle. in order to catch my O date.

Hahah.. TSB jokingly told me don't test O now using clearblue since I'm not trying yet cos clearblue expensive.. Actually I don't mind .. Heheh.. I know I waste money .. But hands really very itchy.. :D
I'll only see TSB on 1st week of April... Meanwhile taking her medicine on alternate days.. Then she will review again when she sees me. I'll show her my bbt and I'll usually tell her which days I tested positive for LH surge.. Anyway I think by tmr should be empty circle on clearblue liao .. :)
angel mommy, no u are not wasting money. u are learning :) u need to pay in order to learn. I am also ordering more opk strips and see if i can oso order e cb digital opk online or not cos out stores very expensive.

hopeful mum
hope u are feeling better. aiyo one down after another. . . pls take care, the haze on n off and quite bad during e night.

Haha ya ya we kpo ladies can take pic show us. Previously someone shared on Tao bao. But lazy to go and buy and shipped in. If only amazon sells hahah shipping is free. Haven't explore the Tao bao site yet.
i see all e chinese words i wanna faint lei. lol

you can contact her at:

Clinic 1: NTU Chinese Medicine Clinic
60 Nanyang Drive SBS-01s-68
Singapore 637551
Tel: 65921732/ 65921733 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 8.30am to 12.30pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 1.30 to 4.30pm (Tue & Thurs)

Clinic 2: Health & Beauty Pte Ltd, Traditional chinese medicine centre
No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341
Tel: 65344131 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 3pm to 8pm(Mon, wed & fri)

Not sure if the consultation hr remain as I got the contact from mummysg forum. She only prescribe brew type in chinatown. Not too troublesome she prescribe every 2 alternate days medi for me. Only drink one time before sleep. Dun need brew everyday.
very nice of u twinkletot

Hopefully TSB can give you some insights and solutions to your problems, and that u will feel better after knowing everything. WHat's miserable is not the fact that u have a problem, but rather u have no idea if anything is wrong and what is the solution to it.

Just was commenting to HB last night, at the age of 30, IVF offers a much higher success rate than natural. So it doesn't really make sense to be given the advice to try natural ? Just my 2 cents. I am just puzzled as to why we cannot all move straight to do IVF ? It's just like say, making noodles by hand and by machine, the latter enables u to have a greater chance of getting noodles of a standard thickness. So why make it by hand then when it is time consuming , tiring and less likely to be consistent. Hmm. Probably random emo-ness cos of AF.

Actually as it is, now that my natural period has returned now I cant help but wodner... has my fertility returned? If not, when will it return? And what were my chances of conceiving naturally since day 1 when my periods were mad? Honestly...Now I am not keen at all to put in the effort to try if I do not know the answers to all these cos it just means wasting time and energy.
IVF is too expensive. not everyone could afford it. and a lot of stressful and fear procedure to go thru. still i think natural is e best. and if u conceive via natural, i think u will feel more powerful, feel more useful. cos u did that without e help of science. and in laws oso wont look down on you.

Emily,
i tink depends case to case. for mine, i dun get positive all the way. i still able to track O. as only O period the OPK will be positive. after O or before O, it will be negative. If yours can detect tat, i tink its easy for u to track ur O.
Only problem wif PCOS is u dun knw when u will O. So we will need to test longer. I can use more than 10sticks per cycle. in order to catch my O date.
ic ic. i am a bit like yours, but worse than u. i test everyday. somtimes i get positive opk 2x in one cycle. 1 time very wet 1x not so wet. my cycle is about 2mths+ long.

Qin17 nope different. They will teach u how to brew the herbs. First decoction: soak herbs 20 mins with 3 bowls of water and brew to one bowl. Second decoction: use 2&1/2 water brew to one bowl. Mix first and second decoction together. Drink one bowl, next bowl keep in fridge and warm up when consume.

ic ic. i am a bit like yours, but worse than u. i test everyday. somtimes i get positive opk 2x in one cycle. 1 time very wet 1x not so wet. my cycle is about 2mths+ long.
i will start testing fr ard CD14 as i knw my cycle is long. then all the way til test positive. can be CD20 or later. tink got once is CD26. super late. so each time is use more than 10sticks. but then within the period. i only tested positive 1 time. per cycle. mayb i stop after i detect 1st O. so not sure whether will have 2nd O during same cycle or nt.

Seem like tsb very gd still can see when we o. Can give mi the contact? Intend to see her too. But I don wan brew med can or nt? Brew same as double boil?

My af still hasnt arrive. Temp still at 36.84. Dpo15.Tested bfn. Though I saw a faint line first time but om second look it is no line. Haha. My eyes playing a trick on mi. Sigh. nw can pray hard af faster come.
Qin, maybe wait a few more days .. If AF didn't come , test again :)
I see TSB at ntu clinic.. I'll send her clinic details to u later .. Now at a meeting :D

angel mommy, no u are not wasting money. u are learning :) u need to pay in order to learn. I am also ordering more opk strips and see if i can oso order e cb digital opk online or not cos out stores very expensive.
Emily, I ordered my clearblue digital ovulation test kit from Qoo10.. Each pack has 20 sticks.. Cheaper than from stores.. :)

IVF is too expensive. not everyone could afford it. and a lot of stressful and fear procedure to go thru. still i think natural is e best. and if u conceive via natural, i think u will feel more powerful, feel more useful. cos u did that without e help of science. and in laws oso wont look down on you.

yea agree with Emily that IVF is alot more complicated, stressful & expensive. Always the last resort if everything else fails...

i will start testing fr ard CD14 as i knw my cycle is long. then all the way til test positive. can be CD20 or later. tink got once is CD26. super late. so each time is use more than 10sticks. but then within the period. i only tested positive 1 time. per cycle. mayb i stop after i detect 1st O. so not sure whether will have 2nd O during same cycle or nt.
thanks stoney. do enjoy e process ya. any nausea or vomiting?

ladies: I observed something. my tempt rises by about 0.2 degrees around the time I am supposed to have finished O. then sustain like three days and spikes again by another 0.2 degrees three days later. should I count the first spike as just finished O? do u all have the same symptoms?

yar there are pros and cons of IVF lah... they're probably mainly trying to save you the money and the pain of going thru ivf (and it's not 100% success rate! so no guarantees either!) of course, if you really don't want to waste time etc, and are willing to try it, i don't think they can say no. all they can do is advice, but if you really wanna go ahead knowing all these, they probably will let you do so.

As for how in laws and family view tt, is up to your family lah. i know of pple who have family members super duper support them through artificial ways of conception.. and even if there is a problem with them looking down, then dun tell lah! no need to let them know you're going thru ivf if u dun want to tell right? not like it will be written on ur face :)

conceiving naturally would also be a whole different feeling... just like going thru pregnancy instead of just adoption...

IVF isn't 100% successful but at the age of 30... i tihnk the success rate is rather high, much higher than the 10%-20% with natural.

And actually I somehow feel more empowered with medicines, liek with OCPs I can just shut down my system. I can decide when I want to have my "period" and whether or not I want it. It's just so simple as flicking a switch and everything is in my control.

Unfortunately there is no pill that overrides my own natural system and makes me extra fertile. And it seems while shutting down the system is easy, getting the system to boot up and work fine isnt so simple. Now I wish I stopped my OCP before my AD.

Sorry just logged in. Actually u are quite right by right once ur nipples began to feel a bit sore probably ovulated and progesterone has taken over the role. That's why sore and have tender breasts. I also don't know why the smilely so long Liao still there wor. Could be they will capture the trail bits of the surge. Wah like that u keep testing on cb is big investment. Maybe can also post this qns to tsb. Don't know if she will know why. Oh but u see she will tell u when u O right. So it's good u just record and observe for now. When u see her next week can ask when u O. Then maybe we can try to analyse abit after that. Haha

Hopeful mom , this morning my hands itchy again .. Curiosity kills the cat.. I wanted to test until I get a empty circle (negative) on clearblue ovulation test kit.. So I tested this morning.. And jus as I have expected, I got an empty circle on clearblue . So my smiley face happens on CD14 and 15. This morning still having sore nipples and some cramp (I supposed and would like to think it was becos I have ovulated).. And my bbt this morning went down .. So tmr or next few days if I got a spike in my temp, then it is more or less confirmed that I probably have ovulated .. I hope so :D

IVF isn't 100% successful but at the age of 30... i tihnk the success rate is rather high, much higher than the 10%-20% with natural.

And actually I somehow feel more empowered with medicines, liek with OCPs I can just shut down my system. I can decide when I want to have my "period" and whether or not I want it. It's just so simple as flicking a switch and everything is in my control.

Unfortunately there is no pill that overrides my own natural system and makes me extra fertile. And it seems while shutting down the system is easy, getting the system to boot up and work fine isnt so simple. Now I wish I stopped my OCP before my AD.
u mean u took medicine to stop ur AF??? That's really not good for your system. those pills that prevent u from conceiving will actually spoil your fertility and in futrure u wanna get preg, it is really hard.

ladies: I observed something. my tempt rises by about 0.2 degrees around the time I am supposed to have finished O. then sustain like three days and spikes again by another 0.2 degrees three days later. should I count the first spike as just finished O? do u all have the same symptoms?
i think u shld BD if u see such. it's a good chance, or maybe u O late. every mth can be diff de.

Emily, I was on oral contraceptives. With oral contraceptives, if I wanna stop AF cos I wnana go for holiday, I just dont stop my pills lor.

I guess taking the pill is better than living with crazy periods which I did for 8 yrs... and there was no way I was going to be preggie before AD (ROM 1 Yr + before AD).

yup it does take some time after getting off the pill.. which is why docs recommended stopping >6 months before you want to TTC

HAHA..thanks.
hmm. starting not really, but today morning start i feel nausea.
tink today will be tough day for me liao. hahaha....
Too feel nauseous is actually a good sign too:) my gyne told me try not to eat those preservative plums though it can help to alleviate the nausea feeling.. cos preservative plums are high in salts and preservatives. When I was in first trimester, my nauseous feeling is quite serious and I also vomited on and off.. So he suggested that instead of picking up preservative plums or any of that sort, to lick lemon slices .. Healthier and it works too:)

yup it does take some time after getting off the pill.. which is why docs recommended stopping >6 months before you want to TTC
Super envy those who do not get their 1st natural AF after stopping the pill cos BAM!! They got preggie!!!

And one female GP i consulted abt 2+ weeks ago cos I had the intention to induce my AF then told me she got preggy 3 mths after stopping the pill =X

I 2.5 mths after the pill then get my period. Zzzzz

I am hoping for monday to come quickly cos i am seeing a gynae to check if there is any underlying issue that resulted in me having my messy cycles previously for 8 yrs. and can he help to jump start my ovulation (not sure if I already did with this current AF but apaprently the first few AF may be anovulatory periods) system as well as help to shorten my cycles and make them more predictable... with say a 70 day cycle it is harder to pinpoint when i O then if i had a sya, 30 day cycle. Just like finding MH370. If u can narrow down the crash site to a say, 10 km square area, u are gg to have a greater chance of finding it than if u say, search the andaman sea, strait of malacca, south china sea..

wah so much posts. Angelmommy, I think that sounds about right, u have probably O! like TSB say also u O around cd 14, so sometimes one day late also normal. lets hope that ur luteal phase can be longer this cycle. jia you!

wah so much posts. Angelmommy, I think that sounds about right, u have probably O! like TSB say also u O around cd 14, so sometimes one day late also normal. lets hope that ur luteal phase can be longer this cycle. jia you!
Thanks hopeful mum, I'm hoping my luteal phase will be longer too:) I think by the time I see TSB again, my next AF should have ended .. So just nice for her to help me examine my bbt chart again. :)

Super envy those who do not get their 1st natural AF after stopping the pill cos BAM!! They got preggie!!!

And one female GP i consulted abt 2+ weeks ago cos I had the intention to induce my AF then told me she got preggy 3 mths after stopping the pill =X

I 2.5 mths after the pill then get my period. Zzzzz

I am hoping for monday to come quickly cos i am seeing a gynae to check if there is any underlying issue that resulted in me having my messy cycles previously for 8 yrs. and can he help to jump start my ovulation (not sure if I already did with this current AF but apaprently the first few AF may be anovulatory periods) system as well as help to shorten my cycles and make them more predictable... with say a 70 day cycle it is harder to pinpoint when i O then if i had a sya, 30 day cycle. Just like finding MH370. If u can narrow down the crash site to a say, 10 km square area, u are gg to have a greater chance of finding it than if u say, search the andaman sea, strait of malacca, south china sea..

yar but what is the percentage of pple who get preggie immed after stopping the pill? it's a probability problem... and an individual issue.. not everyone's bodies will work the same... these are hormonal balances in the body that don't work like a switch... they are regulated by so many different processes...

yar but what is the percentage of pple who get preggie immed after stopping the pill? it's a probability problem... and an individual issue.. not everyone's bodies will work the same... these are hormonal balances in the body that don't work like a switch... they are regulated by so many different processes...

it seems that there are quite a no. who do, though there are some who are worse than me, like 6 mths after also no period. now i feel the diff betwen taking the pill and not taking the pill. now without the pill , AF isnt particularly comfortable (that familiar and yet not familiar feeling of discomfort and "tightness" at my lower abdomen) and the PMS is crappy... the very sore (.)(.) , slight nausea (nv had that before), the emo-ness. sigh.

Am so looking fwd to next week... next mon see gynae , fri - sunday staycation and couple spa that i won from singaporebrides last yr. ^^

Last edited:
it seems that there are quite a no. who do, though there are some who are worse than me, like 6 mths after also no period. now i feel the diff betwen taking the pill and not taking the pill. now without the pill , AF isnt particularly comfortable (that familiar and yet not familiar feeling of discomfort and "tightness" at my lower abdomen) and the PMS is crappy... the very sore (.)(.) , slight nausea (nv had that before), the emo-ness. sigh.

Am so looking fwd to next week... next mon see gynae , fri - sunday staycation and couple spa that i won from singaporebrides last yr. ^^

Am going for a holiday ... so will be off from u. see u in a week's time! BFP people!!!
Now i wanna put my mind off TTC and enjoy my holiday. and this time i pray that my AF don come. if wanna come then come when i reach sg :)

nice! have a good break okay dear! :)

Quite fast on a weekday.. She's a nice auntie with a motherly feel.. I bought the brew pot at abt $40 on taobao.. Singapore is selling it way too ex..
booy I rem and u gave the Chinese name also. just want to ask did u get the 3L ones or smaller ones. I saw him 3L like very big. don't think we need the thing to be so big right? 3 bowls of water also max like 600ml or 1l?

hi ladies, my af jus ended.. wanna to check with you ladies here is it possible to get EWCM at CD9? is there sign that I might be O soon or already O-ing?

I agree that ivf may seem to give you more control but there's a lot of side effects and pain that comes along with it.. The jabs and injections of so-iui are now making me bloated, nauseous and sleepy.. Not to mention the pain of the jabs, numerous scans and time off to visit the gynae.. And no guarantee that you will have a BB after all these.. Since you just stop your pills, give your body some time to adjust first.. Of else you are just paying $$ to buy the pain unnecessarily.

booy I rem and u gave the Chinese name also. just want to ask did u get the 3L ones or smaller ones. I saw him 3L like very big. don't think we need the thing to be so big right? 3 bowls of water also max like 600ml or 1l?
I need to go home to check.. Cannot remember the name and size now.. Let you know tonight.

Emily,
I have pcos too but I ovulate pretty regularly at CD14 every month..

I need to go home to check.. Cannot remember the name and size now.. Let you know tonight.
Thanks booy. Haha can take a pic? I read further I think 3l is one of the best size. Cox they say boil 3-4bowls of water. Smallest I saw was 2l.

Back