2016/07 July babies

Hi all, i have also tested positive recently. Edd will b early july. This is my #2.

I also experienced spotting when i was abt wk4+ but was given duphaston to stabilise it. Spotting has kind of stopped after taking duphaston and gynae said it should be due to implantation bleeding.

Nausea is also kicking in for me and it really feels terrible when i have to work and try to hide from colleagues as well.

Hope to know more mummies here!

:p Hello to all mummies/to be!

First time mummy to be here.. went for 1st scan last week (4weeks plus n saw a sac).. n oh my.. im down with headaches, giddy, nausea, abit of vomiting sometimes, joint pains, tired all the time n even felt short of breath! Is it common to experience all these together? Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks all. Gynae says could be i exert myself too much coz yest i keep carrying my #1. She had warn me not to carry anything above 5kg. My boy definitely more than 10kg. Anyway gynae had taken sample to test and also we mgt to see n hear the heartbeat.
Going to check again 2weeks later.
This pregnancy really different from my #1.
Take care all! Remember to rest well too.
I also carrying my 2nd gal on n off as she cry and stick to me. I have on n off cramp but will have rest as much as i can to make it feel better.

I feel tight ard waist for my skirts n shorts, gona get maternity wear soon, besides that hunger pangs n fatigue ,keep peeing at night too.Some of us here have morning sickness or giddiness.

Was telling my hubby I won't be able to take the mrt again as I had 2 incidents of blacking out in the mrt. Not sure if it's due to pressure , I managed to walk out of mrt n eventually out of station with grey vision n felt better after I sat down to rest. Both incidents I was standing in the mrt as tummy not v obvious.
I feel my tummy easy to bigger compare to my last 2 pregnancy

First time mummy to be here.. went for 1st scan last week (4weeks plus n saw a sac).. n oh my.. im down with headaches, giddy, nausea, abit of vomiting sometimes, joint pains, tired all the time n even felt short of breath! Is it common to experience all these together? Anyone else experiencing the same?
Yes! I too feel very unwell all day long. Very sickish. And that eat and vomit, eat and vomit. Drinking water is tough for me as I will vomit after. No quality sleep as I the gastric reflux is disturbing my sleep. Oh dear, how all of you going through now? This is so stressful to the body too

It is normal for this symptons and just get more rest and will feel better.

Hi all, i have also tested positive recently. Edd will b early july. This is my #2.

I also experienced spotting when i was abt wk4+ but was given duphaston to stabilise it. Spotting has kind of stopped after taking duphaston and gynae said it should be due to implantation bleeding.

Nausea is also kicking in for me and it really feels terrible when i have to work and try to hide from colleagues as well.

Hope to know more mummies here!
Welcome!

I bought 2 stretchable maternity pants in the past which was quite comfy to wear n last me till delivery ,the 2 maternity top I hardly wear though. If I were to buy normal bottoms in bigger sizes think I Gota buy more as belly gets bigger unless its knitted fabric

I wasn't anemic, it only happened when I take the mrt so I just avoid taking thereafter.... Going for my 1st check up now* crossing fingers
Any updates?

Try to keep yourself hydrated, cowmoomoo.

I don't have nausea or vomiting yet but I feel cold all the time. My breasts are enlarging - it is sore and tender, giving me discomfort. But the worse thing is, my eczema flared up now probably due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. My hands and feet is filled with little small bubbles, super itchy. I can't stop scratching till it hurts and the itch disrupt my sleep at night too.

Last edited:
Hello Verluv, thanks for the support! :) I managed to see my baby today and because of my spotting issue, they did a virginal scanning and to hear the heartbeat as well. Its quite surreal especially is our first time. However, doc say I am experiencing an unstable pregnancy and he has prescribed progesterone and if the bleeding doesn't stop in the next 2 days, I would have to be admitted. TBH, I was rather upset when I heard it. So until now I still havn't inform our parents. Baby is growing at a good and normal size at 6w2d.

Thanks for the love and hope your baby and everyone's babies are doing well.

Hi EugeniaL,

Did gynae give you mc to rest.. please have a good bed rest and will help. I have spoting in week 7 for my no1 and have bed rest for 3 days n not allowed to carry heavy things.

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC.. My last pregnancy was with her and she is v patient and gd.

For the first gynae visit, will scan to see and hear the heartbeat... And gynae will tell u wat to take note n wat u going to expect. Or u can prepare a list of questions to ask..

Hi hyacinth96,

My 1st pregnancy is with dr joycelyn wong, agree she is very caring and patient. But i switch to another gynae for my 2nd pregnancy as she increases charges n no longer having packages.

Went see my gynae just now , 1st thing she commented when my husband n I walked in was, wah y wait until 8 years for a 2nd one. Anyway,for my 1st pregnancy I saw her at 2nd month so heart beat was v obvious, this time round, she pressed really hard to get a good image of my lil one. When the volume was turned on all I could hear was gush of waves, but she kept showing me the heartbeat with the volume off n said" see that's e heartbeat " I assume everything's fine for now, will see her in a month 's time. Don't know if it's due to my insomnia the night before , didn't feel excited after seeing gynae.While waiting outside one lady was giving out friso samples n asking for particulars from the ladies , approached all but me. Perhaps I don't looked preggy to her

I know right.. :( r u working how u cope with work feeling like that?

How mummies cope with work feeling all sick?

Thanks for the info... Maybe will consider her... I also choose the gynae ( Dr Benjamin than) based on online reviews. Hope he's gd, if not might change to the 1 u had.
A few of my friends went to see Dr Tham and he is v nice. After u go to the first consultation and see if u like him or nt.

Hi hyacinth96,

My 1st pregnancy is with dr joycelyn wong, agree she is very caring and patient. But i switch to another gynae for my 2nd pregnancy as she increases charges n no longer having packages.

She increased her price again after i gave birth to my #1. I didnt hv any package too. But i found her gd and dun wan to switch thts y i still go n see her.

Thanks all. Gynae says could be i exert myself too much coz yest i keep carrying my #1. She had warn me not to carry anything above 5kg. My boy definitely more than 10kg. Anyway gynae had taken sample to test and also we mgt to see n hear the heartbeat.
Going to check again 2weeks later.
This pregnancy really different from my #1.
Take care all! Remember to rest well too.

@Rinko I hope you are feeling better now and please get more rest!

Reactions: swu
Hi EugeniaL,

Did gynae give you mc to rest.. please have a good bed rest and will help. I have spoting in week 7 for my no1 and have bed rest for 3 days n not allowed to carry heavy things.
No, I am still going to work. But I have stopped carrying my nephews (aged 7mths and 1mth), so I hope this helps. And I am REALLY trying to walk REALLY slowly. Haha.

Try to keep yourself hydrated, cowmoomoo.

I don't have nausea or vomiting yet but I feel cold all the time. My breasts are enlarging - it is sore and tender, giving me discomfort. But the worse thing is, my eczema flared up now probably due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. My hands and feet is filled with little small bubbles, super itchy. I can't stop scratching till it hurts and the itch disrupt my sleep at night too.
Understand how u felt .. Due to hormonal imbalance .. Had rashes from neck all the way down . Thank goodness non on the face . Try get 'tar' soap from pharmacy ( green colour) to bath in ... It helped with the itchiness .
Or soup free soaps . Kodomo baby bath is one .. My girl ( 18) uses till today . No Eczema flare ups so far .

As for tender breast ... Use a good proper bra with lots of support , those with thicker back and shoulder straps . Those excise bras won't be much help ... Lifting ur'girls' up.
Take care ..

Last edited:
Hi everyone, how r u all feeling today? Everything is fine for me except for backache.. Feel like nua-ing on the bed whole day but too bad coz I'm working.
Have anyone morning sickness come full force le? *touchwood*

Usually doc will do ultrasound scan on 1st visit and bb will be detectable from 6 weeks onwards. If not, by 8 weeks latest. That;s the norm, I think.

For this pregnancy, I have no symptoms. 5.5 weeks already. Hoping it continues to be smooth smooth n no discomfort coz I'm caring for my 11 mth old girl now also. Can be tiring later one...

I have occasional headache/ giddiness.
I'm 49-50kg before pregnancy. Weight still the same but eating less. Tummy is sticking out quite prominently already.
My husband commented that my tummy has grown quite significantly since we detected last week.

I'm feeling fat! I'm now preggie with #2 and my tummy is obviously prominent at just one mth of pregnancy. But my tummy was only showing at 3rd mth when I was preg with my #1. Anyone else feels the same? T_T

Oh yes oh yes my tummy showing too!!!! So sad:( I'm trying to tell myself not to eat soooooooo much!

By the way, Juz checking, anyone still drinking tea?? Oh my, I really crave for tea leh. I used to drink one to two everyday.:(

This is my #3 and my tumtum showing a little already. However this time round the pregnancy is very different. or maybe too early to say lol

Ouh I have added that have requested to join the July Babies 2016 facebook group...for those that wants to be added in drop me a PM! :)

Oh yes oh yes my tummy showing too!!!! So sad:( I'm trying to tell myself not to eat soooooooo much!

By the way, Juz checking, anyone still drinking tea?? Oh my, I really crave for tea leh. I used to drink one to two everyday.:(
Tea no. However during #1 time i must hv 1 cup of coffee everyday. This pregnancy no urge to drink coffee...
But my craving a bit weird thought...lol
Lor mee, tang yuang, can lychee, and now i crave for Ang ku kueh!

Me! I drank 1 cup of Tea-O (Less Sugar) every day... shld be fine as long as less than 200mg of caffeine daily.

My tummy was already bloated with #1. Now with #2, confirm and chop!

I lost bulk of my pre pregnancy weight and only have yet to tone my tummy then before I know it, I got preggy again. I hope I won't have a permanent big tummy from now onwards... o_O

My gyne said the common allowance is 2 cups of tea/coffee a day. The normal coffee shop size.. not the Starbucks kind!

But she said she would like to have some allowance so she told me to take max 1 cup a day... if I'm the kind who needs my kopi or teh.. which I am! I can give up a lot of things.. but coffee/tea... nooooo...

Wow sounds like still have a handful of us a bit bochap.. Ha ha.. I will try to curb my craving for tea la coz heard it's too liang.. Rather not too much on caffeine. Coffee no concern on liang-ness

Back