2016/07 July babies

I'm going to visit a gynae tmr and hopefully can see something in my tummy.. Morning sickness not yet kicked in - touch wood.. But I Juz feel my tummy getting bigger every sec. Really big tummy now! Hopefully no one guess I'm pregnant till 12 weeks is up!:)

Congrats @verluv as for me i am trying to keep this news from my parents and relatives till...ermm....i'm really showing...cos I don't know how to explain the small gap btwn #2 and this one!!

I am trying to get an earlier slot to give me a peace of mind too. Considering seeing a private gynae once first and follow up with public hospital gynae at week 11 as per appointment.

Did your gynae do anything else other than advising on your supplements intake during your first gynae appt? Were you able to do a ultrasound scan?

I went at wk 5.. and was able to do an ultrasound. Could see the sac formed and a small dot.. so doc said that's abt accurate as to what shld be seen at wk 5.

Diff pple tell me diff things.. so maybe depends on gyne. A fren told me only at 2 months then can scan.. before that they will just ask u to pee on the stick to make sure u are preg. Another fren told me when she went abt same 5 wks plus. . Doc did scan but is the kind insert stg into the vagina, so she was quite surprised I could do a normal external scan.

Hi seseme_seed,

Actually, my previous personal trainer told me as soon as tested BFP, cannot exercise already, until the end of the first trimester, as the first trimester is the most unstable period.

That being said, a woman who is currently pregnant is still attending the Fitness First restorative yoga class that I go to on Wed lunch time, so I think it depends on what the gynae advised, I guess.

Ya depends on what gyne advises. I asked mine abt exercising.. she said actually it's ok, cos it's not like the embryo is hanging and will drop. She explained that most miscarriages occur due to internal factors (ie. Embryo not developing well cos of cells from either sperm or egg) and it would take a really major external factor to affect the embryo.

However, she doesn't really encourage it too cos the body is gg thro changes now.. so if go exercise the body needs to adapt more.

That being said.. I really feel much better after my zumba class yesterday. Think as long as u listen to ur body.. once u feel unwell or can't take it then stop.

Yes if your cycle is very accurate n you count 3 weeks from ovulation, meaning it's 5 week preggy, most likely can do ultrasound le. But if u dun drink lotsa water n the scan can't really see, then normally gynae will do vaginal scan. So Juz drink more water when u go scan n hopefully doc will be able to see the beanie!

It's my first pregnancy I had a miscarriage before and now I have depression, I'm scared of losing my baby again.
I'm now 7weeks pregnant.
Going to kkh next week.
I can't eat any rice I'll throw up, only can eat western food but I do eat lots of vitamin and fruits too. I'm hungry like every hour and if I don't eat it's feels like I'm starving.. I feel so sick because of that. And I hardly can sleep because of the hunger that will wake me up. any of you experience this too?
I join this forum because I have no parents in this world to help or guide me and my husband is not good at this pregnancy thing. My due date should be early July..

Reactions: swu
Welcome Sabrina:) don't worry so much as I think many mummies here are feeling hungry pang too. There r many experienced mummies here to guide so feel free to ask as many question as possible.. But of coz gynae should be the most appropriate person to answer all qns la.. Ha ha

Reactions: swu
It's my first pregnancy I had a miscarriage before and now I have depression, I'm scared of losing my baby again.
I'm now 7weeks pregnant.
Going to kkh next week.
I can't eat any rice I'll throw up, only can eat western food but I do eat lots of vitamin and fruits too. I'm hungry like every hour and if I don't eat it's feels like I'm starving.. I feel so sick because of that. And I hardly can sleep because of the hunger that will wake me up. any of you experience this too?
I join this forum because I have no parents in this world to help or guide me and my husband is not good at this pregnancy thing. My due date should be early July..

I can totally understand your feelings, a lot of times I am driving myself nuts as well, am so terrified to attend appointment scans... I am as well in my 7weeks now, had an mc just before this pregnancy. High5 that I can't take rice too! Especially steam white rice, the moment I think of it makes me nausea. Lol. I do take fruits too, because i need fluids as i hardly can take down plain or sweet drinks. but avoid long bananas, pineapple , papaya.
However due to mc history, this time I visit gynae as soon as I tested positive, gynae prescribe me duphaston to stabilize pregnancy.
I know it's hard for people to tell you to relax , but it true. Baby love happy mother :) so let's try to stay positive!!:) I believe you will see a healthy bean at your next week scan!

@SabrinaReacheal try finding the food that don't make you feeling like puking. It was bee hoon for me last time and I had to avoid mushroom.

Or take milk if you really cannot eat. Oranges helped for me too.

The key is to take small bite so that you don't get hungry and get the nausea feeling.

Went to see gynae this afternoon. Beanie is still v small who measured less than 1 cm. Juz went to toilet n realized I have spotting. Sian dunno if the gynae is in tmr so that I can get some utrogen from him.

Hi Ladies,

I just tested positive using clearblue digital preg test. This will be my #2. Dunno is it psychological factor, after performing the test, I feel nausea :p
Hope not like my 1st pregnancy, always feel bloated and no appetite.

Can you add me into the FB secret group?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I did a preg test at home and yet to see gynae as I still looking for one. I feel so bloated and I got constipated which I don't even experience it in the past .. Any recommendation for gynae ?

@elitezjaz: think it stopped today but I still went to my gynae to get utrogestan. Hopefully the spotting can stop for good!

Had a tiring day today as brought my girls out for a full day shopping, indoor playground.. Luckily they sleep once I bring them home! Else going to be another night of coaxing them to sleep

Hi all,

I think i am pregnant!
  • First faint positive from David Pregnancy Test Strip on 13 Nov 15, 9.00pm.
  • Second strong positive from David Pregnancy Test Strip; Third faint positive from Guardian Pregnancy Test Kit on 14 Nov 15, 6.00am using first morning urine
  • Fourth strong positive from Watsons Pregnancy Test Kit on 14 Nov 15, 3.00pm.
I am thinking of getting a Clearblue test kit to double and triple confirm my pregnancy. Just too good to be true until I cannot believe it! :rolleyes:

Hi mummies,
i am tested positive on 11/11. This pregnancy really come unexpected because this will bd my 4th child. My 3 kids are 10, 7 and 4. My hubby actually wants me to abort the baby. I am seeing my gynae next Tues. i wish to keep but committment is very high.

hi carababy,

Please don't abort it away, many women want to conceive a baby also of no luck, since you know the committment is very high,then in the first place should take precaution and don't get yourself pregnant.

@carababy, it's your own body and your own choice and your own life. Whatever decision you make, I'm sure you would have given it serious thoughts so don't be affected by anyone who tell you otherwise.

It's easy for others to make a decision for you when they are not walking in your shoes.

Mummies I've added those that requested to be in the group. Do ask questions and post anything related to baby development and issues.

I was from the Feb 2015 mummies group and it was a really great and active group. We shared so many things with each other. From pictures of baby bumps to late night chats on backaches and whatnot and the best thing is that we are still great friends till today with play dates with our little ones!

I wish all a healthy and smooth pregnancy !

hi carababy,

Please don't abort it away, many women want to conceive a baby also of no luck, since you know the committment is very high,then in the first place should take precaution and don't get yourself pregnant.
Hi carababy

Mine isn't planned too and yes the commitment is really high for another one. However it's ultimately your choice and no one can tell you otherwise.

im sure whatever decision u make it will be the best

Hi all,

I think i am pregnant!
  • Second strong positive from David Pregnancy Test Strip; Third faint positive from Guardian Pregnancy Test Kit on 14 Nov 15, 6.00am using first morning urine
I am thinking of getting a Clearblue test kit to double and triple confirm my pregnancy. Just too good to be true until I cannot believe it! :rolleyes:
Congrats KWL! A healthy and smooth 9 months ahead

Mummies I've added those that requested to be in the group. Do ask questions and post anything related to baby development and issues.

I was from the Feb 2015 mummies group and it was a really great and active group. We shared so many things with each other. From pictures of baby bumps to late night chats on backaches and whatnot and the best thing is that we are still great friends till today with play dates with our little ones!

I wish all a healthy and smooth pregnancy !
I have not added in the group.. can u add me in. Thanks.

many years ago, me too had an abortion because my son already 9 years old,age gap very big. so when my son turn 11, then one night I had a dream that i'm pregnant with twin baby boy, so next day i bought those pregnacy kit to test it to see if my dream are. result turned out to be positive! i was so happy,went to hospital do all sort of test, doc scan my tummy said only can see one tiny dot, i told her to re scan again as i am very sure is a twin cos i had a dream. this doc was quite a nice lady, this time she did a virginal scan for me and found out there it is true that i am having a twin. everything went on smoothly end up i had a miscarriage when i am 11 wk preg. After 6 months, i had those baby dream again, this time round only one little baby boy appeared. just one day before i went to hospital to do a check up to see if i am pregnant, there was a moth in my room, i strongly believed this must be one of the little baby that came to visit me and it seems like telling me that his 'brother'is on his way to find mummy :) now my little angel just turned 1 year old and my big angel already 13. What is meant to be yours will come back look for you. this is fated.
Hi eruyps,

Yes i agree, all is fated.

Hi all,

I think i am pregnant!
Congrats!

Thanks everyone! I just got a strong positive on Clearblue.

Can anyone advise me on what's next? First time strike jackpot.

Except for diligently eating 5mg folic acid on a daily basis, I don't know what else to do now. What food should i eat and what should i avoid?

Just to add-on : I do not have any gynae. Any to recommend from NUH? It is nearest home.

Can help this newbie? Thanks!

Last edited:
hi kwl,
basically you can eat anything. 心理想吃什么就吃什么。sometimes not you want to eat but your bb want to eat.. For me I don't have morning sickness but night sickness, food that I ate, if my bb don't like it, he will make me vomit like hell :)

Hi all,

I just tested today positive twice to double confirm. I'm so excited but worried too because I had miscarriage last year... Really hope this time can be a smooth 1... Anyone have any gd gyne to recommend..

Except for diligently eating 5mg folic acid on a daily basis, I don't know what else to do now. What food should i eat and what should i avoid?

Just to add-on : I do not have any gynae. Any to recommend from NUH? It is nearest home.

Hi KWL,

Based on my #1 exp: Usu gynae will prescribe fish oil, multi vitamins to you. You can start now if you want. TCM way: My prev TCM advise me to double boil a kampung chicken thigh or breast for 2 hrs and then drink its essence. Aka homemade chicken essence. Ate it once a mth for the 1st trimester. This helps to stabilize the pregnancy.

Can eat anything except Cheng Teng, Nourishing tonics eg. Dang gui related stuff like Dian Xiao Er Dang Gui chicken...

Last edited:

Hi KWL,

I will PM (private message) you the list tomorrow.

Reactions: KWL
I am starting to feel bloated? Like I feel like puking but cannot puke kind of sensation?? I have avoided seafood cause of the fishy taste and I fall asleep at 10+ every night. Just watching tv with my hubby and I will just fall asleep. How's everyone feeling?

Tomorrow is my first gynae checkup, feeling rather excited yet worried cos I have been having spotting issues :(

I am starting to feel bloated? Like I feel like puking but cannot puke kind of sensation?? I have avoided seafood cause of the fishy taste and I fall asleep at 10+ every night. Just watching tv with my hubby and I will just fall asleep. How's everyone feeling?

Tomorrow is my first gynae checkup, feeling rather excited yet worried cos I have been having spotting issues :(

Good that u r able to doze off easily, u may want to eat small but more meals.I'm also going for my 1st checkout tomorrow, let's think positive for now, hope everything's alright!

Good that u r able to doze off easily, u may want to eat small but more meals.I'm also going for my 1st checkout tomorrow, let's think positive for now, hope everything's alright!

I don't have appetite at all :(

Heehee my friends have been commenting on why I look so tired recently, so I just told them I have not recovered since I came back from my honeymoon trip. Haha. But ya, I will sleep v v early nowadays even with TV or lights on. I don't use to do that at all.

I'm now 7weeks pregnant.
Going to kkh next week.

Please be strong! Look at positive side, you will see your little one in 10 months.

Back