2016/07 July babies

Thanks all. Gynae says could be i exert myself too much coz yest i keep carrying my #1. She had warn me not to carry anything above 5kg. My boy definitely more than 10kg. Anyway gynae had taken sample to test and also we mgt to see n hear the heartbeat.
Going to check again 2weeks later.
This pregnancy really different from my #1.
Take care all! Remember to rest well too.

I remembered during my pregnancy, I also bleed when I'm 11 weeks visited 3 different gynae, all of them telling me is normal to bleed. end up on the same day after I went home, my stomach cramp badly and went straight to hospital, doc said my baby gone. Rinko, I will Pray for you and your bb.

Reactions: swu
Hi all expectant moms,

This list is given by my previous tcm Ban Choon Chan in Marine Parade, with regards to what to eat and what not to eat during the first trimester.

Fruits that you are not allowed to take now:

- Star Fruit
- Pineapple
- Water Melon
- Mango
- Grass Jelly
- Strawberry
- Coconut Water

Don't take the following drinks now:

Iced lemon tea
Iced milk tea
Iced coffee
Ice cream (take only after 13 weeks)

Best is to take warm water for now

Soups that you are now allowed to take now:

Anything with the following:

- Dang Gui (can only take after giving birth)
- The black herbal chicken soup
- Ba gueh teh (especially those with Chinese herbal)
- Chicken cooked with Chinese herbs (yao cai chicken in Mandarin)
- Emperor Chicken (huang di chicken in Mandarin)
- Soup from halal chicken rice
- Duck Soup
- Fo tiao qiang (I think this is called the Eight Treasures in the Chinese restaurant)
- Pork trotter with vinegar
- Gao li shen (in Mandarin) (Only take after first trimester)
- Birds' nest (only take after first trimester)
- Cordycerps (only take after first trimester)
Any kind of soup with herbs is a no-no for no.

Also, liang cha and almond tea dessert is a no-no.

The following list is given by my gynae:

Foods that you do not take during the first trimester

- Papaya
- The big del monte banana, as too heaty
- Bean curd (?)
- Bean Sprouts (?)
- Black fungus
- Bitter gourd
He joked that the best foods to take during the whole pregnancy for sure (and will not cause any bleeding) is water and plain white rice, haha.

Very grateful to Eruyps, Wimt, Tryingtoconceive2014, Ferrine39! Extremely heartened to receive advice from the more experienced mums. This support group is really helpful!

Hi KWL,

I have PM you the lists of foods to avoid during the current pregnancy.

Please check your inbox.

Reactions: KWL
Thanks,That's a long list of food, for my 1st birth gynae didn't mention what not to eat or perhaps it's due to me not asking, this time I'm more paranoid about food, any idea if Chinese yam ok to be consumed? Insomnia e whole night.... Sians

Can I ask if any of you start to display pregnancy symptoms? And do you find your clothes getting tighter? All my dresses are giving me stress at the waist area!

I feel tight ard waist for my skirts n shorts, gona get maternity wear soon, besides that hunger pangs n fatigue ,keep peeing at night too.Some of us here have morning sickness or giddiness.

Was telling my hubby I won't be able to take the mrt again as I had 2 incidents of blacking out in the mrt. Not sure if it's due to pressure , I managed to walk out of mrt n eventually out of station with grey vision n felt better after I sat down to rest. Both incidents I was standing in the mrt as tummy not v obvious.

For my first one, i had a v smooth preggy journey.. No morning sickness and only show the tummy like 5 mths.. My colleagues i was preggy and it was alr 6 mths..

I didnt buy any maternity clothes for last rd.. Just got a bigger size to wear

I feel tight ard waist for my skirts n shorts, gona get maternity wear soon, besides that hunger pangs n fatigue ,keep peeing at night too.Some of us here have morning sickness or giddiness.

Was telling my hubby I won't be able to take the mrt again as I had 2 incidents of blacking out in the mrt. Not sure if it's due to pressure , I managed to walk out of mrt n eventually out of station with grey vision n felt better after I sat down to rest. Both incidents I was standing in the mrt as tummy not v obvious.

Could you be anemic, maybe that made you almost black out.

For my first one, i had a v smooth preggy journey.. No morning sickness and only show the tummy like 5 mths.. My colleagues i was preggy and it was alr 6 mths..

I didnt buy any maternity clothes for last rd.. Just got a bigger size to wear
Same here. #1 was a smooth pregnancy. No morning sickness...no cravings, nothing. Except for swollen feets near due and emergency csec.

This time round,feeling nauseous, backache, dizziness,craving for lor mee/mee soto/tang yuan/ chocolates muffins and now bleeding...

So many no nos for food? I didn't know that. Besides raw foos/soft cheese and alcohol, I took almost everything, even iced drinks throughout my first pregnancy.

The only thing that had an effect on my was mutton, I had pimples on my back after my MIL kept making me eat it saying it's good for pregnancy but everyone told me it isn't. :/

^5 Hyacinth & Rinko! My #1 was a smooth pregnancy too! No cravings, No morning sickness, No tiredness nothing at all.

But this time I feel hungry all the time, a little nauseous and very tired at work. And this is only my 3rd week of preggie, gonna call and make a date with gynae later!

I bought 2 stretchable maternity pants in the past which was quite comfy to wear n last me till delivery ,the 2 maternity top I hardly wear though. If I were to buy normal bottoms in bigger sizes think I Gota buy more as belly gets bigger unless its knitted fabric

I wasn't anemic, it only happened when I take the mrt so I just avoid taking thereafter.... Going for my 1st check up now* crossing fingers

I wore some of my short skirts below my tummy during pregnancy and can continue to wear them after also.

The thing is at 1 point, my butt got so big and it shrank back after 9 months or so. Now, I am hoping it'll shrink back after my 2nd pregnancy. :p

@EugeniaL : update us on your 1st gynae visit. I believe gynae should prescribe u some med to support pregnancy since u have spotting. But all should be fine, dun worry too much.

For me, I was also buying bigger size and din buy much maternity wear.. He he.. But last pregnancy i din put on much weight coz I was eating normally.

But for this one, it seems like I'm eating more and even though I'm only 5 weeks, my tummy seems like 3 mths!!

I just booked my gynae appt.. 3 wks later.. Her appt is full!

Till now i still feel normal.. But get hungry n tired easily..

For first one i only avoid raw food n eat normal.. Everything just in moderation shd b fine!

Mummies I've added those that requested to be in the group. Do ask questions and post anything related to baby development and issues.

I was from the Feb 2015 mummies group and it was a really great and active group. We shared so many things with each other. From pictures of baby bumps to late night chats on backaches and whatnot and the best thing is that we are still great friends till today with play dates with our little ones!

I wish all a healthy and smooth pregnancy !

Mummies I've added those that requested to be in the group. Do ask questions and post anything related to baby development and issues.

I was from the Feb 2015 mummies group and it was a really great and active group. We shared so many things with each other. From pictures of baby bumps to late night chats on backaches and whatnot and the best thing is that we are still great friends till today with play dates with our little ones!

I wish all a healthy and smooth pregnancy !

Can add me as well - [email protected] thanks!

For me, I have slight giddiness, and feeling a little fatigue at work (maybe cos meeting materials too boring). My clothes are getting a little tight but still can wear. Other than that, so far still bearable. Maybe is still too early.

My first gynae appointment is in 9th week. Is that okay?

My husband cannot wait to see baby. Do u think the scan at that time will show anything?

For me, I have slight giddiness, and feeling a little fatigue at work (maybe cos meeting materials too boring). My clothes are getting a little tight but still can wear. Other than that, so far still bearable. Maybe is still too early.

My first gynae appointment is in 9th week. Is that okay?

My husband cannot wait to see baby. Do u think the scan at that time will show anything?

Of course, actually at 6 weeks you should be able to see the sac and hear the heartbeat so I suppose at 9th week it'd be alot more.

Last edited:
@EugeniaL : update us on your 1st gynae visit. I believe gynae should prescribe u some med to support pregnancy since u have spotting. But all should be fine, dun worry too much.
Hello Verluv, thanks for the support! :) I managed to see my baby today and because of my spotting issue, they did a virginal scanning and to hear the heartbeat as well. Its quite surreal especially is our first time. However, doc say I am experiencing an unstable pregnancy and he has prescribed progesterone and if the bleeding doesn't stop in the next 2 days, I would have to be admitted. TBH, I was rather upset when I heard it. So until now I still havn't inform our parents. Baby is growing at a good and normal size at 6w2d.

Thanks for the love and hope your baby and everyone's babies are doing well.

Hello Verluv, thanks for the support! :) I managed to see my baby today and because of my spotting issue, they did a virginal scanning and to hear the heartbeat as well. Its quite surreal especially is our first time. However, doc say I am experiencing an unstable pregnancy and he has prescribed progesterone and if the bleeding doesn't stop in the next 2 days, I would have to be admitted. TBH, I was rather upset when I heard it. So until now I still havn't inform our parents. Baby is growing at a good and normal size at 6w2d.

Thanks for the love and hope your baby and everyone's babies are doing well.

oh dear, i hope you're hanging in there! I'm also spotting and have been placed on duphaston pills and bi weekly jabs...did your doc say where did the bleed come from?

oh dear, i hope you're hanging in there! I'm also spotting and have been placed on duphaston pills and bi weekly jabs...did your doc say where did the bleed come from?

Nope. The gynae didn't say. I am placed on the pills as well but no jabs first. So they will see if I need to be hospitalized and be put on jabs in 2 days time. I am hoping today goes by smoothly with no spotting.

Last year when I pregnant I also got spotting. Ask gynae, he say it's common and never do anything. In the end, my baby heart beat stop at wk 8 and tell me dun know wats the reason... Not going to see him again this time round.
Now I'm on wk 5, so worried & scare... I had booked appt next wed, hope everything will be fine... Can share which gynae u all go? I hope I can find a gd gynae this time...

Last edited:
Last year when I pregnant I also got spotting. Ask gynae, he say it's common and never do anything. In the end, my baby heart beat stop at wk and tell me dun know wats the reason... Not going to see him again this time round.
Now I'm on wk 5, so worried & scare... I had booked appt next wed, hope everything will be fine... Can share which gynae u all go? I hope I can find a gd gynae this time...
I am visiting Dr. Chen Lin Han who has clinics in Chongpang and Mt A. He is v nice and reassuring and patient. Its on my friend's recommendations.

Last year when I pregnant I also got spotting. Ask gynae, he say it's common and never do anything. In the end, my baby heart beat stop at wk and tell me dun know wats the reason... Not going to see him again this time round.

I've not found a gynae yet since I conceived via IUI...I'm still seeing the doc who helped me with the procedure at NUH.

I am going for my first gynae appointment this thur, a little worried now since it is my first pregnancy and don't know what to expect. Hopefully it goes well.

I choose the gynae based on online reviews too. Hopefully he is good.

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC.. My last pregnancy was with her and she is v patient and gd.

For the first gynae visit, will scan to see and hear the heartbeat... And gynae will tell u wat to take note n wat u going to expect. Or u can prepare a list of questions to ask..

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC.. My last pregnancy was with her and she is v patient and gd.

For the first gynae visit, will scan to see and hear the heartbeat... And gynae will tell u wat to take note n wat u going to expect. Or u can prepare a list of questions to ask..

Ic, I am probably going to prepare a list of questions to ask the gynae.

Do you know if they can do a ultrasound scan at end of week 6 or would they usually do a vaginal scan that early in the pregnancy?

Ic, I am probably going to prepare a list of questions to ask the gynae.

Do you know if they can do a ultrasound scan at end of week 6 or would they usually do a vaginal scan that early in the pregnancy?
My gynae did ultrasound scan for me and told me baby is growing well. But cos I have spotting issue, then we also do a vaginal scan just to make sure that we can hear the baby's heartbeat. I am at 6w2d now.

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC.. My last pregnancy was with her and she is v patiene and gd.

Thanks for the info... Maybe will consider her... I also choose the gynae ( Dr Benjamin than) based on online reviews. Hope he's gd, if not might change to the 1 u had.

My gynae did ultrasound scan for me and told me baby is growing well. But cos I have spotting issue, then we also do a vaginal scan just to make sure that we can hear the baby's heartbeat. I am at 6w2d now.

Ic. Okay, thanks for the info.

I have just made an appointment with Dr Loke Kah Leong next Saturday. My #1 was with Dr Wee Horng Yen, decided to go somewhere nearer to my house this time round.

My #1 was an E c-sect cause of leaking of waterbag. Wonder if I can go for natural birth this time round. Hmmm …

Actually I think it's quite common to have spotting. I have spotting for both my girls. I had both med n jab and seriously I feel the jab is really very painful.

For this one, I had spotting for a day but I'm still on the med. normally if spotting prolong, then gynae will give a jab.

I'm seeing my gynae on the 7th week. On week 5 it's Juz a small dot.. No heartbeat yet. So hopefully can hear heartbeat on my next visit.

Back