2016/07 July babies

Hi all!

I just tested and got a really faint line. Will continue to wait out for the next 1-2 weeks before I try another test though I feel like I am preggy...nausea and all...This will be my #3....#1 is 10 yrs old, #2 is 8 months and I'm still breastfeeding my #2.

Btw congrats all!

Hi monsterbaby84,

Wow, such a big age gap between the first and the second !!!!!!!!!! :p

@elitezjas Thanks babe ! I download the app and try it now. Anw you praying for babygirl or boy ? I just booked an appointment with the gynae on next Monday. And it would be my 6th week. Hoping to hear the heartbeat of my baby. Omg so excited !

Last edited:
Anybody tried praying 'zhu sheng niang niang' for baby ? I read on some forum need to take the red egg and eat with hub on the bed. I did it and not long I found out I was preggy.

Hi All

I had tested once on friday to have very faint line hence i tested it today and confirmed i am pregnant. This is my no 3. I started to feel giddy and bloated since yesterday.. look like my morning sickness going to start soon which will be the same as my 1st 2 pregnancy.

Hi @apple_gal congrats to your #3 ! Have a healthy bb takecare of your health !

Remember to take folic acid every morning! Oh by the way have u all have any craving yet? I haven had any craving la but took Mac last night for supper! Oopss so guilty!
I didn't know anything about frolic acid till I saw the forum. Hubby brought me to buy first thing in the morning already. No craving but heightened sense of smell towards seafood is noted. Hmm but I have no gynae at all and since its our first child, we will have to look around. I took the test again and in less than 10s it showed a positive sign. So I think we really should be visiting the gynae asap.

@Silly monkey and first-time mummies looking for cheaper alternatives,

Apart from KKH, you can check out gynaes at your neighbourhood. The pros is they are near you place and anytime you need to check out any suspected anomalies, you can get an appointment soon or walk-in, and you do not have to travel far. Secondly, they are more inexpensive as compared to those whose offices are at a medical centre or hospital, e.g novena medical centre or TMC.

I stay in Tampines and there are 2 popular gynaes there. Mine was Dr Loke Kah Leong from Singapore Women's Clinic. He's very pro and experienced! Delivered both my kids. The nurses are very kind. Usually need to wait, but if you stay in the east or near Tampines, then don' have to travel far.
Hi Lisa!

My #2 (8 months now) was also taken care by Dr Loke. I'll be going back to him too!

Silly monkey: oh I think 40 eggs is not too many. I always heard they return 100 eggs de..

3p1m : I'm only taking one tablet.. Think it's 5 mg..

Oh oh the nausea is setting in slowly. Today was a bit more worse than yesterday.

I've set up a July Babies 2016 group in Facebook (SECRET GROUP)....message me your email address if you wanna join in!

Last edited:
I'm having slight cramp on and off.. Stomach also bloated..juZ look fat! Appetite has been better and eating more
Anyway I couldn't take it anymore and made an appointment to see the gynae. Really wanted the gynae to do a scan n give me a peace of mind

With my first, I was also bloated. But with this one, dunno whether is fat tummy or bloated essential. Hahaha...

But feel nausea and it's pretty early this time.

Hi

I've decided with Dr Adelina Wong. Anyone has an experience with her? I didn't go back to my first gynae cos her hours are not suitable for us.

Anyone knows if Dr Adelina Wong delivers at Mount E Novena?

I am feeling bloated most of the time too; burping and farting frequently. Don't have nausea yet *touched wood*

I am just 6 weeks now, EDD early July based on online calculator.

I got a gynae appointment with the public hospital in week 11. Is it too late for first visit then?

I bought folic acid, prenatal multivitamins and fish oil a few days after I got a positive hcg blood results and started consuming it before getting any gynae or GP consult.

I am feeling bloated most of the time too; burping and farting frequently. Don't have nausea yet *touched wood*

I got a gynae appointment with the public hospital in week 11. Is it too late for first visit then?

I feel it's late for 1st visit considering there might be some test to be done if u opt for it n the gynae may need to prepare u ? Maybe e others can advise as my last birth was several years back can't rmb the details , meanwhile good that u bought urself supplements to eat

Hi Jehvy, then we are abt the same time! I'm also 6 wks now and EDD early July.

I had my first gyne appt last week. I think wk 11 is ok, at least scan alr got stg to see. But of cos if you could get an earlier slot better la, gives u peace of mind too.

Any one else still exercising? Before conceiving I've been gg for intense zumba classes like 2-3 times a wk. In fact the first few wks of my pregnancy I was still doing it (cos didn't know).

After finding out I'm preg, I stopped for abt 2 wks until I'd seen my doc. Today after my class I actually felt less bloated and uncomfortable.. but of course a teeny part of my still worry whether I shld be exercising now..

It's ok to do Zumba as long as you don't risk falling. And must keep yourself hydrated.

All these being you are not a high risk mother.

Last edited:
Hi, how everyone coping with any morning sickness?
Do your experience that maybe some time in a day can feel really unwell, but some time feeling very normal? Is it normal?

I feel it's late for 1st visit considering there might be some test to be done if u opt for it n the gynae may need to prepare u ? Maybe e others can advise as my last birth was several years back can't rmb the details , meanwhile good that u bought urself supplements to eat
Hi Jehvy, then we are abt the same time! I'm also 6 wks now and EDD early July.

I had my first gyne appt last week. I think wk 11 is ok, at least scan alr got stg to see. But of cos if you could get an earlier slot better la, gives u peace of mind too.

I am trying to get an earlier slot to give me a peace of mind too. Considering seeing a private gynae once first and follow up with public hospital gynae at week 11 as per appointment.

Did your gynae do anything else other than advising on your supplements intake during your first gynae appt? Were you able to do a ultrasound scan?

I am trying to get an earlier slot to give me a peace of mind too. Considering seeing a private gynae once first and follow up with public hospital gynae at week 11 as per appointment.

Did your gynae do anything else other than advising on your supplements intake during your first gynae appt? Were you able to do a ultrasound scan?

Yes, I had my first ultrasound at 6w to see baby heartbeat and ensure its not ectopic. Gynae can also see if there is any "weird" things going on in the womb. Like at the appointment my gynae do also mention that she saw blood around or in womb (I don't quite rmbr) says maybe due to implantation that time. Ask me to continue take D tablet should be alright.

My EDD according to GP will be around 12 Jul 2015 and I have arranged for a gynae appointment next Tues. Just started on multivitamins in addition to folic acid today. I think I will go back to my spinning classes once my spotting stops. I have spotting for a week and GP advised to inform the gynae for a more detailed check :x

I remember 1st gynae visit I did ultra sound scan can hear heartbeat , get edd e gynae will explain what I see on screen etc prescribed supplements , basically that's about it

Any one else still exercising? Before conceiving I've been gg for intense zumba classes like 2-3 times a wk. In fact the first few wks of my pregnancy I was still doing it (cos didn't know).

After finding out I'm preg, I stopped for abt 2 wks until I'd seen my doc. Today after my class I actually felt less bloated and uncomfortable.. but of course a teeny part of my still worry whether I shld be exercising now..

Hi seseme_seed,

Actually, my previous personal trainer told me as soon as tested BFP, cannot exercise already, until the end of the first trimester, as the first trimester is the most unstable period.

That being said, a woman who is currently pregnant is still attending the Fitness First restorative yoga class that I go to on Wed lunch time, so I think it depends on what the gynae advised, I guess.

My EDD according to GP will be around 12 Jul 2015 and I have arranged for a gynae appointment next Tues. Just started on multivitamins in addition to folic acid today. I think I will go back to my spinning classes once my spotting stops. I have spotting for a week and GP advised to inform the gynae for a more detailed check :x

Hi EugeniaL,

As for your spinning class, do not think that you should go especially if you have spotting issues now.

Actually, my previous personal trainer told me as soon as tested BFP, cannot exercise already, until the end of the first trimester, as the first trimester is the most unstable period.

That being said, a woman who is currently pregnant is still attending the Fitness First restorative yoga class that I go to on Wed lunch time, so I think it depends on what the gynae advised, I guess.

Hi EugeniaL,

As for your spinning class, do not think that you should go especially if you have spotting issues now.

Ok! I will not go. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm going to visit a gynae tmr and hopefully can see something in my tummy.. Morning sickness not yet kicked in - touch wood.. But I Juz feel my tummy getting bigger every sec. Really big tummy now! Hopefully no one guess I'm pregnant till 12 weeks is up!:)

Back