2016/07 July babies

I hardly can swallow, let alone enjoy my food. I start the day with lemon and ginger in warm water and sip that throughout the day. For those who are experiencing queasiness, this beverage can help a little.

Hello, I got positive after tested by the prenangcy kit. When to see GP to confirm, yes, doctor said is positive. Only manage to get gynae appointment on 30th.
Well, this few days got quite some white discharge during day time. Is it normal? Anyone experience the same?

Last edited:
I used to drink two cups of coffee. after I knew I was pregnant, I only drank two cups and replace with milk and soyabean milk. Eating real little but tummy showing. It is my first and aren't it supposed to only start to show in week12?

My discharge has been the thick kind ever since conceive, I think my tummy shows too but since its second pregnancy I don't expect to hide as well as the 1st , or it may be psychological for some to feel it's bigger. I've been stopping my favorite bubble tea ever since , no cravings for certain food yet. I dont like to swallow pills so I have prob with my calcium pill which is bigger,feel like puking when I tried to eat that

I used to drink two cups of coffee. after I knew I was pregnant, I only drank two cups and replace with milk and soyabean milk. Eating real little but tummy showing. It is my first and aren't it supposed to only start to show in week12?

This is also my first... but my tummy is also growing fast! Aargh!

I'm abt 7 wks now. But I can't differentiate if it's my fats or my baby bump.. cos my appetite has been damn good.. I've been eating more than usual and I can get very very irritable when I'm hungry. Jialat...

I'm abt 7 wks now. But I can't differentiate if it's my fats or my baby bump.. cos my appetite has been damn good.. I've been eating more than usual and I can get very very irritable when I'm hungry. Jialat...

Mine is growing at such a rate that i need to think if i should wear my bottoms above or below waist line.
Above = can hide
Below = I will be comfortable

I have also started a series of shopping spree for maternity clothes hahahahaha....

Mine is growing at such a rate that i need to think if i should wear my bottoms above or below waist line.
Above = can hide
Below = I will be comfortable

I have also started a series of shopping spree for maternity clothes hahahahaha....

Same! Pants too tight alr.. so I alr started buying maternity shorts, leggings and pants from qoo10. Wearing one of the leggings now w a baggy top..

Wow sounds like still have a handful of us a bit bochap.. Ha ha.. I will try to curb my craving for tea la coz heard it's too liang.. Rather not too much on caffeine. Coffee no concern on liang-ness

Maybe we are not so kan cheong because it is not our first pregnancy?

anyway, I believe in "Everything in Moderation." Had cold drinks and all during my 1st pregnancy and it was ok too.

Ha ha yes it's true.. Maybe not our first so not so Kan cheong. But i still looking forward to my gynae visit! Have anyone start spreading the good news already? I haven Tell my boss yet.. Maybe will inform him after my 7 weeks scan.

I told a few close friends and immediate family members.

But I think they're more superstitious than me, still keeping mum and think it's better that I don't voice it out. Didn't ask much about my pregnancy yet also. Maybe it's coz I haven't gone for the 1st scan which is on 3rd Dec.

Hello all mummies-to-be, I started this thread 2+ weeks back when I had first tested positive at 4 weeks.
I've been quite quiet recently cos it's been a real rollercoaster ride. After a blood test result revealed my HCG level to be 121 at 4 weeks 5 days (5 Nov), all was fine for about a week. However, at 5W3D (10 Nov), I started experiencing heavy spotting and went to the O&G clinic at KK to get checked out. Long story short, they did blood tests for me 2 days apart and found my HCG level to be rising but very,very slowly (185 to 263 in 2 days).

Anyway I've since switched to private gynae due to the long waiting times at KK and had another blood test done on Monday 15 Nov (6W2D) and HCG level was only 429. All in all, not good and everything is pointing towards a non-viable pregnancy. Doc did advise i would likely miscarriage and to come back in a week. Either that or it could be an ectopic pregnancy although U/S couldn't pinpoint anything.

Have been bleeding this past week still.. And been experiencing bad abdominal cramps since last night. Anyway am seeing gynae again now, prepared for the worst..

Been so distracted at work and so worried and listless as well.

I do hope every mum-to-be here has a safe and healthy pregnancy. And thanks for sharing your stories, I am living vicariously through all of you.

@JJade @verluv @Ferrine39 @Jehvy
Thanks ladies for your kind words and encouragement.. Thought I'll give an update-I've seen the gynae and my HCG level has indeed dropped to 239 today at 6W6D. The abdominal cramps and bleeding I'm experiencing is from the spontaneous miscarriage and ultrasound reveals there's no bleeding around the ovaries/tubes (thus ruling out ectopic pregnancy).

I'm home now and given a week of hospitalization leave to rest, as well as antibiotics to prevent infection and painkillers to cope with the pain.

Thanks once again everyone for your support.. it's our 1st pregnancy which unfortunately did not work out, but anyway doc says can try again in 3 mths or so after recovering and when menses have regulated. Also recommend for me to take multivitamins and continue with folic acid. I will also take tonics to build up my body again.

Wishing mummies here all the very best and keep positive always.

Thanks ladies for your kind words and encouragement.. Thought I'll give an update-I've seen the gynae and my HCG level has indeed dropped to 239 today at 6W6D. The abdominal cramps and bleeding I'm experiencing is from the spontaneous miscarriage and ultrasound reveals there's no bleeding around the ovaries/tubes (thus ruling out ectopic pregnancy).

I'm home now and given a week of hospitalization leave to rest, as well as antibiotics to prevent infection and painkillers to cope with the pain.

Thanks once again everyone for your support.. it's our 1st pregnancy which unfortunately did not work out, but anyway doc says can try again in 3 mths or so after recovering and when menses have regulated. Also recommend for me to take multivitamins and continue with folic acid. I will also take tonics to build up my body again.

Pray for miracle, swu!

I met a car accident today. The car behind just banged hard onto my car and resulted in a chain collision.
I am hoping that everything remains fine. Right now, i feel okay and did not sustain any visible injuries.
Very paranoid and keep checking my panties in case there is any spotting or bleeding. *keeping fingers crossed*

Pray for miracle, swu!

I met a car accident today. The car behind just banged hard onto my car and resulted in a chain collision.
I am hoping that everything remains fine. Right now, i feel okay and did not sustain any visible injuries.
Very paranoid and keep checking my panties in case there is any spotting or bleeding. *keeping fingers crossed*

Oh dear... Sorry to hear this @KWL.. You must be very shaken. Hope you and baby are fine. Do look out for whiplash or if you feel any discomfort, pls visit the doctor right away. Take care and thanks for your note too.

@swu sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine what you're gg through right now, but do stay strong.

I heard from some friends who told me abt their friends having miscarriage, but got pregnant again within a couple of months.

And yes keeping your body healthy and strong in the meantime is impt. *hugs*

@swu I'm sorry to hear this and I hope that your rainbow baby will come soon. In the meantime, have plenty of rest...take care!

Hello all mummies-to-be, I started this thread 2+ weeks back when I had first tested positive at 4 weeks.
I've been quite quiet recently cos it's been a real rollercoaster ride. After a blood test result revealed my HCG level to be 121 at 4 weeks 5 days (5 Nov), all was fine for about a week. However, at 5W3D (10 Nov), I started experiencing heavy spotting and went to the O&G clinic at KK to get checked out. Long story short, they did blood tests for me 2 days apart and found my HCG level to be rising but very,very slowly (185 to 263 in 2 days).

Anyway I've since switched to private gynae due to the long waiting times at KK and had another blood test done on Monday 15 Nov (6W2D) and HCG level was only 429. All in all, not good and everything is pointing towards a non-viable pregnancy. Doc did advise i would likely miscarriage and to come back in a week. Either that or it could be an ectopic pregnancy although U/S couldn't pinpoint anything.

Have been bleeding this past week still.. And been experiencing bad abdominal cramps since last night. Anyway am seeing gynae again now, prepared for the worst..

I do hope every mum-to-be here has a safe and healthy pregnancy. And thanks for sharing your stories, I am living vicariously through all of you.

I know how it feels. I went through similar experience in my previous pregnancy. Trust me, it really took much courage and strength for mummy to get over it.
My prayer are with u. Hope everything will become better.
Take time off from work to get ample rest for yourself and 1 mth confinement to build your body back.

I'm very worry for my current pregnancy as well.. just got to take it easy and stay positive. JIAYOU BABE!

@swu I also heard that it's pretty easy to get preg after a miscarriage so long u keep yourself healthy. Dun think so much n take good care of yourself. Look at the brighter side!

Hi swu,

Sorry to know that your pregnancy did not work out. Do remember to tiao your body first; perhaps wait for 3 to 6 months before trying again for a baby.

Wish you will get your rainbow baby soon.

Think what you got is called chemical pregnancy. I got that some time back, in April 2013 too.

Hello Verluv, thanks for the support! :) I managed to see my baby today and because of my spotting issue, they did a virginal scanning and to hear the heartbeat as well. Its quite surreal especially is our first time. However, doc say I am experiencing an unstable pregnancy and he has prescribed progesterone and if the bleeding doesn't stop in the next 2 days, I would have to be admitted. TBH, I was rather upset when I heard it. So until now I still havn't inform our parents. Baby is growing at a good and normal size at 6w2d.

Thanks for the love and hope your baby and everyone's babies are doing well.

Hi EugeniaL,

How is your bleeding? Hope it has already stopped and you do not need to be warded in the hospital!!!!!!!

@swu you must jiayou...!

I am first time mum here, had a hard time conceiving after 3 yrs of marriage. My age is catching up, consider very late for age. Am quite excited and worried at the same time. *keep finger crossed* Hope everything is fine.

@swu look at the bright side and still strong.

Oh oh the nausea is setting in slowly. Today was a bit more worse than yesterday.

I've set up a July Babies 2016 group in Facebook (SECRET GROUP)....message me your email address if you wanna join in!

can add me too?
[email protected]

this is my #1, week 7 now but haven't seen a gynae yet.

is anyone seeing Dr Tho from London Women Clinic or Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC? or have any reviews?

Oh oh the nausea is setting in slowly. Today was a bit more worse than yesterday.

I've set up a July Babies 2016 group in Facebook (SECRET GROUP)....message me your email address if you wanna join in!

Hi @monsterbaby84, mind adding me too?
[email protected]

I am at wk5 according to calculator, this in my #1, feeling excited and lost. Haven't even break the new to my hubby.... hope to find some moral support and exchange of experience.

[QUOTE
this is my #1, week 7 now but haven't seen a gynae yet.

is anyone seeing Dr Tho from London Women Clinic or Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC? or have any reviews?[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing dr Lawrence Ang at his sembawang clinic.

Eat you must .. Ur choice of foods' important . Proper foods and healthy snacks , less junks .
5 small meals on regular interval is better than 3 full meals . I know it's irritating to keep going to the toilet but you must drink enough .
Enjoy ur food and pregancy .. Everything in moderation , take care

@swu you must jiayou...!

I am first time mum here, had a hard time conceiving after 3 yrs of marriage. My age is catching up, consider very late for age. Am quite excited and worried at the same time. *keep finger crossed* Hope everything is fine.

@swu look at the bright side and still strong.
Don't worry too much .. Be happy . Everyone kept stressing about age .. If youre overall healthy that most important . Everyone marries later in life , having baby later . There are many new moms in their forties .. They too delivered healthy normal babies
Don't stress .. Congrats & Enjoy !!
Take care

hi all,

just tested postive last friday.. my #2 pregnanacy. #1 one is a girl.
will visit Gynae this wed.. so excited. i started to have morning sickness.. slpy... no energy at wrk.. how to survive till give birth.. lol

Anyone staying in clementi or queenstown? Have yet to decide on gynae, hope to find one near by. Any recommendations?

Swu: please stay strong and have a good mini confinement and have more rest. Do not think so much for now.

Hi all,

I started to feel terrible since friday.. with the bloatedness, serious giddiness as well as feeling nauerous. I can't really focus on work today and feel very sick and can't let my boss know at the moment

Back