2016/07 July babies

Hi mummies, I have just given birth 2 weeks ago and have some queries due to being a 1st time Mum.

Anyone encounter having trouble putting their newborn to sleep even when she shows signs of tiredness? I tried rock her to slp in my arms and then moment I put her down, she wake up and started crying. This goes on for at least 30mins to 1 hr and I have no idea what to do.

Also, I just develop fever due to matitis as my breast milk was not fully express out and felt some block ducts. I tried applied cabbage and it did help abit but how do I know if my breast milk if fully express out? Especially my left one, I always felt that it is still hard at the top of my breast.

Today is only the 14th day and I am going to have a breakdown soon. Can someone enlighten me how to cope?

Hi mummies, I have just given birth 2 weeks ago and have some queries due to being a 1st time Mum.

Anyone encounter having trouble putting their newborn to sleep even when she shows signs of tiredness? I tried rock her to slp in my arms and then moment I put her down, she wake up and started crying. This goes on for at least 30mins to 1 hr and I have no idea what to do.

Also, I just develop fever due to matitis as my breast milk was not fully express out and felt some block ducts. I tried applied cabbage and it did help abit but how do I know if my breast milk if fully express out? Especially my left one, I always felt that it is still hard at the top of my breast.

Today is only the 14th day and I am going to have a breakdown soon. Can someone enlighten me how to cope?

Hi new mummy! I used to have problems coaxing my boy to sleep too. So what I did was to carry and rock him till he deep sleep before I put him down. It might take long but no choice. Maybe you can see what other Mummies did to help her sleep better.

As for the pumping out the milk, try to latch as much as you can. Baby is the best pump, they can help to clear your block ducts. It's only the 2nd week, a growth spurt might be coming up, so you gotta be prepared that baby is going nurse so frequently.

Things might be hard for the first few weeks, but hang in there. Things will definitely get better! JIAYOU Mummy!!! :)

Hi Sarah, thank you for your reply. I have problem latching her as my nipples are short and currently, my left nipple is now swollen and cracked. I am using nipple shield to help in lathing. When I latch her, I do feel sharp pain so everyday, I only latch her once a day on my right side. But now, I am having fever for 3 days, so I do not know if I still can latch her.

Think I am going to have a breakdown soon. Oh, is it a must to wake up every 3 hrs to pump milk or can I drag to every 4 hrs? I am both mentally and physically tired.

Hi Sarah, thank you for your reply. I have problem latching her as my nipples are short and currently, my left nipple is now swollen and cracked. I am using nipple shield to help in lathing. When I latch her, I do feel sharp pain so everyday, I only latch her once a day on my right side. But now, I am having fever for 3 days, so I do not know if I still can latch her.

Think I am going to have a breakdown soon. Oh, is it a must to wake up every 3 hrs to pump milk or can I drag to every 4 hrs? I am both mentally and physically tired.

I understand the pain of latching. First few weeks I also scared to latch my boy. You can still continue to latch even though you have fever. You can pass the antibodies to your baby this way too. If cannot latch, then you should continue to pump every 3 hours. Please get all the help and support from your family. While you pump, use it to rest too.

Tired is 难免 one. I'm a FTM too, just remember things will better (it really will) and soon you will get used to it. Cheer up! A happy mum = happy baby too! :rolleyes:

Hi new mummies, it's normal that u rock the baby sleep on your arm and once u put baby on the coat, baby will wake up n cry.. Have to repeat this many many times... I used to carry my baby and walk around the house for 2hours at night daily just to make baby sleep..don't give up, not easy to handle newborn. Do u have confinement lady to help out?
I also have short nipple and slightly inverted.. What I did is to use my hand to squeeze my breast and push it into baby mouth including the areola area. I use nipple shield before but doesn't like it because it cause my nipple crack, very painful. Maybe u would like to join breastfeeding fb for more advice. Latch/pump 3 hourly counting from your last pump/latch. You can watch YouTube to learn to latch on correct way, proper latching will not feel pain. Can use warm towel to massage your breast if u feel certain area quite hard.

Oh dear. I think u might need to get some antibiotics, but yes, you should still latch if possible. U can also squeeze some breast milk out and leave in on your nipples to air dry between latches/pumping. Consult a lactation consultant to help with latching. There are also some devices that aid in pulling the nipples, perhaps some mummies here may be able to advise on that.

For pain and Engorgement, I have been advised by KKH LC to do the following steps:

1) cold compress (to relieve pain)
2) hand express (I use Marmet technique until feel enough relief)
3) massage gently
4) warm compress/shower and then latch or pump.

It does get overwhelming, and in 3rd week, your baby might get a growth spurt and wish to latch more. As impossible as it may seem now, it -does- get better. We're proof of it.

Come rant, chat, talk at us if u need a listening ear.

Hi mummies, my baby is currently 7 weeks and I still need to hold/pat/rock baby to sleep. If she is not in deep sleep when I put her down, she will wake up and cry, and I will have to pick her up and repeat the process. I worry that my baby will continue this habit and it will be difficult for me to carry her to put her to sleep when she gets heavier. Many mummies here say they used to do the same, do your babies still need you to rock them to sleep now? How do you cope now that they are much heavier?

Also mummies here say it gets better. When did you all feel it became better?

Hi all mummies, really many thanks for all your advice. I feel so much better with all your advices and support. Yes, later I am going to see a dr to get antibiotics. I dun have CL. My auntie and MIL only help me out during daytime. Evening to night time will be me and my hubby. Middle of the night will be me alone handling until morning cos my hubby is going back to work soon.

I tried to squeeze my nipple and areola to my LO mouth but she get very frustrated and will suck awhile and push out. Hence, I can only use nipple shield at moment.

I spoke to KKH Lactation staff and was told that maybe wait until when my LO is abit bigger cos the mouth will be a bit bigger then she will be able to latch. As for my engorgement, she told me to massage my breast before expressing milk and monitor until
next day, if still persist then I will need to go down to KKH.

Hi emk, can I know which position you use to latch your LO? I tried lying side way but failed so I can only use football method.

Yes, will join the breastfeeding fb for more advice too.

Evafastancy initially I also use football position as I find it much easy to put my short nipple into baby mouth. Oh my baby mouth quite big so he can sucks the whole areola area. After pumping for few days my nipple become longer and bigger, then I can do side latching. Some mummies use this pigeon nipple puller before latch, or u can use pump to pull out your nipple before latch too
ImageUploadedByForum1478688801.559300.jpg

Oh night time all on yourself is very stressful, Mùmmy Jia you

@Elm I still hold/pat/rock my 7kg baby to sleep now. Haha yea quite heavy to manage :p good thing is I don't need to repeat the process many times now. when baby in drunker mode then I put him on baby cot and he will self soothe by sucking his finger and fall into deep sleep.

The two new mummies, welcome.

We all feel you. Like what most have shared, this super tough phase will pass we promise. TBH, my memories of those early days are so vague now. Like zombie. Tired till hard to describe.

It's a phase we get to understand a new person and likewise, baby is also adjusting herself to her new world, including you mummy. All this is indeed very demanding.

There's no escaping on feeling tired. It's in the package. And it's really not easy taking care of baby alone at night. Every baby is different and we mummies face different kind of challenges. I always tell myself no matter how tired I am, i try my best to give the best comfort to my baby because to them, we are all they need now. And as NB at only few weeks old, I really don't think they can be spoilt.

But having said these, we are all human and we cannot be mothers 24/7. Hopefully some kind of extra help can be asked (kins, friends, etc). We do need a break at times. And yes, support group makes a good difference. That's why we are all here in this thread :)

Oh and the other thing I always remind myself is that babies grow very fast. So fast they need less and less of us every day. Now that my gal is 4mo plus and started ifc (and not even 2 weeks yet), she has developed more self soothing skill, less clingy to me, and doesn't even want much comfort latch anymore. Past two days wanna latch her when back from "school" she pushed me away and cried. My heart kinda sank. Haha.

This may sound ironic but I do miss the days she only wanted me. Though mad tiring, carrying her in my arms many hours a day i felt so much love :)

Jiayou ok mummies. You're doing great and hang in there strong.

Hi everyone, especially @snowfern! I am still alive and kicking! I just had no time to come to forum because I am busy talking to people all the time!

Most of my colleagues will exclaim that I am back! Then ask me all baby related questions and then start scrutinizing me from head to toe and then pass comments on my appearance.

I knock off at about 5.30pm everyday since I returned to work and everything is as planned. Outcomes better than what I had anticipated. Today even had time to mop floor and make fruit juice!

And I also busy with milk storage. Cos now happy toad mode and the milk just 滔滔不绝. Surprisingly, I hit a all time high output. And I find myself less stressed at work compared to at home. Cos at home got endless housework. But then don't think that I go office is kiao kah one hor! I already had to deliver substantial work by first two days! Today third day got meeting from 9am-12.30pm and still have to be note taker and expected to submit by the end of the mtg.

To the two new mums : agree with @redvel that it is a phase that will pass. If u read our earlier posts, all of us suffered from different sets of problems. The tip i have is try to build a routine for your baby. Babies like to do the same thing at the same time. For example, determine what is the wake up time and what is the time to put baby to bed. During the day, keep room as bright as possible and u can be loud. Night time just switch off all lights to as dim as possible and then minimize eye contact with baby. Once u lock eye contact, that'/ it. They think is play time!

I am fortunate to be able to side latch baby in he initial phase. So I started to co-sleep with baby so that I can catch up on sleep. It became so comfortable over time. But I know that this is not the right way to go. So I started cot training. I tried swaddling and repeat the process 10000000000 times until baby and I are tired and until I won the battle. If normal swaddle doesn't work, try those zip type. And if u want the baby to sleep at night, let him or her recognize the cues.

For example, my daughter now knows that wipe body and face on diaper rack means is sleeping time soon. By the time I changed diaper and finished wiping her body, she will start crying and rub eyes. I will have to switch off all lights and on night lamp before she stops crying for a while. She gets the signal and will fall asleep very fast while latching. Another tip for new mums is that u must feed the baby full full. Then baby will sleep better in the cot. Younger babies tend to be sleepy and will fall asleep while latching. Tickle them and make sure they are really full. If not, there is a higher chance that baby will cry when u lay them in cot.

Hope these tips help. I need to sleep already! Tmr need to wake up at 5am to start my day!

@KWL haha great to hear from you :) wow still got time to make fruit juice.. You are really full of energy

Cos my daughter no pang sai for 9 days. Hahahaha. I woke up at 5am today to pump and make second round of juice. Hopefully she absorbs.

ANd yes, my daughter appetite is like only 200ml from 8am-5pm. Night time she will suck dry my boobs and then sleep better. It is to my advantage cos I don't have to pump out and then I get to sleep longer stretches too! Let's hope is for real and not those temporary sunny and stormy night pictures that @snowfern has shared. Pls let this last looooonnnggggeeerrr!!!

Things are really turning out better than expected. Maybe I had experienced the worst just before returning to work (juggling baby, housework, dinner and sick dog). So now I quite enjoy it and got used to starting my day at 5am. Just automatic wake up. No alarm required. Sometimes I do snooze and It gives me thrill and extra boost of energy For that extra hour of sleep.

I am very thankful for having accomodating boss and colleagues, supporting friends here and encouraging family members. Sharing of experiences and talking out your problems do help a lot. I remembered I was carrying a super sour face after first month because I really feel like dying from exhaustion. Sometimes I sit on sofa and regret giving birth and losing freedom.

All these negative thoughts will just dispel when you see your little one smile at you. Wah wait for that chuckle moment. All your worries - gone!!!!

Staying positive is the way to go! slowly slowly I want to be able to cook again! Simple fried rice also good! Pray for me!

Hi all, many thanks for yr support and wonderful advices. Yes, I have been reading all the threads when I was pregnant and trying to pick up things from you all.

I still have problem latching my baby. I can only latch her in football position but my husband wants me to do cross cradle so while latching, I can get rest. But I have a problem as my nipples are short and last night I tried on cross cradle position, my baby is very frustrated and kept on crying. While trying to get her to latch, my nipple felt very pain. Understand that if I felt pain means the latching is incorrect, but how to I know if my baby is latching correctly? I saw her mouth sucking.

Oh, by the way, every time after expressing milk out, I feel sore and pain on my whole breast. Is this normal?

@eva when u feel pain while latching mean it's a shallow latch. You can try to pinched your breast and ran the nipple along your baby nose down to mouth and when baby open mouth, you literally pushed him onto it. By pushing them on, baby reflexively open up wider! Remember got to push your baby mouth to your nipple not the other way round.

Hi all, many thanks for yr support and wonderful advices. Yes, I have been reading all the threads when I was pregnant and trying to pick up things from you all.

I still have problem latching my baby. I can only latch her in football position but my husband wants me to do cross cradle so while latching, I can get rest. But I have a problem as my nipples are short and last night I tried on cross cradle position, my baby is very frustrated and kept on crying. While trying to get her to latch, my nipple felt very pain. Understand that if I felt pain means the latching is incorrect, but how to I know if my baby is latching correctly? I saw her mouth sucking.

Oh, by the way, every time after expressing milk out, I feel sore and pain on my whole breast. Is this normal?
When u express, is pump or hand expression? If hand expression, try to use Marmet hand expression, check YouTube. It is more gentle and efficient way. If you press on whole boob u risk bruising yourself. If u feel lumps, can gently concentrate on that area to compress, or do it after placing hot compress or in the shower.

Hi mummies, my baby is currently 7 weeks and I still need to hold/pat/rock baby to sleep. If she is not in deep sleep when I put her down, she will wake up and cry, and I will have to pick her up and repeat the process. I worry that my baby will continue this habit and it will be difficult for me to carry her to put her to sleep when she gets heavier. Many mummies here say they used to do the same, do your babies still need you to rock them to sleep now? How do you cope now that they are much heavier?

Also mummies here say it gets better. When did you all feel it became better?
It is like gradual weight training lol. Day by day, as u carry ur baby, u also build ur muscle (or so I tell myself haha). Of course, like weight training, u must eat well, rest well in order to be at your optimum for baby. Earlier mummies gave u good tips on how to help bb to sleep. You can also check on "the fourth" trimester to understand why babies behave this way.

It is a trying time, and I believe once u get over the steep learning curve, you will look back and think, wah, how did u do it! Like many mummies here, we are so sleep deprived it really is zombie mode.

6a530e58b0db6b06bad8942af5e5d509.jpg

Someone on FB posted this, and I've shared it here before. I try not to view the fussy phases as difficult periods for us, instead I watch out for developmental leaps. They usually occur alongside or immediately after the fussy phase. Needless to say, all babies differ but this chart at least prepares you for worst case scenarios! I prepare by buying lots of snacks and drinks and comfy nursing chair with tablet to watch Netflix or return of superman!

@sarah @snowfern are u ladies going to join babywearing Zumba on Saturday? And u all going to bring stroller ?

Wah, I don't know whether I can carry him and dance at the same time LOL But will go see see first. Yes, will be bringing stroller in case he wanna sleep :) Can't wait to see you mummies!!!

@KWL I really envy you leh, still so energetic after going back to work. :rolleyes:

These few days super tiring, lots of meetings & projects to follow up. The only time I can rest and relax a bit is during pumping time. Tried to knock off work on time, but very hard, my boss always come find me at 520pm :confused:.

Can't wait for weekend to come now though, the July baby bash and a close friend wedding. Ohh and no work on Monday & tuesday! Hopefully can recover a bit by then~

Wah, I don't know whether I can carry him and dance at the same time LOL But will go see see first. Yes, will be bringing stroller in case he wanna sleep :) Can't wait to see you mummies!!!
Haha ok then I bring my stroller too, are u going to bring your Tula also ?

Thank you mummies for the encouragement. It is good to know that it is just a phase and things will get better. These days I feel all I do is carry my baby around the house to soothe her from crying or put her to sleep. The moments where she's smiling and laying down by herself are so short, and most of those times I have to quickly use the opportunity to go toilet etc. I am caring for my baby on my own, except when my hubby comes home from work in the evening then I have his help.

@emk @Sa_rahhhh I dunno to bring stroller or not cos she seldom sleep in it...but will be putting her in the Moby GO, hubby will do the Zumba hahaha I relak 1 corner jiak buffet! Plus we getting the cobi mat, dunno how we gonna lug home. And evening have to be at aunt's place birthday celebration.

Thank you mummies for the encouragement. It is good to know that it is just a phase and things will get better. These days I feel all I do is carry my baby around the house to soothe her from crying or put her to sleep. The moments where she's smiling and laying down by herself are so short, and most of those times I have to quickly use the opportunity to go toilet etc. I am caring for my baby on my own, except when my hubby comes home from work in the evening then I have his help.
Hang in there! It is like that one. But u will get used to it, like @KWL say, bb loves routine.

Have u considered babywearing her? There's a lot of helpful tips and advice in the babywearing sg group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/babywearingsg/

@emk @Sa_rahhhh I dunno to bring stroller or not cos she seldom sleep in it...but will be putting her in the Moby GO, hubby will do the Zumba hahaha I relak 1 corner jiak buffet! Plus we getting the cobi mat, dunno how we gonna lug home. And evening have to be at aunt's place birthday celebration.

Yeahhhh it's going to be long day cause after the bash, going to rush home and prepare for the next event: a garden wedding :p

Yeahhhh it's going to be long day cause after the bash, going to rush home and prepare for the next event: a garden wedding :p
Same ... After the event must rush down to my sec sch carnival!!!!
Now got lift access woohooo can bring my stroller already .. Coz my stroller quite big, oh let me touch touch your Tula leh haha

@Elm is like that one ..hang on there!!!Last time I told my hub everyday I repeat same thing again and again, feed, soothe, sleep. And my baby is every 2 hour for milk, my 2 hour just pass like that .. After Cl left.. Oh no .. Still got to bath baby!!! No worries.. Things will turn out better when baby turn 3 months. The crying also lesser :) initially I still worry got to do night feeding when I go back to work, and discuss with my hub and we come out with a schedule, before 3am I get up to feed, after 3am he take. And u know what ..my baby STTN at 3month :)

Same ... After the event must rush down to my sec sch carnival!!!!
Now got lift access woohooo can bring my stroller already .. Coz my stroller quite big, oh let me touch touch your Tula leh haha

You can even try the tula, not just touch lar haha~ See if your baby likes it a not HOHO

Was with a customer yesterday and she told me her sis in law trained her two babies to sttn by letting baby cry n cry in the middle of the night when they wanna drink. Just ignore. For Two weeks. Now they can sttn.

I can't do it. No way. I'll rather lose sleep. I just can't do it. I think ultimately baby will outgrow that stage and sttn. Just a matter of time.

Was with a customer yesterday and she told me her sis in law trained her two babies to sttn by letting baby cry n cry in the middle of the night when they wanna drink. Just ignore. For Two weeks. Now they can sttn.

I can't do it. No way. I'll rather lose sleep. I just can't do it. I think ultimately baby will outgrow that stage and sttn. Just a matter of time.

It's also why I am doing attachment parenting.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201112/dangers-crying-it-out

Wow two weeks.. Neighbour never complain ? Haha I can't do it too..last night 3am suddenly I heard my baby voice..he play n talk to himself. My heart beating so fast, was this mean my STTN going to end here .. I waiting for him to cry then I go prepare milk.. Luckily he didn't.. He self sooth and fall to sleep again ' Heng ar !!!'

Haha I think my gal wakes the neighbors up at around 430am not from cry but from "talking".

After attending to her cry and feed her, she'll talk loudly for awhile before going back to sleep heh.

With bubbles is touch and go one. If I see she motn like want to play only, I tell her night time liow, whisper and kiss her goodnight and bochup her. Most times she will stare a bit at her mobile or poster and fall asleep. Otherwise have to latch if she's hungry, but hungry is cry damn loud, dunno how my ah lao can sleep through it man.

Wow cool!!! See you @sarah@snowfern on Saturday. Btw how to recognize u two haha
I think @Sa_rahhhh and I can id each other via our instagram hehehe. The question is how to id you @emk! Unless ur boy chuk his rocker fingers I also dunno how haha!

But in all seriousness, I will probably be wearing purple wakai and light purple/lavender wrap. Hubby will be carrying Moby GO with jungle fern drool pads. Come say hi!

IMG_20161109_234048.jpg

(Might be the grey shadowy side, same design, see which he prefers on sat haha)

hi @snowfern, Dustan baby language never see before but the poo pic I saw before. Feel like dropping the idea of latching my baby and just express milk to bottle feed her. Oh, by the way, what is sttn?

Is it advisable that I should get a baby carrier? Like how many mths then can start using? Was thinking if I have a baby Carrier then I can carry her while doing housework.

I seen a dr yesterday and has took antibiotics and rest a lot. Now I set alarm clock to make sure I wake up every 3 hrs to pump milk out. Although is tiring but better to fall sick. I felt a lot better today. Once bitten twice shy.

But then today, my MIL and auntie got pattern made my husband scold my MIL. Initially, when bathing my baby, my auntie is the one helping out my husband in preparation. Then suddenly my MIL come join in the crowd, then suddenly today no one come help my husband to open the towel and prepare the swaddle. Normally, after baby clothes will be wash up right she finish her bath, then today dunno why my MIL say must wait until I finish my bath the wash the baby clothes and my clothes together. Made my husband so angry he went to wash baby clothes himself and scold my MIL why cannot wash baby clothes up first. My MIL replied by husband saying I pumping milk then the milk very smelly one, cannot wask together with your clothes one. I told my MIL, my clothes dun touch. I will soak with detergent and accumulate 3 to 4 days then put in washing machine to wash.

He now worried next week when he go back to work then day time my hse will be in a mess cos there is no standard procedure. My MIL keep the baby clothes also can dun bring down the baby towel to keep. Then the hanging pegs just leave it hanging in the living room, dun bother to bring back to the service yard.

Now I hope after 1 month is over, hopefully my baby is more or less a bit more independent as in no need to carry so much to put to slp then I will clean up the hse.

@Evafantasy sttn- sleep through the night, how's your milk supply ? Latch baby is the best to build up your supply. Trust me .. U got no time to do housework if u handle baby by yourself. Haha most of us here got no time to bath/eat except for @KWL, she still can wash curtain and cook good meal haha

@sarah @snowfern u two so funny la hahaha u two got fb or not ? Coz my Instagram not many baby photo leh, fb got slightly more than Instagram. Pm me your fb n Instagram :)

hi @snowfern, Dustan baby language never see before but the poo pic I saw before. Feel like dropping the idea of latching my baby and just express milk to bottle feed her. Oh, by the way, what is sttn?

Is it advisable that I should get a baby carrier? Like how many mths then can start using? Was thinking if I have a baby Carrier then I can carry her while doing housework.

I seen a dr yesterday and has took antibiotics and rest a lot. Now I set alarm clock to make sure I wake up every 3 hrs to pump milk out. Although is tiring but better to fall sick. I felt a lot better today. Once bitten twice shy.

But then today, my MIL and auntie got pattern made my husband scold my MIL. Initially, when bathing my baby, my auntie is the one helping out my husband in preparation. Then suddenly my MIL come join in the crowd, then suddenly today no one come help my husband to open the towel and prepare the swaddle. Normally, after baby clothes will be wash up right she finish her bath, then today dunno why my MIL say must wait until I finish my bath the wash the baby clothes and my clothes together. Made my husband so angry he went to wash baby clothes himself and scold my MIL why cannot wash baby clothes up first. My MIL replied by husband saying I pumping milk then the milk very smelly one, cannot wask together with your clothes one. I told my MIL, my clothes dun touch. I will soak with detergent and accumulate 3 to 4 days then put in washing machine to wash.

He now worried next week when he go back to work then day time my hse will be in a mess cos there is no standard procedure. My MIL keep the baby clothes also can dun bring down the baby towel to keep. Then the hanging pegs just leave it hanging in the living room, dun bother to bring back to the service yard.

Now I hope after 1 month is over, hopefully my baby is more or less a bit more independent as in no need to carry so much to put to slp then I will clean up the hse.
For baby carrier, there are many different types, and can get quite confusing. My suggestion is, join the babywearing group to see which type you think will suit your lifestyle best.

TypesofBabyCarriers.jpeg

When to carry also depends on if u delivered naturally or via csec, and how well you bounce back. With csec, it is advised you carry only your baby, and wear a binder. Even so, I believe some csec mummies were advised to babywear only after 2-4 weeks.

Do give yourself time to adjust to baby and try not to let little things get to you. Since i live with my MIL, I find preserving the MIL-DIL relationship even more important, so I try to just focus on the new wonder in my life. Lack of sleep, pain, constant crying and carrying does make one more irritable, so cut yourself some slack. Housework can wait. Baby cannot.

@Evafantasy sttn- sleep through the night, how's your milk supply ? Latch baby is the best to build up your supply. Trust me .. U got no time to do housework if u handle baby by yourself. Haha most of us here got no time to bath/eat except for @KWL, she still can wash curtain and cook good meal haha

Agreed. Latching is best way to build supply. It's best to check.if your latch is correct or pain and problems will keep recurring. Jiayou!

Ah, I see. I tried to latch my baby just now and knew the reason why I cannot latch her already. Her mouth is too small. When she open, she only managed to suck my nipple. She can't suck until my areola. Previously, KKH LC told me that my baby mouth is small so may need wait till she is abit bigger then try. So, I only let her latch like few mins just to put her to sleep.

I think my milk supply is okay. Every pump will have a total of 100ml to 120ml. Now my baby is drinking 80ml every 3 hrs.

Oh, I went through c-sec, so I guess I wait for my wound is alot better then I consider a baby carrier. My MIL is trying to help but she always do things using her own method and not following what we always do. Then she kept on getting scold by her own son (my husband).

@snowfern, can ask you if yr MIL ever say cannot wash yr clothes together with yr husband?

@snowfern, can ask you if yr MIL ever say cannot wash yr clothes together with yr husband?
Nope, but she is not pantang. Every family has their own troubles, I don't always agree with the way she does certain things or criticize my methods either, but I guess one way to think of it is, she is trying to be helpful, and -thinks- she is -actually being- helpful. And if I find some things simply unacceptable, then of course it would have to be handled myself la. It doesn't mean I'm any less appreciative of the things she -does- help out with, like marketing, cooking, and sweeping/mopping the floor, which is also not easy given her age.

Since she will be there for your confinement period, just perhaps lower your expectations for the period of time since she is unable to adjust to you and hubby's way of thinking. It is not as if she is your helper and is paid or expected to do things your way...can't be very nice to also keep getting scolded by your own son right? If not, then to preserve the relationship, might be best to employ a part time cleaner? Not worth ruining familial relations during such an intense period of your life.

Of course I dunno your actual situation la, this is just my 2 cents.

@snowfern: I do appreciate the things she done but understand certain things she done is not what I expected, but becos she is my MIL and I cannot say her, I just kept quiet all the while. It was my husband that saw and told her off. Cos my husband has the Ang mo thinking so he does not agree with what his mum did. He will base on real facts to tell her.

But then hor, my auntie and MIL are not very clean person which now I notice. Cos my baby white clothes got some milk stain which they never wash properly, now the white top got yellowish stain.

Oh ya, need to check with mummies. Where do you bring your baby for their immunization? Polyclinic or GP? Cause I have checked that polyclinic injections are almost all free but more jabs and GP will need to pay few hundreds can use CDA but less jabs.

Back