2016/07 July babies

Oh ya, need to check with mummies. Where do you bring your baby for their immunization? Polyclinic or GP? Cause I have checked that polyclinic injections are almost all free but more jabs and GP will need to pay few hundreds can use CDA but less jabs.
Hougang polyclinic. Good service, informative staff. From most accounts, NHGP > Singhealth.

Evafantasy, Try to think positively. At least your MIL is willing to help take care of you and baby. Mine lives 5mins away from us but will not even offer to cook us a meal. She will only come to my house to play with baby then leaves. I am all on my own taking care of baby when hubby is at work, sometimes no time to eat and go toilet even. So just try to be positive :)

Wah keep @@@@ me!

Today is my off day! Need to send my dog back to the vet for review and collect a spare pump from my friend. Also same thing 7 early 8 early drive my daughter to my mum place.

I just jinx myself yesterday. After typing all those happy moments, yesterday was a bad bad bad bad bad day at work. Was on high stress level cos boss gave me crazy deadline. Like half hour to get things done. Ended up eating at 2pm. Wasn't satisfactory so got to do more research and be in standby for PA to call and see him. By then I engorged Liao. No choice, I remember @tuna's hand expression method. Squeezed out 60ml and boob looks like kena bashed. Finally saw him at 5+ when I should knock off at 5.30. In the end I knocked off at 6pm.

Bad jam on the road cos raining. Picked little one and she wailed in car cos she was hungry and I didn't have the patience to latch her properly because I need to go and tabao dinner for husband. I think I gung-ho mah. Geh kiang lor. I was still on the road at 7.20pm when her sleeping time is 8.15 thereabout.

Anyway When I reached the carpark of hawker centre, I still had to pull out the whole dooms and wheel her to the stall to buy. After buying dinner, slot her back in and listen to her symphony again.

When I parked my car, I had to choose the lot without adjacent car or pillars so that I can open the door big big to pull her out. Driving and handling baby pram alone is indeed not an easy task. On top of that, I gotta carry my haversack with laptop, another big bag with pump and FTG filled with breast milk, her bag to my mil place, and two packets of tabao food.

When I am home, baby cry. Dogs barked cos hungry. Hahahaha. Had to one hand carry baby and feed dogs, clear their shit etc and also pack and store breast milk and sterilize pump. So being a mum is not easy indeed.

Luckily baby slept by 8.35. I finally got to take a long hot bath and started pumping and washing and sterilizing at 9pm.

Slept like a dead log by 10pm. And then got night feedings at 12mn, 3am, 4am, 6am. Haha it is crazy but I also got used to it Liao. Better than I have to wake and pump out. This arrangement is good.

So to the new mums, after u experience the worst, when u get extra half hour of rest, u will be so grateful and happy

Hang in there!

@KWL sounds like a VERY VERY long day for you yesterday! But kinda reminds me when i got such episodes myself too. MULTITASKING is what us as mummies are good at doing!

TGIF, jiayou all Mummies!!! ;)

@Elm, I am trying to think positively all the time and to close one eye. But just today morning, her action to me dun make sense. Although I know she is trying to help out but is just going the motion without thinking. While I am still recovering from my recent fever, she wants to boil the red dates water for me to drink. I told her nicely at the moment dun drink frist cos I am still on antibiotics and better recover first. Then she wanted to sterilize all the milk bottles when all has been sterilize last night. I told her nicely no need to sterilize cos all done last night and she reply me saying nvm, sterilize again loh. In my heart, I am like OMG! But still, I patiently explained to her nicely and she understand where I am coming from.

I really salute @KWL. Can do so many things! I hope by then I can multitask so many things too. Now, I really appreciate every single minute of rest once I feed her and pump out my milk.

No wonder they say 妈妈是最伟大的.

My husband still say how come my milk production so little loh...

I just back from polyclinic vaccination. Baby now 7.4kg and 66cm. Oh the nurse ask me next vaccine prefer 5in1 or 6in1, I take 5in1.. Any mummies know what the different?

Reactions: KWL
I just back from polyclinic vaccination. Baby now 7.4kg and 66cm. Oh the nurse ask me next vaccine prefer 5in1 or 6in1, I take 5in1.. Any mummies know what the different?
Healthy bub! Difference.is number of times I have to go.back to polyclinic haha

I'm still clueless on the immunization part. I just go to pd as scheduled and let doc jab jab and record on the health book. Next is 30Dec.

Being a new mom I can understand the emotions and attachment to our baby. All helps from others do come in good welfare at heart. So that's what I always remind myself when I find others do their way rather than mine on my baby.

Initially I'm quite anal about it and get so secretly upset (like don't wash hands when come visiting, before picking up my NB). Then now bb at 4mo, inlaws like to say give pacifier to baby (but this, I think my hubby got drop hint to them that mummy is not going to introduce so don't even think about it heh).

Now that we live back together (moved back to inlaw place for better workday logistics now that I've returned to work), it is even more important to not take heart on many things; close one eye most of the time. And appreciate there are extra pairs of hands to free ourselves from the 24/7 caring of our LO. Else parents can go crazy leh.

Jiayou jiayou.

From what I understand on 6 in 1 is a combination of Hep B plus 5 in 1. Meaning baby will get lesser jabs as stated in the health booklet. The table schedule shown in health booklet is more for polyclinics.

Oh, by the way, I happen to see my baby nose to have mucus. No wonder when she is sleeping she is like having wheezing sound. How can I remove the mucus? Also, do I have to clean the nose everyday? Hospital nurse never teach and forget to ask also.

From what I understand on 6 in 1 is a combination of Hep B plus 5 in 1. Meaning baby will get lesser jabs as stated in the health booklet. The table schedule shown in health booklet is more for polyclinics.

Oh, by the way, I happen to see my baby nose to have mucus. No wonder when she is sleeping she is like having wheezing sound. How can I remove the mucus? Also, do I have to clean the nose everyday? Hospital nurse never teach and forget to ask also.
Hi hi, agree with all nummies' previous sharing, things will fall into place eventually when you work out a routine you are comfortable with. For now, the no-time-to-shit-bathe-eat days are all part of the job description, hang in there. On the wheezing sound, I remember@emk (emk, was it you ah?) sharing that pd said NBs' nose lining very thin, so they make this weird sound when they sleep, it's normal. If it's mucus bothering her, u can get this rubber gadget from Pigeon that can "suck" the mucus out from her nose, though I have friends who swear by using their mouth to suck out the stuff.

Last edited:
I asked poly nurse this at the last visit. 5 in 1 though free, but you must go one more time compared to 6 in 1. I opted for 6 in 1, because I scared 打针。For all of baby's jabs I have to bring either mum or hb along to carry her during the jab while I cower outside the room. Useless mummy here!

Suck mucus with mouth? Haha okok i try next time.

I think Mine also 6-in-1. Don't want baby to go thru too many rounds.

First time my gal cried so bad (though short) my hubby said so heart pain. Second time recently she cried but was much better already.

Haha tuna you so cute. For me I think I will feel worse if I wasn't there to carry and calm her.

How to suck the mucus using mouth? Though heard before lah.. ah, ok. I shall ask my husband go buy to keep for in case. My MIL say use cotton wool roll into like sharp sharp the put inside the nose to hook out but fail. Then my husband pek chek use tissue paper and roll and he managed to get it out.

I think to save money will go polyclinic for all the jabs. Cause I just called up my usual GP clinic and was told that their package which consist of 2 jabs of 6 in 1, MMR, 2 jabs of 5 in 1, chicken pox is $560. Then I called up another PD clinic and was told that each jab cost $150. So expensive.

Tuna cannot bear to see her baby being jab. Previously, I brought my baby for the jaundice check. First 2 times she cried very loud though she was sleeping. The 3rd time, she totally dun care anymore. While the lab person poke her and squeeze her blood, she continued to sleep all the way.

The pigeon rubber thingy works wonder! I have it and i love to suck his mucus out using that. Initially he don't like having the thing inside his nose (maybe it's itchy), but subsequently he's used to it and now he will just lie there while i play (clean) with his nose ;)

@tuna ^5! I cannot bear seeing him get pricked. Everytime I will carry him in but when it's time to get his injection, i will ask my hub to carry. The nurse also laugh at me say when i scared when i'm not the one getting pricked. I still remember the very initial days when baby still have to go back for his jaundice blood test, i was tearing when the nurse draw his blood. The nurse stunned and ask me why i cry lor...:confused: paiseh! Though pain in his leg, i'm pain in my heart. :(

@evafastancy if baby sleeping/drinking milk got weird sound is due to thin lining which @tuna mentioned earlier. To remove mucus got many method lo.. Roll the tissue corner like what your hub did, use cotton bud or buy the pigeon suction. Haha
@sarah wow your boy so enjoy it, maybe u are more gentle .. I use full force to suck it out..he scream like hell haha I enjoys seeing the thick mucus being suck out.. The feeling is damn shiok la

The nurse said 6in1 $120 and 5in1 is free .. Don't know I got hear it wrongly or not la haha

@sarah - play with your boy's nose, lol!! You so cute! I'm not so wei da that I can't bear seeing baby getting pricked, the sight of any needle is enough to make my legs feel weak, no matter who it pricks. Coward la.

@redvel - I feel bad that I have to desert her during jab, but bo bian, can't get over the phobia of needles.

I stuff rolled tissue in and pick the nose with that. Hahahaha. Pigeon thing fail on me.

on jabs - put needle in will change face but okay within seconds. But when she hungry, she cries like no tomorrow. Hunger is more painful to her.

Good mood yields more milk. These few days produce so much until freezer no space. I decided to do milk bath!

I stuff rolled tissue in and pick the nose with that. Hahahaha. Pigeon thing fail on me.

on jabs - put needle in will change face but okay within seconds. But when she hungry, she cries like no tomorrow. Hunger is more painful to her.

Good mood yields more milk. These few days produce so much until freezer no space. I decided to do milk bath!

Milk bath for yourself or bb? Been thinking of doing it as I have fbm expiring soon, but I don't think I can handle logistics involved; must soak bb in milk - soap her to get rid of fbm smell - rinse her free of soap. May use it to soak my legs, knees and elbows instead.

Last edited:
@Evafantasy hi eva, my MIL was those very traditional woman. She was very upset back then when she learnt that hubby and my clothes were washed together during my confinement. To not make anyone unhappy or next time blame me if something bad were to happen, I accumulated my clothes for a few days and throw into the washing machine to wash. Small inconvenience but it goes a long way. I don't wish she bring this up and do the blaming game when things don't go well for my hubby next time.

Sometimes just have to close one eye and shut out those negative remarks and focus on your own well-being and baby's.

@KWL, so tissue is the correct one to use lah... maybe I shall hold on in buying the pigeon thingy first. Nvm, this kind of job leave to my husband to handle first. I just concentrate on pumping milk out and rest.

@starview, I see, so this is the super old traditional type of thinking lah. Yesterday, I already told her dun wash my clothes. I will accumulate few days then put in washing machine to wash like what you have mentioned to avoid any misunderstandings in future. Today my husband say my auntie and MIL super co-operative and very organized after being told off.

I haven't get to see how my baby is going to be jab. Only scare later I freak out become like @tuna also. Although I am not scare of injection but I scare she will be in pain then I will also heart pain. I will ask my husband to carry her when going for her first jab.

@Elm, I am trying to think positively all the time and to close one eye. But just today morning, her action to me dun make sense. Although I know she is trying to help out but is just going the motion without thinking. While I am still recovering from my recent fever, she wants to boil the red dates water for me to drink. I told her nicely at the moment dun drink frist cos I am still on antibiotics and better recover first. Then she wanted to sterilize all the milk bottles when all has been sterilize last night. I told her nicely no need to sterilize cos all done last night and she reply me saying nvm, sterilize again loh. In my heart, I am like OMG! But still, I patiently explained to her nicely and she understand where I am coming from
Evafantasy, Haha your MIL is indeed quite funny, maybe she's wanting to be helpful to you but don't know how so trying to offer to do this and that :)

My MIL didn't offer to boil red dates drink for me or anything, in fact they came to the hospital empty handed just to see my baby. They still come empty handed to my house these days to play with baby. It's not until my hubby actually told her to boil me some red dates drink when I was still in hospital then only she did it just once. So do find solace that your MIL is doing it for you.

Oh no ... Fever come Liao .. 37.7 degree !!! Cool pad and feed him medicine ..hit 38 must go kkh?

Oh no ... Fever come Liao .. 37.7 degree !!! Cool pad and feed him medicine ..hit 38 must go kkh?
Sponge him down with lukewarm water, if u have cooling gel or ice pack, wrap with towel.(too cold no good) and stick under armpits/in between thighs (not groin area).

Keep latching/feeding, cool clothes, indirect fan. Monitor first, but ya standby to go kkh if fever above 38 cos can shoot up quite rapidly, though i manage to sponge bub down from 38.3 to 37.5 in a few minutes, and maintain, so I didn't bring in.

You also must rest and drink more water. Today vaccination ah?

Edit: when latch/feed also can stick the cool pack between u n bb, or sponge down, body heat will raise the temp further

Re: jabs. When bubbles had to have the blood drawn from her heels, i also heartpain. But i purse my lips tightly and tell myself, this is for her own good. Same thing for her vaccinations, we are doing our best by our babies. I just whisper and hug her gently, reminding her i am here for her and the pain is brief.

She also one kind la. The moment walk out door, stop crying immediately, as if nothing happened. Tch.

Don't know you mummies got such issues.

MIL: today Ian don't want to drink cow milk. Have to coax him to drink.

Me: ohh, sometimes he's like this. Just a phase only. Btw, I'm not a cow

MIL: yeah, don't know why he don't want to drink cow milk.

Me: *roll eyes big big*

Seriously I'm not a cow leh~~:confused:

@snowfern yea bring out my avent cooling pad and place between baby and me.. Manage to bring down to 37.2
@sarah those don't have breastfeeding background is like that one.. My mil said ' bm just like plain water, won't full one' I roll eyes and ignored ...

Get well soon little emk boy!

Wanna ask on those babies who sttn. They can sttn in wet diapers? Like really soaked liao still can sleep? Haa I see my gal's diapers wet I cannot wait to change her.

Talk abt MIL sure have 讲不完的委屈 and I think my case is quite bad :(
My MIL is those 重男轻女type so she very bo chup when I was pregnant with my #2 (girl). She even told me she won't go to hospital to visit cos she dunno how to go *duh* When my baby is borned, my hubby fetched her to our house, she only see see my girl and didn't attempt to carry her. It was so different when I gave birth to my #1(boy). I was very upset and angry over this and yet I can't tell my hubby about it cos he adores his Mother. Luckily I have my mom to talk to and she gave me a lot of moral support during my confinement which is a very vulnerable period for me.

Now she keep hinting 2 is not enough and want us to try for #3 (she is hoping for another boy):confused:

@emk hope your boy is better so that he can enjoy the celebration bash tomorrow!

Mummies.... JTS Earth Mama Angel Baby is having 20% off at iherb till next Wed.
First time user can get 10% off by entering my code KUS515

Oh dear, hope emk baby can get well soon. Take care!

@sarah, I got this issue from my MIL. She is indirectly hint to me. When she trying to coax baby Erin to slp and she dun want to slp, keep turning her towards my MIL breast, my MIL will come and say come come, let Erin suck suck your so she can slp. I am like huh!? This goes on everyday at least 1 time even when I develop fever. then my husband tell her off. From that day, she stop saying. One thing I dun like is she when she say my clothes cannot wash together with my husband clothes cos breastmilk very smelly one.

@starview , dun be disappointed cos olden days their mindset are like that. Can Ng change just mindset one unless someone really go tell her straight in the face. You just have to tell yrself that whether she like or dun like also her grandchild. We as mummies just give our best to our children can liao. Jia you!

Last edited:
@tuna dual use. For little one to bathe and for my parents to soak their legs thereafter. For bathing, I just soak her inside and I took her out after that. Never rinse and let it dry on her skin. Last time I will rinse off. But I think it is such a waste to do so.

I threw in about 20+ packets of 100+ml of frozen breast milk. Dilute with hot water to bring up the temp.

IMG_1557.JPG

@Evafantasy regarding tissue to pick nose. I don't know if it is the right technique. At least I can dig debris out. Haha

On appetite, my little one has been drinking only 160ml-220ml from 8am-5pm for the last week. Want to force more also cannot. NUmber of wet diapers also came down. Agree with @Sa_rahhhh that it will be a passing phase. I do track her input. My mum does update me via whatsapp. So I know things are improving.

On mil issue. I guess I am the lucky one. My mil is chin Chye. Just come n play with baby only. Partially cos she is old Liao. And I have a very supportive mum who will help to take care of baby in my preferred method. I get hourly updates from my mum like what my daughter is doing. She will tell me Got story telling and music lesson. Sometimes PE too (tummy time). Best of all. She will send me love emoticons and sign off as my daughter. Hahahaha. That is why I can focus at work and be a happy mum! She will also tell me the problems she encountered and I will try to resolve for her. 2 way communication to work ard problems.

Love my mum and I will also make sure my daughter is filial to her next time!

Get well soon little emk boy!

Wanna ask on those babies who sttn. They can sttn in wet diapers? Like really soaked liao still can sleep? Haa I see my gal's diapers wet I cannot wait to change her.
Hannor i also wonder about this. I know bubbles buay tahan dirty, so each time she soils herself she will complain. On the rare occasions that she STTN (>6 hrs), her pee also not much, but after diaper change wah! She store power only!

Re: MIL. I have a pretty good r/s with her, but of course, living in close quarters will inevitably cause a little friction but i try not to let the few annoyances outweigh the good stuff. She is so hands off that she only carries my bb max 15 mins (when i shower), but i view it as a tradeoff. If i want her to care more for my bb, she would probably want more say in how to raise her, and that would only result in more conflict.

I do have active discussions with her on certain issues before they come up though, like pacifiers (she's always harping on how useful it is, even.while i was pregnant, but I'm of the thinking, why use it if it's unnecessary), breastfeeding (no opinion, baby full can liow), cloth diapers (must! Resistant to disposables at first until she saw the volume of soiled diapers a day), and now baby led weaning (she approves as she's done similar).

I suppose her reluctance and hesitation to chip in is largely due to her babies mostly raised to toddler age by her mum...so she didn't really even know how to carry my bub :/ she's also constantly amazed at how infrequently bubbles cries, as i tend to her while she's grumbling before she escalates haha

In fact, i have always had a poor r/s w my own mother, she only doted on my brothers and even so, all 3 of us siblings' r/s w her is very bad. Mostly due to how poorly she treated her own MIL, my ahma. I guess due to that, i was more determined to build and establish a good rapport w my MIL. On the rare occasion she wants to carry bubbles, she will make scathing (with tone to match) remarks like, "oh, u only have eyes for mummy because u want her milk and only she has, i don't." "She's prettier now than when she was born."

Yeah. No thanks. Not gonna expose her to the toxic environment I've had to.grow up in.

Thanks everyone, emk junior is doing well. Temper maintain 36.8-37.1and he had a good sleep last night. Now we are on the way to July baby bash. Haha this how a sttn diapers look like. Soak in 12 hour.. Very heavy, I think got at least 300g and of coz full of fragrance
ImageUploadedByForum1478917296.421762.jpg

@emk eyyy u went for the talk or cabut early? Sorry we scooted off cos got heavy mat and goodie bags to lug home! Didn't want to fight the crowd!

Was nice meeting you and @Sa_rahhhh , definitely have to do another playdate with just forum mummies! The bash too many ppl liow, overwhelmed!

My baby fall sleep on the stroller so we decide to go for the talk to let him sleep there haha but half way he cried then we faster come out and realize so many ppl left already.. Yeah let's have another playmate :)

Wah, that's a lot of milk supply and milk bath sound so nourishing for the skin.

@snowfern, @emk, @Sa_rahhhh must be fun and interesting over there but sure super a lot of people one. Hope one day I can have a change to meet you all.

Unable to post anything yesterday cos previous night baby Erin do not why she dun want to slp long after her feed this I did not get any rest. Her last morning feed was 5.30am and cannot put her to deep sleep at all. My pumping also delayed until my MIL help me to carry her at 8am while I go pump out then waited for my auntie to come my place and I passed baby Erin to her. Took my breakfast and then finally I can some 1 hr plus rest. And for the first time at night, baby Erin slp in her play yard.

We then realize that she is always crying because she is hungry so has increase to 90ml. I managed to latch her using football position for 30mins and after that she slept through from 10pm until 1.30am. My husband woke her up to feed 90ml and she went back to slp again. Now, she got up becos she poo poo and I put her back to slp while I going to pump milk out.

Oh, my baby make loud noise when she poo poo. Like a combination of fart and poo. Is normal right? Cause this it the first time I hear baby poo so loud.

@snowfern and @emk great meeting both of you! And yes definitely need to have another play date so that our babies have time to interact as well!~ :p

@Evafantasy just a curious one, notice that you mention waking Baby Erin up for feeding? Is there a reason? :) I was thinking if she can sleep through, then it's alright :) she will cry if she's really hungry.

Anyway, try to get as much rest as possible whenever you can. And latch more, practice makes perfect. So sooner or later your girl will be very good at it :)

About the poo poo sound, yes my boy will make a lot of noise too. Fart and poo together lol~ I see it as a good way since he's giving out wind at the same time :rolleyes:

Hello! I feel a growth spurt coming along. Firstly, baby is forever hungry. Next, instead of the usual waking hours at night, frequency somehow increased to once every 1-1.5hr.

My leftover yield is barely over 100ml now hahaha. And she latch damn long.

@KWL sounds like it! Bubbles also twice this week wake 2hrly for snackbreak when she has been consistently sleeping 4-5 -> 3-4 hrs nighttime...

@emk u camping for the new releases ah!

Yesterday, after a hectic weekend of bash, aunt bday, checking new flat for defects..bubbles kept on crying or screaming in her sleep. Think really overstimulated liow!

@snowfern Haha no la look like Tula wc too soft and lesser support on shoulder. Plan to get their canvas type. Saturday I get to touch touch on Lenny lamb too, very soft but shoulder seems less support.

@snowfern Ian is overstimulated from Saturday's event too. OMG!! He didn't sleep much after the bash, and right after it was a wedding dinner. The live band is like right in front of us so it was too LOUD for him. Finally managed to coax him to sleep. But the time he's home already 11. The next morning we woke him up around 7am to prepare to go my mum's house. The moment we reached, he cried like nobody business. :confused::(

My mum nagged at me for bringing BB to wedding. She said next time very hard to 带 BB one, and I'll suffer cause he will be very fussy. Got such saying one meh? :eek:

@snowfern Ian is overstimulated from Saturday's event too. OMG!! He didn't sleep much after the bash, and right after it was a wedding dinner. The live band is like right in front of us so it was too LOUD for him. Finally managed to coax him to sleep. But the time he's home already 11. The next morning we woke him up around 7am to prepare to go my mum's house. The moment we reached, he cried like nobody business. :confused::(

My mum nagged at me for bringing BB to wedding. She said next time very hard to 带 BB one, and I'll suffer cause he will be very fussy. Got such saying one meh? :eek:
Wah! I only hear before must repeat exposure to ppl, like bring to parks, shopping centre etc so that that won't scared stranger and be acclimatized to social gatherings.

Kept hearing it all this past weekend cos bubbles kept pouting on verge of tears when adults around her try to play w her. But she ok w babies! Maybe ur mum scared of taking care of a fussy baby just trying to scare u haha

Talking about playing with babies. Over the weekend my gal had the chance to meet babies (as little as 4 mo) and my niece and nephew who are 2.5yo. She loves it! Keep smiling and talking away. Then whatever the babies do, she observes them with intensity.

With adults she is ok but not as super happy :p

Talking about playing with babies. Over the weekend my gal had the chance to meet babies (as little as 4 mo) and my niece and nephew who are 2.5yo. She loves it! Keep smiling and talking away. Then whatever the babies do, she observes them with intensity.

With adults she is ok but not as super happy :p
Ya lor! I find it so interesting! Maybe our size is daunting to them haha.

Back