2016/07 July babies

@candymoshi Not sure you know about this place that sells baby stuff at Balestier Point. They always have sales during the weekends. Went down once and managed to get some cheap rompers (3 for $10) and the material is very soft and airy.

You might want to go down and see cause I saw quite a lot of baby to toddlers clothing.

https://www.facebook.com/babyexpo88/?fref=ts
I always feel like going but out of the way, and I read many mummy complain they sell fake parklon etc. But I think for cheap clothing is ok ba...just don't buy big ticket item cos no warranty. They organizing clearance sale at expo from.Nov 18-20th also

And ya the meet up was nice, more a chitchat & makan session cos I was soooo hungry wound up didn't try any but touched a few diff material to see the difference, and learn what might be a suitable stronger material for when bubbles gets too heavy for my current wrap...interesting will definitely go for more!

How's mummies here? Especially for those whom have started work, it's TGIF akan datang!

I think I'm officially off bm. The last time I pumped (and very little output) was like 5days ago. I no longer feel my breasts hard nor a need to clear. I still comfort latch my baby but she also hardly asks for one now. Sometime not even once in a day.

Perhaps I'll see my menses come soon. If it's god's will, we hope to have #2 in the pipeline.

Anyone planning for the next soon? :p

How's mummies here? Especially for those whom have started work, it's TGIF akan datang!

I think I'm officially off bm. The last time I pumped (and very little output) was like 5days ago. I no longer feel my breasts hard nor a need to clear. I still comfort latch my baby but she also hardly asks for one now. Sometime not even once in a day.

Perhaps I'll see my menses come soon. If it's god's will, we hope to have #2 in the pipeline.

Anyone planning for the next soon? :p

You are very brave. Good luck to u. do share your good news with us soon!

I am only returning to work next Monday. Already packed big bag small bag and baby bag Liao. Feels like I am bringing half the house out. I am carrying office laptop and a whole lot of pumping accessories. I hope I can survive the car ride withbaby cos she hasn't been taken any car rides with me alone for two to three weeks.

I am actually looking forward to working. I even ordered some pastries to be delivered to office to ownself celebrate my official return. I think I am mad.

Maybe all the good mood, support from boss and colleague and preparations were all done swee swee, I feel that my milk has increased.

@redvel haha you so fast plan to have no 2, my c sec wound still pain so don't think can plan for no 2 so soon haha.. And I told my hub if I ever have no2, I want 2 months cl because I highly likely to have c sec again and my body will take longer time to recover.

@redvel You're brave! HAHA~ Actually i kinda miss my bump. Nowadays when I'm driving to work, I will sort of 不知觉 go touch my tummy. When pregnant, I always talk to my boy when driving to and fro so that my journey won't be so lonely.

#2, maybe shall wait till he's 2 years old? If not I don't know if I can cope well.

Tell us if you have any good news! :p:p:p

Haha it took me years to have #1. And my age can't wait... can have #2 is a super miracle as well.

Indeed I miss everything about pregnancy and witnessing the presence of a new life. I will do everything over again in a blink. But xibeh tired la.

TGIF enjoy mummies!

Can get it opp bugis guan yin temple, they sell in pack (6pcs/pk) for $12, got it before baby born and still can wear it now.
I'll check it out soon. My gal is running out of it because i now have two homes to run and IFC also needs some extras. Thanks!

P_20161104_105422.jpg
P_20161104_110137.jpg
P_20161104_110245.jpg

P_20161104_114047.jpg

JL closing sale:

Bubbles as usual showed no interest in toys, guess she was distracted by hunger. As usual, spent more time in nursing room than shopping, otw home liow sheck.

Today did a no-frills DIY. Nothing compared to snowfern's level. Hahaha. Basically to recycle bread tags as label for breast milk so that it is easy for my mum to retrieve. Big enough for her to see too.

Just nice bread tags got 7 different colours based on the day of manufacturing.

IMG_1355.JPG

When do u all wear pants and shorts for the little ones? Please enlighten this first time mum.

Mine is forever in onesie. Hahaha cos lazy mum finds it troublesome to change diapers.

Also, I lost touch with Singapore's current education system. Long long time ago, I only remembered attending kindergarten, pre-primary then primary, secondary, tertiary. Now got many many patterns like pre-schools right?

Can also enlighten me when I need to send my little one to school? Maybe those that lasts only a few hours a day. And since she will be at my mum's place most of the time, can I enrol her in pre-schools near my mum place? Or is it as stringent as primary school where enrollment must be within 2km(?) from own house?

When do u all wear pants and shorts for the little ones? Please enlighten this first time mum.

Mine is forever in onesie. Hahaha cos lazy mum finds it troublesome to change diapers.
Mine also, but I layer long pants on lately cos sleep in air con + fan. And she like to kick away the blanket. Is troublesome, but at night only need change when she wake to snack, so ok lor. Maybe should have bought those long pants onesies, she only has 1 set and outgrowing it liow.....

Also, I lost touch with Singapore's current education system. Long long time ago, I only remembered attending kindergarten, pre-primary then primary, secondary, tertiary. Now got many many patterns like pre-schools right?

Can also enlighten me when I need to send my little one to school? Maybe those that lasts only a few hours a day. And since she will be at my mum's place most of the time, can I enrol her in pre-schools near my mum place? Or is it as stringent as primary school where enrollment must be within 2km(?) from own house?
I also keen to know. I only know now pre-pre-school also got different type ones, basic and atas and private atas...gotta ask my SIL this, she is the one who told me.....

Mine also, but I layer long pants on lately cos sleep in air con + fan. And she like to kick away the blanket. Is troublesome, but at night only need change when she wake to snack, so ok lor. Maybe should have bought those long pants onesies, she only has 1 set and outgrowing it liow.....

I bought zip swaddles. She can never kick off her blanket this way. Hahaha. But then I see a worm tickinng anti-clockwise every night.

I bought zip swaddles. She can never kick off her blanket this way. Hahaha. But then I see a worm tickinng anti-clockwise every night.
Yahaha she also wriggles a lot...but since she already started sleeping on her sides with greater frequency I decided not to swaddle her anymore. Was damn tempted still when I saw those woombie swaddles on sale today.....

Kindergartens start from N1 (in the year child turns 3), N2, then K1, K2 and primary 1 etc. I started sending from N2 as i felt N1 a bit too young, wanted to build a stronger immunity system first, and also because N1 is mainly playing and social interaction, not much of lessons, if any at all. Some have 豆豆班which start even earlier, just a couple of hrs each day.
Can send to anywhere you like as long as you can get a place. Those "branded" ones like St. James Church Kindergarten have long waiting list.
I will send from N2 (ie yr 2020) for this one also.

Tuna do U know why St James church kindergarten so popular ? I first time heard of this name leh .. Omg.. I'm very outdated too

My baby finally found his fingers and toes haha.. Now he likes to open up his finger like a kallang waves start from his thumb.. Then slowly close it back into fist. He also like to use his right hand to grab on his left thumb. When I carry him upright , he will straighten his leg and look at his toes, then start to open up toes , can see the gap between each toe then close it up again.
ImageUploadedByForum1478271380.387963.jpg

My baby finally found his fingers and toes haha.. Now he likes to open up his finger like a kallang waves start from his thumb.. Then slowly close it back into fist. He also like to use his right hand to grab on his left thumb. When I carry him upright , he will straighten his leg and look at his toes, then start to open up toes , can see the gap between each toe then close it up again. View attachment 663549
Haha! He is the one who suck fingers very rocker kuan right??

Bubbles also recently discovered her toes! But she only stare and slowly eyes get wider and wider,.wiggle foot a bit eyes follow, then continue chuk her hands XD

I managed to capture a bit of her flipping book but this is she pekcek cos I never open book properly lol. I scared drop the book on her!!! See she so greedy try to chuk both hands at same.time some more Haiz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMYWDJ0BVrN5CfZYr4rJr3ICwG9n5j1s5I0FvQ0/

Me also quite clueless. How I wish I can only send my kid to kindergarten for a start at age 6, like I did.
Still can right? I feel like homeschooling her till pri sch but I scared she socially awkward like her parents....plus by all accounts i am probably on the spectrum so I'm very worried about her social development....

Tuna do U know why St James church kindergarten so popular ? I first time heard of this name leh .. Omg.. I'm very outdated too
I think the school compounds have a rustic feel, like very close to nature. Read in papers before, when the location was to be taken by govt for development and many parents signed petition because they felt it was a pity for school to have to relocate. Think the school fees also :eek: type one, but maybe the teachers and programs are super.

Still can right? I feel like homeschooling her till pri sch but I scared she socially awkward like her parents....plus by all accounts i am probably on the spectrum so I'm very worried about her social development....
Don't get any vibes of you being on the spectrum, not at all, so don't worry yourself about bubbles' social development. Think being around kids is good for them, learning to share, interact etc that kind of thing. Plus it's good for us to be away from them while they terrorize the teachers for a change, mwahahaha!!
Wa, homeschooling seems such a heavy responsibility, unless you plan to have that kind of learn-as-you-travel-around-in-a-yatch life like that sg actor and actress, darren Lee/lim (think i got the name wrong) and Evelyn tan + 4 kids.

Kindergartens start from N1 (in the year child turns 3), N2, then K1, K2 and primary 1 etc. I started sending from N2 as i felt N1 a bit too young, wanted to build a stronger immunity system first, and also because N1 is mainly playing and social interaction, not much of lessons, if any at all. Some have 豆豆班which start even earlier, just a couple of hrs each day.
Can send to anywhere you like as long as you can get a place. Those "branded" ones like St. James Church Kindergarten have long waiting list.
I will send from N2 (ie yr 2020) for this one also.
Wah. Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I had been thinking of sending her to some early play classes just so she gets some exposure - both to build immunity and social skills. Cos otherwise it's just me staring at her. Like everyday I dunno how to play w her, only know how to chat or read at her...

Don't get any vibes of you being on the spectrum, not at all, so don't worry yourself about bubbles' social development. Think being around kids is good for them, learning to share, interact etc that kind of thing. Plus it's good for us to be away from them while they terrorize the teachers for a change, mwahahaha!!
Wa, homeschooling seems such a heavy responsibility, unless you plan to have that kind of learn-as-you-travel-around-in-a-yatch life like that sg actor and actress, darren Lee/lim (think i got the name wrong) and Evelyn tan + 4 kids.
I've had social problems since ....forever lol. Pri sch always parents kena call down for limteh sessions. Especially regarding my mutism. Surprised? :) so was my mom, she told the nun (convent girl here haha) she couldn't shut me up at home! Haha! It was selective.

I only started real social interaction in sec 3, after I figured out most of the unspoken rules. My mother bought Allan Pease's "Body Language" to help me express myself and interpret social cues. I was around pri 2 when I read it.

It's easier for me.to.interact online, even so I am often dubbed "the conversation killer". I've become a lot less bothered by that now that calluses have grown on my thick skin from countless faux pas.

And I seriously hope she doesn't have to go through the sort of alienation I felt growing up. Good thing my family insisted there was nothing wrong with me, as it had been suggested I be placed in a school for special needs kids. And that I have siblings and grew up close with my.cousins, who accepted my quirks and all.

As for homeschooling, I guess it might have to be an option if she were finding.difficulty with the mainstream schooling system, as I did. It's just not suited for everyone, and I had a really rough time in pri and sec school.

Thanks again tuna for enlightening us. Really lost touch with such things. Last time kindergarten then learn ABC, 123. Now everything being brought forward. So home schooling is really tough unless u know the syllabus well. Otherwise, ur kid will have a hard time catching up once they go to Pri school.

On breastmilk storage, I am running out of space in my freezer again! I don't have enough space to store my breast milk and ice packs flat. How ah? Got any hacks for me?

Paging for @snowfern creativity

On breastmilk storage, I am running out of space in my freezer again! I don't have enough space to store my breast milk and ice packs flat. How ah? Got any hacks for me?

Paging for @snowfern creativity
Adoi I dun even freeze that much..only keep rotating stash of 6 , 180ml as buffer...expiring ones give hubby for milk bath wo.

But I know some mummies buy file holders/organizers. Me ley, daiso box lor, what else HAHAHA. Hubby chinchye find one for me, I told him to take a storage bag w him and this was the best fit for the little space I chope in the freezer. MIL does most of the cooking and marketing and it's difficult to expect her to understand why I cannot put the milk next to raw meat. So I gave up and stuck a plastic bag of my baking ingredients to separate the food from the milk.

Side note: quite annoyed to find the milk bag I last froze had been shifted.by my MIL :( Haiz. Sengek liow....

P_20161105_093453.jpg
P_20161105_093508.jpg
P_20161105_093547.jpg

The only "hack" I have is I used whatever was flattest and at hand hahaha!

@KWL - can store in ikea large ziploc bag, 5-6 packs per bag. With this, u can just squeeze in whatever space you can find in freezer.

Haha! He is the one who suck fingers very rocker kuan right??

Bubbles also recently discovered her toes! But she only stare and slowly eyes get wider and wider,.wiggle foot a bit eyes follow, then continue chuk her hands XD

I managed to capture a bit of her flipping book but this is she pekcek cos I never open book properly lol. I scared drop the book on her!!! See she so greedy try to chuk both hands at same.time some more Haiz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMYWDJ0BVrN5CfZYr4rJr3ICwG9n5j1s5I0FvQ0/
Haha u still remember, yeah he is the one suck fingers in rocker way and he still doing it.. He fav way to soothe himself. I try giving him avent pacifier but he dislike it, puke it out so far.. Then I bought nuk pacifier, he did the same too.. Give up.. Let my mum go try her luck since she advice me to give pacifier to reduce the saliva on his face so won't have eczema.

Wow envy u all .. Can store milk. My fridge very empty leh as I don't cook, too bad my breast 不争气.. Haha

I don't store any frozen meat in the fridge cos we only cook vegan stuff when we are home. Second last drawer are vegan/ soy stuff so I guess we are safe.

@tuna yes I adopted best practices to store BM in ziplock bags. Abt 10-12 bags of BM per freezer bag. But still... I maximize until cannot Liao. Now left the last bottom drawer that is currently empty. Once that is filled, I won't have a working space to freeze new packets and ice packs. Even that space now doesn't give me sufficient space to place 4xfridge to go ice panel and 2x extra ice packs and 2 x BM to freeze

Hubby doesn't allow me to buy chest freezer. Any suggestions on how I can optimize space?

IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG

I don't store any frozen meat in the fridge cos we only cook vegan stuff when we are home. Second last drawer are vegan/ soy stuff so I guess we are safe.

@tuna yes I adopted best practices to store BM in ziplock bags. Abt 10-12 bags of BM per freezer bag. But still... I maximize until cannot Liao. Now left the last bottom drawer that is currently empty. Once that is filled, I won't have a working space to freeze new packets and ice packs. Even that space now doesn't give me sufficient space to place 4xfridge to go ice panel and 2x extra ice packs and 2 x BM to freeze

Hubby doesn't allow me to buy chest freezer. Any suggestions on how I can optimize space?

View attachment 663613
View attachment 663614
Wah! U already optimize what! The only space is that shelf u lay the packs flat on, I guess u could simply get a daiso rack and freeze flat packs on/under it, remaining space for.more frozen packs.

Perhaps you would like to start a new rotation, FIFO system, that way your bub gets "fresher" milk and you won't have to worry about it expiring....or start handing off packets to main caregiver for them to store lor.

Reactions: KWL

Wah! U already optimize what! The only space is that shelf u lay the packs flat on, I guess u could simply get a daiso rack and freeze flat packs on/under it, remaining space for.more frozen packs.

Perhaps you would like to start a new rotation, FIFO system, that way your bub gets "fresher" milk and you won't have to worry about it expiring....or start handing off packets to main caregiver for them to store lor.

Will explore racks for that shelf!

I haven't started FIFO at all because little one is drinking pretty fresh milk thru direct latching and chilled milk (1 bottle feed/ day). She has only drank frozen milk once cos I wanted to know if she can take it anot. That was about 1.5mths back come to think about it.

Next week I shall get my mum to open up one packet of frozen milk everyday. Otherwise will expire soon. It's 3 mth expiry, right? Currently set temp as -19 degree

Back