(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

So u put 2 tsp of baking soda into your urine, wait for it to fizzle or not. Mine fizzled - meaning boy. Did the test 3 times on different days. Calendar also said it's a boy. But it could just be a coincidence. Some YouTubers claimed it's accurate too. U can Google videos just for the fun of it. :)

Sounds interesting :D tks for sharing.

wah thats so fast... cos sonographer / doc usually dont want to commit so earlier as it may change... mine was known at dunno 4th or 5th mth.

Despite the anti-vomit med & gastric med..still vomiting.nurse suggest I go A&E in case am dehydrated. Waiting to hear from them...

Ohhh... If really need to, go get it check out. Dehydration is serious. Hope you are able to keep some liquids down.

Pregnancy is so prone to sickness. I got severe ms that time at work. Somemore under so much pressure, felt very depressed.
There's nothing to be done except to pray that ms will be over soon.

U don't need to buy too much right as the age gap is so near. Can save on steriliser, stroller and baby clothes too if u keep them.
Books and toys can also be shared. :)
So nice and your boy will have companion closer to his age.
At least your boy is willing to sleep on the mattress, my gal like to squeeze in between us and both of us are so big size :confused:
Yup! Actually I get most of my stuff from my sis. She has 1 boy and 1 gal so covers everything and she is such a hoarder so she kept all their stuff and all ready to pass it on. It does save me quite a lot of money.
Yeah I am hoping for a gal but as long as healthy I don't mind. At my age I do fret over the oscar test as the maternal age is used to calculate the probability.

Yup! Actually I get most of my stuff from my sis. She has 1 boy and 1 gal so covers everything and she is such a hoarder so she kept all their stuff and all ready to pass it on. It does save me quite a lot of money.
Yeah I am hoping for a gal but as long as healthy I don't mind. At my age I do fret over the oscar test as the maternal age is used to calculate the probability.
That's so good ... I try to get as less stuff as possible (save $ and avoid wastage) but the LG playmate is a good investment, I still kept it till now since my gal is a toddler. Nowadays she still play on the mat ... will let bb roll there too :)

When is your oscar test? They hasn't fix my appointment too. Dr Chua say need to be within the next 10 day.

That's so good ... I try to get as less stuff as possible (save $ and avoid wastage) but the LG playmate is a good investment, I still kept it till now since my gal is a toddler. Nowadays she still play on the mat ... will let bb roll there too :)

When is your oscar test? They hasn't fix my appointment too. Dr Chua say need to be within the next 10 day.

hi ladies! congrats on your pregnancies! I'm about 7 weeks at this point and still researching over gynae. Seems like really have to book early - contacted one that was recommended at TMC and she is already fully booked for Aug! How disappointing.
Does anyone have a good one to recommend for KKH? I prefer a female gynae. Thank you in advance!

hi ladies! congrats on your pregnancies! I'm about 7 weeks at this point and still researching over gynae. Seems like really have to book early - contacted one that was recommended at TMC and she is already fully booked for Aug! How disappointing.
Does anyone have a good one to recommend for KKH? I prefer a female gynae. Thank you in advance!

Have u tried Dr Jocelyn Wong or Dr Caroline Khi in ACJ clinic?

For kkh so far, I am seeing male gynae :)

Thanks sane! I'll look them up. Heard that KKH is the most prepared in terms of operating table in case anything goes wrong. Should that be a key factor for hospital selection?

Thanks sane! I'll look them up. Heard that KKH is the most prepared in terms of operating table in case anything goes wrong. Should that be a key factor for hospital selection?
My gal is delivered by Dr Jocelyn Wong, she is a very good female gynae. I heard Caroline is equally good too.
As for facilities wise, I am more comfortable with kk.
Just like when the sac couldn't be detected during my first scan, they arranged me with the sonagrapher for detailed scan even on a weekend evening and I am comfortable with my current gynae too. :)

I think it is one of the factors cos ultimately you have to be comfy with the gynae.
My friend is a doc there ( but i din go cos he is there) said that kkh is even better than world standard in terms of responding to emergencies. 9 mins to respond to an emergency. So i guess it is a plus factor!

I'm in my 6th week but I have zero symptoms at all. Not even tender breasts. Except that I felt sleepy most of the time, otherwise I'm perfectly normal. After my hospitalisation due to high fever & kidney infection, I don't feel anything different with my body condition. Sometimes I'm wondering if I'm really preggy. Praying hard for the next gynae visit to be well & smooth. Hoping for the little flickering heart beat to appear next week

Good luck, try not to fret! I had no symptoms too, until my 7th week, and even the symptoms are mild compared to what a lot of these mummies are saying :)

Good luck, try not to fret! I had no symptoms too, until my 7th week, and even the symptoms are mild compared to what a lot of these mummies are saying :)
True. My first preg i had very little symptoms too. Only 1 episode of vomitting and diarrhea which is not even pregnancy related. But I developed dizzy spells towards end of first tri. Otherwise peaceful. I do wonder whether age plays a part. This time round much tougher.

Hi, facing the same problem too at work. Either too tired or gagging. But at least have not vomited outright in front of cols yet. Sometimes I take sweets to try and soothe the nausea but not exactly v useful. How about trying sour plum? Or you can consider using sea bands? I bought a pair recently from guardian n it seems to curb my nausea abit but now i dare not wear because MS suddenly improved, i also feel worried.

Sea band? Helpful? Is it supposed to be safe for pregnancy? I dun mind trying. Cos work was hell today. Totally cannot concentrate..
i tried sour plum all these.. doesnt help.. but i think im more into sweet stuff..

Gynae will do for u. Cos it's just blood test. Im probably opting for harmony too. Higher accuracy

So if i opt for harmony test i can skip oscar test? But last week when i visited my gynae, he told me to do oscar test first. If result not good then do harmony test. So i ask if i could just do harmony. He suggest better not.. because harmony and oscar have certain test that are diff? Pardon me if im wrong. But this is what i understand from the gynae.

23rd jan. Last time my boy test was not good so they ordered a more detailed scan for the heart at week 15. In the end turned out alright.

So if i opt for harmony test i can skip oscar test? But last week when i visited my gynae, he told me to do oscar test first. If result not good then do harmony test. So i ask if i could just do harmony. He suggest better not.. because harmony and oscar have certain test that are diff? Pardon me if im wrong. But this is what i understand from the gynae.
From what i read harmony is checking for chromosome defects while oscar screens for development abnormalities too.

Sea band? Helpful? Is it supposed to be safe for pregnancy? I dun mind trying. Cos work was hell today. Totally cannot concentrate..
i tried sour plum all these.. doesnt help.. but i think im more into sweet stuff..

It seems to work abit for me, like not so nausea, may still feel abit but wont gag that much. I read the instructions that It is safe because it is drug-free, it works on pressing against this acupuncture point on our wrist. I seen some ladies tried before so I also try but some said useful, some said soso.

Mild dehydrat
Ohhh... If really need to, go get it check out. Dehydration is serious. Hope you are able to keep some liquids down.
Mild dehydration.at Nuh a&E observation ward waiting for blood test results see if need to b on med boh. Gosh..nearly 4hr to see doc n now in ward yet IV drip not here yet :(

from wat i know, oscar is also about probability based on ur age to calculate. so some mothers might get a high risk jus becos they are older. whereas harmony result is directly based on ur blood test n test on chromosome. i think if me i will skip oscar n directly to Harmony test

Mild dehydrat

Mild dehydration.at Nuh a&E observation ward waiting for blood test results see if need to b on med boh. Gosh..nearly 4hr to see doc n now in ward yet IV drip not here yet :(

That is really long wait. Try to take a rest if you can. Need alot of rest abd dont over-exert yourself.

23rd jan. Last time my boy test was not good so they ordered a more detailed scan for the heart at week 15. In the end turned out alright.

They fixed a date for u on the spot? They say they will call me but I was wondering what takes them so long.

Thanks goodness, sometimes false alarm can really trigger a heart attack.

Oh no. .hope u r fine. Why not just go to kk O&G, don't need to wait for soooooo long.

Pray that all mummies will end the MS soon and enjoy a smooth pregnancy.

My bestie say she enjoy being pregnancy till childbirth and I really thought that she is mad!!!

Hi,

Good to see many mummies here! I just confirmed my pregnancy 2 days ago at the gynae and my EDD is 7 Aug 2014 and it will be my #2!
MS had been pretty bad for me this time round :( didn't had any MS for my #1.

Hi,

Good to see many mummies here! I just confirmed my pregnancy 2 days ago at the gynae and my EDD is 7 Aug 2014 and it will be my #2!
MS had been pretty bad for me this time round :( didn't had any MS for my #1.

Congrats. We r all suffering from MS here :(
Till now I m still tossing around cause I felt so nausea and bloated.

Seeking solace here with mummies in the same phlight.

My first pregnancy is the same. I have no symptoms at all. I went 2 holidays during my first trimester, eat whatever I want & never once felt indifferent. The only symptom I got was sore breast which happened around week 7. Until now, I feel nothing happening to my body. I know I sound crazy but sometimes I hope I do get some symptoms so that I feel more rest assured. My hubby often forgets I'm pregnant, I do all the housework & carry my girl around. Maybe I shld act like I have MS so that he can relief my duties? Hehe

That is really long wait. Try to take a rest if you can. Need alot of rest abd dont over-exert yourself.
Thx dear...still here, just finish a liter drip. Was on antacid, some anti gag IV, another dose of anti nauseous IV & drip.feeling Hungry!
First time I took milo n bread without vomit!
Not able to zzzz..too much happenings here. Glad d urine result ok,no kidney infection etc except for high blood count but Prob due to the excessive vomit

They fixed a date for u on the spot? They say they will call me but I was wondering what takes them so long.

Oh no. .hope u r fine. Why not just go to kk O&G, don't need to wait for soooooo long.

My bestie say she enjoy being pregnancy till childbirth and I really thought that she is mad!!!
Same,ohh,my medical record are with Nuh plus didn't expect such a long wait.aiyih they should hv just put me on drip right away. The doc wana do without if not for the 1x vomit after all d anti nauseous med infusion.
Ha, ure friend enjoying being a queen, pampered by the hubb right :)

ah just seen doc and edd is 4 sep.. lol.. no sep thread yet. but I think I will pop in august. for my no 1, I pop at 37 weeks.

Thx dear...still here, just finish a liter drip. Was on antacid, some anti gag IV, another dose of anti nauseous IV & drip.feeling Hungry!
First time I took milo n bread without vomit!
Not able to zzzz..too much happenings here. Glad d urine result ok,no kidney infection etc except for high blood count but Prob due to the excessive vomit

Glad that at least you can take some food without vomitting. Hopefully you get into better shape and get discharged soon.

My MS really getting worse. Last night while brushing teeth, my dinner came out as it was. Sigh. So depressing n worrying.

Really hope all of us will end MS soon...

My first pregnancy is the same. I have no symptoms at all. I went 2 holidays during my first trimester, eat whatever I want & never once felt indifferent. The only symptom I got was sore breast which happened around week 7. Until now, I feel nothing happening to my body. I know I sound crazy but sometimes I hope I do get some symptoms so that I feel more rest assured. My hubby often forgets I'm pregnant, I do all the housework & carry my girl around. Maybe I shld act like I have MS so that he can relief my duties? Hehe

Understand your concern. When I had a tiny break from MS, I was worried sick too. It is really a dilemma for us. If we feel sick, we kind of wish it get better and stop. But yet if we don't feel sick, it seems empty and there is no assurance.

Another day of the week.. nowadays keep feeling v sleepy.. really cannot start engine at work. How do u all keep yourself alert during work? I can really sleep whole day during early stage of preg.

Hi Purpless. Oscar and Harmony are definitely different tests. Oscar is based on probability which means if u get 1:200 you will still have a 1 chance of Downs out of 200 pregnancies. By then you will have to decide if u want to take a further test to determine the result. Most gynaes will recommend a CVS or Amniocentesis which are invasive tests but gives u almost 100% results. They both carry a risk of miscarriage due to their invasive methods.

Harmony test is a newer non invasive test that gives u 99.99% result. It's almost foolproof so u don't need to worry. Last year they quoted me 2-3k I understand it has dropped to 1.2k to 1.5k this year as the technology stabilizes.

Jts. My friend spent closed to 10k on the tests because of Oscar and amniocentesis and all other blood tests at TMC in 2013. Their conclusion is that if u have made a decision to test go for the one that will give u a straightforward result. Their Oscar results had given them nightmares so after all the stress they found out the money was not so well spent...

Yesterday went for my 9 weeks scan. Babies are doing great, but not so much for the mummy. I was placed on iv drip with vitamins due to mild dehydration too. My official edd is 11 August, but might be a month earlier because it's twins. Waiting for ms to tone down, hopefully by week 12.

When he went thru w me, he said they both test the 3 types of trisomies. That's why he asks me to choose one. Harmony only adds the gender chrosome. Maybe ur gynae thought of saving money for u.

Hi all.. im also having a Aug 2015 baby.. EDD shld be 15 Aug as given by KKH.. This is my #3.. #2 just turned 1.. :) Nice to noe all mommies here..

i went to the antenatal monitoring center to get an appt so i guess that is why so fast.

Yesterday went for my 9 weeks scan. Babies are doing great, but not so much for the mummy. I was placed on iv drip with vitamins due to mild dehydration too. My official edd is 11 August, but might be a month earlier because it's twins. Waiting for ms to tone down, hopefully by week 12.
Yeah twins are early. I am a twin and i heard when we were born we were so small at 1.5kg. Spent one month in hospital. Growing up with a twin is fun though. Always have a best friend. But a lot of work for parents...

i went to the antenatal monitoring center to get an appt so i guess that is why so fast.
They just called me today, got a date on the 09 Jan 1030am. AMC level 1 ... heehee ...
Hopefully can sneak a glance of the gender
So nice to have a twin sister. I always wish that I have one or at least a sister.

I'm down with fever, cough and runny nose since Sat nite (1 after another). Felt really sick to be down. :-( Understand need to drink lotsa warm/hot water but water taste really awful. Now trying to add lemon slices to the water I drink. Managed to drink more but the aftertaste in the mouth still make me wanna puke. :-(

Back