(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Me too, still searching for it... Maybe when MS is over, we still have not found it... haha.
But I realised when I am back at work, usually lunchtime, will be abit better, like MS suddenly will put on hold awhile so that I can eat normally in front of colleagues though during other parts of the working day, I will be gagging. I just hope can try to hide from colleagues till after first trimester.
I have two colleagues who asked already... so pretty soon i think the news will be out.

Does your tummy become bigger by now? I think #2 shown faster... Im almost 10weeks and my colleagues already noticed my baby bump... Cant hide at all especially after meals looks like 4-5mths when i was having my #1

For lunch and dinner food, you all can eat the entire portion? I can only eat like a baby, maybe 1/5 of the normal portion, really no appetite, but have to eat cos gastric juice is burning. Have anyone tried the green apple juice suggested by jayjtan's friend?

I read yesterday about the Ramzi's Method of determining the gender of the baby as early as 6 weeks on your first ultrasound. It sounds very interesting and it's supposed to be 97% accurate. It all lies in the placement of your placenta. If it's on your right, it's a boy and on your left it's a girl!

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderpredictions1/ss/Ramzis-Method-To-Determine-Fetal-Gender.htm

I can't read ultrasounds unfortunately but it's harmless to ask your doctor on your next ultrasound scan!

I've tried to google to see how you can figure it out... but it's all looks the same to me!

I have two colleagues who asked already... so pretty soon i think the news will be out.

Did you admit when they ask? I heard that if people ask then can just admit, don't deny.
No one asked me yet because I all along have abit of tummy de then got some other kaypoh aunties from other departments last time asked before and I was abit pissed so I think my closer colleagues don't dare to ask liao... hehe... Somemore I think they don't expect me to be preggie ba since it took me awhile.

For lunch and dinner food, you all can eat the entire portion? I can only eat like a baby, maybe 1/5 of the normal portion, really no appetite, but have to eat cos gastric juice is burning. Have anyone tried the green apple juice suggested by jayjtan's friend?

Hi candencemum, if you really cannot finish, then don't force yourself. I think it is also normal that we will feel not v hungry during first tri, right? Either very hungry or not hungry. Just go with what feels good for your tummy. I think I will also just go with whatever food my stomach can take it, no matter healthy or not. I will try to go for healthier choices but if really cannot, it is better than feeling miserable.

I read yesterday about the Ramzi's Method of determining the gender of the baby as early as 6 weeks on your first ultrasound. It sounds very interesting and it's supposed to be 97% accurate. It all lies in the placement of your placenta. If it's on your right, it's a boy and on your left it's a girl!

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderpredictions1/ss/Ramzis-Method-To-Determine-Fetal-Gender.htm

I can't read ultrasounds unfortunately but it's harmless to ask your doctor on your next ultrasound scan!

I've tried to google to see how you can figure it out... but it's all looks the same to me!

Hi, I saw your post in another thread and tried to google. I cant tell also but from reviews, many people update that it is quite accurate. hehe.

I just satisfy my carvings at the newly opened sushi express @ Nex, $1 each plate. Sushi is fresh and I satisfied my carving of sashimi, 1 x salmon, 1 x tuna, is so yummy .... total of 22 plates for only $25... value for $$ _heehee

Attachments

• img1420616657850.jpg
    img1420616657850.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 182
I just satisfy my carvings at the newly opened sushi express @ Nex, $1 each plate. Sushi is fresh and I satisfied my carving of sashimi, 1 x salmon, 1 x tuna, is so yummy .... total of 22 plates for only $25... value for $$ _heehee

Are they cooked? I was craving for sushi for awhile but my gynae told me cannot take sashimi so that time I only took 1 crabmeat (cooked) and 1 tuna mayo.

Did you admit when they ask? I heard that if people ask then can just admit, don't deny.
No one asked me yet because I all along have abit of tummy de then got some other kaypoh aunties from other departments last time asked before and I was abit pissed so I think my closer colleagues don't dare to ask liao... hehe... Somemore I think they don't expect me to be preggie ba since it took me awhile.
I didn't deny lor. I just say cannot say yet haha which is an indirect answer lor. My take has always been if ppl ask then i won't deny cos they are concerned about me. And they are happy for me so it makes me feel happy too.

My tummy showing cos of bloatedness i think. Plus i am petite so even more obvious. One of them commented my tummy is showing. The other one say from behind can tell.... i was thinking so obvious meh?? But i happy cos hoping gal. Pple say if can tell from behind high chance haha

Hi candencemum, if you really cannot finish, then don't force yourself. I think it is also normal that we will feel not v hungry during first tri, right? Either very hungry or not hungry. Just go with what feels good for your tummy. I think I will also just go with whatever food my stomach can take it, no matter healthy or not. I will try to go for healthier choices but if really cannot, it is better than feeling miserable.
I also think just eat what u can stomach. Already so many things we have to tahan....

wah u really mk me crave for sashimi.. worse is i heard its $1each plate.. i stay in punggol. so we often dine in nex..:( so craving for salmon sashimi

I didn't deny lor. I just say cannot say yet haha which is an indirect answer lor. My take has always been if ppl ask then i won't deny cos they are concerned about me. And they are happy for me so it makes me feel happy too.

My tummy showing cos of bloatedness i think. Plus i am petite so even more obvious. One of them commented my tummy is showing. The other one say from behind can tell.... i was thinking so obvious meh?? But i happy cos hoping gal. Pple say if can tell from behind high chance haha

That is a good answer, i will use that if people ask me. Hope for you that your wish will come true!

I think most probably is bloatedness and that no2 shows earlier.

I also feel my tummy like showing liao. Lol.

I dare not anyhow eat sushi/sashimi. Only dare eat confirmed cooked ones and I only indulged two pieces.

Hi,

Good to see many mummies here! I just confirmed my pregnancy 2 days ago at the gynae and my EDD is 7 Aug 2014 and it will be my #2!
MS had been pretty bad for me this time round :( didn't had any MS for my #1.

every pregnancy is diff
#1 i no MS
#2 no mS but will vomit when bus/taxi jerky.
#3 vomit from week 6 till now :(

Yesterday went for my 9 weeks scan. Babies are doing great, but not so much for the mummy. I was placed on iv drip with vitamins due to mild dehydration too. My official edd is 11 August, but might be a month earlier because it's twins. Waiting for ms to tone down, hopefully by week 12.

i am carrying 1 inside i already wanna faint from tiredness and vomiting everyday
You Tc and must rest more as u are carrying 2 inside

Are you guys feeling the same.. Dread at the thought of eating - when u eat actually u feel fine - after eating, u feel there's a tornado in your tummy..
I think my ms is quite mild but I also can't take it :(
Hope all of us get to week 12 soon!

same here. i see food. i feel turn off. morning and lunch still ok. dinner i will skip sometimes. i so scare of eating dinner too. i always feel bloated and i cant sleep well :(

Tips from tmc shared by mr frd:
To ease ms, try GREEN apple juice.must be green. It adds nutrients to the baby too.
My frd tried & effective.i have yet to try..

Hope this helps for mtb suffering from ms

I think maybe it helps. I been having ms for past 2 weeks and it suddenly stopped today and im wondering why. Now u mentioned. I happened to have green apple juice during lunch today!! Lol. My ms usually starts in the noon and become super bad at evening.. lying on bed is as though living on ships.. rocky bed... but now i think im feeling quite managable.

same here. i see food. i feel turn off. morning and lunch still ok. dinner i will skip sometimes. i so scare of eating dinner too. i always feel bloated and i cant sleep well :(

Maybe you can try the green apple juice method too? Hope you will feel better soon. Unable to sleep well can be very tiring. Some nights, i will wake up a few times to pee too.

Are they cooked? I was craving for sushi for awhile but my gynae told me cannot take sashimi so that time I only took 1 crabmeat (cooked) and 1 tuna mayo.

My gynae didn't say cannot take sashimi and my tcm sensei also allow me to eat. Just that has to be fresh. Before that, I abstain from sashimi ever since we start family planning until it has become habit. I used to love salmon and swordfish sashimi. Now have to wait for appetite to be better. Oh well..

I hate to have MS, when if that particular day i happen not to have MS, or MS is milder compared to other day, then i will start to have 'worried' thinkings.. (Hope u ladies know wat i talking about) ..

Sometimes i will have abit of cramp & pain in the womb area.. Will start to worry also..

Haiz..

I hate to have MS, when if that particular day i happen not to have MS, or MS is milder compared to other day, then i will start to have 'worried' thinkings.. (Hope u ladies know wat i talking about) ..

Sometimes i will have abit of cramp & pain in the womb area.. Will start to worry also..

Haiz..
Cramps are common cos of expansion of uterus. Gynae mentioned it is normal so no need to worry. But i know what u mean by worrying. Me too.

Maybe you can try the green apple juice method too? Hope you will feel better soon. Unable to sleep well can be very tiring. Some nights, i will wake up a few times to pee too.
I don't sleep well too. Super light sleeper so get woken up by hubby snoring all the time. I always thought first tri we will be so tired we just sleep regardless of disturbances but not true.....

Yah, so i just indulged! Hehe, feel happier. :)

A new prata place just opened near my place and their prata soooo nice!!! I know not healthy but hmmm thinking of having it for supper! I have already eaten the egg prata 2 times since i found out its existence last week!!!

Try not to have too oily food..

Make congee or those plain porridge..

Go with salted veg or salted egg.. It helps for me when i have no appetite..

Cadence mum, I tried, but red apple.at least I manage keep my maggi me down thou feel nauseous still.but dinner...hmmm...blah out

That is a good answer, i will use that if people ask me. Hope for you that your wish will come true!

I think most probably is bloatedness and that no2 shows earlier.

I also feel my tummy like showing liao. Lol.

I dare not anyhow eat sushi/sashimi. Only dare eat confirmed cooked ones and I only indulged two pieces.
Cooked de okie.if strict speaking, mayo stuffs have to avoid too.
My first preg I finally gave in to 2pcs sashimi at trim 3 after my preg frd says her Gynae give green light of freshly prepared.

This round the ms was worse than when i was preggie with twins.
Dairy,deep fried, meaty or garlicky stuff cannot, even beehoon or rice if hv abit of smell oso cannot.weird thing is this lil beanie prefers soupy or malay food.
Usually after picking my twins i'll go to my parents place for dinner but these few days i went up while maid was still cooking then i puke like mad.
Super boring and i felt bad for my gals coz i couldn't spend much time with time.

A new prata place just opened near my place and their prata soooo nice!!! I know not healthy but hmmm thinking of having it for supper! I have already eaten the egg prata 2 times since i found out its existence last week!!!
Just eat whatever your tummy can stomach. It's a luxury to be able to eat :)

Actually can eat in small amount to satisfy craving but provided its prepared in a clean hygienic enviroment.
Else u will keep craving for it lor.hahaah

Actually can eat in small amount to satisfy craving but provided its prepared in a clean hygienic enviroment.
Else u will keep craving for it lor.hahaah
Actually I am thinking to have sushi tei Sunday..more for the wasabi & steal a few pcs of fresh sashimi..thou d hubb sure say no!

My gynae didn't say cannot take sashimi and my tcm sensei also allow me to eat. Just that has to be fresh. Before that, I abstain from sashimi ever since we start family planning until it has become habit. I used to love salmon and swordfish sashimi. Now have to wait for appetite to be better. Oh well..

I also read that actually sashimi can eat but must be fresh. Just that we never know how fresh it is in the shops and how strong our immunity is? I think my gynae is quite strict, i know most things she don't allow, other gynaes allow but my husband hears le strictly forbid me from eating/drinking. Like no caffeine during first trimester and no sashimi. I also dare not don't listen when hubby nags because afterall this is no.1, will be abit more kia-si. Lol.

Eat ba! As long as it makes you happy! Not everyday, should be okie plus eggs are good too! :)

Haiz..

Me also will feel worry when MS improves. But now I just try to ask myself not to worry, just focus on making myself feel better from MS. Dont worry, cramps are fine too. As long as no bleeding, it shud be okie. When I got stressed during early weeks, my stomach will cramp too. Try to relax, it may help. Jia you!

I also read that actually sashimi can eat but must be fresh. Just that we never know how fresh it is in the shops and how strong our immunity is? I think my gynae is quite strict, i know most things she don't allow, other gynaes allow but my husband hears le strictly forbid me from eating/drinking. Like no caffeine during first trimester and no sashimi. I also dare not don't listen when hubby nags because afterall this is no.1, will be abit more kia-si. Lol.
I heard from my friend who owns a jap place that some pregnant clients eat sashimi still. As long fresh no problem. Hmmm in singapore most places are ok? Maybe i wait for first tri to be over first. I still go to jap places and watch hubby eat. Satisfy from looking haha

True true, else u won't have the luxury to indulge during confinement
I look forward to confinement food too. Love pig trotters in black vinegar. Recently a neighbour is doing confinement. Keep smelling her black vinegar. Yum yum. But tcm says cannot eat vinegar.

Cooked de okie.if strict speaking, mayo stuffs have to avoid too.
My first preg I finally gave in to 2pcs sashimi at trim 3 after my preg frd says her Gynae give green light of freshly prepared.

Ohhh.. Can share why no mayo stuff?

Aiyo.. Later more things cant eat! Lol

I heard from my friend who owns a jap place that some pregnant clients eat sashimi still. As long fresh no problem. Hmmm in singapore most places are ok? Maybe i wait for first tri to be over first. I still go to jap places and watch hubby eat. Satisfy from looking haha

Yah, i agree that looking at someone eat also will be satisfied! I read from a blogger that in japan, ladies continue to eat sashimi even when they are pregnant. Just that the chef will take note and ensure everything is v fresh.

But though I know all these, i know i cannt convince my hubby. Unless i change gynae and another gynae gives green light. Lol.

Great that u found your comfort food :)
I still on the search for mine as it keeps changing..haha

I eat sooooo much n my friend just warned me not to eat soooo much, I put on 30kgs when I was expecting my gal :(

Nope. Uncooked. I eat only max 2 plates. If not i can chomp down 10 plates of sashimi easily and for sashimi, I only eat at restaurants. No roadside stall for me. Heehee. ...
Today sashimi is so fresh that it is so springy and colour looks great.

Cramps are common cos of expansion of uterus. Gynae mentioned it is normal so no need to worry. But i know what u mean by worrying. Me too.

Dr Han say the same thing too. He ask me to be mentally prepared for cramps.
I also think the baby bump is due to bloat. Somehow when u touch the tummy, is full of air like balloon. Haha..

My stomach feels bloated sometimes too.. I wan apply the 如意油 on my tummy, but my hubby ask me check with u ladies here.. Haha..

Can apply 如意油?hehehe...

& ya one more question.. i in my 8 weeks, but do not really have a baby bump yet.. & no gain weight also.. Is it normal???

Last edited:
Ohhh.. Can share why no mayo stuff?

Aiyo.. Later more things cant eat! Lol

No mayo because there's raw egg but I ate too with sashimi and fish roe.

My stomach feels bloated sometimes too.. I wan apply the 如意油 on my tummy, but my hubby as me check with u ladies here..

Can apply 如意油?hehehe...

& ya one more question.. i in my 8 weeks, but do not really have a baby bump yet.. & no gain weight also.. Is it normal???

Maybe u apply a moderate amount or just above the abdomen for slight comfort.
I believe in everything is alright as long as in moderate amount.
Actually I find it abnormal if we has a baby bump and gain weight too fast because our baby is only v small. The baby bump will grow rapidly only during the 3rd trimester.
I find with my hearty appetite, i m gaining too much weight now :(

I look forward to confinement food too. Love pig trotters in black vinegar. Recently a neighbour is doing confinement. Keep smelling her black vinegar. Yum yum. But tcm says cannot eat vinegar.

haha.. me too.. pig trotters in black vinegar is one of my fav dish. that time when my sis doing her confinement, her confinement lady cooked 1 big pot. n she serve me 1 bowl.. its so delicious:D

Back