(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Hi everyone! My #1 is born in may 2012, and I'm expecting #2, seeing Dr Benjamin Tham on the 18th for first visit... :) according to the nurse whom I called and did a calculation, I shld be 6 weeks now...

Nice to meet y'all! I'll try to keep up with the conversation too! ;)

I am seeing Dr Tham on 19th :)

Went gynae yst and he says bb only 0.8mm which is 4weeks old only. Today stands 2hrs for some meeting and I discover brown stain aft that. What should I do? I quickly cab hm and rest, I am so worry

Went gynae yst and he says bb only 0.8mm which is 4weeks old only. Today stands 2hrs for some meeting and I discover brown stain aft that. What should I do? I quickly cab hm and rest, I am so worry

Tc spotting is quite normal in 1st trimester. I rem i had spotting every now and then for my #1. Go tell gynae he/she will give some medicine

not sure but i always use peppermint on my head when i have headache. so i quickly went to wash it off. will go see dr for medicine tmr since Dr Tham appt still got 2 weeks :(

My husband and I went driving 1 hr around my Estate to find durians... And luckily we found one, otherwise my husband will drive me to geylang to get some... And i Just finished a pack of them with my #1... What bliss!!!

But... I could feel my throat starts to get sore.... Ops!

@ravingnana i am seeing dr chua too!

my hubby is the 1 who got craving for durian. the last season in june july he spent like almost 1k on durian loh...mad one

@mummyof3jay did u dilute with carrier oil? maybe too hot to take neat

Hi Jul Mummies, I have tested +ve on 27 Oct (just 1 day before departing HK with hubby for vacation). Was suppose to be there to celebrate Halloween and bought the premium ticket to enter into all haunted house and fast lane queuing in Ocean Park but end up I can only see. :(

First Gynae appt on 4 Nov and found out that I have some blood in my uteras so I am on 3 weeks hospitalization leave. Heart beat can hear on 15 Nov which is my 2nd appt and today I am 9 week & 2 days preg. This is my first pregnancy and having MS though not daily but I do not like the bloated and puking feeling.

Small build of me (44kg) and still able to wear most of my dresses daily to work now.

EDD: 6 Jul / Glen E Hospital - Dr John Yam / staying in Bukit Batok now but moving to Tiong Bahru in March 2015.

Wish to join FB, can someone please add me?
Hello! Pls pm me ur email addr :)

hi all,

i am new to this thread. i got my BFP on 24th nov from IVF from transferring two 5 day blastocyst on 10th nov.
HCG 24/11 - 232
HCG 26/11 - 477
HCG 30/11 - 3900

i have minor spotting on sunday late night with pink discharge, so i went to kk 24 hr O&G, after a vagina u/s, the doctor on duty say she saw a water bag, however, as it is still very early as i am only 5 weeks pregnant. however on monday, i started to have some fresh red bleeding, it was very little. i immediately went to see dr loh on monday. he gave me proluton jab and up my duphaston and told me to rest more. its been 2 days now, although there is no more fresh red bleeding,but i am still having brown discharge. it comes on and off, and when now it seems like it is getting more. i am very worried. can somebody please advise??

Hi xylitol, I conceived via ivf too. Hang in there. I don't have a lot of advice for you cause it is my first pregnancy. All I can say is get as much support as you can. I'm taking duphaston 2x daily, utrogestan 2x3 daily and 2x progesterone jabs a week. Got to caution you though- the amount of progesterone might make you super sick. All the best sweetie.

Morning girls, am still home. Raining heavily , would be nice just to sleep in. Took 1 hour off instead. Call cab, but no cabs available. Sigh. Still stuck at home

jean1986 wow you quit!!! Congrats on being a sahm! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot :) you made it to office already?

Been down with nasty flu since last wed, today still no energy to go work so called in sick again. Sigh very sian... And worried that bb development affected :( cannot wait till my next appt with gynae to confirm that everything is ok

@yallo ya in office already. the weather so perfect for sleeping.
have u seen doc for ur flu? maybe take more vitamin c. bb will be fine as long as you still eat!

jean1986 wow you quit!!! Congrats on being a sahm! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot :) you made it to office already?

Been down with nasty flu since last wed, today still no energy to go work so called in sick again. Sigh very sian... And worried that bb development affected :( cannot wait till my next appt with gynae to confirm that everything is ok

Take care and gws. do rest more

There seem to be alot of 2nd and 3rd time mummy in this group. During my #1 time, 80% off the mummies are all first timer. Woah.. that means more women are willing to have 2nd or 3rd child

when i had #1 i dunno about SMH.
among my friends i was the 1st. so lost. i was 24 in 2007 then

Last edited:
1 kid quite lonely i feel.
Lucky my #1 go to IFC. If not after work where got energy to play with him.

i wish i had kids earlier.
Now having #2 at this age, really quite taxing.

Hi Jul Mummies, I have tested +ve on 27 Oct (just 1 day before departing HK with hubby for vacation). Was suppose to be there to celebrate Halloween and bought the premium ticket to enter into all haunted house and fast lane queuing in Ocean Park but end up I can only see. :(

First Gynae appt on 4 Nov and found out that I have some blood in my uteras so I am on 3 weeks hospitalization leave. Heart beat can hear on 15 Nov which is my 2nd appt and today I am 9 week & 2 days preg. This is my first pregnancy and having MS though not daily but I do not like the bloated and puking feeling.

Small build of me (44kg) and still able to wear most of my dresses daily to work now.

EDD: 6 Jul / Glen E Hospital - Dr John Yam / staying in Bukit Batok now but moving to Tiong Bahru in March 2015.

Wish to join FB, can someone please add me?

Hi Starxiuwen..

I made an appt with Dr John Yam @ The Jurong Point clinic. How did you get to know of him? I was looking for a gynae who sees patients at West side too hence chanced upon his name. How has your experience with him been? Good? Cos he's based in Glen E, are prices very high?

Oh you tested +ve on 27 Oct and on 15 Nov can hear heartbeat le? That's quite fast! Which week were you in when you 1st heard the bb heart beat?

I also want to join the FB group.. but cos nw i'm supposed to embargo the "news".. so cant request to join the FB group 1st.. :S

For me i feel there's pros and cons of having kids early. I had my #1 at 26. I conceived immediately after my customary. So imagine i bought my house at 23, wipe out all out bank acc. Save abit then do customary at 25 wipe out all bank acc again. Then in no time to save up, baby comes along and from since then i remained poor and penniless. Lol..
I like the fact that labour and preg was easy on me cos of age and i recovered swiftly. But sometimes i do feel v insecure that due to high expenses we don't seem to be able to save for rainy days. And i made another brave decision to have no 2 again now and i hope things will just work out fine. I do envy some of my frienda that have kids later at 30ish where they are much more financially stable and they can spend more frivolously on their kids. Although i tried to convince myself that kid need their parents more than those fancy stuff but sometimes i feel that i short change my child.

@Kodomo_yy I am staying in the west so would like to find a gynae in the west too. Heard from Bride to Be 2013 that one of the bride soon after married she is preg and was seeing Dr John so in Jul I went to see him to ask him for some advices and he prescribed clomid for me, though I did not strike that cycle but I am comfortable after seeing him at Jurong Point.

Then if after taking clomid did not strike that cycle so during 2nd day of my period I need to draw blood test which will take place in Glen E. His clinic functioning is morning at Glen E Annex Block Level 5, only evening he will go Jurong Point.

First heartbeat was heard when I am 6weeks 5days but blur me, forget to ask what is the heart beat rate....

His price is reasonable and my hubby can claim under his flexi-benefits in his company.

Ash mum, don't envy late starters. We start late for one reason or another and then soooo difficult to conceive. I have to work like forever now to support children. I used to dream of having a home by the beach when I turn 60. Now I am sweeping that dream under the carpet. When this baby turns 18, I'll be 58. Yikes!!

Thats true also.. grass is always greener on the other side. I always console my hub that if out children are sensible we only need to raise then till we are 55yr. By then elder one is 29 liao, i hope he don't need to come back ask mama for pocket money anymore!! Lol

i started quite early too with #1. i was 25 then. to me it's an ideal age to have a baby. young, and energetic. and i only managed having #2 one 10 years later, omg.. scary thoughts now really... that i have to start that breastfeeding, diaper changing, crying babies all over again. My only consolation is that i have my #1 around, hoping he can be a good brother to his di di/mei mei...

I'm down with flu.. went to see doc to get medicine and mc yesterday. Hopefully will recover soon. Dare not eat too much medicine. Scared not good for baby although doc said is safe. Mummies.. recently weather quite bad.. do drink more water and take vit C. :)

My aim is to close shop by 30yr old which i prob can meet. My #2 next year I'll be 29. But sometimes i see my single or childless friends travelling around the world, i feel abit sad though.. and as compared to those who have saved up to have kids, they can send their children to upscale enrichment classes and CC.. i feel abit sad la.. haha

I am also one of the older mummy around. 35 this year and expecting #3.
It is definitely good to have children when you are younger as you will have more energy to play and run with the kids.

So many young mummies! I'll be 33 next year, too bad I married late and immediately started trying for #1 liao, didn't really have time to enjoy honeymoon and couple only time. But what to do, only got together with my hubby late in life ha. I do think having a small age gap with your kids is good, imagine next time my #2 go to uni, I'll be 52!! Still need to work hard to pay school fees... Sad man...

Thanks jean1986 and Mummyof3jays. Went to see Dr twice liao but coz they don't wanna give me antibiotics, it's taking longer than usual to recover zzzzz....

Take care all mummies who are sick! I myself just barely recovered from my bad cough only. 1 whole month! But now i'm still coughing on & off, and I realised only towards the evenings and nites. Jialat.. I hope it's not escalating to bronchitis / asthma :(

Back