(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Yea my #1 is an aug 2012 baby so when #2 is born he's not 3 yet but i hope he will be ready and sensible enough when baby comes along. Now he's still v sticky and possessive. . He still say mama cannot carry baby..

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.

Im with him for all my pregnancies. He doesnt talk much, u can ask him questions if u hv any.

He is a responsible gynae. When i induced my #1, he checked on me thrice. Once in the afternoon after inserting the pills for 6h, once @ 12midnight n once the following morning @ 630am. I had some complication n bb got stuck @ the pelvic opening. He roped in an experienced clinical director to save my boy.

When i had a mid term miscarriage this june, he refunded back half of the package fee n din charge me for the 3 check ups aft the procedures.

I think there is a cut off for oscar, it has to be done b4 13 weeks or so

Last edited:
Yea my #1 is an aug 2012 baby so when #2 is born he's not 3 yet but i hope he will be ready and sensible enough when baby comes along. Now he's still v sticky and possessive. . He still say mama cannot carry baby..

My #1 is a sept dragon bb, suddenly become very sticky b4 i tested. He likes to sayang my sis's 4mo bb but will get jealous if i carry her. Hope that he will be able to help out with the bb n not get jealous

@Ash mum I think coz yours is a boy, so more mummy boy.. Hahahahah pros and cons... Introduce books about having a baby at home, it will help.. He might be jealous when you carry other ppl baby but he will be possessive towards his own siblings..

Yah I realised so many of the mummies are so light like.. 30 plus!?! 40kg plus!??! Erm.. How to manage to maintain.. O.O

Hi All,

Saw my beanie on Saturday at kkh O&G (24hr clinic). Had some sort of brown spotting and a lot of cramps so i thought i'd check it out since it's my #1 and still new to all this. (So playing safe.) Going to see gynae on the 11th (by this date, 7 weeks liao), so hopefully can see heartbeat. The placenta is on the left, based on Ramzi theory, it might be a boy. Either or, i am very happy to be blessed with a baby.

So far, no morning sickness, but have high preference for healthy food and fish. I like chicken a lot, but now I can only see, cause don't feel like eating them anymore.
By 9-10pm already snoozing like a baby. (haha)

For the cramps and brown spotting, Dr. said it's normal. So don't need to worry, but heck care, i'd rather spend that $60plus and not be worried, then seat around and wonder.

January got biggest baby fair, anyone going? thought i'd go, survey2...haha

Hi everyone! My #1 is born in may 2012, and I'm expecting #2, seeing Dr Benjamin Tham on the 18th for first visit... :) according to the nurse whom I called and did a calculation, I shld be 6 weeks now...

Nice to meet y'all! I'll try to keep up with the conversation too! ;)
Hello @keikowoo congrats!
I see you here again.
Remember me?

there is a baby fair this weekend

Last time #1, i like to chiong baby fair....small or big also go..haha

Yeah, did my mini-handover. Can go on my long leave next week liao :)

skipping baby fair this weekend cos don't dare to buy things yet since i'm not past my first trimester. planning to go to the Baby World suntec fair in Jan though!

@csy1 it's good to go for baby fair for #1 but make sure you go with someone... Coz it's super crowed and some people will push their prams in as well.. And unintentionally it might hit you somewhere so just be safe.. :)

@jean1986 looks like your boss really hinting you to tender.. Haix.. The reality life.. But take it positively coz you'll really have time to relax and rest and prepare for the arrival of baby.. :) plenty of rest keeps the mummy and baby heathy and safe too!

I only went for baby fair once. the taka baby fair. to buy a stroller. my friend went the expo one and bought a carrier, turned out to be a fake one. she and a group of mummies actually reported to case. so must be careful even at fairs.

ya think my boss cant wait for me to tender. now I can relax and be happy while waiting alr .

anyone knows if can do acrylic nails extension during preg? say during 2nd trimester. Xmas and cny coming ..

@jean1986 not too sure about acrylic but gel is okie.
only thing i avoided was the leg massage. Forget where i read/saw, there is this spot on the heel if press, will induce labour.
I kiasi lah

Jean1986,
Wow u have tendered! Exciting move and decision. When's ur last day?

Mummies,
All the slim mummies!! I'm envious. In my entire life, my skinniest would be at 50, and my slim is at 55. For my pregnancy to not exceed 67, and to quickly go down to 57 thereafter would be wonderful already!!

I'm not chionging baby fair anymore, I think with this one, I'm gonna just buy very few items. Took me ages to clear out #1's huge storerm of toys and old clothes. This time round, bb will have max 20pcs of clothes and no more, get one good infant car seat, and then stock up diapers and wipes just in final trimester. Haha number two really gets much lesser than number one.

Today I walked past my skin laser clinic and I so badly wished I could continue my package. Went to talk to nurse Haiz but in the end decided better not risk and continue package post pregnancy. How I miss clear glowing skin.

@saraiii did u check with gynae whether can do laser on face still?
My notice period is 1 week. but apparently my boss can let me leave on Friday. I think he cant wait.

@jean1986 that's fast leh... wow... i tot usually the notice is 1 mth. i hope you can rest yourself well and concentrate on your health and eating more :)

i still want to chiong in baby fair for this #2. mabbe because we waited #2 for a very very long time, so we want to make #2 feel as special or even more than #1....

Jean1986,
They say there hasn't been much tests on laser effects on resulting in negative pregnancy fetus growth but having said that not enough tests are done also. Also during pregnancy, due to hormones, pigmentation may backfire and cluster more instead after laser. So it is not wise to do it during pregnancy, may end up with more pigments.

One wk notice! Wow that's fast!! R u excited? Get to stay home soon!!

Erlisa,
Share ur good buys k? Tho not chionging but the thrill of looking at good bb buys is always exciting!!

My ms is subsiding, maybe coz this wk I'm hitting wk10. Now got better appetite but the tummy truly can't be hidden anymore. I have to wear flare dresses and loose t-shirts already. Tried to switch to maternity wear, but my tummy is also not big till its pregnant looking so it becomes like a fat tummy person. So decided to just wear loose clothes instead of fitting maternity dress.

Last edited:
Saraii, same here. I think #2 we are more logical shopper already. #1 time i chiong every baby fair and of cos end up w alot of items i don't need. This time round I'll jus buy diapers and wipe. Clothes if same gender then i dont need to buy much. Diff gender I'll openly asked for hand me down from my friends. Most of my friends have girls so I'm sure they don't mind pass me some clothes. Toys etc i still have many w left from #1. My house cannot afford to store anymore stuff..

@saraiii how to resist max 20 ? my #1 recycle his clothes every 2 days when he go IFC coz the lazy mum don't want to fold and keep clothes after washing...also have 4 drawers full of clothes loh...haha...i got enough clothes to last him till 3-4 years old i think and still buying -_-

If this is a girl, i think i will sure buy a lot!

@jean wah. So fast tendered. Ur boss seem like cant wait for u to tender. Bad.

This weekend bb fair i not going too. For #1 all her stuff i buy last min. Very nua. Hee. Think will onli be keen on breastpump as i need to buy

Ash, Csy,
Yes, My #1 was scary lah!! Every sale I will be there, carters yr end sale at that tampines warehouse I also grab every time. To the extent my gal had so many clothes that she never even got to wore! So terrible, I bought so much that I even forgot they were in the cupboard, n she had already grown too big. Toys also, keep on gg taka sale, join spree, all kinds of exersaucers... Too many really!! End up had to give so much away to clear space. Kept the few good ones for #2.

@saraiii haha, buy and think later!!! my only splurge was clothes lah...toys i very rational 1..coz he don't spend much time at home one so no point buy.
maybe next time i duno lah...hahaha

talking abt pump, duno still working a not..alamak

anybody still co-sleep with #1? will you all shift him/her to sleep independently?

I super excited about #2 that I already list things what I need and Wat I can get hand me downs... Seems a lot I have to buy myself coz my circle of frens/colleaguea all not reproducing liaos.. We old liaos.... I want to chong these baby fairs coz I want to get the best bargains, not to anyhow buy.. Lol! I want to save money as much as I can.....

Wah, so many experienced mum that I can learn from, actually I got a very sensitive question about baby dancing (still) while in 1st trimester. Based on experience, is it safe? Cause my friend had a friend who had miscarriage to celebrate knowing that they are pregnant. I asked Dr. already, they say it is safe. Any advise? I really scared when my friend told me about it, but also not healthy right for the relationship?

Wah, so many experienced mum that I can learn from, actually I got a very sensitive question about baby dancing (still) while in 1st trimester. Based on experience, is it safe? Cause my friend had a friend who had miscarriage to celebrate knowing that they are pregnant. I asked Dr. already, they say it is safe. Any advise? I really scared when my friend told me about it, but also not healthy right for the relationship?

Depends on your pregnancy. If you don't have any spotting or bleeding, it's actually fine. For myself, I had spotting 2 weeks back so doctor advise me not to do it till 2nd trimester.

There's always other ways than the actual thingy eh. :eek::rolleyes::p

For me, I don't baby dance (though I want to due to the raging hormones right now lol!) at this time especially during first trimester... Bcoz based on my previous experience, I will experience spotting. So, if I do, then I wouldn't know if I'm spotting bcoz of my due diligence or is it bcoz of the pregnancy....

Shairuz.
You meant sex during 1st tri?
It is ok as long as your pregnancy is not at risk such as cramp, bleeding et c. But do note that some pose not so advisable and ask hub to be gentle ok? Infact during pregnancy the blood flow is good at that area thus actually can be more pleasurable

Yes!! It's durian season and all my friends are posting their Mao Shan wang and exp durians. But I'm so terrified of burping after eating during this trimester!! Dunno want to eat or not to eat. Today after thinking abt nasi lemak for many days I also finally ate it and it was so good! Yesterday caved in n gobbled two slices of sashimi. Yum. I think abt eating fried oyster also coz friends having Taiwan in holiday keep posting pics!! But don't dare to eat fried oyster in case of contamination.

Feel uncomfy.. but feel better after snacking... but... always got ppl said.. so fat liao.. Still eat n eat... zzzzz if only I am like the small size mummies here ar.....

I did. Sometimes i can even feel it flow out like menses and I'll panick and go toilet check that it's not blood.

Yah.. me too. Like ovulation kind of discharge.

Todaaaaaays wed!! My cheat day for coffeee. Im a coffee addict. Limiting myself to one cup per week now, and no espresso. I had xmas cookie latte frappe during lunch. Soooo shiok! cant wait for next weds. Hur hurrr..

Im a durian lover tooo.. oh man.. now durian season? Die..

Im a confused small size. Petite as in small bones but nicely cushion with layerssssss of fatss.. hahahahahahaha nicer way to say short and fat lah.

I read somebody asked abt west side dr. Im with dr chua frm nuh. Shes very pro and awesome. My gynae for all 3 pregnancies. Had csect for firstborn. No scars.

So many post today. Can't catch up

Congrats to all new mummies

I love durian but not my hb. Can only wait till go back mil house den she will buy for me if I say I wan

@jean1986 all the best. At least now u can concentrate on taking care of yourself and baby

Back