(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Good morning mummies,
I would like to make a final update on this thread. I am no longer a July mummy. I lost my baby yesterday.

What happened was this:
I started bleeding on Monday morning. Went to Gynae, took an estrogen injection, bleeding supposed to stop but didn't stop.
Went to A&E again in the evening, took double dosage of estrogen, bleed continued through morning.

On Tuesday morning, decided to go A&E at KKH without my Gynae's knowledge. I can only say KKH's doctor was kinda screwed up. Left in anger cos my baby and I were treated like lesser human. Suggest never to visit KKH if possible.

Gynae called to check on my status late morning. Gave me an appointment to go back and see her at 4pm. Before I could go and see her, a blood clot dropped out while I was peeing. There was a bubble attached to blood clot. I knew I had miscarriaged. Blood started to flow heavily.

At 4pm, Gynae did a scan. Baby was no longer there.

We do not know the real reason.
It could be the dang gui soup my MIL gave me on Sunday. I recommend new mummies never to trust anyone with your food. Please double check before eating anything suspicious.

We are all grieving for the loss.
I pray that none will have to suffer from this.

On a brighter note, husband and I can start trying again next month. Maybe I will be able to join the September mummy thread soon. Gynae also promised us that if we do not succeed by Feb 2015, she will step in and help us. Appointment already fixed to see her in Feb.

I wish all July mummies a happy pregnancy and smooth delivery. If any of you wanna know more about miscarriage or what you should do, feel free to PM me. I am more than happy to share.

Good luck!

I did hint my daughter if she like didi or mei mei. Actually been asking her since she is 2. Her only interest is actually to tk away her sibling pacifier. But as she grew up. The reaction seem better.i think I will continue to brainwash her about having a sibling. My girl is super sticky ro me. I still have to bath and zzz with her. I think I will be super exhausted when tummy is bigger

Ouliou I'm so sorry to hear this and hope u and ur hubby are coping. On a more positive note, mc usually is nature's Way of letting the body know the pregnancy might not be a healthy one. I feel ur grieve and hope u and ur hubby will be blessed with another one in the coming months. Stay strong.

@Ouliou Im sorry to hear that, be strong and do a mini confinement to nourish your body.

@yallo yes I told my #1 already, we bring him to gynae visit.
Every night before sleep he will ask if baby got grow up? And he will sing song to my tum.

Ouliao, hugs. Sorry for your loss. I believe in no time you will have a healthy baby again. Meanwhile take good care of urself and rest well.

My no#1 has been asking for didi since she was 3. So when we tell her tat she's going to be jie jie, she's the most excited among all. She even pestered me to buy baby staffs and always ask me wat I can eat and not eat. Even keep reminding me that I should be careful, cannot do this and that.

@shan8080 mine is May 2013.

how you all cope with #1 ah? mine super sticky nowadays and keep want bao bao.
Than he keep pressing on my tummy

Ouliou: Sorry to hear about your loss :( in the meantime, you take real good care of yourself and beef up your body for the next cycle. All the best

I'm only going to see gynae 2 weeks later *yawnz*... very very long wait for me.. when I called, his nurse said no point going in to see him so early. They usually recommend patients to go in about 6-7 weeks. Can't wait....

@Ouliou hug so sorry to hear that. Stay strong and have a good rest, bu your body lots so that you can try again soon.

@jj_jj wow your #1 is super sweet! Sing to your tummy! Idea, maybe I'll bring my girl along for the gynae appt next time

@csy1 same my girl loves to lie down me and then roll here roll there. I've told her cannot do that anymore because there a baby inside my tummy.

Hi Ouliou, i'm sorry to hear about your loss.

After my 1st miscarriage , my MIL brought me to Ngee Ann Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre at Balestier Road (they have now shifted to Bedok).
I drank their brew medicine for 3 months before i conceive successfully with my son.
Everyday i drank 2 packet ($5 per pkt).
The sinseh there say i am 肾虚, that's why i lost my first baby gal at week 20.
I can feel their medicine made my womb and body warm cause i used to have cold soles at night when i sleep.
Not sure whether they are still brewing those traditional herbs and package for you to bring home.
But what i like is the sinseh will 把脉and prescribe the herbs everytime you go, accordingly to your current condition.
Most importantly definitely not aggressive and commercial like YU REN SHENG.

You can try and nurse up your health by visiting TCM to "bu" your qi.
Hopefully you will get your rainbow baby soon.

Last edited:
I have not visited them since i gave birth to my son.
This is their new address.

Ngee Ann Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre Ltd
Address : Blk 33 Bedok Sth Ave 2 #01-319 Singapore 460033
Telephone : 6243 3960

no special way of coping with clingy #1.. just try to do what I can and try to explain why i can't do certain things the way he wants.. doesn't work all the time. he can walk well but when we are out he wants to be carried. i just keep thinking this phase will not be forever and one day he might not even want to hug me. haha. self consolation.

Haha actually that's so true! Recently my girl refuse to let me kiss her goodnight and I felt my heart break loh! I will steal into her room when she's asleep and kiss her secretly though haha

Take care @Ouliou, i went thru 2 MC before and i know it's tough. But rest well and take care of yourself! Join a support group for emotional support in this time. *big hugs* feel free to drop me a msg if you need.

Last edited:
Hi Ouliou,

I can feel you. I had mc during week 20 previously. I cried everyday thinking of why it happen, isit becos I travel or becos I kill a spider while pregnant and it's a karma or is it the food I eat or is it I announce to friends before my 2nd trimester or is it this or that? I goggle for an answer everyday. But till now I still couldn't find the exact answer but telling myself to be extra careful on my next pregnancy.

Please cry it out and give yourself time to recover during this period. During this period, do "bu" your body. Do a mini confinement if you can. I did a full one month confinement and had TCM for full two months. And I'm pregnant again now.

So stay positive! Looking forward to your good news soon.

Ouliou, sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs* do take good care of yourself and rest well. Jiayou and look forward to hearing your good news soon!!

So long never come here for updates.. been really busy at work and studies. I think I'm really lack of sleep and dreaming every night. *yawnz*
MS still on and off but I'll try to eat sth in between meals to prevent nausea. Sometimes really feel better after burping.. My colleagues said my eye bags very jialat too. Argh...I need to rest more over the weekend.

My scan yesterday went well. Praise the lord!! Saw bb and heartbeat, measuring exactly as estimated at 6,5. Almost cried, overjoyed. Edd is 4th July.

Yest was my scan too. Edd 3 july. Baby is still very small. Will follow up in 1 mth time.
Can I check about the oscar and harmony test? My gynae is very factual. So the first thing he brief me is about the test. I have nv done Oscar b4. Done triple test but he says is not advisable now. I heard Oscar test is not that accurate. Any1 got experience to share? Harmony test is new technology so is very exp.

Thanks uglydoll and yallo!

Congrats nicokin. Hmm, I did oscar with my first child. It was quite straightforward, just a blood test and a scan where they measure certain parts of the baby. For me, it was ok. I do know of one friend who has an inaccurate outcome, test result was negative but her bb came out well n healthy. 90percent accuracy. With harmony, it's 99percent accuracy I think. So it's really up to you. I'm just gonna stick with Oscar, actually, I don't even feel like doing, sometimes it's unnecessary stress. But I guess I'll just do the minimal basic.

Congrats Saraiii. How far along are u?

Nicokin I did Oscar for my no1. I thot it was ok coz down syndrome mainly is due to mothers age. I was considered low risk as below 30 when I had #1 but we went ahead with it. Straightforward like what Saraiii said.. just to measure the fluid around bb neck I think. Not sure what harmony is

HI mummies, last week thurs / Fri i noted that i have some bleed then no more. Then i tested on Monday and it's +ve! But i have spotting since Fri/Sat until Wed then i dont really have it, probably just once in a while. Today also looks clean (touch wood). This is my no 2 and i find it that i dont have much preggy sympthom. It's slightly different than my no 1. I just had a feeling that the period is coming at any time, no more others.

Is it a bad sign if no more spotting and no sympthom? last few days i still can feel tiredness but now i dont really feel that much of tiredness. My 1st appointment is next Friday.

Perhaps you should visit a gynae immediately to get some jabs or pills to stablise your pregnancy instead of waiting for next Friday?
Normally i would go for emergency checkup if i discovered any spotting.

By the way, is it fresh blood or old brown blood ?
If bleeding was "old blood" , then maybe it was from implantation bleeding.

Yeah I think is also best to visit a gynae now instead of waiting til next Fri. At least get a peace of mind. Also, you may get some hormone pills or jabs to help in stabilising the bb, or at least some advice from the gynae, think it's better than worrying about it alone.

Hi all, just to check anyone taking Utrogestan? My gynae gives me to make my womb stronger, prevent mc and stable my hormones. At the same time he says it's better to stop my TCM at the moment as medicine may crash with each other.

Hi Hippo, it's old brown.. I did call Gynae to mention my situation but she said it's too early to check, and ask me to remain the appointment, unless there is heavy flow and cramp. Ask me not to worry too much..

Back