(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I grate the apples and mix with avocado! Her fave and can eat a lot! I'm always happy when she eats avocado.. haha.. cos I feel it makes her healthy fat! Lol!

Is it a nice combi? So far I fed her avocado on its own... Apple with oats.

How many meals do you feed LO? Ard 11 plus I will feed oats with fruits and evening to rare 5-6pm I will feed porridge.

Is it a nice combi? So far I fed her avocado on its own... Apple with oats.

How many meals do you feed LO? Ard 11 plus I will feed oats with fruits and evening to rare 5-6pm I will feed porridge.

I feed her 2x a day too. Afternoon usually cereal or puree. Then evening will be porridge. Apple avocado is a nice combi! I guess pear or banana will also pair well with avocado too.. she doesn't like plain avocado..

Hi all, anyone using philips steamer and blender? I have been using that for my bb food, and wonder if its toi soft for bb after awhile? Oh ya, my bb is 7mths 2 weeks, her weight is still ard 7.2kg, a mth ago was 7.05kg, is she too small?

As for food, estinated how much rice do u all cook for each container? And how much meat each time? My hubby dun let her eat frozen porridge, so gotta cook everyday. My maid cooks it though every morning. Hehe..

Your baby not small lah. Mine is 9mths 2 weeks and her weight is 7.5kg. Increase only abt 300grams from the previous month.
She eats well too. So long the growing following the growing curve, shld be no problem.

If cook daily, to me lots of wastage eh. Waste electricity, energy, food. Normally, I feed abt 1 1/2 spoon of rice + 1spoon of leafy veg, 1 spoon of root veg (carrot/potato) + 1/2 spoon of meat (fish/chix). Approximately lah.

I am using normal pots on stove to cook and then some food I blend after cooking.

Hi all, anyone using philips steamer and blender? I have been using that for my bb food, and wonder if its toi soft for bb after awhile? Oh ya, my bb is 7mths 2 weeks, her weight is still ard 7.2kg, a mth ago was 7.05kg, is she too small?

As for food, estinated how much rice do u all cook for each container? And how much meat each time? My hubby dun let her eat frozen porridge, so gotta cook everyday. My maid cooks it though every morning. Hehe..
I didn't buy a blender for my baby so I sometimes mash it up. But realised she likes food with textures so now the pieces can be a little bigger. She loves brocoli florets. I tried feeding her porridge and rice she's not keen. Likes more potatoes pumpkin etc mixed with cod fish or salmon. She's 7m 2 weeks old 8.7kg.maybe u may want to try feeding a little more textured food to her. Typically I cook about 2 spoonful of porridge..more ingredients than porridge.

What kind of pear u use? Pear quite hard unless those Chinese pear right.....
You can try conference pears. English pears those green type are softer than chinese pears. To make them really soft don't put in the fridge, just put it outside for a couple of days and it's quite soft. :)

hello mummies! long time no come in, no time catch up all the posts! heehee.

my LO has started solids since 5 mths plus. now 7.5m can crawl and sit liao so exploring more chunky food for her. still boh gey!
organic baby cereals i realise is making her constipate alot. so i am going to try cooking oats for her as she loves eating solids and will not finish her 120ml milk.
sometimes cries for solids...any mama cooks oatmeal from organic oats for LO too? I also cook porridge for her but quite boring for her keep eating porridge. lol.

hello mummies! long time no come in, no time catch up all the posts! heehee.

my LO has started solids since 5 mths plus. now 7.5m can crawl and sit liao so exploring more chunky food for her. still boh gey!
organic baby cereals i realise is making her constipate alot. so i am going to try cooking oats for her as she loves eating solids and will not finish her 120ml milk.
sometimes cries for solids...any mama cooks oatmeal from organic oats for LO too? I also cook porridge for her but quite boring for her keep eating porridge. lol.

Yes I bot organic rolled oats, grind into almost powdery and cook for LO.

How do you give veg? So far I boiled and mashed them thru strainer. My girl coming 8 months and has 2 teeth.

I used to boil and mash. But bb nanny told me if do it that way the nutrients might lost in the water. So now I will grind then steam. The taste is better.

Hello mummies~~
Been sometime since I report strength here, heehee..
Happy New Year!

My bb is 8mths now. Still on cereal and once a day. She already got 2 teeth tho. Can crawl, can grab n stand, and wanna cruise le. Super busy baby.
Recently making a lot of noises. Mostly pa-pa-pa. So angry, she Nvr attemp to say ma-ma-ma.

She can drink 200ml for her last feed but day time is 160-170ml per feed. Guess she's drinking quite a lot?
I'm still pumping but menses had report for duty. Super sianz.

Wondering any mummies let the bbs eat on their own. I m quite surprise to read an article that u can train ur bbs eat by themselves after 6 months. Is that too early?

Wondering any mummies let the bbs eat on their own. I m quite surprise to read an article that u can train ur bbs eat by themselves after 6 months. Is that too early?
I allow her to play with her food. Since they learn through play at this age. Must make them like to eat so next time they can sit at mealtime & enjoy eating. If they don't enjoy eating,that's when the strikes come. They will eventually learn table manners so do not worry at this age. They just wanna play and explore.

I put teething rusk,biscuits or baby bite size treats on her table & allow her to self feed. At times I slap some porridge on her hand & she is able to feed herself. I also let her hold a spoon & try scooping by herself to self feed. But obviously she cannot do well at 8mths. Very very messy but her pincer grasp & hand coordination is good.

I let her self feed. Baby led weaning is much easier cos she gets to experiment with textures. So far I've avoid really messy food though. Her pincer grip is strong cos she can pick up those gerber puff from her good tray. Try giving pears and brocoli and pumpkin and sweet corn. Easy for them to hold as long as it's not slippery.

I let her self feed. Baby led weaning is much easier cos she gets to experiment with textures. So far I've avoid really messy food though. Her pincer grip is strong cos she can pick up those gerber puff from her good tray. Try giving pears and brocoli and pumpkin and sweet corn. Easy for them to hold as long as it's not slippery.

Bb can eat corn now? Do u puree the corn? I can fell the hull of the corn. Is it OK to let bb eat? They can swallow well?

Bb can eat corn now? Do u puree the corn? I can fell the hull of the corn. Is it OK to let bb eat? They can swallow well?
Sorry it's called baby corn.

My 7 mths old bb can stand and few days ago she climbed our sofa. I went clinic for vaccine ytd, nurse said we can let them stand as long as we dun force them. She warned me not to use walker though, as baby tends to tip toe-ing, not good for their bone development. So coincidence, there was food demo, and the nurse said we can cut apple or pear to a long thin slice, steam it, and let baby hold and eat by themselves.. When i asked if apple or pear is too tough, she explained that baby gums are actually very strong. They can use it to chew food. In fact we should train them from young to eat by themselves, so dun need to always be spoon fed. Also, starting 7-8mths, we can make their meats (chicken, fish) slightly chunkier. I am actually surprised.. :)

My 7 mths old bb can stand and few days ago she climbed our sofa. I went clinic for vaccine ytd, nurse said we can let them stand as long as we dun force them. She warned me not to use walker though, as baby tends to tip toe-ing, not good for their bone development. So coincidence, there was food demo, and the nurse said we can cut apple or pear to a long thin slice, steam it, and let baby hold and eat by themselves.. When i asked if apple or pear is too tough, she explained that baby gums are actually very strong. They can use it to chew food. In fact we should train them from young to eat by themselves, so dun need to always be spoon fed. Also, starting 7-8mths, we can make their meats (chicken, fish) slightly chunkier. I am actually surprised.. :)
Actually it's true..cos I've seen my baby eat steamed chicken strips by her own by gumming before she had her first tooth. Salmon or cod fish is easier cos it's flaky.

Does any of ur baby starts to shake their head from left to right? Mine does recently n when we laughed at him, he shook even more.

Woah I haven't logged in for so long..! Happy to know that all mummies and babies are doing well!

Will you all give baby a little bit of whatever you're eating? Example, if you're eating bun, will you pinch a bit and give it to baby? Or cakes, biscuits, rice... etc?

Woah I haven't logged in for so long..! Happy to know that all mummies and babies are doing well!

Will you all give baby a little bit of whatever you're eating? Example, if you're eating bun, will you pinch a bit and give it to baby? Or cakes, biscuits, rice... etc?
Hrmmm bread maybe. But cakes biscuits no cos there's butter and sugar. Bread usually I will give a pinch of wholemeal bread. For fun. :)

Actually it's true..cos I've seen my baby eat steamed chicken strips by her own by gumming before she had her first tooth. Salmon or cod fish is easier cos it's flaky.

U gave chicken strip? Is it safe? My girl has. 2 teeth now... Coming 8 months.

My friend asked me not to give salmon and cod fish yet due to Mercury. Best give threadfin.

U gave chicken strip? Is it safe? My girl has. 2 teeth now... Coming 8 months.

My friend asked me not to give salmon and cod fish yet due to Mercury. Best give threadfin.
I can't find thread fin here in the country I'm staying in. I'm not in sg. The easiest fish I can find is fresh salmon from Norway. Odd right.
I gave LO chicken strip boiled. Too bland so I tried oven baked with salt free herbs seasoning. She liked that cos it's more tender. U can try peeling off chicken from a drumstick instead of giving chicken breast cos it can be too dry and hard.

I gave thread fin but she was not keen. Think fishy. Tried to add more ginger but she also don't like. She prefers chicken. But I gave her salmon over the weekend and she loves it. Guess gotta trial & error.

I give salmon, and the fish (dunno whats called) that is usually in our fish bowl soup?

The fish in our fish soup is usually batang (aka Spanish mackerel).. not advisable to consume it regularly cos of its higher mercury content.. better stick to salmon or threadfin okie. .

Wow, which clinic did you go? I am impressed that the nurse supports baby-led weaning, it is seldom seen. :)

Back