(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

hello mummycoccyx! me too edd on 05/05/15 based on online calculator. :) guess we are the early ones here. i actually tested positive several days before my period was due.

me too. I had some spotting on thurs but my period due on Sunday. Never early so was thinking could be implantation bleeding like I had for my #1. So took a chance on sat and turned out positive! Went to see gynae to get duphaston cos I just had miscarriage in March. Really nervous and anxious but trying hard to stay positive! How about u? Is this your first?

yeah, sounds like it could be implantation spotting. hope it will be a sticky little beanie for you! rest more and eat well. :)

this is my 3rd pregnancy, actually. i've a 4yo and 3yo, both girls. also experienced spotting with both of them during the 1st trimester and was given duphaston to stabilize the pregnancy. bleeding was worse with #2 and she ended up being a preemie at 30wk gestation. :( thank god no complications when in the NICU.

how old is your #1?

My number 1 is turning 3 in oct :) yeah hope the outcome for this pregnancy will be good. You sound like someone I know. Are your initials JT by any chance???

No wonder I find your nickname so familiar!! Hahaha! Are you one of my friends in FB?? I cannot remember if I had added you back in 2011. Such a coincidence to be in the same thread again after all these years. :D

Hello mummies! Just tested positive ytd! Haven't see a gynae yet as i tested real early. But i checked online n my edd ard 3rd May. My number 1 is entering pri 1 next year.

Starrymummy, good to see you here!! Yes we are in fb group oct is fun!! :) please keep it from the other oct11 mummies ok? I was in the oct14 group initially but left because of the m/c. Our friends there kept thinking I was still preggers after my m/c... Cos 2 of the oct11 mummies also in oct14!!

mummycoccyx, I won't tell. ;)

Eeznyl, congrats and welcome! me too yet to see a gynae. will probably only do so around 8-9 weeks bah. now really too early to see anything. i am actually obsessed with POAS (pee on a stick) right now. Still have like a bunch of leftover tests and i just do it to see if the line gets darker. for a peace of mind. really kinda silly as i did not do that with my 2 previous pregnancies! lol!

you ladies feeling any symptoms already?

does it really get darker? I asked the gynae on saturday she said it doesn't really correlate to the amount of hormones. she said only accurate way is by blood test but i chose not to do the blood test monitoring. but this time my stick turned positive within 3 seconds! (and 1 day early to expected first day of period). i am just tired. not sure is it caffeine withdrawal, the duphaston i am taking or the pregnancy itself. also sleeping very badly...keep waking up not sure why... had short bouts of feeling a bit queasy but not like what i had with #1. maybe still early. i hope. she said nausea is a good sign so i am hoping ( a bit ironical) to start feeling more nauseous!!

how about u ladies??

yes, will get darker if the hcg level is rising. it was definitely darker than 2 days ago when I first tested so I was very relieved to see it. and I totally understand what you mean by wanting the nausea to increase. lol!

I'm having a bit of MS too. not enough to make me puke but enough to feel queasy after a full meal. plus fatigue lor. I remember when I took progesterone, it made me feel super sleepy the entire day.

Actually i have already take blood test to confirm last fri cos i m schedule for biz trip this friday. I need a confirmation to cancel it. Im otw to see gynae now as i have been coughing badly. Took med fr gp but doesnt work. Last week gt a gp even prescribe me med that might case birth defect when i told her i might be pregnant. So i m very cautious now. So far my system only backache n lotsa cramp. Eat abit very bloated looks like 4 mths pregnant!

Eeznyl, hope u get well soon! my #1 has been having low grade fever and runny nose.... i might have passed it to her as i was sneezing away last week. but since i was TTC, i held out taking any form of medication and struggled through the work week!
sigh this duphaston is making me so sleepy.....feel like a zombie.....mind is cloudy. not good. :(

Starrymummy.. u vvv familiar leh... u nov 2011 mummy also.. me test positive also.. most likely late Apr or early May..

Eeznyl, speedy recovery to you! does your job require you to travel often? I had a bout of bad cough too and took luo han guo drink for 2 days. so much better now. like you, I am trying to stay off medication that may affect baby's development.

simiko! what a coincidence! how have you been doing?? so interesting to meet 2 mummies from my previous birth threads here. must be a sign that SG's birth rate is going UP! :)

ya lor... I rem a few mths ago u say ur gal wan u to have another gal... wah... u really fulfill her wish ah... haha

I told my elder girl over the weekend that I am pregnant again. she pat pat my tummy and said "it's a boy". changed her mind very fast... haha!

I did another round of blood test just now... my hcg from 185 last fri to 644 today n im only 13dpo. Im worried it might be ectopic or multiples.

she said she doesn't want another meimei anymore because meimei will fight with her and pull her hair (which is true!!). 1 is more than enough for her. lol! :p

Eeznyl, yah man.. small world! looking forward to delivering healthy bundles of joy together come April/May next year. :)

wow! that's a huge jump. did the doctor say anything? any possibility to do a scan to confirm? pray it is not ectopic.

my colleague just had ectopic few mths ago.. I tot ectopic will nt get a positive at all coz she tested many times n still negative.. plus she on off had bleeding also.. so she tot is stress...

best is get a scan.. u do blood test at GP?

Eeznyl, any particular reason why your gynae want to monitor HCG level? i was given that as an option due to my low hormone levels when i had my m/c but i chose not to...... the trending of results and frequent trips to do blood tests was super stressful for me.

actually until now i haven't really confirm which gynae to go to... now with an older kid and work commitments, not so easy to schedule appt. are u mummies all going back to your previous gynae?

my colleague din even know she is pregnant... just suddenly 1 morning stomach super pain n go hospital... she say is a horrible process as really vvvv painful.. she din even know wat is going on.. the hospital scan liao then transfer her to kkh n do the op.. when we visit her she is vvvvv weak.. face vv bloated which she say is coz of the blood transfusion coz lost a lot of blood..

I will be going back to my previous gynae who's a super nice man and hubby and I both feel very comfortable with him. some more his night clinic is very near my place. super convenient for me to drop by after work.

actually my gynae apt is tml.. vvv excited n scare.. I need to see him ASAP as I am diabetic.. so need to see if I need change my med or go on insulin.. actually vvvv worried that this pregnancy will nt make it coz high risk of MC and birth defect... whatever I eat I also scare nw coz scare my sugar level high....

simiko, oh man.... I hope it did not traumatize her so much that she won't want to try for a baby in future.

do update us after your visit! I have heard of mummies who are diabetic and managed to still go through a pregnancy to deliver a healthy baby. so jia you, okay?

Thanks babe..
for my colleague she still ok.. she dun feel any thing coz she dunno she preggy... but starting oct she will TTC again cox doc ask her rest few mths 1st..

I've come to realize that having a smooth and healthy pregnancy is really something not to be taken granted for. was so shocked when I went into preterm labour at 30weeks for my #2. really heartbroken for her then and kept blaming myself for the longest time. this time round, I will definitely make sure I am more careful and make sure baby comes out only after full-term.

Mummies, knocked out till now after taking the cough med. Careless me thot given by gynae sure safe but its actually a class c pregnancy med which not recommended for pregnant women unless necessary.... omg... i dunno wat else i can tk, now taking manuka honey.

The hcg level shld double in 48 to 72 hours but mine was triple. I conceive thru ivf actually hence gotta monitor the hcg. But my actual blood test only scheduled on this fri... i tested early as my tcm manage to detect my pregnancy 10dpo so i decided to do my blood test early at gp hence found out my hcg is so high. I really hope its not ectopic... but i can't do anything till at least one week later do an ultrasound to see the sac.

Eeznyl, don't worry about the cough medication. We are way too early in our pregnancy for the baby to be affected. Just be more careful of what meds you are given in future. If IVF then u will have high chance of multiples right? So maybe u are carrying twins! Pray for u that it isn't ectopic.

This may sound funny and silly, but I've started talking to the little beanie already. Telling him/her to please please be good and grow till full term in there. And if possible, make his/her appearance on 1 May 15. Lol!

i was also thinking of maybe scheduling C-section on 1st may. but dunno if gynae will agree. haha.
yeah Eeznyl, maybe you are having twins! praying it will be smooth for all of us.....

mummycoccyx, elective C-sections are usually carried out right after the 37th week, which is around mid-April. if wait till 1 May, then might as well go get induced instead. Having gone through both csect and natural, I really think natural birth allows body to heal and slim down faster. I had a lot of water retention after csect and had to wait till 1 month later then was able to do jamu massage. By then I think not effective anymore.

mummycoccyx, elective C-sections are usually carried out right after the 37th week, which is around mid-April. if wait till 1 May, then might as well go get induced instead. Having gone through both csect and natural, I really think natural birth allows body to heal and slim down faster. I had a lot of water retention after csect and had to wait till 1 month later then was able to do jamu massage. By then I think not effective anymore.
yeah starrymommy, but VBAC has risks as well....can be quite scary. uterine rupture, excessive bleeding and even maternal and fetal death....

yours was csect previously? sorry I didn't know that. 4 years in between for VBAC should be okay. mine was 10 months apart and thought I would need emergency csect. the NUH gynae told me it was alright, won't have much risk of wound rupturing. perhaps baby was small so decreased risk?? I remember I was scared to death and didn't dare to push then.

yes. emergency Csection for non-reassuring fetal state (persistently low heart beat). yeah. 4 years difference risk should be lower but still got risk.......

Thanks mummies! I will be very please with a singleton but if so heng kena twins, i ask my hubby to sell the flat lo... haha... need 2 maids n chg bigger car... very xiong!

I oso started talking to my beanies, i even ask my son to kiss them good night... haha...

I think i am the weird one who actually wanted c section lo... my first was natural. In labour for 30+ hours n push for one hour b4 my boy was out. Was quite traumatise and i took very long b4 i fully recovered from the pain n wound down below...

wow u mummies all told your older kids already? i dun dare leh...esp after what happened in March... :( i just told my kid "mummy hand pain" so cannot carry her..... and if i am too tired, i tell her "mummy sick"

Initially dun wanna tell him but i feels bad... he has been wanting to hav a sibling so i cannot tahan n tell him.

Back