(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Any mummies started registering for pre school already?

Many friends keep urging me to register as sg50 a lot of babies. They tell me a lot on waiting list already... me ftm don't even know what to do or when to send my lo to school lol

I have found a 2 hrs playgroup for my bb, same block as nanny house. I called them they said only start registration 1 to 2 mths b4 bb turn 18 mths. So I need to make registration by that time also.

Hi, since LO started on solids, his bowels range from 2-4 days. When he pooed, it is not hard but like toothpaste kind of poo. LO has 1 full solid meal and drinks a few spoonful of water together with his meal. He is also fully bf.

If his poo is not hard, then it is not a concern, right? My LO is 7mths. May I know how many solids meals is your LO taking now?
My LO eat one a day in e noon. But now she refused to eat brown rice. She wants to eat things that have stronger taste. I.e pumpkin or yogurt ceral.

My LO eat one a day in e noon. But now she refused to eat brown rice. She wants to eat things that have stronger taste. I.e pumpkin or yogurt ceral.
my LO also last time don't really eat plain brown rice too. I made my own brown rice, cook then blend the rice. But if I add with others like carrot or peas, he will eat. Mebbe get some taste rather than bland brown rice.

Any mummies started registering for pre school already?

Many friends keep urging me to register as sg50 a lot of babies. They tell me a lot on waiting list already... me ftm don't even know what to do or when to send my lo to school lol
me too... have not think about when to send my baby to school.

I m so torn today. My gal had high fever and we went to KK hosp ytd 2am. Her fever was 38.5deg, and went up to 39.2deg. Gave her paracetamol 3ml, but still fever again after 4-5hrs. Worst still, she has hives all over her body and face. Doctor said some allergic reaction, and kept asking me what i ate, what bb ate. I only ate YTF for few weeks already. And bb nv ate anything new.. Her face had rashes quite badly (also some heat rashes ans ezcema like), and the hives is super itchy that she kept wanting to scratch it. We went home 7am after urine test showed normal. No UTI. Basically, no conclusion why. Doctor only gave allergic medicine and paracetamol, asked me to monitor 3days if still fever bring to doctor again. If keep vomiting each feeding, need to be admitted to hospital. So far my bb can drink v well, no vomit. Hope her condition improving soon.

Oh yeah, she has started to crawl using her hands (used to be using her tummy to crawl), she can sit down on her own and today i spot her standing up inside her cot. Both hands were holding the side rails. Not so stable yet but she can hold ard 5 sec. Gosh so scary.. My mom said its too fast for her, she is 6mths old 7.1kg, so I should hold her body weight instead of letting her on her own. Anyone encountered the same thing?
She also likes to sleep on her tummy at night, but I let so it as she can flip over freely already.. Babies nowadays are so fast!
aiyohhh.... poor baby. How is she now? Is she alright now?

It is good to know that your LO start to creeping now! It is a good sign and at least you do not need to worry of her development liao. My boy start to crawl at around 5.5 months, then 6 months plus he can creeping so steadily and can stand with support. Now he can stand quite long but still with holding into something, then sometime he can walk a bit by a bit by holding to the rail. Then he can also climb like climbing the stairs. My sister said because I am giving him DHA (I eat DHA tablets too).... so he becomes so active. lols.... Did you give your LO DHA too?

aiyohhh.... poor baby. How is she now? Is she alright now?

It is good to know that your LO start to creeping now! It is a good sign and at least you do not need to worry of her development liao. My boy start to crawl at around 5.5 months, then 6 months plus he can creeping so steadily and can stand with support. Now he can stand quite long but still with holding into something, then sometime he can walk a bit by a bit by holding to the rail. Then he can also climb like climbing the stairs. My sister said because I am giving him DHA (I eat DHA tablets too).... so he becomes so active. lols.... Did you give your LO DHA too?

Wah.. So it is. I took blackmores pregnancy daily without failed. I just googled online to confirm. Haha. But my SIL also took the same one, and her boy is damn quiet. Now 7mths+ still hardly crawl or move that much.

My bb usually climbs over me or hubby or even pillows/boolster on my bed. She co-sleep with me but now rather worrying. Mayb I shall let her sleep on the cot again.

She is much better now, still got hives ytd morning but seems nothing much now. Her fever has also subsided down.. Phew.. Only that today she seems to sneeze and cough quite abit. Still monitoring..

Thinking about it, this morning she was half naked on her diaper and top only when she just woke up!! I dunno how she did it but her pants (pijamas) were gone!! I wonder how she free herself in her sleep?!

Overview
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold provides an ideal daily dose of 20 important nutrients for mother and baby including folic acid, iodine, DHA and vitamin D3. With a low-constipation iron. - See more at: https://www.blackmores.com.au/products/pregnancy-breast-feeding-gold#sthash.lFhW7ya8.dpuf

Can mummies share your bb weight? My bb at 7 months 7.5kg.. he only increase 0.5kg for the past 3 months. He has started solid at 5.5 mths n drinking milk as per normal. He has fall from 50 percentile to 25 percentile. Is it normal?

Mine at 6mths only 7kg! Oso dropped to 25 percentile aiyo. But maybe cos he was sick and appetite not good. But is ok lah, hopefully start solids will bulk him up more.

me too... have not think about when to send my baby to school.

I think if those staying at punggol or sengkang, if have intention to send to pre-school better register early. A few frens who are staying there said quite horrible, even register at birth, and regularly call up to hound the school oso didnt managed to get in at 18 mths. :eek:

Cant believe all babies here are already 6months and above liao! And I think I've been chatting here for a year? Opps.....

Ah boy is so active now. Put him on the mattress, leave the room for 1 min, come back and found dat he had rolled / flipped / tumbled all the way to the door o_O Carrying him is oso difficult, keeps squirming around. Getting bored with his milk, drink abit will lose interest and throw milk bottle away. But so much fun now to interact with him haha.....

Btw anyone knows of a good toy rental place? I rented some for my elder one last time, jumperoos and walkers, but forgot which website already. Thanks!

I realise my boy's azcema gets better after we let him wear the Baltic amber necklace.. Not sure it is coincidence a not but his neck used to be always red red one now no longer reddish..

Last edited:
Cant believe all babies here are already 6months and above liao! And I think I've been chatting here for a year? Opps.....

Ah boy is so active now. Put him on the mattress, leave the room for 1 min, come back and found dat he had rolled / flipped / tumbled all the way to the door o_O Carrying him is oso difficult, keeps squirming around. Getting bored with his milk, drink abit will lose interest and throw milk bottle away. But so much fun now to interact with him haha.....

Btw anyone knows of a good toy rental place? I rented some for my elder one last time, jumperoos and walkers, but forgot which website already. Thanks!
My LO fell off the bed yesterday after her nap..I've actually placed alot of pillows around her but she managed to crawl out. Thankfully she had a soft landing on the carpet with a small abrasion on her nose. Now I don't dare to put her to nap on the bed, would transfer to the cot.

My LO fell off the bed yesterday after her nap..I've actually placed alot of pillows around her but she managed to crawl out. Thankfully she had a soft landing on the carpet with a small abrasion on her nose. Now I don't dare to put her to nap on the bed, would transfer to the cot.

Gosh my bb also climb over the pillow on my bed. I just moved down the cot bed to 3rd level low so she can sleep there instead. Yet she still can climb the railing to stand up. Very scary..

I realise my boy's azcema gets better after we let him wear the Baltic amber necklace.. Not sure it is coincidence a not but his neck used to be always red red one now no longer reddish..
What kind of necklace issit? My bb neck id also always red, heat rashes mostly. We apply cream and moisturiser but still red. Applied ezerra on her face and it improves..

preg2.png
Hi all, does this looked anything like positive? im due for menses in 2-5 days' time

What kind of necklace issit? My bb neck id also always red, heat rashes mostly. We apply cream and moisturiser but still red. Applied ezerra on her face and it improves..

Also not sure if it is the soothing effects or what.. But my husband feel that the necklace creates some gap at the neck so can air the neck..

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1450402433188.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1450402433188.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 174
Dear All, its been long time since I log in here and ever since back to work after maternity leave, never have the time to really sit down and get to read all the threads!

Its been 7 months for my LO and time really flies... Hope that all mummies are doing well and wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead! :)

Dear All, its been long time since I log in here and ever since back to work after maternity leave, never have the time to really sit down and get to read all the threads!

Its been 7 months for my LO and time really flies... Hope that all mummies are doing well and wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead! :)

Merry christmas mummies, and babies too! I also very long nv login here.
Any gatherings or planning for one any time next year?

17 Dec - LO fell from the bed. We immediately bring him to KK Children Emergency. He vomitted once during this episode which was when he first fell (we fed him just before the fall). When in the hospital, he was warded for a day. Nothing abnormal - he was happy, active and doctor cleared us for discharge the next day.

18 Dec - We got discharged in the morning. However, in the evening, after feeding porridge, LO started vomitting. We paused for 30 mins before feeding him cereal, he vomitted again. Later on, we fed milk, he vomitted again. So we re-admitted to hospital and stayed 2 nights. Throughout the stay, LO was on drip, cos he kept vomiting and have fever on and off. And we started slow with glucose water and eventually slow amount of milk. Doctor diagnosed and said it has nothing to do with the head injury/fall but most probably could be a bug/infection.

20 Dec - We got cleared and discharged. LO wasn't vomiting anymore. Fever was still on and off. We brought him home and tried to feed him, however, he doesn't want to drink milk. Tried feeding him cereal, he only ate a few spoonful. Throughout the day, it was tough because he doesn't want to drink milk at all. He used to be able to drink like 80-100ml per feed, but now, it's only 5-10ml per feed. We naturally relate it to poor appetite cos he just recovered.

21 Dec - He still rejects milk. However, during his feeding, he keep pushing the milk bottle away. I tried to make him drink but to no avail. However, the moment we changed to applesauce, he finished them. He's still active and happy, and we have no idea why he can consume applesauce and not milk. Is it the bottle? Is it still his poor appetite? Or is it being choosy?

I hope someone with same experience can shed some light because this is stressing me out. LO weight is now at 3rd percentile only.

PS: He has always been on milk strike since 2 months old.

17 Dec - LO fell from the bed. We immediately bring him to KK Children Emergency. He vomitted once during this episode which was when he first fell (we fed him just before the fall). When in the hospital, he was warded for a day. Nothing abnormal - he was happy, active and doctor cleared us for discharge the next day.

18 Dec - We got discharged in the morning. However, in the evening, after feeding porridge, LO started vomitting. We paused for 30 mins before feeding him cereal, he vomitted again. Later on, we fed milk, he vomitted again. So we re-admitted to hospital and stayed 2 nights. Throughout the stay, LO was on drip, cos he kept vomiting and have fever on and off. And we started slow with glucose water and eventually slow amount of milk. Doctor diagnosed and said it has nothing to do with the head injury/fall but most probably could be a bug/infection.

20 Dec - We got cleared and discharged. LO wasn't vomiting anymore. Fever was still on and off. We brought him home and tried to feed him, however, he doesn't want to drink milk. Tried feeding him cereal, he only ate a few spoonful. Throughout the day, it was tough because he doesn't want to drink milk at all. He used to be able to drink like 80-100ml per feed, but now, it's only 5-10ml per feed. We naturally relate it to poor appetite cos he just recovered.

21 Dec - He still rejects milk. However, during his feeding, he keep pushing the milk bottle away. I tried to make him drink but to no avail. However, the moment we changed to applesauce, he finished them. He's still active and happy, and we have no idea why he can consume applesauce and not milk. Is it the bottle? Is it still his poor appetite? Or is it being choosy?

I hope someone with same experience can shed some light because this is stressing me out. LO weight is now at 3rd percentile only.

What you are facing is definitely rather distressing! But given that he is active and happy, and eating, it sounds like he is being choosy. Have you tried mixing in a bit of milk with the applesauce? Or applesauce into the cereal?

Have you tried dreamfeeding baby? Mine also milk strike since 3-4 months, recently got worse after 6 months and always gag n vomit when I give her purée

Also not sure if it is the soothing effects or what.. But my husband feel that the necklace creates some gap at the neck so can air the neck..

Omg ur boy is super cute! He has smooth skin too.. My bb now has red patches all over her face and body ever since she started solid. Haih.. Dunno how to cure, sometimes better sometimes worse...

Omg ur boy is super cute! He has smooth skin too.. My bb now has red patches all over her face and body ever since she started solid. Haih.. Dunno how to cure, sometimes better sometimes worse...

Thank you!! His skin always looks glowing on photo one even when sometime got little rashes.. Recently his skin gets much better *touch wood*.. Not sure coincidence or the necklace got certain soothing effects... Maybe your boy allegric to certain food?

Oh dear. I hope everything's alright now. My baby fell from my bed too. And she fell head first. And this is my 3rd child and my older 2 also fell from bed before. Says alot about my parenting skills man...

If lo is no longer vomiting, it's a good thing I suppose? The refusal to feed might be due to the fact that the child is teething? Maybe check the gums to see if it's red or swollen? Since he's taking applesauce well with no vomiting, it should be fine I hope? Fever is down so that's great too! Also, observe lo when he's playing to see if he exhibit any 'drunken' movements? These are the things I was told to look out for.

I hope your baby is ok! It's really distressing!

Now that my boy can flip very well and freely plus starting to learn to crawl, putting him bed is so difficult now.. He will flip here, flip there, row here, row there, from the head of the cot goes to the end of the cot... Got to keep adjust his position to get him to sleep.. Anyone else got this problem too?

Last edited:
Now that my boy can flip very well and freely plus starting to learn to crawl, putting him bed is so difficult now.. He will flip here, flip there, row here, row there, from the head of the cot goes to the end of the cot... Got to keep adjust his position to get him to sleep.. Anyone else got this problem too?

My boy can turn 360 in the cot. Sometimes will bang his head too. I have stop using the cot. I put him on the mattress n co sleep with me. :)

Have you tried dreamfeeding baby? Mine also milk strike since 3-4 months, recently got worse after 6 months and always gag n vomit when I give her purée

LO is back to drinking milk well, in fact he was drinking more than usual. But now, he vomit whenever we feed him solids. I'm abit worried because milk cannot sustain and provide him the necessary. He used to love solids, but not anymore. I'm at wits ends.

Oh dear. I hope everything's alright now. My baby fell from my bed too. And she fell head first. And this is my 3rd child and my older 2 also fell from bed before. Says alot about my parenting skills man...

If lo is no longer vomiting, it's a good thing I suppose? The refusal to feed might be due to the fact that the child is teething? Maybe check the gums to see if it's red or swollen? Since he's taking applesauce well with no vomiting, it should be fine I hope? Fever is down so that's great too! Also, observe lo when he's playing to see if he exhibit any 'drunken' movements? These are the things I was told to look out for.

I hope your baby is ok! It's really distressing!

He has no more fever, no more vomiting. But the moment we feed him solids, he feel like vomiting. But he's taking milk well. He used to love solids as I mentioned, but now, he has this vomiting feeling everytime we feed him solids. It's been 10 days since the vomiting episode. Is this normal? =(

Hi mummies! How's everyone? Hope all of you had a great Christmas!

My LO finally ate more solids. No longer just 3-5 spoonfuls. Realised that she prefers thicker consistency. Heh. So now we just add small amounts of water to cereals to make it thicker.

LO is back to drinking milk well, in fact he was drinking more than usual. But now, he vomit whenever we feed him solids. I'm abit worried because milk cannot sustain and provide him the necessary. He used to love solids, but not anymore. I'm at wits ends.

He has no more fever, no more vomiting. But the moment we feed him solids, he feel like vomiting. But he's taking milk well. He used to love solids as I mentioned, but now, he has this vomiting feeling everytime we feed him solids. It's been 10 days since the vomiting episode. Is this normal? =(

Nope its not normal. My lo also puke when he is fed certain solids. Kkh doc recommended to refer him to c specialist for diet / Speech therapist (check tongue reflex or sorts) .... Was told of a window period from 7-12mths have to intro various texture food, if not baby will be fussy and picky when he grows up. First time experiencing it cos my other kids all dun have issue chewing n taking solids too..

Duno if only the doc i went to has this tinking or is like their protocol? But anyways no harm checking it out. Cos dun wan lo only drink milk n weight starts to decrease also.

Hi, just wondering is the childcare and pre-school run by PCF good a not? They are opening new branch near my house and also a new one near my MIL place.. Thinking should I registered for my boy a not..

Hi, just wondering is the childcare and pre-school run by PCF good a not? They are opening new branch near my house and also a new one near my MIL place.. Thinking should I registered for my boy a not..

Hi evelyn83, my elder gal just finished her 4 years of PCF Sparkletots and moving to P1 in a week's time! For me I guess any school whether good or bad depends a lot on the teachers & principal managing it. My gal had to change school (both still pcf) end last year cos we moved house. In K2 when so many of my friends kids had spelling test in school, my gal didn't have any. I asked the teachers and they said it's not a requirement in the moe syllabus. But when I happened to talk to a mummy friend with her kid in the ex-pcf, she said they do have spelling. So... my conclusion is yes, the syllabus doesn't call for it.. but it's a matter of whether the individual centre wants to make the effort to teach the kids. And so be it any school.. the people are what makes the difference. Hope u get a good one there ya! :)

Hi evelyn83, my elder gal just finished her 4 years of PCF Sparkletots and moving to P1 in a week's time! For me I guess any school whether good or bad depends a lot on the teachers & principal managing it. My gal had to change school (both still pcf) end last year cos we moved house. In K2 when so many of my friends kids had spelling test in school, my gal didn't have any. I asked the teachers and they said it's not a requirement in the moe syllabus. But when I happened to talk to a mummy friend with her kid in the ex-pcf, she said they do have spelling. So... my conclusion is yes, the syllabus doesn't call for it.. but it's a matter of whether the individual centre wants to make the effort to teach the kids. And so be it any school.. the people are what makes the difference. Hope u get a good one there ya! :)

Thanks for your response.. I think PCF is pretty strict in can only register 6 months in advance thru the website.. Think I will only put my boy to CC at 3 yr old before that will send him to playgroup.. My husband not very comfortable for my boy to go cc at younger age..

Hi dear ladies! It's been a while too since I came in here! Been busy busy and can't even feel the festive mood! Hope 2016 will be a better year for me & all of u as well!
LO has been sick for like 1.5 weeks?! Cough & flu that won't seem to go away... arrgghh... resulting in her weight to be stagnant for the past 1 month. Doesn't wanna eat or drink.. aiyo.. so small already wanna diet.. I'm still feeding the puree kind if stuff.. most probably moving on to porridge when she hits 8 mths end of this month. Hope she can take to it better. No teeth spotted till now.. shld be normal right??! I remembered my elder gal having her 1st tooth at 6 mths though!
Hope all LOs & mummies will be happy & healthy always! Have a wonderful 2016 ahead! Cheers!

Hi dear ladies! It's been a while too since I came in here! Been busy busy and can't even feel the festive mood! Hope 2016 will be a better year for me & all of u as well!
LO has been sick for like 1.5 weeks?! Cough & flu that won't seem to go away... arrgghh... resulting in her weight to be stagnant for the past 1 month. Doesn't wanna eat or drink.. aiyo.. so small already wanna diet.. I'm still feeding the puree kind if stuff.. most probably moving on to porridge when she hits 8 mths end of this month. Hope she can take to it better. No teeth spotted till now.. shld be normal right??! I remembered my elder gal having her 1st tooth at 6 mths though!
Hope all LOs & mummies will be happy & healthy always! Have a wonderful 2016 ahead! Cheers!

My boy also till now no sign of teeth yet.. Like a bit slow.. :( but I read from google like up to 1 yr old is still normal.. Not too sure also..

Same here. My LO is also like that. I didn't adjust her position..I let her roll and flip tillshe found a comfy spot to fall asleep. Now worse...she will hold the top of the railings and knee there and cry for attention. Don't even want to lie down and roll.... Put her flat down and she cries even louder.

Same here. My LO is also like that. I didn't adjust her position..I let her roll and flip tillshe found a comfy spot to fall asleep. Now worse...she will hold the top of the railings and knee there and cry for attention. Don't even want to lie down and roll.... Put her flat down and she cries even louder.

Cause somehow I feel that when I re position him, he will sleep faster..

Same lor.. Unless he really want to sleep else he want cry when we let him lie down But now he haven't learn to kneel in his cot yet.. He only kneel by pulling the sofa when he's at the living

My LO is. 7 months now and I'm still feeding her mashed food. I don't have a blender so I will steam till soft and mash the food thru strainer and add bm. My friend just lent me a grinder to grind rice till almost powdery and then cook it. Takes lesser time to cook. Will try that for rolled oats too. Can beat rolled oats now? My girl will eat solids and she will fuss at the high chair after some time and I will stop feeding. Sometimes she snatched my spoon and bite. Think so she is teething.

Cause somehow I feel that when I re position him, he will sleep faster..

Same lor.. Unless he really want to sleep else he want cry when we let him lie down But now he haven't learn to kneel in his cot yet.. He only kneel by pulling the sofa when he's at the living
Yes I have this problem ever since my bb crawl. And now worse coz she wanna stand up all the time, pretending able to walk. But then she will fall and crawl again. She keeps moving even during her sleep. Basically she occupies the entire king size bed herself! If put her in sleeping position she will cry cry n cry.. Then flip on tummy, and starts all her activities again..

I haven't been cleaning baby mouth too... because whether I wanna clean, he will refuse to open his mouth! Haha. Today I touch his gum and fetch rough edges... his first tooth finally out! At 8m.
My bb also has her first teeth, 2 front bottom. Its out only 1-2mm height but can feel it. Haha. No wonder she has been drooling n teething alot these few weeks. Not as if she nv done so, but it got worse. Her saliva is all over my bed and clothes. Haha..

I wonder how frequent we need to clean their teeth and gum esp after starting solid food?

Speaking of solid food, she seems to hate salmon. We made salmon puree mixed with porridge, she dun wan to eat after her first 4 spoons. Now she has been eating carrot, chicken, avocado, pumpkin. Trying brocolli later, hope she likes it. What other food shall we introduce?

Yes I have this problem ever since my bb crawl. And now worse coz she wanna stand up all the time, pretending able to walk. But then she will fall and crawl again. She keeps moving even during her sleep. Basically she occupies the entire king size bed herself! If put her in sleeping position she will cry cry n cry.. Then flip on tummy, and starts all her activities again..

Same here. Now getting LO to sleep is not easy.

Back